Elizabethtown College Employee Reviews

Appreciated for the work I do
marketing and communications (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAAugust 11, 2016
Elizabethtown College and team leaders are good at what they do. The college gives employees the opportunity to expand their jobs and truly listens to suggestions from the ranks.
Pros
beautiful campus, energizing students, respect, excellent work-life balance
Cons
lower than average pay, mediocre benefits
The Best Job on Campus
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PANovember 5, 2016
I work in catering, where you pick your shifts week-to-week based on the events scheduled, and it's the best job on campus. I thoroughly enjoy it. The management is awesome, I feel like we're accomplishing something every time I work, and you get to be in the background of a lot of big events, from dinners at the school's president's house to an alumni-only Oktoberfest-themed event during Homecoming.
Pros
Flexible hours, excellent management
Cons
Pay
Includes multiple opportunities
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PADecember 19, 2016
Working at the College varies from each position. Each position however, exercises neatness, diligence, and a great work ethic. I love my supervisors and every day I feel like I grow as an individual, societal member, as well as employer.
Pros
convenience
Cons
minimum wage
Great for Students
Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJanuary 10, 2017
While attending the college, this is a great job to have during school. Its an easy job, that works around your schedule.They are flexible and willing to give you hours.
Pros
great people
Cons
minimum wage
Unpleasant environment
Environmental Services Department (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJuly 10, 2015
Everyone had heard of the phrase, to many chiefs not enough Indians- This is Elizabethtown College. The health benefit rates are going up but the coverage is going down. Hire freezes and lack of pay increases are putting stress on remaining employees. If you chose to work here you may get an all but free education but you will rarely receive a pay increase, you will most likely never move up in or out of your department. You need to be a “yes man” to fit into this environment. And never share your thoughts and ideas. The higher ups give themselves bonuses that equal my yearly pay, yet we are lucky if every other year we receive a .2% raise.
Pros
Education
Wonderful
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAOctober 31, 2016
Great working environment. Supervisors were very accommodating. Easy to get another student to switch shifts PRN. Most co workers were very friendly and personable
Great place to work.
Volunteer assistant coach for the baseball team (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJune 20, 2016
Great atmosphere between all staff. All willing to go out of their way to help anybody in need whenever the time occurred.
Messy Job, Great People
Dining Services Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PANovember 28, 2015
Though working in Dining Services was far from my dream job, I had the opportunity to work with a great group of people and the opportunity to learn managerial skills was A+.
Jack of All Trades
Relay for Life Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown CollegeJanuary 9, 2014
I worked as a tutor, department executive assistant, mechanical trades-facilities management laborer, dining services employee, and athletic department assistant.
Pros
Gave back to my college community
Cons
Set mininum wage
A fun place to work on fast paced environment.
Planner, Server. (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAAugust 7, 2012
A typical day at work:
Set up the event, receive guests, serve the food, clean up and clear whatever the set up for the event was.

On this job I learned how to manage a team and I also learned how to work under a lot of pressure because of different given situations.

At the beginning the hardest part of the job was to keep everyone on the same track and making sure the job was well done.
Pros
great team work.
Cons
very long shifts with almost no breaks.
Organized events for the Intramural department
Intramural Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAMay 3, 2013
Organized and scheduled various intramural events throughout the school year. Posted various informational flyers and posters for events. Met with the manager to coordinate how to execute the events.
What I Learned
Kinesis Peer Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAFebruary 8, 2014
My jobs at Elizabethtown College have given me real work experience, preparing me for life after graduation.
Great school, which prepares you to go out and be a successful occupational therapist.
Occupational Therapy Student (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAFebruary 7, 2013
Elizabethtown College prepares students for the national board exam and prepares them for the workforce.
A great place for student workers
Diversity Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJanuary 28, 2013
Elizabethtown College is a great place to work on campus. Training is extensive and new ideas are encouraged.
Awesome
Mechanical Trades Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJune 3, 2014
I would go to Elizabethtown College all over again in a heartbeat
Pros
Atmosphere, people
Cons
Not much to do in town
This was a volunteer alumni position
Alumni Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaSeptember 15, 2014
E-town is a fantastic school. There is little else to say, but a true hidden gem.
Pros
everything
Cons
location
good job for students
Student Employee- Foods Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAMay 31, 2012
hours were pretty flexible to meet needs of busy college students and it was a good way to meet people as well.
Community Workplace
Copy Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAAugust 10, 2012
Computers, printers and more, a typical day involved all-encompassing technology.
Na
Alumni Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAOctober 12, 2012
This is where I did undergraduate studies. It is a wonderful school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elizabethtown College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5