Eliot Community Human Services

Eliot Community Human Services Employer Reviews

too much racism within the ranks
mentor (Former Employee), MassachusettsFebruary 14, 2015
Not necessarily the "Eliot Cummunity Human Services" but similarly thousands of the same type of "health Care" business mushrooming in urban metropolitan cities, looking to exploit communities teeming with suffering and stereotyped minorities, ...not to mention take advantage of the resources a person brings into the workplace (cars, computers, pocket money to buy much needed resources to do well by a particular client), these workplaces are an infestation to the quality of health care people are entitled to when compare to the taxes the average taxpayers contributes to the health care system.

Most of the so called "supervisors" and higher-ups in the echelons of these "health care" places use a CULTURAL DEFICIT MODEL to "inform" their knowledge of health care and how it relates to the working class, especially to those "different-from" otherness in communities unlucky enough to have this "health care models" in their mist.

I've personally known of similar workplaces where the higher-ups in positions of "power" in these health care businesses pretend they serve minority communities in their own language, using their own cultural costumes, but prohibit bilingual workers from speaking the very language these health care frauds claim to accommodate. Same fraudulent "health care" businesses place misguided white folks (usually white women) to do the hiring; the unfortunate end-result in the hiring process filters lots of caucasians who are hardly able to utter two cohisive sentences in a row --sometimes even in their native language!....fresh out-of-college, young caucasian women badly informed about the communities in which they use said mentioned cultural deficit model, ....armed with a superiority complex as it regards their own caucasian cultures, ...intentionally and maliciously disparaging of people of color they forever feel intuitively afraid of).
It was awesome working with other staff
Group Care Worker 1 (Current Employee), Dedham, MAFebruary 12, 2015
For all the responsibility that the job required, the pay was too low and for the risks that the employees were exposed to with the youths.
Terrible Company to work for
Group Care Worker I, Direct (Former Employee), Brockton, MADecember 29, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: no breaks, unsafe enviroment
Terrible management and even worse pay. Co workers were the only good part about the job. It was difficult to take time off because of short staffing issues.
Work place
Transitional Coordinator (Current Employee), Lexington, MASeptember 27, 2014
I have learned so much from this company, I am grateful all the opportunities I have had.
Dorchester/ Roslindale EHS Programs
Manager (Former Employee), Judge John Connelly BuildingSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: the food at the facility that i was at was excellent
Cons: minmumal staff support from the higher up's, big turn over, too much overtime due to people not wanting to work at this facility(jcjc)
The company has a lot of people that mean well and want to make a difference ,but there's a lot of B.S. that follows with trying to do the right thing. DYS(Dept. of youth services) contracts them out under a unfair watchful eye that creates a lot of tension on a daily basis. DYS is a joke and only looks out for themselves and you have to play the game of what they want in place. There's a lot of favorites within the Dept. which is also a joke. Professionally I would not work for this company as a floor staff, many physical assaults and a lot of B.S. paperwork to follow. If you want to make a difference in a youths life , apply else where
Workplace
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee), Lexington, MAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: working with clients
Cons: job duties need to more clients focused
Typical day consists o assisting clients with ADLS, working with clients on there IAPs, taking clients to Dr appointments, administering medications and monitering
Good Place to work.
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee), Lexington, MAJune 4, 2014
This was a document intensive job which required a lot of writing and driving to clients' residences, however it was a fun job as staff encountered different clients during the day some of whom were quite humorous.
Truly focused on providing caring services to consumers
Team Leader (Former Employee), Lexington, MAApril 3, 2014
Excellent agency providing high quality of services with a caring and knowledgeable staff.
I enjoy the job just looking for something more
Group Care Worker I (Current Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 27, 2014
I enjoy my job, the children I interact with and most of my peers. Sometimes I feel that I do not get the support I need from my supervisor and those above me.
Residential program
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee), maJanuary 29, 2014
Eight hours days. Learned how to hire and supervise staff. Provide scheduling and intakes.
Well rounded experience
Fee For Service Clinician (Former Employee), Everett MAJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: make my own hours
Cons: two and a half hour one way commute
Extremely busy practice working with co occuring diagnosis and substance abuse.
not a very good job culture with co-workers
Fee for Service Clinician (Former Employee), Lynn, MADecember 6, 2013
I was doing individual counseling, and working independently.
Cover letter
Case Manager/Program supervisor (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 4, 2013
I currently work as a full-time case worker/ program supervisor in Cambridge MA serving the homeless population. Many of our clients are Spanish speaking individuals and most of them have substance abuse issues. I work closely with them, due to the language barrier, to provide them with the best care needed to get them back into the work field and live independent lives. There are those that are in need of other care, such as to assist with temporary housing search; health insurance, detox and post detox programs, clothing vouchers, job search and many more. Many of our clients stay at local shelters therefore needing additional help with referrals to evening meal programs or to other shelters.

