Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

Progressive Company in the Midwest
Marketing Manager - Payer Strategy (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2016
Lilly is a scientifically-driven, progressive organization. It truly values innovative thinking and rewards strategic-oriented initiatives. It still has work to do in regards to breaking down the barriers of diversity but it is attempting to make strides in that area
Great Company, Great Culture
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 5, 2016
Respectable company to work for with a great work culture. Employees are very knowledgeable, nice, and helpful. Most enjoyable part is you can schedule your work week yourself and you are always going new places and meeting new people. Least enjoyable part is the job is like running your own business, so it requires work "after the clock". Typical day would be a conference call in the morning or evening, then drive to different offices talking to doctors about your product and their patients and leaving samples, then picking up lunch and taking it to an office and talking to the employees and doctors about your products, then coming home and doing expenses, inventory, emails, etc.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Not a very stable industry
Good compnay tanistion of many mangers over a short period
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 1, 2016
It was great to learn a new disease state, but we were moved several times in a short period. Continuity of care was not a priority
Pros
Love helping patients in this diesase state
Cons
Wish I could had a territory that was consistent
Typical Day
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 30, 2016
Typical day: our goal was to see 7 doctors a day to deliver key messages to help them provide a solution for their patients.

I was lucky enough to sell great products
Eli Lilly is a great company
Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2016
Eli Lilly is a great company and very well managed. I would worked with this company again.

I have worked as a Data manager. I have also worked with Eli Lilly company as PM
Pros
Eli Lilly is a great company. Strong healthy
Cons
Would like to work FTE
I loved doing my actual work but disliked my work environment.
Contract worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2016
Working at Eli Lilly is great if you actually work for them. If you are a Contract Worker, you are treated like a member of the "lower-class". Eli Lilly employees treat you will very little respect, that you're not good enough for them and if they make a mistake, they always blame the contract workers, etc.
A top down mentality of departmental management
Consumer Quality Assurance Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2016
This is the WORST company I've ever worked for. I would not recommend this corporate environment to anyone I like. The Departmental Managers often have very little training or education, yet they have many who have much more education reporting to them. Unless you like to be a follower, unless you are a "Yes" man and agree to idiotic ideas, I advise that you look into a much more promising company that values family, military, work/life balance and your efforts.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Lower-level Management, poor ethics, career ladder (unless you're a yes man)
Great company
Quality Assurance Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 4, 2016
Great experience to learn from a lot of great people especially about the Phase III approval process. Sadly drug was never approved.
Comfortable work environment
Document Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJOctober 28, 2016
Friendly people, nice work environment. Everyone is willing to assist you. Worked as a contractor, wanted to stay on but assignment ended.
Pros
Very nice and reasonable cafe
Eli Lilly
Sr. data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2016
Probably the best place to work. Work environment is good for personal growth. skills are tested almost on a daily basis.
Great Place, great people good company
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2016
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
busy place
Production Technician II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 21, 2016
Management did not listen to their employees. they also o did not look out for their employees. they looked out for themselves. this company has good benifits
Exciting job
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 19, 2016
Get to work with doctors and present options to help them treat their patients. Its an exciting field to be in and Lilly is one of the best companies.
Great Job
Student Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2016
It is a cool place to work. So many people work there and it is very diverse. The management was really good. I enjoyed networking with people.
Fun work place with a lot to learn
Senior SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 13, 2016
Work atmosphere is very good here.All the co-workers are very friendly and co-operative.Management is very friendly.The hardest part of the job is close deadlines.
very safe place to work
BIOTECH OPERATOR ELI LILLY (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRSeptember 11, 2016
good and safe place to work. Good philosophy but the working hours are the worst. good coworkers. the duty at work was always the same.
personal and professional growth opportunities
Cardiovascular Hospital Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 4, 2016
Eli Lilly is an incredible company for which to work as for it provided several opportunities for professional and personal growth opportunities for 16 years. The leadership and strong management team of which I was a part of is admirable. The best part of being a part of this company was the people with whom I worked. I am still in touch with many of my Lilly colleagues today.
Pros
professional and entrepreneurial leadership
Great Co-workers
EMS Console Safety Operator/Securitas (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46225September 2, 2016
I worked very long hours and enjoyed this job. There was alot of stress envolved and worked there longer than many. There is a high turn over at Securitas.
Pros
Beautiful Facility
Cons
Very long hours
Committed, results oriented, hard worker
Contracted Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRSeptember 1, 2016
Typical day of work: plan and execute daily activities.
Find the root cause of a problem is a leaning experience
Manage resources and team to meet objectives.
The hardest part is manage conflict between team members.
The most enjoyable is to meet objectives on time and on budget
productive and pleasant work environment
QUALITY ASSURANCE PRODUCT COMPLAINTS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJAugust 30, 2016
Nice company to work for. There was a pleasant work environment. Commute to work was excellent resulting with less stress each day.
Cons
Company acquisition resulting in duplication of job at different site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eli Lilly. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2