ELITE SHOW SERVICES Employee Reviews

Cool company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 27, 2017
My experience at Elite was fun. Experienced working at different events around San Diego. Working at Del Mar, for the San Diego Padres and the San Diego Chargers before they left.
Good Times
Security/Doorman (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2017
Constantly working with great groups of people and helping to keep the public safe at the same time. There is nothing more enjoyable than working events that are successful do to the security.
I would not recommend
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FL 33056January 31, 2017
A minimum wage job, that does not care about workers. If you need something just to make extra money or just enjoy the game of football then I recommend.
Fun job but extremely poor leadership with no integrity
Off Duty Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 19, 2016
As a retired peace officer, I worked as an ODO for Elite during their inaugural season at Levi's. I attended each orientation and supervisory training session. They had also hired aome very good staff. I was excited to work there after going to these sessions. However, it did not take long for me to see that they were only saying who Elite dreamed of being, not who they actually are.

They said they wanted to hear from us via their suggestion box. I brought some issues to them, along with solutions. I did not make these suggestions anonymously yet I was never contacted. In fact, Elite sometimes only exacerbated these issues.

Some of my concerns included issues related to supervising those attending games. There were many areas in which I felt things could have been improved so that security could be enhanced. Again, there was no response from Elite ownership/management.

During orientation, they told us they would move us to a different spot if we were unhappy with our assignment. I was placed in the suite tower for the first few games and I was very happy there. Elite then moved us out and I started working with a retired SFPD officer who consistently treated everyone like they were convicts. Even though I was not treated poorly at that point, I requested a move. This supervisor found out and quickly told me that I was not going to get my move. He then sent me home early the next two weeks. I was cut loose just before the end of games so I was stuck in traffic for hours. Since I did not need the money and I was only doing this for fun, I decided not to return. Many
  more... others were unhappy with this guy. So what did Elite do about this, they promoted him.

Since management is clearly not interested in walking the way they talk, I would expect to see the 49ers kick them to the curb sooner than later.
Pros
Free lunch, fun atmoshere, good pay
Cons
Very poor leadership
Horrible!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 11, 2016
Scheduling is an unorganized mess as well as supervisors and upper management. Supervisors treat you with little to no respect. This company doesn't value their employees and will blame you for anything.
Pros
Meet celebrities
Cons
Too many to list
enjoyable place to work
Event Staff/ traffic control (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2016
was able to do different city event's through out of San Diego Area. different job task; Qualcom, for Football, monster jams,monster trucks, concerts, soccer games.etc...Traffic controlling at SDSU, UCSD, the events at these location where for Football, baseball, school graduations, concerts, back to school activity's....etc..
Summer PoP's. was traffic control. and some slightly some ticket taking...
Martii gras, was traffic control and customer services...etc..
Torrie Pines.for Tiger woods golfing..bag checking, ticket taker...
Comic-Con. ushering, bag check, customer service, traffic control...etc...
Pros
got to see the events as you worked
Cons
long hrs on your feet/ short breaks
Low wages and poor opportunity for advancement
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2016
Terrible company to work for. Favoritism and racial bias used for advancement. If you like to stand for hours in any weather and go without breaks this is the company for you
Pros
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING
Cons
UNFAIR HIRING, PROMOTION, DEMOTION PRACTICES
Great job for peace officer retirees
ODO Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Suites & clubs, escorting, monitoringMarch 15, 2016
As a retired peace officer, I enjoy the opportunity to work a part-time job in a pretty awesome atmosphere. Most of the Elite managers I have worked for are conscientious, have good work ethics, they accommodate employees with special needs and they have good attitudes. I enjoy the fact that I can be assigned to an area of responsibility where I am accountable for my own actions without being "baby sat." I like that Elite takes note of persons that go above and beyond their basic job descriptions and one can receive special recognitions. There is great transportation from assigned lots to the stadium, and plenty of staff to get you going forward with your shift.

There are some down falls to this company: Scheduling is done by an office in San Diego. Sometimes you are hired and giving a start time ~ then when you report to duty you're not on the hire list or the start time was changed. Also at times the pay scale reflexes a lesser pay then the agreed payment ~ it's a pain to get it corrected. Also dressing areas are small, dirty and crowded. The arrangements made with the stadium are really poor and staff is compiled in a small area. Staff at the Elite tent has to use portable toilets, and there isn't any hot water for washing your hands.

