Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa Employee Reviews

Nice environment, but stressful
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 9, 2017
Upon hiring they tell you how much more you can earn on the low salary they provide, but its simply not true. All commission and sales off memberships all go to technicians, so there is no real way for front end to earn anymore. They are really underpaid for how much they have to do, and how long the hours they are required to work per day. I will say, the discount is great, and everyone is generally really nice especially the GM and AGM, except for a few pushy technicians.
Pros
great discount on services
Cons
Really underpaid
Great Place to Work
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 15, 2017
Great place to work that is fast paced but fun at the same time. The environment is very tranquil and relaxing. They have a very diverse team and its easy to get along with everyone.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Great place to work if you like a spa environment
GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 17, 2017
Great place to work if you like the salon and spa environment. A lot of standing, which I didn't like. I had to call HR on them when they tried to make me stand a full shift even while pregnant. Other than that I have no complaints. You have to be grateful just to have a job sometimes and this was just that. Thankful for the opportunity.
Cons
Very fun, relaxing, and productive work environment
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 10, 2017
I was a spa attendant here for about 9 months last year. Being a spa attendant is very physical work, and there is always only one spa attendant, so on busy days it can be exhausting, but it was overall a fun job and a very pleasant work environment. The manager and staff I have worked with are excellent, very friendly and always happy to help if you have any questions. I wish the biggest of success for this company.
Pros
Friendly and helpful staff, relaxing environment
Cons
low pay, can be very physical and tiring on busy days
Excellence
Esthetician/Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJJuly 6, 2017
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa is a professionally run business. The managers are extremely professional and provide excellent feedback and guidance. The workplace culture is great.
amazing place
hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
everyone here is very good at what they do, we all go thro a training program before going on the floor and taking any guest, is a great place to come and be relax, the place is very big and very well maintenance, everyone is very friendly and great at what they do. the best part is that we all get along well, we trade services, we get discount, and we all feel like a big family. what do I enjoy the most is making people feel better about them self.
Pros
trainings for new profucts, great pay, great location
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 5, 2017
Love the techs and the teamwork just wish the pay was better love working here . the agm and the gm are great the work with very caring and will do everything to help the employees
Productive and exciting
Nail Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 27, 2017
I worked there shortly because I had health issues to deal with. However, it was lovely and very welcoming. The spa is a great place for people to work.
beautiful work place with an amazing reputation
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2017
top of the line spa services available at booking
senior therapist and esthetitcians on staff to assist
the pay is not horrible
there are alot of expectations and sales quotas but the products basically sell themselves
Pros
rewards and parties for meeting quotas
Worst place I ever worked . Stay away
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  New York, NY union squareMarch 18, 2017
The 2 senior estheticians have to be booked before you get any clients.. the environment is very negative a lot of unprofessional people work there. The people management likes gets the privileges of getting booked first. this happens in every department. No room to grow no gratis for products neither. Nothing to learn while working for this company.
Pros
Cons
No benefits

Want to know more about Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa?

Ask a question
Spectacular.
Nail Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2017
This was one of my favorite that I have ever worked in. Along with Hilton spa, it was such a beautiful place to work at and the hospitality was great.
Beginners Make up and Hair Artists
Guest Service Manager/Group Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 17, 2016
Would Not recommend applying for administrative work with this company. Great environment for new make up artists and hair artists to build confidence.
Pros
Discount services and products
Cons
Low pay, stressful environment
Fun and upbeat work environment.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 10, 2016
Typical day entails ensuring the guests' needs are met and learning how to coordinate appointments in the correct order and to the satisfaction of the guests.
Personalized Work Environment
Virtual Concierge (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2016
It was a great, simple job. The work from home aspect was a lot different than I thought. Would recommend this job to many.
A good place for benefits
Nail Technician (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 26, 2016
I worked 8 years at Elizabeth Arden red door spa . They are good with benefits but their pay is under . They treat u as a number. They pay commission & hourly so if u are busy than u get still hourly & comission if u were slow that 2 weeks than u get hourly so that was only the plus about working there
Pros
Benefits, hourly & comission
Cons
Low pay vs other places
High Turnover
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 9, 2016
Very limited support from senior management, they give a great appearance of being a supportive and cohesive team. High turnover at mid management level. Great concept of customer service standards and brand loyalty initiatives.
Productive workplace, calm environment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 26, 2016
Being a Guest Service Representative at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spas helped to take my customer service skills to the next level. I worked closely with Technicians as well as guests to ensure that each day in the spa went smoothly and accordingly. The hardest part of my job was trying to ensure everyone's happiness. With that, I've learned that some things in life are just out of one's control. It is important to never dwell, just move forward. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing technicians rewarded for their hard work and dedication, and guests walking out either smiling from ear to ear, or just too relaxed to even speak.
Pros
Company lunches, great discount on services
Cons
Standing for extensive hours
Management sucks
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 17, 2016
Working here is really fun if you are a young kid looking for time to waste. But if you actually want to make a career that pays well, look else where. The management is so unprofessional and the staff is very catty. You will feel like you're back in high school right away.
The discount is amazing off of services and products. Which was a reason I didn't want to leave. But the management was so nasty and conniving I had no choice.
They force you to sell these packages for the company with no compensation. But the technicians get it if they sell it. It's such b.s.
OH did I fail to mention you are forced to stand on your feet in the SAME spot for 8 hour shifts?? And they freak out if you need a moment to sit down.
Pros
Getting cheap services
Cons
Pay, management, standing long periods of time
Diversity
Spa Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2016
There are a lot of people from different cultures and places that work here. Its a good place to feel a sense of diversity in the work place
Overall it's an ok place
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2016
The management is willing to work with it's employees as best they can. There is a corporate culture and scheduling can be difficult. But overall it's better than most.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9