In addition to being a case manager, I am also a program supervisor and oversee the entire operation of the program. My responsibilities include providing breakfast and lunch to our clients; manage the kitchen area to ensure the preparation of meals meet company standards; the oversight of all food being donated to the program from local food banks, as well as clothing donations. I enjoy the work that I do every day knowing that I am contributing to ending homelessness in the Cambridge area. I work hard and can be counted on to “get the job done.”

My previous employment was working for Maximus, a company contracted by the State of Massachusetts for Mass Health medical insurance. During my years there, I worked with member services in the managed care department, where I ensure that all members are enrolled in an MCO, MBHP or senior health plan with Medicare. This would accommodate the – more... needs of members, specialists and primary care physicians. I was promoted to becoming a supervisor soon after, where I was able to supervise a team of new customer care representatives to ensure that they followed company guidelines and HIPAA procedures. Prior to my departure, I was promoted to becoming a research specialist. My job description was to perform call back escalations for members and provider billing, who have experienced some sort of dissatisfaction due to managed care enrollment, billing, and complaints with coverage type. – less
adversity-friendly
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee), Lynn, MANovember 22, 2013
Pros: free lunch in team meeting
Cons: getting bombarded when short of staff
Assisted individuals and collateral contacts on a daily basis.
Seek assistance with management team in a crisis situation if needed.
Friendly atmosphere, friendly and helpful co-workers.
Dealing with escalated individuals is the hardest part of the job.
Team spirit is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Non Profit company with great dreams
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee), Saugus, MAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: only in ma, couldn't transfer
I do love interacting with people.. But helping people in such need and being a big part of making the quality of life better for people was extremely gratifying.
very productives, challenging but also ver
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee), Lexington, MAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: working with diverse patiens as well as co-workers
Cons: when others think that some one with mental illness can't do anything for themselves.
I work with individuals with mental illness. I've been working with this population for more then nine years. I would love to be a psychiatric nurse. I want to get a degree and psychology. I learned to be very honest and calmer working with patients that are usually anxious in a day to day basis. I'm able to manage medications, finaces, medical appointments as well as basic needs. My co-workers range from regular visiting nurses to physicians. It's important to communicate to all of tehm about the person i serve. The hardest part of the job is when other people from the outside judge the individuals that i serve of theri behavior or apperances. It upsets me very much. I love the fact that i get to serve diferent type of patients every day. I also get to be a great listener to these people and love to see them porgress towards their goals.
Positive
Group Care Worker (Former Employee), Lexington, MAOctober 1, 2013
Greatly appreciated ability to liaison and approach district court ruling understand larger cause and effect of social systems.

Greatly appreciated opportunity to correspond legally with clients families and implement their approach to treatment.
Challenging and rewarding environment
Case Manager (Former Employee), Lowell, MAAugust 24, 2013
Pros: having daily schedule
Cons: not being able to feel like you have done enough at the end of the day
It was fast paced and I learned how to be a professional and enjoyed being around my coworkers on a daily basis. The hardest part was not taking my work home and feeling satisfied helping people everyday. But hearing the thank you from someone you helped made my day.
!!!DO NOT WORK FOR ELIOT DETENTION!!!
Juvenile detention (Former Employee), DorchesterJuly 18, 2013
Pros: lots of o.t because no one wants to work there...
Cons: assaults, charges, running short shifts, no breaks, no staff unity, administration
Eliot Detention is a terrible place to work. This program has many issue and makes lots of promises that are never made. The administration is never the same. The reward to risk comparison is terrible, no staff appreciation. You could walk in one day and leave with a 51a or 51b( child abuse/child neglect) and a few serious injuries. all this for a little more than $11/hr no thanks. Be smart and stay far away or work the overnight shift when the residents are sleeping.
(Lots of lies here) Don't let the job description fool you
No Comment
Crisis Clinician (Current Employee), Lynn, MAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: it pays the bills...sort of.
I can only speak for the Crisis Department of ECHS. I have seen several employees pushed out. These are staff that have had issues that are out of their control, medical, day care etc. I have seen people denied sick time who are contagious. Respect for our personal lives/time is not respected. Horribly understaffed for obvious reasons, so those that are left are expected to work over or feel the guilt trip. Very little support in this agency and formal supervision is rarely provided.