Molecular Technologist, CLS, for Next Generation Sequencing Based CLIA Test
Elim Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (www.ElimBio.com) is a leading and rapid growing biotech service company in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. We have a great working environment conveniently located in the center of the Bay Area, with a private, tranquil nature view next to the open space reserve. Elim offers unusual job security, never had lay offs, even during the worst of a few past economic down turns. When other companies are laying off or freezing salaries, Elim has continued its growth and regular pay raises. We have a great working culture that is honest, caring, and defies workplace politics. Elim offers complete training, encourages growth, and presents a great career path for the earnest and capable, without the ceilings and background limitations found at other places. Elim has the reputation of being the most reliable service provider, and the leader in quality and efficiency in areas it serves.
Next Generation Sequencing is a powerful new technology with a wide range of clinical applications. As an early adopter of the Next Generation Sequencing technologies, Elim has been a leading Next Generation Service provider in the San Francisco Bay Area. Elim has developed a test capable of sequencing 1000 cancer related genes in one single test. We believe that our next gen sequencing technologies will have great impact for cancer treatment in the coming years.
Elim is seeking a highly-motivated and collaborative Molecular Technologist for Next Generation Sequencing based CLIA tests. Essential Duty and Responsibility include follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, performing nucleic acid extraction, library preparation, operating next generation sequencers, test data analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results. Additional Duty includes:
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, perform instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance.
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and must either correct the problems or immediately notify the general supervisor, technical supervisor, clinical consultant, or director.
- Help to maintain a safe working environment by strict adherence to company safety policies and procedures. Is alert to the existence of safety hazards and reports any unsafe conditions to the department manager.
- Assure that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Assist in monitoring test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
- Assist in providing consultation to resolve technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established either by the laboratory director or technical supervisor. Provide day-to-day supervision of testing personnel.
- Ensure that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning.
- Review and approve test data before results are given to the pathologist for reporting. Train new personnel with regard to technical and operational procedures. May assist with evaluating and documenting the performance of all testing personnel.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in chemical, physical, or biological sciences or a related field; or equivalent, and a California State license as a California Clinical Laboratory Scientist, or California Molecular Specialist and a minimum of 1 years of experience in a Clinical Laboratory, preferably in high complexity testing in molecular pathology.
The ideal candidate will be a highly reliable, dedicated, and self-motivated person, who earns the respect from colleagues through the demonstration of results, caring, and integrity. The candidate should have a solid molecular background with an excellent past history of demonstrated productivity and success.