Eliot Community Human Services Employee Reviews in United States

Good experience
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 22, 2015
This company is a great starter with some need to empower those around the management staff to create a workable culture conducive to the greater outcome.
Fast Pace
Transitional Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saugus, MANovember 12, 2015
This job consist of working with teenagers in a residential setting. The day consist of running a therapeutic group, making sure the kids have physical fitness instructed in their day and teaching youth what and how to perform their daily living routine.
Good Place to Work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAOctober 20, 2015
ECHS has a strong sense of team, making all employees feel valued. They also prefer to promote from within, making career advancement more easily attainable.
Eliot
Family Stabilization Worker (Former Employee) –  Waltham/ Dedham/ArlingtonSeptember 29, 2015
Working at Eliot was the best thing of my life. It helped me grow and learned a lot of stuff. I worked from being a group care worker to admin to assistant director and family stabilization worker. I loved what I did. It helped me realized what I wanted to major in school. Working with young children and teenagers it teaches you a lot and getting to know some of their struggle as young as they are and understanding the help that they need. There is a lot of room for advancement working at Eliot.
focus, and does right by every individual
Acquired Brain Injured Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MASeptember 4, 2015
Good company to work for. They train their staffs very well, which helps when it comes to encounter different individuals with different behaviors.
Terrible
Gcw (Former Employee) –  PlymouthAugust 24, 2015
Place was terrible with the higher ups. They played favorites and the onlllllt good part was the co workers it's a shame they don't do something about training directors and the admin on how to treat co workers who are doing 16 hour days. And to top it off I'm out of of a job and I applied to another location and the director at this location called and told them not to hire me when I have a family to feed when all I did was not take her b.s. and she couldn't handle it. Oh well I will be praying for her and all those poor kids who have to suffer because of staff shortage and working environments.
Pros
Nonw
Cons
EVERYTHINGG
Maintain behavior of the Resident
Group Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 29, 2015
Need good attitude talk to the resident, maintain order in the program, hung out with resident the whole shift, work with behavior and language, follow the program rules, be in time for wake up and bedtime, basic work.
Pros
it like another day at home with chores and work in house.
Cons
work with bad behavior of kids and restrain if with have too.
People are great
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJune 28, 2015
I loved my job, but was a full time and an a person also part time person position. i was doing all of it was working working over 40 hrs a week and not compensated and low pay grade.

But i loved ehat I did and the employees were awesome, including my supervisor and director.
Pros
people are great.everyone hard workers
Cons
low pay
Eliot provided excellent training opportunities, staff supervision and a culture routed in the pursuit of excellence.
Homeless Outreach Clinician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJune 16, 2015
A typical workday included preparation of breakfast/lunch items, a staff review of clients who may be in a state of crisis, individual counseling sessions, distribution of clothing, hygiene and other items clients may need, preparation for street-outreach, input of information into the State/Federal computer data collection system.

Among the many things I learned during my time at Eliot, the most significant was that given sufficient patient efforts aimed at inspiring, motivating, helping clients develop a suitable plan for building support systems, many clients achieve small successes they can build upon.

The most difficult part of the job was building relationships with outside providers who are not motivated to fulfilling client needs.

The most enjoyable moments included watching clients overcome obstacles through perseverance and hard work to end their homeless and substance abuse condition, and or reach mental health stabilization.
After 2 interviews, no response
MSW (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAMay 29, 2015
This company had me come to them twice for an interview and they know that I lived 6 hours away (in grad school). Then they never responded back to me after the SECOND interview. For a "human services" company, they need to relearn ethics.

Want to know more about Eliot Community Human Services?

Ask a question
Good workplace
Substance Abuse Specialist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAApril 9, 2015
Good job but difficult to advance. No major flaws observed. Worked there for 3 years with no advancement. Overall seemed like a good company.
Productive team service
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAApril 8, 2015
I loved working with other TBI and ABI survivors on a daily basis. Worked well with other staff to obtain daily goals. Management provided a comfortable place to work and could have been more proficient in scheduling
fast pace and can be mentally challenged at times .
CRS worker (MAP), Triage officer/Family Partner (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Hardest part of the job was not being able to fix everyone problems. leaving my job knowing that a person , or child was at risk of committing suicide
too much racism within the ranks
mentor (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 14, 2015
Not necessarily the "Eliot Cummunity Human Services" but similarly thousands of the same type of "health Care" business mushrooming in urban metropolitan cities, looking to exploit communities teeming with suffering and stereotyped minorities, ...not to mention take advantage of the resources a person brings into the workplace (cars, computers, pocket money to buy much needed resources to do well by a particular client), these workplaces are an infestation to the quality of health care people are entitled to when compare to the taxes the average taxpayers contributes to the health care system.

Most of the so called "supervisors" and higher-ups in the echelons of these "health care" places use a CULTURAL DEFICIT MODEL to "inform" their knowledge of health care and how it relates to the working class, especially to those "different-from" otherness in communities unlucky enough to have this "health care models" in their mist.

I've personally known of similar workplaces where the higher-ups in positions of "power" in these health care businesses pretend they serve minority communities in their own language, using their own cultural costumes, but prohibit bilingual workers from speaking the very language these health care frauds claim to accommodate. Same fraudulent "health care" businesses place misguided white folks (usually white women) to do the hiring; the unfortunate end-result in the hiring process filters lots of caucasians who are hardly able to utter two cohisive sentences in a row --sometimes even in their native language!....fresh out-of-college, young caucasian women
  more... badly informed about the communities in which they use said mentioned cultural deficit model, ....armed with a superiority complex as it regards their own caucasian cultures, ...intentionally and maliciously disparaging of people of color they forever feel intuitively afraid of).  less
It was awesome working with other staff
Group Care Worker 1 (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAFebruary 12, 2015
For all the responsibility that the job required, the pay was too low and for the risks that the employees were exposed to with the youths.
Terrible Company to work for
Group Care Worker I, Direct (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MADecember 29, 2014
Terrible management and even worse pay. Co workers were the only good part about the job. It was difficult to take time off because of short staffing issues.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no breaks, unsafe enviroment
Work place
Transitional Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MASeptember 27, 2014
I have learned so much from this company, I am grateful all the opportunities I have had.
Dorchester/ Roslindale EHS Programs
Manager (Former Employee) –  Judge John Connelly BuildingSeptember 9, 2014
The company has a lot of people that mean well and want to make a difference ,but there's a lot of B.S. that follows with trying to do the right thing. DYS(Dept. of youth services) contracts them out under a unfair watchful eye that creates a lot of tension on a daily basis. DYS is a joke and only looks out for themselves and you have to play the game of what they want in place. There's a lot of favorites within the Dept. which is also a joke. Professionally I would not work for this company as a floor staff, many physical assaults and a lot of B.S. paperwork to follow. If you want to make a difference in a youths life , apply else where
Pros
the food at the facility that i was at was excellent
Cons
minmumal staff support from the higher up's, big turn over, too much overtime due to people not wanting to work at this facility(jcjc)
Workplace
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAJuly 1, 2014
Typical day consists o assisting clients with ADLS, working with clients on there IAPs, taking clients to Dr appointments, administering medications and monitering
Pros
working with clients
Cons
job duties need to more clients focused
Good Place to work.
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJune 4, 2014
This was a document intensive job which required a lot of writing and driving to clients' residences, however it was a fun job as staff encountered different clients during the day some of whom were quite humorous.

Eliot Community Human Services Reviews by Location