Elk Valley Health Services

Elk Valley Health Services Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my patients very much but did not approve of the company itself.
LPN (Former Employee), Jonesborough, TNMay 13, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: mis-communication
Very disorganized, miscommunication in a lot of instances. Told different things about policies, etc. depending on who you were talking to,
steady work with the same patients
LPN (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 2, 2015
Elk Valley has great benefits and also likes to work their employees full time with one case instead of bouncing you around on multiple cases. The rate of pay is lower than other companies but the benefits make the difference.
Unstable employment
LPN (Former Employee), TennesseeFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: unstable, pay often delayed, poor work environments usually
The pay is good however, you deal with difficult family members in most cases. Jobs are not stable, if you lose a case for whatever reason...family decides on different agency, patient passes away or improves...You're out of a job. They may takes days, weeks or even months to find you a new case if that even ever happens. Payroll is not dependable because it relies on notes. If mail is slow or they miss your email or fax you don't get paid for that day. May have to wait additional 2 weeks for those days to be paid.
The ability to cope with any problem
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 1, 2015
What a learn as a Certified Nursing assistant is to treat each person with kindness and respect. Each day was different depending on the client, maybe we started with homecare, or vitals, making sure appointments were kept, managing the schedule. My co-workers and I got along great we always tried to do what was best for the client. The last two years I worked alone. The best part of my job was the smile you would get from a client even though they couldn't speak, you knew they were listening and understanding with that smile. The hardest part was knowing at times there was nothing I could do to ease the pain or knowing that their time was coming to an end. I enjoy helping people whether it is caring for them or making their experience a pleasant one.
Nursing assignments, mostly in patient's home environment.
LPN (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 25, 2013
Pros: working with various cases and learning new things, good insurance
Cons: frequent travel, 12 hour shifts, patient family dramas
A typical day at work entails: assisting patients with daily needs, administering medications, giving treatments,positioning patients.
The working relationship is usually on a 1 to 1 basis. There is not much interaction with management, the nurse must be a self-starter and an independent thinker. The hardest part of the job, in my opinion, is interacting with various family members and maintaining a professional working relationship. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the progress the patient has made and realizing that you as a nurse, have made a difference.
The patients were very friendly
CNA (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 29, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: worked you just under full time with no benefits available
I helped patients in just about every aspect, from bathing and feeding to helping them clean up their homes, laundry...etc. I learned that it isn't possible to please everyone everyday but if you make an effort you have a high success rate. The RN's came and went, seemed like they weren't very permanent. The hardest part was losing my patients when they passed away but being able to put smiles on their faces everyday up until their passing was the most enjoyable.
What I enjoy and do in my work enviroment
CNA (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2013
Pros: if needing a day off for something your work calls for confirmation of shifts
Cons: short breaks, travel, no steady work, having to use telephony to clock in, worked by myself
Arriving to work getting your paper work assessing what needed to be done and getting started. Worked for a home health agency so I worked by myself. Having no other help with my job if needed would be the hardest part about the job. Most enjoyable was working with special needs children especially people who can not do for themselves.
To meet or exceed clients expectations daily.
LPN (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 23, 2013
Providing total pt. care. including use of ventilators,nebulzers, oxygen concentrators,pulse oximeters airway clearance systems and tracheal suction machines.Working as a team player to meet and exceed clients expectations on a daily basis and taking personal pride in a job well done.
Wonderful experience
LPN (Former Employee), Nashville TennesseeJanuary 29, 2013
I absolutely loved this job, however at the end i got burnt out from the demanding schedules and hours and the nonstability of more than a one to two week schedule. working day by day not knowing what next week brings got the best of my home life and my ability to have consistancy with my kids and family.
A great place to work
LPN (Former Employee), Nashville TennesseeJanuary 27, 2013
I loved Elk Valley, my experiences from working with the babies at this company is irreplaceable. The schedulers and management try their best to keep everyone happy. The hardest part of this job i believe was getting a set schedule that doesnt change every other week.
ACCTS RECEIVABLE MANAGER
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, tnJuly 27, 2012
Billing to primary and secondary Ins companies, Helping pts with there claims if needed, Co workers were great,
good experience
LPN (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2012
Pros: salary
Cons: sitting for long hours, no advancement
adminster meds and enteral feedings, monitor oxygen therapy and ventilator, give bath, trach and mickey care perform PROM and postioining every 2 hours, etc

Elk Valley Health Services Salaries