ELITE SHOW SERVICES Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work that fit around family life
Event Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2015
I enjoy working for Elite Security. This is a place an entire family can find employment if they don't need steady employment. This job is my after retirement job so I was really only looking for part time work. There are many nice people working for this company, and most of the people in management are kind, caring, and courteous. I never had a problem with anything or anybody on the job and I enjoy going to work. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting and interacting with the many different people you will have a chance to meet.
Pros
variable shifts and schedules
Cons
Most positions paid under $10.00 pe hour.
Summary
Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 6, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Productive and reliable - always working nights however.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mission Valley, CAJanuary 21, 2016
I loved working with Elite Show Services, the job was simple yet interesting to do. You met all sorts of people and you were able to attend events free of charge. On break you could walk around the del mar fairgrounds, enjoy the music at the sleep train amphitheater, or watch the game at either Petco Park or Qualcomm Stadium.

There were really only two things you could be doing. Either scanning people at the gates of the event or making sure people are following the rules once they're inside. Concerts tend to be a bit harder since you'll most likely have to help someone find their seat, or if you're in the pit of the concert you'll have to catch crowd-surfers.
Ok
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CaliforniaOctober 7, 2015
Securing major concerts and venues by performing bag check, providing customer service, and performing pat downs. Management was well, however unorganized. My co-workers are very friendly and helpful, however. The hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time. I learned that more personal issues that I thought, take place in the work environment that I do not want any part of.
Pros
friendly co workers, nice environment
Cons
Short breaks, long periods of time standing (12+ hrs)
Low wages and poor opportunity for advancement
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2016
Terrible company to work for. Favoritism and racial bias used for advancement. If you like to stand for hours in any weather and go without breaks this is the company for you
Pros
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING
Cons
UNFAIR HIRING, PROMOTION, DEMOTION PRACTICES
It is a good place to work.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 22, 2016
Work the entry gates with metal detectors, for when ever there is a event at Levi field, also crowd control. Keep a look out drunk fans.
Pros
Meet a lot of people. and sometimes see the game or event.
Cons
Traffic to and from the event.
Unprofessional. Lots of favoritism. Lots of supervisors who really don't do anything.
event security (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2015
I worked for Elite for two years. Elite presents a poor professional image to the public. Many guards think they're the police. So much favoritism goes on....schedulers will save shifts for their friends. Elite is losing a lot of contracts in San Diego. Overall, their guards just don't care.
Pros
A variety of events.
Cons
Unprofessional attitude.
Great job for peace officer retirees
ODO Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Suites & clubs, escorting, monitoringMarch 15, 2016
As a retired peace officer, I enjoy the opportunity to work a part-time job in a pretty awesome atmosphere. Most of the Elite managers I have worked for are conscientious, have good work ethics, they accommodate employees with special needs and they have good attitudes. I enjoy the fact that I can be assigned to an area of responsibility where I am accountable for my own actions without being "baby sat." I like that Elite takes note of persons that go above and beyond their basic job descriptions and one can receive special recognitions. There is great transportation from assigned lots to the stadium, and plenty of staff to get you going forward with your shift.

There are some down falls to this company: Scheduling is done by an office in San Diego. Sometimes you are hired and giving a start time ~ then when you report to duty you're not on the hire list or the start time was changed. Also at times the pay scale reflexes a lesser pay then the agreed payment ~ it's a pain to get it corrected. Also dressing areas are small, dirty and crowded. The arrangements made with the stadium are really poor and staff is compiled in a small area. Staff at the Elite tent has to use portable toilets, and there isn't any hot water for washing your hands.

Overall I highly recommend this agency. It's fun to work there. You can see a few celebrities, pro sports and hear concerts while you work. I recommend this agency.....

KIM S
Pros
Free lunch, new stadium, good pay, some uniform dress is provided, fun
Cons
No local scheduling, restroom & dressing room accommodations are bad, pay issues
Very productive
Security Guard. (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 16, 2012
Working with Elite is a lot of fun and like a continuous education. Management is outstanding and understand what team work is all about. The hardest part of the job ,is standing on a concrete for long hours with shoes that does not have good soles.

