Elk Valley Health Services Employee Reviews

Great Job
RN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 3, 2017
It was an awesome place to work. Everyone is friendly and the pay was good. they are understanding and good management. I love everyone I worked with at this company. they take care of you.
Awesome place
LPN Private Duty Home Health (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 26, 2017
This is a private duty home health job. The employers were very pleasant to work with. Will try to help you as much as possible with hours. Very very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
losing clients
Cons
great employer
Typical day
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, TNSeptember 4, 2017
Overall it is a GREAT place to work. Most of the people that work for Elk Valley are really nice and willing to work with anyone to keep them all happy, but they are strict with the rules like any company to work for.
Would not make a career of this job.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 28, 2017
Not enough nursing staff. Benefits are not competitive. Minimal opportunity for continued training. Minimal supervisor support. Cases are not worth the pay.
good
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2017
I learned how to care for pediatrics, management was awesome, workplace was good, hardest part was traveling, i enjoyed to position as a whole. This company is a awesome place to work for.
Pros
all was good
Cons
traveling
Productive company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 16, 2017
Wonderful place to work at an for. They go above an beyond for their patients and their employees. They do not under pay an provide great benifits for you and your family.
great place to work
homecare provider (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 5, 2017
highly recommended to others just not for me, good benefits, but didn't care for the schedulers some were very rude. once your case is over they don't tryand find you another one
Great Clients, Horrible Scheduler and Supervisor
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 27, 2017
If the scheduler decides that she does not like working around your availability, she will hire someone new and decrease your hours. When that person quits, she will increase your hours. If you need a set schedule, without having to drive almost 45 minutes to work, with a consistent scheduler, this is not the job for you.
Enjoyed working for this company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 10, 2017
Always looked forward to going to work. Company was very understanding and straight forward about what they expected. My supervisor was awesome. The hardest part of the job is getting close to patients and losing them.
Fun
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradford, TNMay 9, 2017
I've been with this company for 5 years, and have now finished school and working on the next journey in my life. They are good on keeping you up to date with things you need to do.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
Does not pay enough for everything you have to do
Very flexible hours
CERTIFIED NURSE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 12, 2017
I came on board with Elk Valley because I am a wife, mother of two, and am in pursuit of my master's degree. I love the flexibility and the pay is competitive for CNA's. I loved meeting new patients and caring for them. The job itself wasn't hard for that reason. I loved the patients. The turn off factor was having instances where pay day came and I didn't get paid. Management was sloppy and always had a poor excuse why my pay was short or didn't post to my account. Other co workers had experiences with this as well and corporate was notified often of these incidences. I needed to work part time but had to quit because getting paid, or getting paid accurately was becoming consistently inconsistent.
Pros
Flexible hours, meet sweet and friendly faces to care for
Cons
Not getting paid or paycheck was short
Very professional company, work place is outstanding.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 25, 2017
I love working with this company, my patient is very nice, we get along well with each other. This company always show appreciation and gratitude.
Pros
There's always communication.
Cons
Would like to meet more of the companies staff.
Great company
Licensed LPN (Current Employee) –  Benton County, TNJanuary 9, 2017
Great company, great supervisors. I actually enjoy working for Elk Valley. Benefits are pretty good. Insurance isn't too bad.
Productive and friendly
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 30, 2016
Would recommend other's to work there. I have no problems or complaints about this place. It is a very nice place to work with great benefits and competitive wages.
okay I guess
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paris, TNNovember 26, 2016
Hard time getting a job near by had to drive way to far. Just wish they had more patient load closer to my area. - very nice job other than that
Love the services our company provides
LPN (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 26, 2016
Elk Valley is owned by LHC Group
Valuable service offered
No cost of living raises, virtually no incentive raises
No opportunity for advancement at agency level
Management lacks positive leadership skills and demonstrates partiality
Pros
Stable employment, longevity, can transfer into other LHC positions
Cons
No tuition reimbureement
OK place to work
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2016
OK environment, can be negative sometimes with some staff members. Scheduling is a stressful job but most other staffers help you out with areas.
Pros
not in a busy area commute OK
Cons
negative employees
Provided health care to patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 14, 2016
Was a Certified Nursing Assistant and provided care to patients who needed care with their Activities of Daily Living. Some housekeeping and mainly companion to patient and what their needs were.
Pros
Loved job and people I met.
Cons
Patients families who were not nice to visiting staff.
Good company to work for.
Private Duty Pediatric Home Health LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 22, 2015
Elk Valley is a great company to work for. They are very supportive of their workers. They provide great benefits for both full and part time employees.
Enjoyed my patients very much but did not approve of the company itself.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNMay 13, 2015
Very disorganized, miscommunication in a lot of instances. Told different things about policies, etc. depending on who you were talking to,
Pros
decent pay
Cons
mis-communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elk Valley Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Elk Valley Health Services Reviews by Location