Elk Grove Unified School District Employee Reviews

pleasant place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Schedule Freedom.
I enjoy the freedom to make my own schedule, and teaching is great. I don't really have much else to comment on, but this is requiring more of a word count for my "review".
EGUSD
Para Educator (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: work when i want to
Cons: not always work
I really enjoy working for them. iJust wish i could get a permanent position. I get an assignement. Go to the school and work with students. I do whatever the teacher needs me to do.
Fun atmosphere
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: The friendly staff
I love waking everyday and going to work because of the people that I am surrounded by. With the great attitude and the support system at this school, it feels great to be surrounded by such wonderful people.
interactive with the coustomers and co workers
Stock Associate (Former Employee), sacramento,caApril 14, 2015
Pros: the experience
Cons: only have one break
I loved working through the school for walgreens and cvs pharmacy it gave me a great experience. to show me how to work in that type of environment
great schools district
Program Educator Substitute (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAFebruary 20, 2015
I love working with the Elk Grove Unified School District. The people are always friendly and professional. They value their work. It great to work with the families and students that attend the schools I worked for. The benefits and pay are very good as well.
EGUSD
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJanuary 31, 2015
I liked working for the school district. l loved my job. The pay was decent and it was nice meeting new people all the time. Always experiencing something new each day in different classrooms.
LOVE working with kids!
Para Educator (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJanuary 8, 2015
I loved working with kids, especially kids that need a little of extra help, love,and support. i would absolutely have stayed in the school district if I could live off the low paying salary.
Outstanding Job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Elk Grove ElemDecember 5, 2014
Working in this district has been nothing but a joy! I would recommend this district to anyone who is interested in teaching or anything that has to do with the school system.
Paraeducator
Para Educator (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAAugust 7, 2014
Love my job but the organization of the administration staff was horrible. They really need to work on communication
Fun Substitute Para Position
Literacy Tutor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 7, 2014
Pros: had many different experiences
Cons: substitute position so it was't reliable money
Employed at the Elk Grove School District as a para-educator substitute. I assisted teachers at various elementary schools.
I enjoy working in this district as it offers a variety of schools, and students.
Substitute Teacher, K-12 (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAApril 25, 2014
Cons: not a full time position.
There is not a typical day, the various schools in the district offer a variety of students from varied socioeconomic backgrounds as well as ethnicity.
fast moving ,fun job
Yard duty (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: working with the kids
Cons: short hours
I really enjoyed it and working with the kids i got to know lots of new people
fun place to work
sub food service worker (Current Employee), elk grove caJanuary 22, 2014
doesn't require a lot of maintenance. come in set p up and get ready for lunch time with the kids.
Great district to work for
Maintenance & Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CADecember 10, 2013
Pros: great personal reward of seeing students achieve
Cons: very large district
EGUSD is a very fast paced school district with over 62,000 students that does not loose focus as a district and sticks true to their mission. As a manager overseeing employees spread out our over 300 square miles time management and employee interaction was the most vital aspect of my position. Working in a school district the main focus and recognition is put towards the educating staff with little towards the maintenance and custodial staffs. So as a manager it was important to get my employees to see the bigger picture of giving ever student the opportunity to learn in a safe, clean, and stable environment for them to learn at their highest potential.
Great Employer
Intervention Educator (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 3, 2013
Career oriented. Full support from administration. Working with students and staff a plus. Good advancement options.
boring
Service Clerk (Former Employee), elk groveAugust 1, 2013
I liked the job but I had no one else to work with so it was kind of boring but I still kept up with my work
Good experience
Guest Teacher (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAMay 29, 2013
very flexible hours and you only hav to work when you choose to as a sub and you get to choose the classes and schools you attend
Public education system where I assisted children in their academic growth.
Para Educator (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAMay 2, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no health benefits
This is a wonderful and rewarding position that allowed me to grow in many areas.
Friendly and fun place to work.
LVN (Former Employee), Irene B. West Elem. School- Elk Grove, CAMarch 31, 2013
Pros: awesome schedule.
Cons: not enough hours per week, would like to work 8 hour days instead of 6 hour days.
A typical day at work would be busy, but fun. I learned a lot about diabetic care and insulin pumps. I had a wonderful manager who was very personable and made herself available to me when I needed her. I enjoyed working with teachers and students. The hardest part of the job was when you worked at a different school to cover someone else and figuring out another nurses routine, with children routine is very important. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with children on their independence and seeing them learn about their illness and how to take care of themselves. Most of the children really like the independence as they get around 2nd grade.
Productive Place
Office Assistance (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: great staff
Everyday, I answer phone calls, greet parents and guests, send out student files, and use office equipments- fax, copier and computer to complete daily tasks.