Overall I highly recommend this agency. It's fun to work there. You can see a few celebrities, pro sports and hear concerts while you work. I recommend this agency.....

KIM S
Pros
Free lunch, new stadium, good pay, some uniform dress is provided, fun
Cons
No local scheduling, restroom & dressing room accommodations are bad, pay issues
It is a good place to work.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 22, 2016
Work the entry gates with metal detectors, for when ever there is a event at Levi field, also crowd control. Keep a look out drunk fans.
Pros
Meet a lot of people. and sometimes see the game or event.
Cons
Traffic to and from the event.
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2016
This was my "Go To Job" when I needed extra money ~ it took me to many sites around San Diego and got to meet a great many people. The hardest part was standing in once place for hours on end. But overall, great people watching position.

My most enjoyable memory was working Super Bowl 2003 and meeting some of the stars.
Pros
Working Different Venues
Cons
Lots and lots of standing

Want to know more about ELITE SHOW SERVICES?

Ask a question
Productive and reliable - always working nights however.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mission Valley, CAJanuary 21, 2016
I loved working with Elite Show Services, the job was simple yet interesting to do. You met all sorts of people and you were able to attend events free of charge. On break you could walk around the del mar fairgrounds, enjoy the music at the sleep train amphitheater, or watch the game at either Petco Park or Qualcomm Stadium.

There were really only two things you could be doing. Either scanning people at the gates of the event or making sure people are following the rules once they're inside. Concerts tend to be a bit harder since you'll most likely have to help someone find their seat, or if you're in the pit of the concert you'll have to catch crowd-surfers.
Fun place to work that fit around family life
Event Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2015
I enjoy working for Elite Security. This is a place an entire family can find employment if they don't need steady employment. This job is my after retirement job so I was really only looking for part time work. There are many nice people working for this company, and most of the people in management are kind, caring, and courteous. I never had a problem with anything or anybody on the job and I enjoy going to work. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting and interacting with the many different people you will have a chance to meet.
Pros
variable shifts and schedules
Cons
Most positions paid under $10.00 pe hour.
Summary
Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 6, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Unprofessional. Lots of favoritism. Lots of supervisors who really don't do anything.
event security (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2015
I worked for Elite for two years. Elite presents a poor professional image to the public. Many guards think they're the police. So much favoritism goes on....schedulers will save shifts for their friends. Elite is losing a lot of contracts in San Diego. Overall, their guards just don't care.
Pros
A variety of events.
Cons
Unprofessional attitude.
Elite Services
Event Staff Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2015
Providing security services for various venues. I have traveled as far as LA to local events here in San Diego. The position requires that you be self sufficient and be able to manage yourself and think on your feet. This is temporary employment - you work when there is availability
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
The work is inconsistent
Ok
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CaliforniaOctober 7, 2015
Securing major concerts and venues by performing bag check, providing customer service, and performing pat downs. Management was well, however unorganized. My co-workers are very friendly and helpful, however. The hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time. I learned that more personal issues that I thought, take place in the work environment that I do not want any part of.
Pros
friendly co workers, nice environment
Cons
Short breaks, long periods of time standing (12+ hrs)
Fun work environment
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego CaOctober 6, 2015
In this job you work a lot of events. Today you could be watching a parking lot, tomorrow you could be working a concert. The jobs are quite fun depending of what post you have but you get to make your own schedule.
Pros
Work concerts and cool events.
Cons
Work all over San Diego parking hard to find for some jobs.
great job for extra cash on weekends
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 9, 2015
Great place to enjoy our favorite team with the fans and provide great customer service. The management can be very unorganized but the employees make great team work.
Supervisers are encouraging and supportive
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2015
Being employed by Elite Show Services lite the fire in my soul that makes me happy. They made the work environment fun and fair all at the same time.
Pros
You get to choose the days you want to be scheduled
Cons
That unless you were managment there were no full-time positions
Active, fun workplace
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2015
If you are looking to get some extra cash as well as help others in the process, then this is the job for you!!! Elite provides events with a full staff to cater to their event. They provide security and overall it is a fun work experience because you are out and about and not just indoors!. Really enjoyed my time here.
Pros
friendly
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ELITE SHOW SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9