Eliassen Group Employee Reviews in United States

Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMay 19, 2016
Everyone here is very nice and personable. We all get along great, and there is always someone willing to help you out if you need it. The managers are appreciative of a hard-working employee, and will always recognize the people who put good effort into their jobs. The company is growing quickly, so there are a lot of opportunities to grow with them.
Pros
Company outings, some free lunches/treats, great work/life balance
Cons
headquarters is too small (but moving to a new building soon!)
Great work environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMarch 15, 2016
Awesome team - great pay, great work life balance and training. Best sales job i've ever had and would recommend to all. The team and management are amazing. Very successful company.
Not at all organized
systems administrator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 4, 2016
Working for Eliassen Group on a Government contract has been a nightmare. I am supposed to be paid each week and direct deposit won't start for three weeks so my first couple of paychecks were supposed to be mailed to me. So far, no check has made it to my mailbox. The company claims to have mailed the checks and they verified my address but nothing.
The staff involved with the new employee onboarding process did not seem to know what to do, for example, my security clearance was not migrated over which is usually done the day after the last day of employment from the old company. This held up my access at the new contract location.
In the future, I will avoid any contracts offered through Eliassen Group.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Great Company!
Organizational Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 3, 2015
Eliassen group offers a great culture & work environment. It is truly a breath of fresh air to be able to see & speak to upper management and leaders on a regular basis. This is a company that has built up a leadership committee that cares about its employees and keeping them happy. Everyone is very welcoming and helpful, the management team makes a strong effort to build interpersonal relationships with employees while also being very receptive to their opinions and concerns. They also do a great job of promoting career advancement opportunities and offers many training programs to help their employees succeed. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a company to build a career!
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Parking, Awesome work environment, Great leadership team
Cons
Parking lot- can be difficult to find spots; Building/office could use some updates
Productive and Fun Work Place
Government Contract Temp (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDSeptember 28, 2015
Great supportive staff, friendly and productive team to be apart of, I've learned so may aspects of HR and enjoy the day to day functions of my job!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long breaks
Professional, but knows how to keep it light in the workplace.
Resource Specialist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MaAugust 5, 2015
I have only been at the Eliassen Group for a few months now, but feel like I have known everyone for much longer than that. Every employee from upper management, to account execs/recruiters, to the back office are extremely welcoming and outgoing; it really made the transition an easy one and makes every day coming to work pleasant and fun. Days don't only go by quick because of the fast paced nature of the job but also because of the easy going vibe the office has. Everyone is approachable, helpful and willing to have a conversation with you, which makes for a warm, healthy work environment.
Pros
Frequently paid for lunches, out of office events, highly motivating CEO/President
Cons
As cliche as it sounds, I really cannot think of any.
Awesome Company!
Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 31, 2015
I just started here but it has been great so far. Everyone has been extremely helpful and I feel that the growth potential here is enormous. I'm excited for the future here and am confident in the management that we have.
Eliassen Group
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 26, 2015
The management of EG are very nice and personable. The hardest part about working for this organization is the benefits and compensation package.
Pros
Free Team Lunches
Cons
Healthcare
fun
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 2, 2015
typical day at work?checking in on my staff and assessing their progress on the projects. Hardest part of the job? labor job, such as breaking ballets full of computers. the most enjoyable part of the job? Manager understands members.
Great
Executive Assistant / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 9, 2015
Great staff. Great learning experience. Everyone wroked hard equally. I enjoyed learning a great amount. The hardest part of the job was lifiting boxes.
Amazing place to work
Executive Assistant / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Working for Eliassen (formerly Executive Education Institute) was a great experience. The management was amazing and very fair. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience.
Great work family in Bethesda Office
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  MarylandDecember 12, 2014
Review is based on Bethesda Office:

If you work hard and are internally motivated, you will do well. If you don't work hard and are a lazy person, move on.

Pro: Nobody is looking over your shoulder to make sure the job is done. Self accountability and transparency is highly valued and goes a long way.
Pro/Con: Not as micromanaged as it used to be, however documentation is heavily practiced and required at work, regardless if it is creating positive results. Documentation takes time away from getting your job done and speedying up results. Entire company shares database and this can get in the way of working with candidates in your own local office....there is external competition, with other agencies, but sometimes internal competition due to "candidate ownership", which can be a pain.

Pro: Internal managers ask and listen to your feedback and communicate it to higher management to the best of their abilities. "Open door" communication ie. if anybody had a problem, they could personally dial the CEO, VP or CO's number/email and get in contact. Does not necessarily mean immediate change will happen, but it's nice to work for a company where you can communicate without feeling scared and or threatened.

Pro: Internal coworkers are all great friends. Very tight knit work dynamic and this internal culture is very hard to find, given such a cut throat industry. Attend lunches/happy hours together and hang out on weekends. Male to female ratio is not equal (more males than females), so any girl applying internally should understand that the males become your work brothers and certainly
  more... treat you like brothers. Any male applying should be able to get along with the males in the office who like to joke around yet get the job done. If you are 100% serious and don't laugh at all during the day, then you shouldn't apply.

