ELITE SHOW SERVICES

ELITE SHOW SERVICES Employee Reviews

Very balanced
Security Guard (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 6, 2015
The workers were trained accordingly while the management hardly knew what they were doing half the time. I liked that I could make my own schedule, I didn't like that I had to call in every day to see if I was going to be able to work.
Great Security Company
Security Guard (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2015
-Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees and visitors

-Greet guests to help them locate their seats

-Answer customers' questions, and provide information

-Protect the safety of guests and all employees

-Crowd management at several of San Diego’s premier sporting and special events
Looking for something new as well as exciting to take pride in.
Event staff (Current Employee), Miami Florida at sunlife stadiumJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: every day was eventful and positive. /i am truely going to miss elite.
Cons: n/a maybe the distance now that i have relocated.
Elite Show Services has been a place were I matured a great deal. A lot of time I was at a post on my own. Where I would have to make judgement calls. I can honestly say you don't always know what your capable of until a situation comes along and you are required to think quickly and get the job done. I always keep a level head and very professional attitude. As I have recently relocated from Miami to Deerfield beach Florida I am looking forward to obtaining a position as a team player in a people oriented organization, where I can maximize my customer service service skills in a challenging environment to achieve the corporate goals I need so that I may carry them threw out my career.
Event Security
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: events
Cons: odd hours
Fun Events

Odd hours

Ive met actors, athletes, and other successful people working these events.
Management need improvement
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 28, 2014
Cons: short breaks and no benefits to give to there security officers.
Not very good skills in there management office need to work on it and they need to treat with more respect there fellow Security Officers.
customer service
Event Staff (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 22, 2014
it was a new experience for me, i got the opportunity provide wonderful service to visitor and annual guest for there many sporting events, my customer service skills grew gave me a better insight on the aspect of business
Productive workplace
Service Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Very entertaining , very rewarding , fun place to work great hours very entertaining
FORGET ABOUT WORKING FOR THEM!!!!!!!!
Former security officer (Former Employee), City of San DiegoSeptember 28, 2014
Cons: a lot
After 7 1/2 years, I was terminated due to their version of misconduct, which was being was written up twice. Once for leaning, but in all actuality I got sick working in the sun, wasn't allowed to sit down in the shade for a few minutes, and two days later I was written up for having a hand in my pocket, because I getting some out some facial tissue because I sneezed.

Elite's reputation continues to go downhill, it just hasn't hit the bottom yet. They practice age discrimination, nepotism, favoritism, and only pay their employees $9/hour, which is minimum wage. The living wage for working at Petco Park and Qualcomm Stadium for 2014 is $14.17 per hour, but Elite pays more to make themselves look good. They have a reputation (read the other reviews) for the "wanna be cops" assaulting people at concerts, (Humphrey's, Viejas Arena, Sleep Train), but yet the company does nothing about it.

So you want to work a Chargers game? No problem, they need lots of people, but forget about working a Padres game. They give the full time shifts and overtime at Petco Park and Charger games to the "friends, and relatives, but the regular guards at Petco Park are divided up into colored "teams," work 4-5 hours per shift, and don't even get to work all the games.

Even though it's part-time, you can call their scheduling office continually, just to be told that there's nothing right now. That's because of the favoritism and nepotism, Elite has a no working for the competition rule, but that depends on who you are!

The $180 that you pay for training is the state mandated BSIS training that every – more... other company gives for free. This is an illegal practice, and that $180 goes right into the pockets of the owners of the company to help support their lifestyles.

Now you know the reason that they have to advertise on Craigslist every day, and other companies don't.

They have spies that sneak around take pictures of CSC employees at events, and post them in their command post to look it. But if you want to work event security, go to another company, there are others out there, plus they pay more and treat their employees better. Work for Contemporary Services Corporation (CSC), you'll be treated much better and get more work, too.. – less
Worst Place To Work (Or not work)
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: set your own schedule
Cons: no work, unorganized, policies, managers
The way this company works, is on a "first come, first served" basis. You must call in everyday, to see what jobs are available. 99% of the time, there is no work. Football season, first week of College and concerts seem to be the only available opportunities. There is no set schedule.

For employment with Elite, you must have a Guard Card. If you do not have one, you can obtain one through the company. You also have to do they're mandatory training. And pay for it. The training is a waste of time. There is very little knowledge received the said training.
Great working environment; entertainment in nature
Entertainment Security Guard (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches, fantastic venues in professional sports, music and conventions
Cons: no healhtcare benefits for part time employees
For my position within Petco Park and the SD Padres I would begin my post / set up for the days processing of employees. This would mean inspecting all bags for un-opened bottles of water or beverages that might contain alcohol. Confirming each person shows their I.D. badge, and that it's current and in good condition.
Looking for people who are smoking in the wrong areas during their breaks. Maintaining a friendly but firm position of authority to maintain optimum compliance for all security issues as instructed.
Working along side of Petco Park's H/R department for the many volunteer and regular staff that may have issues that arise which may need my back-up, in order to maintain secure relations.
I enjoy working along side of everyone within the Padres 24/7 organization and my fellow Elite colleagues. Assisting the H/R department has also been a very upbeat and positive opportunity to learn their philosophy when it comes to their many employees.

~ The hardest part of the job is making sure that you make time for travel and parking in the downtown area.
It's always fun working here
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: call in for work
Cons: not enough hours to work
Security Guard for many events in the San Diego area. Get to meet a lot of famous people. Hardest part being standing for 8 hours in one spot. Most enjoyable you get so greet people and they respect you.
One best ship i was stations on
Security Officer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2014
I enjoyed my time in the Navy I meet a lot of good friends and learned a lot of things and good work ethic.
na
security guard (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
observe and report any suspicious activities. daily written reports of shift.
nice place
Security Officer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 20, 2014
not good pay at all treat u like any other employee good for temporary work
Dymanic Work Environment
Event Staff/Security Guard (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: flexable schedule
Cons: on call
Good part time job. Flexible Schedule. Knowledgeable Management. Opportunity to work at sporting events, clubs, hotels, concerts and festivals.
love this company
Security officer (Former Employee), san diego, caJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: an amazing team
Cons: no benefits
love working for this company you could pick up your own shifts and the managers were an so were the staff
Very professional with fun work environment
Event Staff (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 19, 2013
Pros: shuttle bus/trolly equals practicaly free parking.
Cons: standing for hours at a time.
A typical day would be a lot of preparing yourself for hundreds of excited fans with children and alcohol. I learned that no matter how long you've have worked in that field every day is different. There are really not any hard parts in this job, but the most enjoyable part of this job would have to be the fans. They are always so alive and full of joy it makes the day go by so fast that u never really notice the game.
Elite
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 9, 2013
Pros: exciting work environments
Cons: disorganized managing
Can work when you are available, you make your own schedule.
Work isn't consistent though, a lot of commuting to and from events in San Diego.
Nice to have the variety of choices.
Qualcomm and Petco park are subsidiaries of the company and require additional training but pays significantly more.
More often than not, due to multiple shift leaders at different times, management was disorganized.
Experience
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 21, 2013
Getting a different job each time I work is a great opportunity to get experience at different jobs
not bad for the money you earn
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2013
it was a good place to work if you need the money wich i did but its not easy work

About ELITE SHOW SERVICES

Elite Show Services was established by Jack Gligora in 1998 and was incorporated in 2001. Elite Show Services officers are Jack – Read more

ELITE SHOW SERVICES Salaries