Elk Grove Unified School District Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Custodian II (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMarch 11, 2016
I enjoyed my time with this company as the staff was amazing to work with. My supervisor was very approachable and willing to teach and also understanding of any mistakes made.
Pros
Fun environment, overtime durring holdidays
Cons
hours changed day to day, weekend work, low hourly wage
We had alot of fun times.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMarch 7, 2016
I worked as a part-time floater then full-time part-time teacher's assistant. I am proud to say, that this district was one of the best ever. One of the main things, I learned was integrity and motivation to teach my own children about life and the many lessons, we all face each day. Outstanding staff, My favorite part of the job, was mentoring and testing Math and Reading. Spanish assistance was fun as well. We had several schedule events and I was part of the scheduling of field trips and school parties. The management was excellent. If I could return one day, I would thank, the Principals, all the teachers and other staff , for a wonderful experience, My time was a lifetime lesson. Thanks Elk Grove unified school district.
Pros
free lunches and events
Cons
shorter breaks always so busy.
stressful, unappreciative, dishonest.
Food and Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 2, 2016
If you had a problem, instead of listening and trying to find a solution, all they worried about is covering themselves by any means necessary, including lying.
wonderful environment to work in
School Office Assistant ll (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 8, 2015
very demanding, able to work independently, very rewarding to work with the families, great benefits. Loved working with the staff, students, and parents.
Pros
rewarding, working independently
Cons
constant interruptions, very demanding
Advanced and a Joyful job
Para-Educator Substitute (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 19, 2015
I loved working with special needs children. They are so innocent and amazing that I would love going to work. They gave my life a meaning. I felt I was making a change in their lives. A positive one. It was more then a job for me they started to become my "Children" so to say. It was often challenging but they are just children, and I knew how to handle any situation to make it a better one.
A good steady job as a substitute custodian.
Substitute Custodian (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 12, 2015
Working for Elk Grove School District was a good experience for me. I had a chance to work at all of the schools in the district. A typical day for me was dumping trash, cleaning bathrooms and dusting.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Hard to get on as a permanent employee.
Being a Paraeducator
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 8, 2015
A typical day at work would be organizing students with classroom academics and class rotation. I have learned about different techniques from my co-workers. The hardest part is when a student struggles and doesn't know how to ask for help. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the student understands the lesson. I love to see excitement on their face when scores are high!
Pros
Students academic growth
Cons
Students with special needs not being diagnosed.
Great learning experience
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CaliforniaOctober 7, 2015
In thins intenship, I am working with a Registered Dietician for a school district. I have helped her with day to day office work, data input, and helped with cooking classes for sixth grade students. Beyond that, the RD answers any quesions that I may have and helps guide me in future career decisions.
I am also working on a Needs Assessment, evaluating some of the various aspects to the nutrition education that the RD provides.
Pros
Learning a lot, different jobs everyday
Work Environment
Campus Supervisor (Classified Staff) (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 23, 2015
This school district has a really great work setting and rapport with all staff. They also have great tools that Campus Supervisors are able to use with little limitations that restrain our work.
Very fulfilling
Bus attendant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2015
I love this job, if I wasn't relocating I could and would make this a career I wish I could just transfer but my position isn't available in southern california
Pros
Wokring with disabled kids
Cons
Workplace drama over 200 employees
pleasant place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 24, 2015
I enjoy the freedom to make my own schedule, and teaching is great. I don't really have much else to comment on, but this is requiring more of a word count for my "review".
Pros
Schedule Freedom.
Egusd
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2015
I really enjoy working for them. iJust wish i could get a permanent position. I get an assignement. Go to the school and work with students. I do whatever the teacher needs me to do.
Pros
work when i want to
Cons
not always work
Fun atmosphere
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 19, 2015
I love waking everyday and going to work because of the people that I am surrounded by. With the great attitude and the support system at this school, it feels great to be surrounded by such wonderful people.
Pros
The friendly staff
interactive with the coustomers and co workers
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  sacramento,caApril 14, 2015
I loved working through the school for walgreens and cvs pharmacy it gave me a great experience. to show me how to work in that type of environment
Pros
the experience
Cons
only have one break
great schools district
Program Educator Substitute (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 20, 2015
I love working with the Elk Grove Unified School District. The people are always friendly and professional. They value their work. It great to work with the families and students that attend the schools I worked for. The benefits and pay are very good as well.
Egusd
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 31, 2015
I liked working for the school district. l loved my job. The pay was decent and it was nice meeting new people all the time. Always experiencing something new each day in different classrooms.
LOVE working with kids!
Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 8, 2015
I loved working with kids, especially kids that need a little of extra help, love,and support. i would absolutely have stayed in the school district if I could live off the low paying salary.
Outstanding Job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove ElemDecember 5, 2014
Working in this district has been nothing but a joy! I would recommend this district to anyone who is interested in teaching or anything that has to do with the school system.
Paraeducator
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAAugust 7, 2014
Love my job but the organization of the administration staff was horrible. They really need to work on communication
Fun Substitute Para Position
Literacy Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 7, 2014
Employed at the Elk Grove School District as a para-educator substitute. I assisted teachers at various elementary schools.
Pros
had many different experiences
Cons
substitute position so it was't reliable money

Elk Grove Unified School District Reviews by Location