The most enjoying part of the job is reuniting again with old friends who are like family. Elite employees from all culture, race, age, gender, and background gets along with one another.Elite is a great company to work with.
Pros
free water in a hot day
Cons
part time job, there are no benefits or medical
great job for extra cash on weekends
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 9, 2015
Great place to enjoy our favorite team with the fans and provide great customer service. The management can be very unorganized but the employees make great team work.
Elite Services
Event Staff Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2015
Providing security services for various venues. I have traveled as far as LA to local events here in San Diego. The position requires that you be self sufficient and be able to manage yourself and think on your feet. This is temporary employment - you work when there is availability
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
The work is inconsistent
Fun work environment
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego CaOctober 6, 2015
In this job you work a lot of events. Today you could be watching a parking lot, tomorrow you could be working a concert. The jobs are quite fun depending of what post you have but you get to make your own schedule.
Pros
Work concerts and cool events.
Cons
Work all over San Diego parking hard to find for some jobs.
Looking for something new as well as exciting to take pride in.
Event staff (Current Employee) –  Miami Florida at sunlife stadiumJanuary 9, 2015
Elite Show Services has been a place were I matured a great deal. A lot of time I was at a post on my own. Where I would have to make judgement calls. I can honestly say you don't always know what your capable of until a situation comes along and you are required to think quickly and get the job done. I always keep a level head and very professional attitude. As I have recently relocated from Miami to Deerfield beach Florida I am looking forward to obtaining a position as a team player in a people oriented organization, where I can maximize my customer service service skills in a challenging environment to achieve the corporate goals I need so that I may carry them threw out my career.
Pros
every day was eventful and positive. /i am truely going to miss elite.
Cons
n/a maybe the distance now that i have relocated.
A good company to work with.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2012
A typical day at work would be to check in at command post, find a supervisor who needs people on his crew and get your post orders, which could be bag checks, green room or roving looking for someone not following the rules. Co-workers are always friendly, along with the management/supervisors. the hardest part of the day are the long hours of standing, but the enjoyable part of the job is that you get to participate in the many events that take place around San Diego.
Supervisers are encouraging and supportive
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2015
Being employed by Elite Show Services lite the fire in my soul that makes me happy. They made the work environment fun and fair all at the same time.
Pros
You get to choose the days you want to be scheduled
Cons
That unless you were managment there were no full-time positions
Management need improvement
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 28, 2014
Not very good skills in there management office need to work on it and they need to treat with more respect there fellow Security Officers.
Cons
short breaks and no benefits to give to there security officers.
Very balanced
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2015
The workers were trained accordingly while the management hardly knew what they were doing half the time. I liked that I could make my own schedule, I didn't like that I had to call in every day to see if I was going to be able to work.
Great Security Company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2015
-Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees and visitors

-Greet guests to help them locate their seats

-Answer customers' questions, and provide information

-Protect the safety of guests and all employees

-Crowd management at several of San Diego’s premier sporting and special events
Active, fun workplace
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2015
If you are looking to get some extra cash as well as help others in the process, then this is the job for you!!! Elite provides events with a full staff to cater to their event. They provide security and overall it is a fun work experience because you are out and about and not just indoors!. Really enjoyed my time here.
Pros
friendly
Cons
Short breaks
Great working environment; entertainment in nature
Entertainment Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2014
For my position within Petco Park and the SD Padres I would begin my post / set up for the days processing of employees. This would mean inspecting all bags for un-opened bottles of water or beverages that might contain alcohol. Confirming each person shows their I.D. badge, and that it's current and in good condition.
Looking for people who are smoking in the wrong areas during their breaks. Maintaining a friendly but firm position of authority to maintain optimum compliance for all security issues as instructed.
Working along side of Petco Park's H/R department for the many volunteer and regular staff that may have issues that arise which may need my back-up, in order to maintain secure relations.
I enjoy working along side of everyone within the Padres 24/7 organization and my fellow Elite colleagues. Assisting the H/R department has also been a very upbeat and positive opportunity to learn their philosophy when it comes to their many employees.

~ The hardest part of the job is making sure that you make time for travel and parking in the downtown area.
Pros
discounted lunches, fantastic venues in professional sports, music and conventions
Cons
no healhtcare benefits for part time employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ELITE SHOW SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.