Eli Lilly Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 8, 2016
high end work, with top quality workers, friendly a employers. work in expensive remodels with the highest of expectations. great place to work
A Great company to work for
Senior research associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2015
Most people are very professional. The work life balance is wonderful. Eli Lilly is a great company with high level of integrity and values. They are great to their employees. They have an outstanding track record and history.
Pros
Wonderful work and personal life balance
Cons
less promotional materials and higher expectations.
Sales Supervisor Associate & Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2016
Great people and direction helping people around the world fight diseases. An excellent company to work for that truly develops their people.
Nice and very safe place to work.
Sr. Biotech Operator (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRSeptember 5, 2015
About Me:
I like to teach everyone to do the things right the fist time. I like to work hard and to make sure things are well done. I have a lot of experience in managment in different campus especially in sales. I am a very organized person and an exellent comunicator who like to convince other with logic ideas. I'm a strong worker who do not give up when I am working with a project or some assignment. Im very responsible person with my responsibilities and i like to proved it. For me the sky is the limit. I'm very positive for everything that is good.
Ask Me About:
Operate various processes within the control room following ticket procedures for each processing step.
Pros
Gym rooms
Cons
Health care.
A typical day at work
Pharmaceutical Consultant, Chemist (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRSeptember 16, 2015
My days at the pharmaceutical was really different. I was the person that covers the others personnel at the laboratory. I calibrate all the laboratory equipment and depending on the lab demands I work at the analytical laboratory (analyzing raw materials, intermediate product or finished product), Also can be assigned at micro laboratory, to perform Vancomicyn at the autoburt. Others days I need to analyze the wet water test. In ocations I was the person in charge to analyze the raw materials using GC, HPLC or FTIR.

If there was any discrepancy between USP, SOP and the test result and I was not involved; I was the person in charge of all investigation at the laboratory with zero deviation or observation by the FDA.
Pros
Cheap lunch at the Cafeteria
Cons
Short break or no lunch when the FDA was in the Lab
Chemical process developer and troubleshooter
Consultant Scientist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2015
Eli Lilly and Co. has been a very good employer. I have been employed at this company for most of my career. The work has been challenging with respect to troubleshooting development issues on scale up. As a production chemist for about half of my career, production problems and production mistakes were very challenging to solve. I was very successful at recovering processes while in process. Countless kilos of intermediate and products were saved from incineration over the years.
Hours were great. The pay was great for that time. No benefits.
packager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2015
Working as a Kelly Temp the experience was a first in a production setting. The experience was very positive. The lilly employee's went out of their to be helpful.
Pros
wonderful work place
Cons
not hiring without a degree
Very good compant to work for
Carpenter foreman (Former Employee) –  INSeptember 30, 2015
Very safe company would like to work for them again , Overall had a great time and met alot of great co workers as well a good management team . would like to work for them again . Wish there was more work like this in the U.S.
Pros
Very safe
Cons
Hard to get a staff position
Eli Lilly and Company is a good employer
Training and Development Assistant and Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2015
I worked for Eli Lilly and Company for 28 years and enjoyed the work tremendously. I always felt appreciated for a job well done.
Pros
Fair Pay and understanding employer.
Teamwork/Coaching/Interpersonal
Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2015
Collaborating with other toward a common goal, mentoring and personally supporting the development of others.
Coordinate the weekend work for the department. this require supervising 6-10 Technicians from our area and other departments. this involves compiling the schedule and to do so I must under stand the member of studies and time it takes to complete study.
The hardest part of job was the acute studies. The most enjoy part of the job was setting up designing studies and mentoring and sharing my experience, perspectives, and knowledge to help other succeed, thereby increasing the value to the lab and company.

Want to know more about Eli Lilly?

