Elite Medical Staffing Employee Reviews

Happy RN
Travel Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Perry, OKAugust 16, 2017
The recruiters at my local office Perry, OK are awesome. They work hard at ensuring that I have the hours I need for the week. And the pay is fair and higher than other agencies.
Pros
Nice and friendly recruiters, good pay
Cons
Health insurance is pretty expensive for family coverage, For myself and children(only medical) would have cost me $750 per month, I choose not to have medical coverage.
They could care less about employees
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 7, 2017
Sent me to understaffed facilities over and over and only cared about the money they make for you filling temporary position.

Would only recommend them to an enemy
Pros
Offers insurance right within first few months
Cons
Won't stand behind employee, Contracting companies can do or say anything they want about you and Elite will just laugh about it, They just want the $'s for your time and that's all that matters.
It can be a fun place to work depending on the clinic you work at.
Respiratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMay 2, 2017
The one I work for in North MS is nothing to really be happy about. They offer absolutely no benefits, suspect hours and one of the owners; well let's just say there's nothing to say good about him but the people at the clinic i work at are great to work with. Hope this was helpful!
Cons
No benefits what so ever
Wonderful representatives
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2017
I used this company when I began travelling for my nursing career. I needed a change and they picked me up and carried me through the process of obtaining the licensure and major immunization process, they helped educate me on the locations of all places and the different EMR's used. Extremely helpful, friendly, and reliable reps. Loved working with them.
Working for Elite Medical Staffing
Registered Respiratory Therapist BS, NPS (Current Employee) –  TravelingJanuary 23, 2017
It has been a pleasure to work for Elite Medical Staffing. Traveling for work in health care is one of the most fulfilling tasks I have ever endured. I have been a RT for over 12 1/2 years. I have learned so much from each hospital I work for. Elite Medical staffing is always there to help me find a good fit, has always answered any questions I have asked in a very timely manner.
Pros
Learning the different ways of each hosptial
Cons
the employees deserve PTO
Cna- dfw
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 12, 2017
The hospitals that you go to are wonderful, but the management is horrible. they pick and choose when to answer the phone. they don't return calls and I feel like it is very unprofessional.
Pros
flexability
Cons
no stability
Great People to work with
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 25, 2016
Elite Medical Staffing is located through out the United States and the employees are great to work with and very friendly.
Payroll specialist
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Job SecurityMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work for me, is coming in reviewing my emails for new hires, garnishments or missed payroll corrections. By 12 noon I start getting the emails for my daily pays and prepare to process those. I speak with many division managers via email, IM or phone, my day ending with preparing for the next day.
Pros
Love my Boss
Challenging and pleasant place to work
Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Perry, OKOctober 27, 2015
The challenge was I worked a different area of the hospital every time I worked and each area was a little different. Most employees were nice and helpful making working there pleasant. I most impressed by the rapid call nurses who were most helpful in time of emergencies.
Pros
Treated like I belong there
Cons
Driving from OKC to Tulsa
Lpn
LPN (Former Employee) –  Perry, OKSeptember 23, 2015
It was a good company to work for. Only bad thing was they needed more places to work at. Example hospitals exp. for LPNs not just in Tulsa or Oklahoma City
Horrible management at the Perry office
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perry, OKAugust 12, 2015
it's all great, the $15/Hour+ pay and 40+ Hours if wanted, and the "Free Healthcare if you work 32+ Hours" sounds awesome, but after your 90 days, and eligible for the healthcare, your hours are cut to 16-24 Hours a week, so little pay, no benefits, and the last minute calls to go to work are not worth it.
nice place to work
Cna (Current Employee) –  Perry, OKJune 11, 2015
a typical work day constits on watching and sitting with patients. blood pressures fingersticks. You learn how to manage your time and the co workers work together the hardest part was the diffrent attitudes and the. the most enjoyable was being with the patients
Great company weekly pay
LVN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TxApril 27, 2015
I love that I can work when I want if there's hours available. Getting a pay check every week is a plus as well. The staff at the Elite office are awesome. Would definitely recommend this company to other nurses.
Pros
Flexibility, weekly pay, great job assignments.
Cons
Low census
Diverse work environments
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 26, 2015
Working for a nursing agency is rewarding. I enjoy working in different facilities and different fields of nursing. It has improved my nursing skills.
Productive and fun
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Perry, OKMarch 18, 2015
Love my Job Love the people and would recomend them.
nothing more to say. Glad to b apart of the team and enjoy the friendly atmosphere .
Agency, travel, per diem company
RN (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FloridaSeptember 12, 2014
local company works with the local hospitals.

Per diem staffing with some contracts and travel but does not pay travel time or room and board

Management is great and works very hard to keep you working but is unrealistic to nursing special. (will try and place a ICU nurse in PEDS ICU or an ER nurse in Neuro ICU) Also unrealistic to travel distance. Will ask you to drive 2 hours for a per diem job.a

You sent your own schedule but there is always the risk of being canceled Management does work hard to keep you working

No vacation time or benefits unless you pay for them but that is pretty standard for per diem nursing but this includes travel nursing and that is not standard
Pros
you set your own schedule
Cons
no benefits
Wonderful, friendly, helpful staff!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLMarch 11, 2014
Elite Medical is a wonderful place to work for agency nurses. The staff are always polite, friendly, and are always helping you get the hours you want on the particular days you want!
always keeping jobs available
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 14, 2014
I work in various hospitals as an agency nurse. Meeting different people and learning various hospital policies has been a rewarding challenge.
Pros
meeting people and learning different nursing skills
Cons
leaving new friends
over all good
RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaSeptember 19, 2013
Overall given a lot of experience in various settings. Learned management skills, working with little or no supervision. Working with a variety of employees and patients. Hardest part of the job keeping supervisors satisfied. Most enjoyable working with the patients.
Pros
little supervision
Cons
Need to know or learn a lot in a short period of time.
You can call every day if you want and say I want to work
RN (Current Employee) –  FLJune 26, 2012
I have been with this company since 2009, I give them a schedule every month that I would like to work, on those nights (my preference) they call me at 5PM to confirm me and tell me what unit at what hospital I will be working. I love it. I get paid every week. If I ever need to talk to anyone for ANY reason there is someone 24-7 answering the phone. If something comes up that I can't work I just give them a call, there is never any nasty feelings just an OK and we'll talk to you tomorrow. If I want to pick up more shifts I am always welcome. The only time that it's not great is when the snowbirds go home and the census goes down, but that happens everywhere.
Pros
schedule
Cons
low census

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elite Medical Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.