Eliassen Group Employee Reviews

Expansion or bust
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 22, 2017
Eliassen was a great company to work for and promote; they used to take care of their consultants and employees alike. Within the last three years, they have beefed up on middle management, and have opened some brick and mortar expansion offices. They do not promote within for the expansion roles and value the opinions of those they have been beating in the market for years, over the employees that got them there.
On top of that, they have built up quite a bit of overhead in middle management. As a result, they do not pay consultants as much as they should. They have some markups that are unnecessary and are passed along to the clients and consultants.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of respect for contractors, no vision, no room for internal growth
Great place to work.
Recruitment Manager, University Program. (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJMay 17, 2017
The company has excellent track record in the staffing industry. The company indeed facilitates the staff appropriately. The work environment is very balanced. The management is very supportive and prompt in resolving open issues.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 10, 2017
Eliassen Group is a great place to work. Management is great and very approachable. Great new headquarters in Reading, MA. Great people and great reputation in the marketplace.
Collaborative Environment
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2017
I've been working at Eliassen since October and as a new employee, I have always felt welcomed and cared for. They make sure to provide plenty of guidance and support to new hires and I couldn't be more comfortable!
Excellent Place to Work!!!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Reading, MAMarch 28, 2017
Working at Eliassen has been a great experience which has provided me with opportunity to grow my income but also is FUN! We have a great work environment, very laid back and friendly. When conflict comes up I have support; I'M NOT ALONE! Recruiting can be a drowning profession, but at Eliassen we have strong account management that helps recruiters pinpoint clients needs and help us directly. The reason for my success and so many others here begin with the culture. Yes, being a recruiter is hard work but Eliassen provides the tools necessary to be successful. After recruiting here, I can't imagine working for any other organization.
Pros
Great $$ plan, always free food, kind co-workers, good clients, free gym
Cons
Always free food
Great cultutre casual enough but at the same time professional
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMarch 24, 2017
I worked there as a contractor for a few months and everyone was very welcoming and helpful. Every week they had food employees great coffee and although it was a very casual enviroment everyone was very professional.
Great Work Culture
Branch Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2017
Great overall work culture with a leadership team that puts the people first. You can truly feel the employee, consultant and client population is held in high regard. Speaking up, sharing ideas and making recommendations to improve the organization are highly encouraged. Your ideas will be heard and can be implemented! I enjoy going to work every day and contributing to the growth of the the organization, the office, the people, and the technology community. If you are looking for a career in a fun and encouraging work culture, where both personal and profession growth happen on a daily basis and there is an opportunity for a high earning potential, this is the organization.
Pros
Fun yet challenging work, something new every day, great people and leadership.
Cons
The work required to be successfully and grow professionally and personally is not for everyone, If you enjoy the challenges and understand what it takes to be successful you will be happy.
Eliassen Review
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2017
As a recent graduate of the resource specialist class I can say only great things about the company. This is a great program for anyone who has just gradauted from college to get there foot in the door. The training to be a recruiter has given me great insight that I have never seen from any other company. The culture of Eliassen is also something that drew me in. This is a job where are valued as a person and they care about you.
Pros
benefits, work life balance, great co-workers
Recruiting
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJanuary 17, 2017
-Great team camaraderie
-Ability to work with some of the top companies in IT
-Good commission plan
-Lunch & learns, team building exercises, recruiter training
-Quarterly company events / recognition awards
Cons
management needs to recognize and do anything to KEEP their quality performers, rather than having the "everyone is replaceable" mentality
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Mid AtlanticJanuary 16, 2017
I have been working for Eliassen Group almost two years now and I have to say that joining Eliassen was the best career decision I have made. The culture is great and the Management is supportive and collaborative.
I also love how the company believes strongly in employee recognition.
Highly recommend!
Great Place to work
Regional Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 20, 2016
I love working at Eliassen and coming in each morning. I enjoy complimentary coffee, snacks, outings, and the overall culture of the company. This company is ever changing for the better. Business casual dress is a major plus! My co workers are great, understanding, and respectful. Management rocks, I work really well with them. Personality is key, there is constant interactions with people no matter your role so being friendly, understanding, thoughtful, and open minded goes a long way at Eliassen.
Pros
Outings, snacks, lunches, etc.
Cons
I can't think of any at the moment.
Great people, switching gears for growth
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MANovember 1, 2016
Always great interactions with people that work here. The executive team is passionate and committed to moving the company forward. With a 20 year history, it's a big player in the staffing industry. In preparation for growth, the company needs to be open to the required changes necessary.
Pros
People
Cons
Far from Boston
Excellent Training Program
Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MASeptember 12, 2016
The Eliassen Group Resource Specialist program was an excellent introduction to the staffing industry and provided myself and the other Resource Specialist in my training class an amazing training program that was geared toward many different types of learning styles.

