ELITE SHOW SERVICES

ELITE SHOW SERVICES Employer Reviews

nice place
Security Officer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 20, 2014
not good pay at all treat u like any other employee good for temporary work
Dymanic Work Environment
Event Staff/Security Guard (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: flexable schedule
Cons: on call
Good part time job. Flexible Schedule. Knowledgeable Management. Opportunity to work at sporting events, clubs, hotels, concerts and festivals.
love this company
Security officer (Former Employee), san diego, caJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: an amazing team
Cons: no benefits
love working for this company you could pick up your own shifts and the managers were an so were the staff
Very professional with fun work environment
Event Staff (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 19, 2013
Pros: shuttle bus/trolly equals practicaly free parking.
Cons: standing for hours at a time.
A typical day would be a lot of preparing yourself for hundreds of excited fans with children and alcohol. I learned that no matter how long you've have worked in that field every day is different. There are really not any hard parts in this job, but the most enjoyable part of this job would have to be the fans. They are always so alive and full of – more... joy it makes the day go by so fast that u never really notice the game. – less
Elite
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 9, 2013
Pros: exciting work environments
Cons: disorganized managing
Can work when you are available, you make your own schedule.
Work isn't consistent though, a lot of commuting to and from events in San Diego.
Nice to have the variety of choices.
Qualcomm and Petco park are subsidiaries of the company and require additional training but pays significantly more.
More often than not, due to multiple shift leaders at – more... different times, management was disorganized. – less
Experience
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 21, 2013
Getting a different job each time I work is a great opportunity to get experience at different jobs
not bad for the money you earn
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2013
it was a good place to work if you need the money wich i did but its not easy work
a great experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: the different events
Cons: nothing to really complain about.
Depending on what event you are working at would determine what your typical day of work would be. For me when I first started there I worked the VIP lot. I got to meet the baseball players and their families. I would relieve the other guards so they could take their break. Then I worked the overnight midnight to 8am shift. I patrolled the main gate – more... at qualcom stadium. My supervisors were pretty nice, never had a problem with them. My co-workers I didn't like a couple of them they were mean, and my other co-workers were nice and we got along. The hardest part of working the overnight shift was trying to stay awake. That was only when there was no events going on. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet the Padre players and Bill Goldberg. What I learned at this job was being able to handle positive and negative situations as they came up. – less
FUN
Security (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COJune 26, 2013
Pros: fun and exciting job
Cons: short breaks, health care
Security can be fun and exciting, however it can also be boring. I mostly enjoyed working at Petco Baseball park it was a lot of fun and co-workers where great to work with. I miss it!
Fun place to work meet lots of interesting people.
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 11, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: sometimes they do not have enough people to cover an event.
You get to see show if you get assigned to them that you could not afford to go to. Lots of fun and you get to observe some of the crazies situation.
Tough but rewarding
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 24, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: diffusing tense situations
A typical day at work involves maintaining a safe environment. In this line of work, you work with many different people but you never form long lasting friendships. Every day you get a new partner. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Different
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 22, 2013
• Secured buildings and grounds, including SDSU, St. Spyridon Greek Festival and various street fairs
• Monitored suspicious activities, preventing crimes such as vandalism, shoplifting and public intoxication
• Patrolled premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates
• Monitored and authorize entrance – more... and departure of employees, guests and vendors, checking credentials
• Wrote reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as damage, theft or unusual occurrences
• Used diplomacy and tact to redirect patrons and guests in order to maintain a safe and secure venue – less
Working at the ballpark
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 10, 2013
Pros: could take any time off we wanted with 2 weeks notice unless emergency
Cons: heath insurance was way to expensive for everyone on the pay we received.
I learned a lot over the years How to work camera monitors, run keys fly flags, customer service, check bags and receiving. How to end disputes, run shifts, set schedules, use the phones, radios and computers. I had the greatest experience with my co workers who for the most part all got along. We functioned great as a team. We worked with 4 other company's – more... at the ballpark at all times and a lot of visiting company's throughout the years who worked temp. in the ballpark. It was a great experience with a lot of great people. Getting to talk to people from all over the world is what I liked best. – less
A productive and flexible team
Event Staff (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 22, 2012
A typical workday consist of helping guests find their way around sunlife stadium and assisting with any problems that occur.
Productive and fun workplace
Security (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 19, 2012
Pros: free concerts and nfl games
Cons: on your feet for duration of event
Opportunity to meet celebrities in a professional capacity and to interact with the diverse public population, working with other professionals to make the venue a safe and enjoyable experience for the consumer.
Very productive
Security Guard. (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 16, 2012
Pros: free water in a hot day
Cons: part time job, there are no benefits or medical
Working with Elite is a lot of fun and like a continuous education. Management is outstanding and understand what team work is all about. The hardest part of the job ,is standing on a concrete for long hours with shoes that does not have good soles.

The most enjoying part of the job is reuniting again with old friends who are like family. Elite employees – more... from all culture, race, age, gender, and background gets along with one another.Elite is a great company to work with. – less
Security
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: unorganized.
Call in for hours but hours our minimal. Not well organized. Must have a guard card.
Fun work place
Security (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2012
Pros: working at different events.
Cons: really short breaks and many long days
Working with Elite I provide professional security services for different events through out the San Diego Area.
To name a few are the San Diego Charger games, the County Fair,
festivals.
Sometimes work can hectic because some guest drink too much alcohol. But with the co-workers that I have had the pleasure working with make it a bit easier.
Productive work place with hard working co workers.
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2012
This job works through most common popular venues such as Qualcomm Stadium and Petco Park, the management are excellent, the co-workers are good to get along with and the pay is reasonable.
interesting variety of possitions
security guard (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2012
Pros: fun sites to guard.
Cons: bas on backs and feet.
this company works in the public area and has a good reputation. With sports, conventions and other activities, it is good as a secondary job.

About ELITE SHOW SERVICES

Elite Show Services was established by Jack Gligora in 1998 and was incorporated in 2001. Elite Show Services officers are Jack – Read more