Eli Lilly Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 29, 2015
work transversely with counter parts, work in a POD, attend POAs and NMSs, promote products to physicians, lunch n learns,
Pros
Helping patients with unmet needs
High respect for people
Country Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 26, 2015
Eli Lilly is a fun company to be with. Respect for people in all aspect is evident and can be observed everyday. There is also work life balance so which made my job easier.
Pros
Free lunch, phone allowance, company car with option to buy, affiliate bonus
Cons
Long travel going to work
I loved the work and the tremendous benefits at Lilly. I was always busy and had something to do.
Sr. Exception Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day at work was always interesting. There was such a great variety of things to do. I learned the correct way a business should be run. Management was good, very intelligent. Co-workers easy to work with. Hardest part of the job was training the vendors on the new system. The most enjoyable part of the job was making all customers happy; solving problems.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
a lot of overtime at month-end.
A great pharmaceutical company
Retail Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityFebruary 27, 2015
Eli Lilly & Company is a a great place to work because you take pride in what you do by changing peoples lives. The commitment to making life better goes beyond the medicine the company makes. As a pharmaceutical sales representative, I can say I trust Eli Lilly and share the company's values. In addition to that its an incredible workplace where you learn and enjoy from the people you work with.
It was a lifetime of learning and good times.
Retired (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2015
During my time with Eli Lilly I learned how to have fun and how to handle disappointment when things did not go right. Lilly was a great company to work at and for. They did a lot of good for me and my family as will as the community.
solid big pharma
Asst. Sr. Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 5, 2015
Excellent research, manufacturing, and other lab opportunities throughout the world. Respectful of diversity. Good opportunities for advancement through different task assignments to support pharma research and manufacturing.
Secure job with work life balance
Enterprise Master data management - SME (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2015
Secure job with work life balance. Compensation/Benefits are ok.
Job Culture is good. Job is secure. You get to learn new technologies in your projects.
Exciting place to work.
ASSOCIATE BIOCHEMIST (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 11, 2015
Great opportunity to make an impact on new potential drug candidates through research and assay development. Co-workers were genuine with their help and cross-training skills. I enjoyed the spring/summer Friday afternoon social interaction.
Pros
great in-house cafeteria, benefits package
Cons
site in research triangle park was closed and relocated back to indianapolis, in.
Enjoyable place to work for a company that really respects their employees
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2015
enjoyed working with the responsible scientist and other coworkers.Learned basic computer skills. Worked with and entered data into spreadsheets
Pros
great working environment with great co-workers
Cons
downsizing resulting in job loss
what i learned
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis indianaJuly 21, 2015
I learned how to make different drinks work the cash register do inventory, receive shipments, open and close the store.
Good Companie
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRJune 5, 2015
its a good Manufacturing companie in Puerto Rico. Great benefis and job opportunity. Very frendly relationship with co-workers and human resorce.
Cons
health care 401k
Excellent Company to grow
Demand Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRJanuary 26, 2015
The Demand Support Associate role is focused on customer program management, capability curriculum development and implementation, exhibits’ logistics, training support and internal communications’ management; Thought Leaders relations, exhibit logistics and training support.

The management at the office was coaching oriented, you can work with little supervision.

My co-workers are the most respectful and kind people I ever met.

The harder part of the job is the lack of job security because of the industry.

They put a lot of trust on me to deliver different task by myself with little supervision. Traveling to different parts of the country. and making peoples life better.
Pros
travel to different parts of the country, work flexibility hours, compensation
Cons
lack of job security
Major Pharmaceutical Environment
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2015
Progressive in Biological Development in the early days of Biotechnology. For example, they acquired Inulin (human insulin) from Genentech. They were also the first major entity to acquire a monoclonal antibody franchise. During my tenure they had projects such as Protein C development underway.

The environment was risk adverse and highly political. They had a hard time getting projects through development and into the market place.
Pros
highly people oriented. they value their employees and walk it not just talk it.
Cons
risk adverse and highly political environment, everyone was afraid of making a career curbing mistake, difficult to achieve product oriented r&d goals with cutting edge technology.
A fun and safe environment to work at
Clerk 1 (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2015
I love my job and my supervisor however the job is contracted and my time will be up soon. The people I work with are wonderful, polite and a joy it is also a very safe place to work
Pros
great place to work and everyone follows all the rules
Cons
contract worker
Very productive
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  PRMay 22, 2015
Lots of work never ending
Learned a lot of Manufacturing process of Fermentation & Purification process
Execellent co-workers
Hardest part of work is 24/7 production
Professional, large corporation work envirnment
Summer Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2015
worked with professionals
worked for a large corporation
learned about SAP
worked with excel
worked with Microsoft
worked with ledger accounts
learned about contracts, and forecasting
created a website for the company's use
Pros
work with professionals, worked with many different programs, formed professional relationships
Great work culture and diversity
MBA Intern (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 15, 2015
Interaction senior leadership team is the most valuable aspect working at Lilly. Great opportunity to learn and grow.
Team leader with strong presence and ability to make others laugh.
Lead Machinist Level A (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2015
I work daily with engineers, owner users and maintenance staff providing plans to predict, prevent and maintain equipment and machines, while offering feedback to appropriate personnel to improve performance. Always thorough with a strong attention to detail. Constantly looking for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitor my own work and junior staff to ensure quality and eliminate errors. Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in oral, written or diagram form. Have common sense reasoning with very strong problem solving capabilities. Self-starter and natural born leader, working to promote a strong team environment with excellent customer service skills.
Pros
benefits, sense of gratification of accomplishment, variety and fellowship.
Cons
timelines, first time repairs, middle of the night call in's.
Environmental Regulatory and Compliance
Associate Consultant & Sr. Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Clinton, INJanuary 31, 2016
As the chemist for the environmental lab (staff of 6), the data contributions of the staff are reviewed and verified to be accurate and compliant. The submitted data to the state is additionally checked.

Instrument PMs are maintained and if/when there is malfunction internal maintenance is schedules and diagnosed. If it is a part malfunction, technical service from the vendor is scheduled. Instruments need to be operating 24/7.

If/when there is a sudden pollutant release into the site effluent, immediate action is taken through system monitoring of TOC and pH. If the alarms are beyond the established limits, the effluent is diverted and captured for analysis and remediation. During the capture, the chemist coordinates an action plan to find the source and remediate.

Aside from managing the activities of site pollutant reduction, I submit three annual regulatory reports, SARA 312, SARA 313 and the IDEM Emission Report.

The diversity of job responsibilities makes the job interesting and many time challenging, as answers cannot be delayed. I enjoy the teamwork of lab associates who have worked alongside me for many years, they are family.

Learning is everyday whether it is process or chemistry or both. This job cannot be performed as every day is the same - it isn't. Every day is different and coordination of the scheduled requirements is one of the hardest parts of the job.
Pros
Answering through root cause analysis the source of pollution
Cons
Management expecting immediate answers to complex problems
Start in 1982,was great for scientific innovation. By 2004, only Political Science was valued.
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2014
I don't play ping pong. Stress, more stress. The general feeling was that a person must make themselves look better by making someone else look worse.

Management only hears what they want to hear - facts are considered to be irrelevent nuisances to be dispensed of.

On a scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest):
Pharmaceutical SCIENCE - 1
Political SCIENCE - 10
Pros
it was a great place to be from.
Cons
it was a great place to be from

4.2