Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

Work with great scientists
Senior Associate Biologist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2017
Work with great people, but management gets in the way. Company has great benefits. A good company to work for and raise a family. Able to work flexible hours.
Great place to work but stockholders rule; and headcount is king. That's why the 3500 layoffs world-wide.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2017
Job security is never there. I've seen the most brilliant people walk out the door when Lilly should've been doing everything they could to hang on to them. But, it's typical corporate business models. To cut expenses you need to cut heads.
Pros
Great benefits, beautiful place to work, culture/environment is very respectful.
Cons
They have to answer to the stockholders
Company focused on finding new medicines for patients
Business Analyst/Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2017
Challenging and energetic work environment focused on finding new medicines for patients. Company focuses on excellence, respect for people and integrity.
Great group and collarorative atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2017
typical workday can vary. some days are more stressful than others.

I work with a great group of people. there is a great culture here at the NY office.

the most enjoyable part of the job is the people I have worked with as well as the satisfaction of working on drugs helping people with cancer.
benefits
Cons
relocation
Hours are nice
Operator III Purification (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJSeptember 17, 2017
Very fast pace. Management excellent Learning a new porcess in my career. People I work with are professional and willing to share and teach the process to you.
Embrace the culture
Statistician Computation (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2017
Lilly's culture and core values are Integrity, Excellence and Respect for People. I really enjoyed working in this environment. We work hard to keep the high standard on quality of work product following sophisticated regulation guidelines so as to be responsible for our patients. Most of the colleagues I knew worked here for a long time which very rarely happen in other companies. I would recommend friends to work for Lilly. There are clear career path, competitive employee benefit and fulfillment with all kinds of opportunities and challenges.
Pharma company dedicated to patient care
Executive Assistant/Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJSeptember 15, 2017
Eli Lilly is very dedicated to patient care, and puts it first and foremost.

With that said, advancement internally suffered, and further opportunities were not existent
Leader in Diabetes
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WISeptember 13, 2017
This is an excellent company with a great team of people who are able to promote proven products. Eli Lilly has an extensive portfolio and excellent leadership.
Pros
Excellent products, wonderful benefits
Cons
High pressure and access to prescribers
Clinical Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 13, 2017
Great place to work, challenging but very rewarding experience in oncology. Learned a tremendous amount and learned very valuable skills. Very difficult to leave this job but the company has made strategic decision to close NJ location in Bridgewater. I was challenged on a daily basis and found the work I did very rewarding as I had the opportunity to work on drugs that were FDA approved.
Leader in Field
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 13, 2017
Meaningful work
Interesting work
Meet many interesting people selling pharmaceuticals to hospital pharmacy directors & physicians
Fascinating product
Independent work environment
productive and fun place to work
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working in development, but loved working in QC doing product testing. My favorite part of the job was always actually running tests on samples. I especially appreciated having finite results to look forward to.
Pros
great benefits. great retirement plan.
Cons
don't have any cons
Very family oriented.
Receptionist Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2017
Everyone works well together. Manager was very fair and flexible. Company provided a cafeteria inside location, so you do not have to leave the campus for lunch.
I had fun working at Lilly
Principle Associate (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJSeptember 11, 2017
Loved it!!
Well-organized company
Clear understanding of departmental and company-wide responsibilities
Good benefits, specifically for vacation and sick time
I've enjoyed working gif the vompamy
Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 10, 2017
Lilly has been a great company to work for. They base themselves on integrity and stfong values, and I have seen that my whole career at Lilly. I've held s variety of position with different products, and have worked with wonderful people.
Professional work place
Finance Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2017
You will work with many smart and professional people in a very challenging market.
Good values and company culture, however location is not very appealing
Stable pharmaceutical company
Supplier Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 9, 2017
Eli Lilly is a Pharmaceutical company develops and delivers trusted medicines that meet real needs. Eli Lilly is the largest distributor and manufacturer of psychiatric medications in the world. .
uncertainty
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2017
seems to be unstable at the current time. cutbacks occurring all through 2017, proceed with caution. resulting in more work for remaining workforce
Quality Control Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2017
It is a place where you have so many opportunities to grow, and try different jobs. They allow flexibility for family balance. The downside is that they are cutting jobs and workload for many is getting to be a bit heavy for realistic goals.
A good place to work
Senior Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 7, 2017
It's been a while since I left, but when I was there is was a very good place to work. Management and peers were supportive; everybody was willing to share their expertise.
Eli Lilly
Regulatory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2017
A fantastic place to work and learn new skills. A great opportunity to meet people from all over the world. The colleagues from Lilly have remained my friends for more than 10 years now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eli Lilly. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2