Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa

Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa Employee Reviews

Personalized Work Environment
Virtual Concierge (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2016
It was a great, simple job. The work from home aspect was a lot different than I thought. Would recommend this job to many.
A good place for benefits
Nail Technician (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 26, 2016
I worked 8 years at Elizabeth Arden red door spa . They are good with benefits but their pay is under . They treat u as a number. They pay commission & hourly so if u are busy than u get still hourly & comission if u were slow that 2 weeks than u get hourly so that was only the plus about working there
Pros
Benefits, hourly & comission
Cons
Low pay vs other places
High Turnover
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 9, 2016
Very limited support from senior management, they give a great appearance of being a supportive and cohesive team. High turnover at mid management level. Great concept of customer service standards and brand loyalty initiatives.
Productive workplace, calm environment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 26, 2016
Being a Guest Service Representative at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spas helped to take my customer service skills to the next level. I worked closely with Technicians as well as guests to ensure that each day in the spa went smoothly and accordingly. The hardest part of my job was trying to ensure everyone's happiness. With that, I've learned that some things in life are just out of one's control. It is important to never dwell, just move forward. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing technicians rewarded for their hard work and dedication, and guests walking out either smiling from ear to ear, or just too relaxed to even speak.
Pros
Company lunches, great discount on services
Cons
Standing for extensive hours
Management sucks
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 17, 2016
Working here is really fun if you are a young kid looking for time to waste. But if you actually want to make a career that pays well, look else where. The management is so unprofessional and the staff is very catty. You will feel like you're back in high school right away.
The discount is amazing off of services and products. Which was a reason I didn't want to leave. But the management was so nasty and conniving I had no choice.
They force you to sell these packages for the company with no compensation. But the technicians get it if they sell it. It's such b.s.
OH did I fail to mention you are forced to stand on your feet in the SAME spot for 8 hour shifts?? And they freak out if you need a moment to sit down.
Pros
Getting cheap services
Cons
Pay, management, standing long periods of time
Diversity
Spa Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2016
There are a lot of people from different cultures and places that work here. Its a good place to feel a sense of diversity in the work place
Overall it's an ok place
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2016
The management is willing to work with it's employees as best they can. There is a corporate culture and scheduling can be difficult. But overall it's better than most.
elizabeth arden
any job (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 11, 2016
componder how to make makeup work on line production line work and the makeing powders makeup blush oils and lotion and creams and shower gels
What a joke
Gsr,GSM,nail tech, hairstylist, massage therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Lots of smiling in your face from management but knife in your back later. It's like being in high school. Management constantly changing, pay is terrible for a "high end" spa, people leaving constantly. Gsr's are made to feel like children.
Worst place to work! Read the reviews even from clients.
Pros
Services
Cons
Management, mediocre pay, no life, responsibilities piled onto you without proper compensation.
Stay Away
All Job Positions Suck (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2016
They treat their employees like s**t. This spa lost more than 15 of their best employees. Some have been loyal to the company for 10yrs+. Management sucks and will sell you a dream to get you to work for them. After being employed for awhile you will start to recieve empty promises & no raises. They will f**k you over quick. Star employees ------>Gone. If you like picking up other people slack, being disrespected, and not being taken seriously then this is the Job for you. Oh btw this is the lowest paid spa. Beware of contracts they make you sign to work for them. So if you decide to take a job here at the "Baltimore Location" goodluck. I reccommend you dont work at this location. Try Chevy Chase or another location. Do your research before you dive in head first. Amazing benefits can cover up a s****y job.
Pros
Employee Discounts, Co-workers (Some)
Cons
MANAGEMENT, MANGEMENT, & MANAGEMENT

Want to know more about Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa?

Ask a question
Unique work environment
confidential (Current Employee) –  confidentialDecember 19, 2015
There are a lot of great employees at Red Door. It is a fun environment, and the job is what you make it. Beautiful locations, and employees who care about one another. Executive team is not the strongest, and lacks vision at times.
Pros
Employee discounts, co-workers, nice environment
Cons
Senior level management is not always on the same page.
An awful place to work
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 9, 2015
Management messes up time and money. Could've been a better environment for both guests and especially technicians. A lot of prejudices and drama there. Co-workers steal from one another and management pays less than required amount for technicians.
Horrible place to work
Makeup Artist and Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 3, 2015
This place is one of the worst spa’s I have ever worked for. They literally treat there employees like junk. They will change your schedule without letting the employees know. The pay is nothing and they offer horrible benefits.
Excellent Spa Atmosphere
Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 26, 2015
Worked in the Aesthetic Spa and enjoyed my co-workers very much.
Excellent Spa environment and fun place to work.

Great clientele to provide professional facials and body treatments.

Highly recommend Elizabeth Arden - Red Door Spa for Aestheticians and Massage therapists to work at.
Team orientated, sometimes drama
Lead Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTSeptember 21, 2015
The Red Door Spa is a great place to work if you are team orientated and mature. Being in the spa/beauty industry drama is very common. You have to be able to look past the small things to be successful. I learned how to do that as well as be goal oriented. Weekly goals were to be met as well as budgets and quotas. The standard for customer service is also very high. One of the most rewarding things about this job is being able to help guests and make sure they're completely taken care of so they are happy when they walk out the door. Its a great place to build your own clientele and get to know people. I learned all the retail products well enough to be able to recommend the perfect thing they were looking for. If it didn't work best for them, I worked with them to find another option. On slow days I would redo displays, clean the boutique or assist front desk representatives. There is a benefits package and 401K available as well as room for growth in the company. I met some great people there and it was one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
discounts on products and services, getting to know people, advancement
Cons
drama, unhappy guests
Business is closed
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 29, 2015
I really did not enjoy working at such a corporate company. Horrible politics and management was lazy and mean. Staff was mediocre and did not have a client base.
Pros
Cons
everything
It's alot of work with very little compensation or appreciation
Operational manger (Former Employee) –  Chevy ChaseAugust 29, 2015
Upper management has no compassion for their employees they over work the staff and often staff members get their lunch time taken away from them so they can make money not considering that the employee must be healthy in order to perform well. This company is a bourgeoisie factory. With no real concerns about their staff . Employees are just a number to them when one employee burns out from all the BS it's all about next in line.
Pros
Commision from the sales of all departments as a manager
Cons
Using people to get ahead for managers commision
Ea rds
General Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 29, 2015
Ensure staffing is appropriate to business levels.
Execute all corporate initiatives.
Coach motivate staff of 40 to increase revenue.
Guide and mentor leaders.
Pros
Complimentary employee cafeteria, Great spa team
Benefits
Nice place, but thought it was much more professional.
Nail tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix,AZJuly 8, 2015
I got a job as a nail tech. I started training with a nail lead. Never received the confirmed schedule from GM. I was going there only a couple days a week. They're very strict on protocols. I didn't feel like I was treated fairly. The drive for me was around 50 min,I told my nail leader and she brought this message to GM who didn't like the idea going from full time to part time. Pretty much she didn't care about my concerns and didn't want to work it out with me. GM never got back to me. I decided to quit as there wasn't any communication from GM at all. I left my tools and cosmetology degree there. Asked the nail leader to ship it back and no response. I truly expected much higher professionalism and better work ethics. Unfortunately I'm disappointed in this company and wouldn't suggest as a good opportunity to any of the people I know looking for a job. I feel like I was treated unfair and disrespected.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Bad management
Training was a priority
Long Island Regional Esthetics Lead and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 29, 2015
Day started with emails, list of task for the day, including servicing guests. Learned every aspect of running and managing a business. Management lacked on supporting leads/trainers. For the most part it was a very close group it felt like family. Hardest part of the job was trying to maintain and keep up with the numbers and clients due to the hike in service prices, company let their guards down and our standards dropped, compensation was not a priority. Most enjoyable was the interaction with the clients, and co-workers.
Pros
product and service discounts.
Cons
Pay, insurance, benefits

2.9