Elite Marketing Interactions Employee Reviews

relaxed easy job for high schoolers
Trusted Advisor (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILJune 11, 2017
selling products is key to excelling here. customers are nice but i had a lot of creepy ones. management was okay. it was easy to request time off but i don't think they paid well for traveling expenses.
Fun, And Exciting
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHFebruary 15, 2016
Typical day was Friday-Sunday, so weekend only job I was hired quickly and given promotion to their FRESH program immediately. I usually ended up promoting products so well the store sold out of them. I learned a lot about different types of food and how to prepare it, I had no prior experience and it was my first job. Management was really great at first and continued to spiral, big bosses began to think they controlled every aspect of your life such as less than 3 minutes to use the bathroom. I would recommend jobs like this to start out though, it is fun and entertaining, you meet a lot of people and even when it is slow there are the store workers who come to check out your product for the day.
Interesting, Exciting Job
Trusted Adviser Lead (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIJanuary 24, 2016
With lots of customers coming through to watch your demonstration (and eat some tasty food), it was always good to have a friendly attitude. My management wasn't the greatest and changed hands several times throughout my career, but my coworkers (though they came and went) were always friendly, personable people. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn about new products.
productive
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 18, 2015
Lockport and Joliet Illinois. I recently broke my ankle and when I came to Wal-Mart for the first time I was with my husband. He stopped right in front of the door. I could not put any weight on it. Then he got the Motorized cart for me.
Fun Workplace with A Lot of Responsibilities
Trusted Adviser Lead (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIOctober 1, 2015
Upon arrival at work, we immediately set up our workstations--portable metal carts that we would be standing at for the rest of the day. We prepared our stations with all of the day's necessities, then set it up out on the sales floor to go get the product we were promoting.

I gained confidence, learned how to handle coworkers, and being kind towards customers who were rowdy or downright rude.

My coworkers were always changing--not a lot of people could stuck with the job, there was a very high turnover rate. For the most part they were easy to get along with.

Management on the other hand...it switched hands three times during the year I worked with Elite, causing a lot of upheaval. At one point we were getting our work schedules the day before we were meant to work, which was a difficulty for people who didn't have rides or who had other responsibilities.

The hardest part of the job was selling items you either didn't like or were morally against--you had to do it anyways, of course.

The most enjoyable part of the job was trying so many new products.
Pros
short days, fun coworkers, new products
Cons
management, turnover, extra work
Uncaring, Unprofessional
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 13, 2015
Several corporate shake-ups through-out my time here. It was terrible working with some of my co-workers, as many of them texted the whole day, and management would do nothing about it. I would beg management to change policies that weren't working, or give us the equipment that we needed, but to no avail.
Pros
Good pay, customer interaction
Cons
no advancement opportunity, poor management, boring
fun work place
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 23, 2015
throughout the work day it was fun meeting new people. i got to learn a few cooking techniques. the management was nice the pay was not so nice. my co workers were very friendly and welcoming. the hardest part of my job was getting everything around to begin. the most enjoyable was meeting new people and getting the chance to communicate better.
Pros
half hr lunches
Cons
bad pay
Good job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 4, 2015
hand out samples or coupons. upper management didn't speak with lower people, not allowed to speak at meetings. if you disagreed with what was being said or done you were taken off schedule and not put back on.
Pros
easy job of standing
Cons
could be very boring
Not a good long term job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland MIMay 11, 2015
This job has multiple issues and I would not recommend it for any long term employment. This job will not provide you with much work hours, and will often have varied hours, often without a guarantee that you will even work a certain week. At work you are expected to learn about a product and how to pitch it. On average you probably have about fifteen minutes to get it down, then you have to get on the floor and start demoing products. Often times you would not have the supplies you needed to do your jobs, and sometimes even the product you were supposed to demo would not be there. When I worked there everyone had a sales kit that contained on the supplies they would use for their demonstrations; I was there for several months before I got my own. If you can not stand for 3 to 4 hours straight you will not like this job. It should be stressed that you will be standing in place for hours with very minimal movement. You will work by yourself most of the time, but on occasion you would get to actually work with one of your coworkers.
good work/personal balance
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 29, 2015
to bad we lost the account with Meijer. This part of marketing is easy and fun. you have to be a self starter for this kind of job.
Productive and entertaining workplace with good management.
Product Demonstrater (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MIMarch 23, 2015
The workday usually starts at 11:00 am on a Saturday or Sunday. All employees sign in on the company tablet and review what product we are demonstrating that day. We are given a sheet of paper with specific instructions on what to do from materials to key talking points. We then choose a cart and set it up with trays, bowls, and other utensils we may need while discussing our week with coworkers. I am close with all of my coworkers because one of them is my brother's girlfriend and another is one of my best friends from school. My manager is very friendly and entertaining. She usually has an interesting story she tells us before we go on the floor. I really enjoy having conversations with customers while demonstrating the product to them. It is difficult to stand up all day, especially on slow days when there are very few people to converse with. I learned that even if you are having a bad day, you will eventually be happy if you smile through it.
Pros
Happy and friendly environment, simple, fun people
Cons
Standing all day on hard floors, boredom
The company isn't put together
Trusted Advisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaFebruary 10, 2015
Hours were unsteady, company was loosely put together, didn't do well under pressure of new Meijer opening, allowed employees to steal and management changed every week.
Work there as a last resort
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 20, 2015
management is terrible and they always find ways to disadvantage the workers. They make you do a bunch of work that they should be paying more for and they write you up for the smallest things, I have never been written up. Im always on time, and always a hard worker.
Pros
you learn about new products, and you learn how to cook healthy
Cons
they don't care about the needs of the worker, they hassle you about taking one day off with family.
Potentially good benefits but poor reliablility
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 13, 2014
In my work, I prepared samples of store products for customers of Meijers to try as well as inform them of the products themselves.

