Elk Grove Unified School District Employee Reviews

EGUSD is awesome
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Elementary and Middle SchoolsJuly 18, 2017
I had a very favorable experience substituting at EGUSD schools. Being a substitute allows for opportunities to learn more about teaching, if you are interested in becoming a teacher. I enjoyed interacting with the staff, and the students at the schools I visited. EGUSD is an amazing, dynamic school district.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Flexible
fun, sad to leave
Para Educator Special Education (Current Employee) –  valley hiJuly 11, 2017
Fun. Clean work environment. Safe transportation system. Free lunch program. Free after school tutoring. Great district with easy to find schools close to freeway
Pros
free lunches
Cons
advancement
Good first project
Videographer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 6, 2017
Worked as an editor/videographer on a project for EGUSD. They gave clear instructions that explained exactly what they wanted, made it very easy to get the job done quickly and well.
yard supervisor
YARD SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Arnold J. elementary schoolMay 25, 2017
i had work on almost all days in different schools as a substitute .i learned many things from there such as time management , language and the life style and the american things , i learn body language and confidence . the hardest part of the job i feel is to stand all the time and i cant sit even a moment its gonna hard some times , but job is job and i have to do it .The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet with different personalities.
Pros
ther is no free lunch
Cons
some times i get short breaks
Public School employee
Elementary Lead (Current Employee) –  Elk grove Unified School Dist.May 3, 2017
Working for Elk Grove Unified School Dist. for nearly 24 years has given me the opportunity to grow and learn as time progressed with many changes. Elk Grove Unified School district is the district to work for if your looking for growth.
Great school district
Para Educator, Librarian, Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMay 2, 2017
EGUSD is a great school district with knowledgeable staff. The parents and staff are great as well. Room for advancement and plenty to keep busy. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMarch 27, 2017
This job was productive and very straight forward as well. Good pay and can turn into a career as well. There is aslso good opportunities in this school district for jobs as
Seta internship
Seta Internship (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 24, 2017
Answering phones and making phone calls
I learned how to do all office things
management is really good
workplace culture is good
hardest part is when you don't know what to say
enjoyable is working with sweet peopl
Pros
learning new things
Cons
was only a internship
Great Place
Stone Lake Elementary, Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Great district to work for. Good hours and pay.
Great retirement package.
HR needs improvement.
Management at certain locations needs improvement.
Would work here again if I moved back to CA
Very productive
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 7, 2017
I would get assigned to different classes at different schools and non profit organizations to help all higher authorities. Help grade assignments and help students with their assignments.
Productive and a learning experience working with a variety of different students.
Paraeducator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 29, 2016
I love the work I did. I enjoyed working with each and everyone of my students. I had the opportunity to teach at several after school programs as well as advise my own class. My everyday experience was challenging and exciting.
Pros
Free snacks from time to time.
Cons
Short breaks
great people
Elk Grove C.A. Guest Custodian (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CADecember 22, 2016
great in environment and the people at the school sites are friendly and everyone is very welcoming and also have a smile on there faces
Hard to get full time
Food and Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 11, 2016
Organized which i love, loved the students specially the regulars. Co workers were ok. Hardest part is finding the right school for you. I learned that you need to be on top of it in order to get hours.
Fun environment
Custodian II (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMarch 11, 2016
I enjoyed my time with this company as the staff was amazing to work with. My supervisor was very approachable and willing to teach and also understanding of any mistakes made.
Pros
Fun environment, overtime durring holdidays
Cons
hours changed day to day, weekend work, low hourly wage
We had alot of fun times.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMarch 7, 2016
I worked as a part-time floater then full-time part-time teacher's assistant. I am proud to say, that this district was one of the best ever. One of the main things, I learned was integrity and motivation to teach my own children about life and the many lessons, we all face each day. Outstanding staff, My favorite part of the job, was mentoring and testing Math and Reading. Spanish assistance was fun as well. We had several schedule events and I was part of the scheduling of field trips and school parties. The management was excellent. If I could return one day, I would thank, the Principals, all the teachers and other staff , for a wonderful experience, My time was a lifetime lesson. Thanks Elk Grove unified school district.
Pros
free lunches and events
Cons
shorter breaks always so busy.
stressful, unappreciative, dishonest.
Food and Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 2, 2016
If you had a problem, instead of listening and trying to find a solution, all they worried about is covering themselves by any means necessary, including lying.
Productive, Great place to work
Human Resources, Personnel Technician (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 24, 2015
I wouldn't work full time at any other place.

The best Managers ever. Everyone is very hard working and caring.

There is nothing more satisfying than working in public education, helping our children reach their full potentials.
Pros
Great Health Benefits
Cons
wonderful environment to work in
School Office Assistant ll (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 8, 2015
very demanding, able to work independently, very rewarding to work with the families, great benefits. Loved working with the staff, students, and parents.
Pros
rewarding, working independently
Cons
constant interruptions, very demanding
Advanced and a Joyful job
Para-Educator Substitute (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 19, 2015
I loved working with special needs children. They are so innocent and amazing that I would love going to work. They gave my life a meaning. I felt I was making a change in their lives. A positive one. It was more then a job for me they started to become my "Children" so to say. It was often challenging but they are just children, and I knew how to handle any situation to make it a better one.
A good steady job as a substitute custodian.
Substitute Custodian (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 12, 2015
Working for Elk Grove School District was a good experience for me. I had a chance to work at all of the schools in the district. A typical day for me was dumping trash, cleaning bathrooms and dusting.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Hard to get on as a permanent employee.