Pro: Support staff is impeccable. Pay roll & accounting/Sales support will go above and beyond to help you answer questions and get what you need done.

Con: They aren't as appreciated as they could be.

Bethesda office is new, clean, and open. Very people friendly and everyone works out of cubicles (not including director & back office). Free snacks & coffee.

Low base salary & uncapped commission.

Pro: If you work really hard, you get paid
Con: If you work really hard, you may not get paid
Con: If you don't do your job, you won't get paid and will get fired. (given)

Con: you don't get bonuses if you have great tenure. (a bit surprised about this considering there are some key members who have worked at company for a long time).

As always, you have to have the right personality for staffing. If you need monetary stability, I would be hesistant to apply as your commisssion depends on how many deals you put in. However, if you are a people person and great sales person, you can go very far and make a lot of money.

Person who accepts role must be an interpersonal communicator and able to speak to all levels of professional maturity, from sourcers to CEOS.

Bethesda office has a start up mentality right now. Going through some things but slowlybut surely getting better.
Eliassen Group
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 8, 2014
Eliassen has a great company culture, in an industry that often does not. Folks who are successful at Eliassen are extremely self-driven, and reap the benefits of their hard work. It is a culture where you will not have anyone stand over your shoulder to make sure you are doing the work, but success is an expectation. Competition is bred among individual contributors.

Eliassen has strong infrastructure in place to support a large scale recruiting operation. They have training in place for folks with all sorts of experience in the Staffing Industry-- veterans down to candidates with no experience.

Great company for anyone who is willing to put in the effort. Great rewards for those who do.
Great company to work for!
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 5, 2014
-Invests in their employees for the long-term
-Flexible work hours - great work/life balance
-Great senior and mid-level management - "The door is always open" policy always applies. You will never feel disconnected to management. Lines of communication are always open.
-Benefits package is one of the best I have seen
Pros
great work/life balance
Cons
fast-paced environment may not fit everyone
I am an hourly contractor, not an employee
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDOctober 10, 2014
I am a contractor-employee of Eliassen working for the DoD. I have limited interaction with Eliassen. My interactions have been a good experience though.
Pros
interactions with representatives are positive.
Cons
poor/low 401k match
Eliassen Group Life Sciences, consider another consulting firm.
Life Science consultant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 6, 2014
This company is a joke. They promise you the world. Take you to a few lunches to make you feel like you matter and once you sign its all downhill from here.

It is truly not a consulting firm but a staffing firm disguising themselves as a consulting firm.

The cons I have run into so far include:
-Sign contract extensions behind your back without your input/approval and then let you know via email that you have been extended.
-Lied about Overtime. I was told that the average consultant works approximately 50 hours/week, this was an outright lie.
-Don't like to give raises for valued employees. Requested a raise due to exemplary work and I was told that they don't give out raises.
-They take you linkedin contacts and recruit on your behalf with no compensation.
-Don't respond to emails or phone calls.

I have asked for additional hours since there is not OT and my staffing consultant gives me the run around everytime I call. I have been told for over two months that they are looking to find some additional work but at this point I know none is coming.

If you are thinking about working here I urge you to reconsider. There are other consulting firms out there with a much better name and track record.
Pros
flexible hours at the client company
Cons
sign extensions behind your back without your input, lied about overtime, provided the wrong benefits description, don't like to give raises for valued employees, take you linkedin contacts and recruit on your behalf with no compensation, don't respond to emails or phone calls
Pathological liars.
contractor (Former Employee) –  USAJune 29, 2014
Worst contract experience ever. DO NOT work for these awful people. All of the positive reviews must have been written by Eliassen.
Cons
don't even know where to start. every aspect of dealing with eliassen was one big con.
Horrible place to work!
Sr. Account Executive Contract Services (Former Employee) –  Wakfield, MAMarch 26, 2014
Eliassen was once a strong recruiting firm out of Wakefield, MA. Then they hired all of KFORCE's old management and the place fell apart. This month they lost their top producing AE, who brings in 5-6 million in GP$ a year!!! Can you say ROME is falling..

DO NOT WORK HERE... you will regret it.
Pros
salary is above average
Cons
company has poor leadership(kfroce) and the investors are clueless to this fact.
Great resources and knowledgeable management team
Project Manager at CMS (Current Employee) –  Catonville, MDMarch 13, 2014
• Manage and direct project team to ensure all program and state-level risks are managed, issues are communicated and project deliverables are maintained.
• Provide progress reports to state and regional Medicare stakeholders and CMS central office leadership on a weekly basis.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining an integrated project schedule that defines the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) phases: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing.

My co-workers are CMS Manager and Team Leads, contracting Project Managers and technical engineers.

The hardest part of the job is helping the customer define their goals and implementing them through formal guidance.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I had a productive day!
Pros
work from home mondays, thursdays and fridays
Cons
limited project resources
Sleezy to put it mildly
CONTRACT TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2014
These guys give the tech industry a bad name. Recruit for jobs they don't have a signed contract for and lie to contractors. Wasted my time and others by misleading information about jobs.
Pros
get some decent jobs
Cons
unethical and misleading