Work hours were between Fridays and Sundays but you were never given notice of the days or hours you would be working nor the product(s) you would be sampling until the Monday or Tuesday of the said weekend.

Due to this, I found the job to be very unreliable as since I could not ever be sure of when I would be working or how many hours I would receive if any at all, I could not plan an expected pay.
Pros
Social opportunities with customers
Cons
Poor scheduling hours
Elite Marketing
Area Manager of Grand Rapids Market (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 21, 2014
Job Responsibilities:
• Maintain 98% and higher sales goals
• Manage staff of 100+
• Manage 9+ locations
• Manage multiple day offsite events weekly/monthly
• Recruiting, hiring, new hire orientations, on site continued training
• Counsel, coach, mentor, and discipline staff as appropriate by following established human resources standards, policies, and procedures.
• Ensure compliance in all areas of operational activity and drive sales and profitability through the performance and development of Lead Sales Advisors assigned to one designated location.
• Develop and maintain partnerships with local retailers
• Work with General Merchandising and Marketing teams to support Community Events/Offsite Events
• Aid in the training of Full Time employees hired
• Assist in Payroll
• Schedule all part time staff for daily operations
• Manage full time staff: Weekly reports, Staffing/Recruiting numbers, Community Events/Offsite Events, Weekly Conference Calls
• Ensure the visual presentation of all locations represents the brand image
• Create a positive environment with the result in stable retention and a reduce in turnover
• To identify under performing staff and develop a business plan to address and manage issues effectively
Pros
Flexible with time off
Cons
We worked 7 days a week
Job
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Northville, MIJuly 19, 2014
Really awful company to work for. They treat you awful. if ever get sick and call off even ahead of time, they won't schedule you for the next weekends for no reason. They make you do the job of two to three people and never ever give a rise.
Ok
Demo promoter (Former Employee) –  Angola, INApril 29, 2014
It was always an oncall jbb and hours where never kept... It was just oing demos
fun work place
Lead Trusted Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 15, 2014
Worked in many different meijer stores, also got chances to work at meijer cooperate and meijer distribution center.
Simple weekend Job
Trusted Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot, MINovember 3, 2013
Cooking and serving food and samples to guests at Meijer. Cleaning cooking utensils, operating ovens, skillets and croc pots, advertising and selling product to customers with details and sales prices. Working weekends, thursday through sunday.
Pros
Tasting new food/drink
Cons
all weekends
Lots of variety
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 3, 2013
There's lots of rules that have to be followed. That's the hardest part. You work as part of a team but you're basically on your own as far as your demo. You can promote and sell your product how you want. I like the variety of products we get. Always something different and frequently we get the new products on the market.