Ask a question
SAP Platform Project
Lilly Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 31, 2015
SAP Platform Project, manage data for Modules of All functional areas as Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, etc. Administration tasks, meetings coordination, travel arrangements. Excellent team players and management.
Pros
Excellent Team work
Cons
NONE
Great company to work for!!!
Senior Pharmaceutical Representative (Former Employee) –  DetroitJune 27, 2015
I worked for Eli Lilly and Company for over 9 years and they are an amazing organization. They are extremely loyal and truly believe in work family balance. I had amazing, fun and helpful managers. Ride alongs for me were enjoyable, not a shore...
Pros
Great benefits, structured and detailed training programs, plenty of material for providers, helpful management and strong product lines.
Cons
It’s not really anything to do with Lilly, but more of the INDUSTRY.... Changing times; harder access, less promotional materials and higher expectations.
Great Company and Atmosphere
Manufacturing Operator II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 11, 2015
Love the people, and environment. The hardest part of the job is the schedule (9/3 slide). The first line supervisor's are not necessary in my opinion.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
9/3 slide
I wouldn't recommend...
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2015
Lilly's environment and culture has deteriorated particularly in the past 7 years. Many have left there because of this. The last 2 years was especially difficult because I dreaded going to work.

However, the CEO is a wonderful man. He sincerely seems to care about others. He is trying to change the culture but it's going to be a very long hard road for him. My respect and my heart goes out to him.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Employees are not valued.
It is a great company to work for
Executive Sales Representative Miami Territory (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 3, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Lilly. I believe it is a great company to work for. I believe that it is a strong company that still values its employees and its customers.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Advancement of career requires moving to indianapolis
management did not interact, job was unsupervised
Capacity Planner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2015
Prepare reports forecasting hours, and direct / indirect expenses for molecule projects.
Developed Program to place data into Excel from Manual Review to save time and ensure accuracy.
Upload and download data from SAP Operating System.
Prepare reports to show project deliverables comparing actual Effort (Resources) against Forecasted Effort, with Direct and Indirect Expense input.
Prepare Excel reports defining specific data relating to code input for upload to SAP System. Analyze Project data for Project Managers.
Defined Capacity Planner Role
Created In-House Training Manual for future hires.
Pros
stable company
Cons
was a temporary assignment
A rich environment for chemical process development
Senior Chemist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2015
- A typical day involves setting up and monitoring multiple reactions as part of synthetic route design. Additionally, multiple conversations occur with colleagues and supervisors regarding project goals and priorities
- I've learned a great deal about what makes a reliable and robust process for large scale manufacturing.
-My management and coworkers both provide support, humor and encouragement as part of developing chemical process.
- The hardest part of the job is unsuccessful reactions. Just because a given reaction works on paper doesn't mean it's a great process.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is improving a reaction to improve material throughput for manufacturing
Pros
Free gym memberships at local gyms, Guaranteed year-end vacation
A place to work rather challenging but at the same time you learn a lot and help you on your development to be a better professional.
Soft Service Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRJuly 22, 2015
Is a great place to work the culture is very comfortable, where they create a team work environment. But at the same time very demanding.

I work subcontracted for JCI and I am in charge of all the facilities, I directly supervise 14 employees. Plus all the janitorial, landscaping and pest control employees that are subcontracted.

The hardest part of my job is to make Lilly to see my company as a partner and not like another contractor. And I think it’s have been manage by continues and clear communications with all my clients, so they can feel a trust environment with myself.

For me my job is very rewarding because I love to work on the client service and facilities industry.
Pros
Love to learn every day something new. Also I like my skills to be challenge each day
Cons
Depeanding on a contract to be singend every 2 years.
Long hours and ever changing schedule
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2015
The job was not bad; however I had a very poor manager. While his manager said I did an excellent job by catching some errors that could have potentially caused a recall, the immediate manager took it personal and made my life miserable.
Pros
Majority of managers there are excellent! Great salary and benefits!
Cons
One bad manager does not make the entire company bad.
Fast past
Assembler/Installer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside of my colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eli Lilly. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2