Elizabeth City State University Employee Reviews

Academic workplace
Residential Counselor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJuly 14, 2017
A typical day at work may include being involved with the students' activities. Keeping them positive about school and one another, helping them with social skills, being respectful towards others and accepting one anothers differences. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with them and building a rapport with them.
Pros
free meals
Cons
temporary
productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 11, 2017
It is a place to work. Consider youself lucky if you can secure a job there. The workplace culture could stand to be a little better. The place could use some encouragement.
Pros
a job
Great to get an education and also be an employee
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMarch 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for my university. It have gave me many opportunities, help me become a better person. The one thing I love about working for my university is that it was very flexible and they really took my opinion into consideration.
Productive work environment
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJanuary 7, 2017
Enhanced knowledge and understanding of college instruction for a variety of courses. Able to engaged with open discussion and provided guidance.
Nice place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCDecember 21, 2016
Elizabeth City State University is a good place to work as long as enrollment stays up. The health and vacation benefits are great.
Quarterback Coach
Quarterbacks Coach (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCDecember 19, 2016
Quarterbacks coach, travel coordinator, co- camp director, community liaison, and assistant recruiting coordinator.
Great place to learn how to conduct research
Internship (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCDecember 11, 2016
During a typical day you can expect to have a lecture and then put what you have learned to use in a laboratory setting. I leaned new laboratory techniques and skills that I plan to use in the industry. The hardest part of this job was processing all the new information. The most enjoyable part was learning to work with a team.
dance Hall, Gym
Food Service Prep - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NC 27909September 19, 2016
Nice People, Nice Students ,Clean Work Place , Polite Staff, Keeping A Smile On Staff And Students By Serving Them With A Smile With Freash Food And Service.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Worked for more than 15 years at ECSU.
DIRECTOR OF AUXILIARY SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCAugust 14, 2016
The Auxiliary Services team provided a great working environment. Team-work and care for the job and our work environment was at a high level. The Auxiliary Services team provided excellent customer service to the clientele.
Pros
Great Auxiliary Services Staff
Cons
Decisions for RIFs
Not a bad place to work at all
Technology Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJuly 15, 2016
Co-workers were relatively easy to get along with. I could go and ask them anything related to the job. They were very helpful. I had one of the best supervisors I've ever worked for.
Pros
Relaxed environment, great pay
Cons
I was temporary so I didn't get any benefits
Great opportunity for students and fellow staff
Work study student (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJune 22, 2016
A typical work day was enjoyable with fellow staff. I learned to multi-task and plan ahead. coworkers were like family. The hardest part of the job was staying up on enrollment and trying to recruit a certain amount of students. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the campus is very family oriented so everyone has close relationships with peers.
Pros
family oriented atmosphere
Cons
lay offs
Nice environment.Community involved
EHS Professional/Emergency Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJune 20, 2016
It is a nice place to work but there some drawbacks as it relates to promotions. My department is more like family. It is located close to Outer Banks, NC.
Productive workplace
FACILITY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 5, 2016
Expected to keep daily schedule running smoothly, update any necessary documents, assist in whatever needs supervisor has.
Excellent
Recording Secretary (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMarch 18, 2016
Excellent, very great place to work for. Very great atmosphere, lively interaction, family oriented, classy. Would recommend this place to a friend.
go place to work except little advancement
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMarch 15, 2016
This is a small university in northeastern North Carolina, it educates and enhances students of all races. It is a pleasant atmosphere yet it lacks advancement and the pay is not up to par in relation to other campuses.
Fun and entertaining
Sports Management Internship (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCOctober 29, 2015
Nice place to work. Friendly coworkers. Learned a lot from the staff as well as the students. Life learned experience. Learned to manage the team as well as to manage a facility.
Great co-workers to work with-
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCOctober 12, 2015
great co-workers to work with to get eh job done--great pay and benefits too-enjoyed the work-responsible for your own areas
Pros
Great benefits and co-workers-worked as a team
Cons
Productive and great place to work with young people
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCAugust 5, 2015
Productive and a great place to work. My only problem with ECSU as of within the last eight years has been questionable and the persons hired to be in the top office, their credentials have been questionable and that is why Enrollment is down due to upcoming students having no confidence in the leadership of the University which resulted and continue to result in RIF's.

A typical day at ECSU would be assisting the Chancellor and/or Dean with an assignment that has been requested by the UNC President's office.

Working at ECSU has taught me about Academe'. Prior to ECSU, I worked in the Corporate world.

Past Management was great! ECSU at one time was back in the "BLACK." Now things have taken a turn for the worse!

Co-Workers were fine. We strived to work together to be a "TEAM' player.

The hardest part of the job was having to tell a student they did not have enough credits to graduate when they thought they had completed all requirements.

The most enjoyable part of the job was Spring and Fall Commencements and watching students was across the stage to receive their degrees and see how they have matured and prepare themselves for the workforce, graduate school, arm forces, etc.
Pros
Making new friends and associates
Cons
Salary increases, for some, did not happen and persons worked hard
College Life
Street Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJuly 21, 2015
Overall, to start your career in college, that rarely happens. Im glad I was able to get a head start, while studying at an HBCU.
It was a laid back job. It was very simple.
Office Assitant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJuly 3, 2015
Upon request, I would do work in the office like filling, sorting, and organizing. This is the first job that taught me or helped me to understand work in the office. Management was poor due to the fact that the people working in the office wouldn't have things for me to do daily, even though they were suppose to, and they didn't explain how they wanted the work done. The hardest part about working here was sitting around waiting for work to be given to me. There wasn't an hourly pay so being there without work to do was a waste of my time. The most enjoyable part of working there was being able to work by myself.
Pros
We were provided with lunch.
Cons
It was a work study so the compensation was poor.