On a day-to-day during the three month training I participated in classroom training, roles plays and shadow sessions with senior recruiters, and had phone conversations with candidates.

I received continuous support from my managers and mentor, as well as from others in my Resource Specialist class. Not only did I receive excellent training, but I also built a bond with my co-workers and management team through group lunches and out-of-work social activities.
Pros
free lunches, out of work outings, free parking, work/life balance, great mangement
Eliassen
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 22, 2016
Good place to work. I would recommenced any new college grad to take a look at Eliassen. It is a great place to get started and gain some real experience.
Technical Recruiter
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 15, 2016
I have been with the company for a few months now and can truly say it is the healthiest sales environment I have ever worked in. Management and executives are highly present, involved in helping both individuals and teams to grow, and their "open door" policy makes them easy to approach about absolutely anything.

A typical work day starts with a daily stand-up meeting with the entire team to provide updates and check in one the status of everyone's priorities. Really helps with communication and keeping everyone up-to-date. Follow this with standard recruiting of emails, resumes, phone calls and coordinating interviews/offers.

Co-workers, Management and support staff in Bethesda are so great to work with. Everyone gets along, knows how to have fun but also are very focused/supportive to the success of the branch and each other. There is trust and commitment which is great.

The hardest part of the job is putting in all of the time and effort to get a sale and having nothing work out. It happens with any sales job, but it can be a bit disheartening. You just have to keep going! The other con I would say is the base salary -- should vary depending on years of experience and take into account the local economy/cost of living. Commission package is better than other places I have seen though!

The most enjoyable part, again, is the work environment. There is no micromanaging. There is a high level of trust that everyone is doing their job (it shows in your numbers), everyone is just friendly and approachable. We like to have fun and we like to make money!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMay 19, 2016
Everyone here is very nice and personable. We all get along great, and there is always someone willing to help you out if you need it. The managers are appreciative of a hard-working employee, and will always recognize the people who put good effort into their jobs. The company is growing quickly, so there are a lot of opportunities to grow with them.
Pros
Company outings, some free lunches/treats, great work/life balance
Cons
headquarters is too small (but moving to a new building soon!)
Valued Oracle SME
Oracle Database Administrator - Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 12, 2016
On an almost daily basis, I am asked to provide in-depth explanations of new 12c architecture and features to a highly knowledgeable staff. A great deal of effort does go into detailed review and explanation of specific technical features that may sound familiar but which function in unexpected ways. 'Selling' new functionality to development teams and operational requires a high degree of verbal finesse as well as the creation of test cases and demonstrations. The hardest aspect of the job - sometimes - are entrenched cliques within the organization which can make evaluation of new approaches unnecessarily difficult.
Pros
Immediate recognition and appreciation for efforts that have noticable impact
Cons
Not all efforts to optimize database operations have noticable impacts
Great work environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMarch 15, 2016
Awesome team - great pay, great work life balance and training. Best sales job i've ever had and would recommend to all. The team and management are amazing. Very successful company.
Not at all organized
systems administrator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 4, 2016
Working for Eliassen Group on a Government contract has been a nightmare. I am supposed to be paid each week and direct deposit won't start for three weeks so my first couple of paychecks were supposed to be mailed to me. So far, no check has made it to my mailbox. The company claims to have mailed the checks and they verified my address but nothing.
The staff involved with the new employee onboarding process did not seem to know what to do, for example, my security clearance was not migrated over which is usually done the day after the last day of employment from the old company. This held up my access at the new contract location.
In the future, I will avoid any contracts offered through Eliassen Group.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Great Company!
Organizational Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 3, 2015
Eliassen group offers a great culture & work environment. It is truly a breath of fresh air to be able to see & speak to upper management and leaders on a regular basis. This is a company that has built up a leadership committee that cares about its employees and keeping them happy. Everyone is very welcoming and helpful, the management team makes a strong effort to build interpersonal relationships with employees while also being very receptive to their opinions and concerns. They also do a great job of promoting career advancement opportunities and offers many training programs to help their employees succeed. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a company to build a career!
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Parking, Awesome work environment, Great leadership team
Cons
Parking lot- can be difficult to find spots; Building/office could use some updates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eliassen Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval