Elizabeth Arden Employee Reviews

Awesome Products
Cosmetics and Fragrance sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INDecember 13, 2016
Excellence in skin care and cosmetics. Skin care products produce results in anti-aging. Foundations are wonderful with a wide variety of colors and formulas for individual results. Superstart is a fantastic skin serum, great for any skin type. The new mascara is a must have! Color selections are lovely in blushes, eyeshadows, liners. I love the Ceramide and Prevage products. Could actually go on all day about the product lines and benefits! Super company to work for and benefit from using their products! Highly recommend, either way!
Pros
Client connections and co-workers
Cons
Hours due to Department Store Management.
Not good benefits, low pay
Cosmetics Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 2, 2016
not good benefits, low pay, short breaks, not a lot of foot traffic at Crossgates Mall in Albany. little to no opportunity for advancement
Pros
Meager discount for Macy's merchandice
Cons
low pau, no breaks, no benefits
creative
Administrative Coordinator Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York StateMarch 20, 2017
Creative, friendly work culture that encourage growth. Management on all levels are the best role models and mentors. I could not have asked for a better assignment.
Pros
encouraging environment to excel
Cons
stability
Contracted for two 4 week positions with two buyer teams
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 8, 2017
Was contracted to create excel templates to be used by the purchasing teams on the products purchased by buyers to schedule when the products could be delivered due to the corporation switching to Oracle. The new reports' formatting did not fit into the previously set up excel format which is why they needed someone to come in and reassess the reporting tools in excel utilizing various formulas such as vlookup and IF.
Learning experience
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 22, 2017
My first experience in cosmetics and in the private sector. Demanding new position, working alongside promotion and forecasting to ensure marketing strategies were executed correctly in the Latin America region.
The job was unstable
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 12, 2017
i worked for elizabeth arden through a temp agency. They laid off very often and often times would run out of work. Although the shift was wonderful they did not pay near enough for the type of work you do.
Pros
the shift was great
Cons
lay offs constantly, terrible pay
Good company
Planning / Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 11, 2017
Great place to work and high quality atmosphere of professionals. The company size is small which allows everyone to get to know each other on a personal level.
Pros
Nice and friendly managers
Cons
Small IT department
Great Experience
Fragrance Packaging Solutions Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2016
Great company currently undergoing integration since they have been acquired by Revlon. I have had the honor to work with very talented engineers of packaging solutions across all Arden brands including: Red Door, Green Tea, Juicy Couture, etc.
Pros
vendor lunches
Non-Productive
Elizabeth Arden crew member (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 16, 2017
Socialization hindered work progress. Due to coworkers converting on the line work requirements were hard to meet. Good job overall I personally just take work seriously.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Not enough productivity
Sold to Revlon
Ecommerce Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 3, 2017
I was there during a period of rapid growth and success with some great people that remain close friends to this day.

They have since been sold to Revlon.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Division between offices
Great warehouse for forklift beginners
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAMarch 15, 2017
I had no prior experience before I started here. This warehouse is spacious and the team leads are great at perfecting your craft. The summer can get hectic.
I didn't like it
Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 14, 2016
I didn't like this type of work environment. it more of the people that was working there. The age and personality. I scanned, counted, wrapped and shipped items. I also printed the shipping labels.
Poor Planning, Poor Supervision
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAMay 8, 2013
What I learned from Elizabeth Arden was general knowledge of how to operate more forklift vehicles. I did establish good relationships with several co-workers and one of the supervisors but overall, it was not my favorite job. Management as a whole was not good, at all. It seemed as if, each manager had their own agenda, and was determind to carry that agenda out, in spite of the other managers. The work itself was very easy, and I did not mind working extra hours, when available, which was a rarity. Therefore, I would say the hardest part was having to deal with the constant change from management. I most enjoyed the location of the job. On a bad day, I could make it the work in 7 minutes, ON FOOT!
Pros
Location, very close to home, gas saver
Cons
Everything else: bad management, attitude-filled co-workers, hours constantly changing, salary was not sufficient
Really productive and peaceful
Palletizer (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 15, 2016
Hardest part of the job is pallitizing at times so diffucult because of all the patterns very nice coworkers nice atmosphere
I do not recommend them to anyone
clerk (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJune 20, 2016
Salem vs: management is horrible, no advancement,temporary employees are treated like slaves, more responsibility, but no money to go with it.. Overall the worst company to work for.
Pros
Cons
all
EA in salem
Shipping clerk (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAOctober 14, 2016
I have been here for 7 yrs and still not hired ive seen ppl coming in and be here for a month and get hired I am here everyday and bust my butt for this place and still get nothing. I do not recommend this place to anyone.
6 of 10
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLNovember 16, 2016
No growth, but overall great experience for a high school/early college student. It helped pay for car insurance at that time.
Was a good place to work.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 8, 2016
Been awhile since I worked there but I enjoyed the different jobs I did and the people I worked with. I have heard it's not a good place to work anymore no opportunity to advance.
Stamford office is convenient
Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 22, 2016
The Stamford office provides a great location for those looking for a large corporate company. Flexibility to work in NYC or Stamford. Every Friday the company is released at 2pm. If you enjoy working through problems, new software, and individually you can thrive in this work place. Flexibility to work at home 1 day a week.
Pros
Early release Fridays
A great informative job of the latest fragrances.
Fragrance Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2012
A typical day at work is to take note of the overall merchandise stock on the shelves, and what is expected to be in stock room from company deleveries to Macy's. Find out what has sold in my lines and of the competitors lines. Greet all of the other Vendors to see who my competion is and what gifts they are giving out with purchases.I have learned that the early bird catches the worm.
The hardest part of the job is making sales without samples or gifts, but I get it done solely on the fragrance itself. I enjoy the closing, when the buyer is happy with the purchase for what it is, a great fragrance.
Pros
being trusted going in and out, fun working one of the hottest fragrance lines in the country.
Cons
no benefits, healthcare, or retirement plan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elizabeth Arden. Our community is ready to answer.