Elkay Manufacturing

Elkay Manufacturing Employer Reviews

Productive and fund working place
Warehouse coordinator (Current Employee), Aurora, CODecember 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks.
Inventory control, and productions scheduling. My co-worker are very professional and help out a lot which mostly improves production.
They are very fun to work with and they usually make me smile.

The hardest part of the Job job sometimes is when I am geared up and the software messes up and one has to wait to do reconfiguration which takes a lot – more... of time. However, the most enjoyable part is knowing so much of your effort is made easier just through the software when you imagine doing all that manually. – less
Worst company I have ever worked for
peon (Former Employee), Savanna, IllinoisOctober 17, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: you name it
This is the worst managed company I have ever worked for. Loyalty means nothing, moral is the lowest I have ever seen. You can forget about any raises after the first year. Even if you get a raise they can take money back the next review for any reason. They constantly hire new people because they can't get new hires to stay. Promotion is based on how – more... much butt you can kiss not on skills or education or ability. Favoritism is rampant. They change the vacation and attendance policy almost daily. They have lost a lot of good people in the last 3 years. Used to be a good place to work, not anymore. Currently they are looking for a product engineer, process engineer, senior buyer, CAD drafter, 2-3 shift maintenance, 1st shift maintenance, a maintenance manager, and numerous production people to name a few. Check the other elkay reviews, the good reviews come from oak brook which is the headquarters. People get days off no pay for anything they don't like. Now people are being threatened with 3 days off if the attitudes don't improve. Upper management in the Savanna plant have ruined that place. First line management is clueless. I could go on and on. – less
Good Starting Place
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILOctober 10, 2013
Its a great way to gain great experience. However, it is not a long term place to be.
stressful at times, ageing workforce
Maintenance Mechanic 3A (Current Employee), Broadview, ILJuly 25, 2013
Pros: paid lunches, and flexible hours
Cons: short staffed
great company, good benefits, family like atmosphere, a lot of turn over(salary personal), very old equipment, ageing workforce, repetitive tasks, minimal budget, flexible hours, not very welcoming to new employees, multi-union shop, and my daily travel is way too many miles
elkay one of the best place to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee), broadview illnoisJuly 17, 2013
Pros: benefits
very good company.they took care of their employes.i was very happy going to work each day.they had a good managment team.that always had time for the workers.and the co-workers were the best.every one was a team player.
Great place to work!!!!
Office Worker (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILApril 17, 2013
Pros: great people, atmosphere and values
In this crazy economic time we are living in, it is great to be able to work for a company you can truly be proud of. Elkay is such a company. It places great emphasis on its values. The number one value of the company is to be in business forever - how cool is that! Being a privately held, family owned company, there is not a lot of bureacracy to deal – more... with, so it makes it easy to get things done. The people are great, and I feel like the company cares about me. The compensation and benefits are very competitive. Overall, I love working here! – less
Challenging Environment
BU Finance Mgr-Home Center & Food Service Channels (Current Employee), Oak Brook, IllinoisFebruary 27, 2013
It was good to learn their manufacturing environment, which gave me valuable experience. Opportunities for problem solving and dealing with new and exciting issues were abundant. I am proud to be a part of a team that supplies important and worth-while products.
Lead Press Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Lumberton,ncJanuary 15, 2013
Very demanding;very rewarding;balanced family and work life.
great place to work and learn.
Director of IT (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: education and tranning was highly regarded.
Cons: high stress to meet projects.
being a department head had many challenges that tested your skills in several different areas. Creating frequent growth opportunities. The long range strategies planning was the most creative and satisfying parts of the job.
A good place to work
Corporate Distribution Manager (Current Employee), IllinoisDecember 28, 2012
Pros: financially secure, high ethics and values, treat people well
Cons: minimal opportunities for advancement, manufactures for the slow housing industry
The company is committed to producing high quality products.
A day in Human Resources
Corporate Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILOctober 29, 2012
Pros: employee appreciation, recognition, excellent benefits
Cons: long drive to work, not permanent
A day at work is spent recruiting people, typically via Linked IN recruiter. When I am not doing this - I interviewing candidates or working on other various hr projects, on open hire ( which is our employee and resume tracking system), or in meetings with hiring managers for the positions I am currently trying to fill.

I have learned a lot on recruitment, – more... business cases - and what to do while creating a new position, posting a position online, and how important team work and organization is.

With management, I feel it is important to not babysit others and let them learn and do on their own. I am a fast learner and work well in a fast paced environment and because of that it is important for management to have trust in their employees. This is an important value that they should carry with them in their style.

With co-workers communication and teamwork are two of the most important values one should hold - so everyone is on the same page. Projects are finished in a timely manner and we represent what the company stands for.

The hardest part of the job is having to leave at the end of the day, I love what I do. Having to part from it and go home and find a place to stop is difficult.

The most enjoyable part of my job is speaking with people and convincing them that they will love it there too. I am able to show them my passion for the company, and encourage them that they will have that same passion for the company that I have. – less
working with others
Line assembly (Former Employee), Savanna, ILMarch 22, 2012
Pros: easy work
Cons: low pay scale, no advancements in job
repetative job, typical factory work, made water cookers, saw a lot of changes while there.
Fast paced with various job tasks
Master Sprayer (Current Employee), Waconia, MNJanuary 9, 2012
Pros: fast paced, various job tasks, competitive wage
Cons: working third shift, short notice on overtime
Overall I do like this company because it is fast paced and keeps you moving, but there are some thing that they try to do that do not make sense to a lot of the employees.