ELKHORN CONSTRUCTION

ELKHORN CONSTRUCTION Employer Reviews

Decent job, horrible boss
Pipe liner (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: the boss
Boss is verbally abusive, racist and not worth working for. It doesnt matter what time of the day, he is always mad, yelling or cursing others. He would make fun of his workers just to try to make others laugh.
Questionable at best but a strong company.
Laborer/Apprentice Pipe Fitter (Former Employee), Evanston, WYSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: perdium
Elkhorn Construction is a good company with a solid work plan. However, the management part of the company when out in the field was very disorganized and seemed to not know which way was up. The staff was very friendly to a new person, such as myself, as were the foremen and the third party contractors. I divers work force of multiple nationalities and there was always someone willing to help.
My Beginning
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee), Longmont, COMarch 17, 2014
This is where I got my start in electrical.
Here I learned a lot from the journeyman that I was assigned to.
This company is will to teach anyone the trade.
good workplace.
Painter (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYFebruary 19, 2014
is a good workplace, not great pay, but you have a chance to grow as an employee.
get to know alot of hardworking/honest people but some crews are family filled and manipulate the system
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), seminole, texasFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: met alot hard working people
Cons: terrible management, alot of theft and manipulating accident/incident occurence
Overall a good work experience,but I was placed in a position to fail. As a safety professional you must put ethics and truth aside to suceed, I just couldnt. Management promotes unsafe work practices for the sake of production and doesnt really care about its employees.
They have great investment oportunities for the employee-owner after 3 years.
Roustabout Lead (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NMDecember 2, 2013
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: need not to be afraid to persue other jobs outside the current contracts.
Working in the field, SAFETY is my #1 priority. This line of work is not for some one just looking for a pay check... Its hard work and very competitive to stay ahead and build your reputation. Enjoy every day at the job with co-workers and, be the best you can be! It’s the employee that makes the company great, not the other way around... With that said; I love challenges in life and at work; but; as some one said: Treat your employees the way they need $$$$ to be treated according to their hard work and success, because if they are happy with, they will stay around...
Excellent Welding foreman/Superintendent
Welder (Former Employee), Colorado and TexasOctober 28, 2013
This job was in Colorado and Texas. I truly enjoyed working for Elkhorn. My welding foreman taught me a lot about pipelines. Really great company.
okay place to work
Journeyman Civil Hand (Former Employee), Seminole, TXApril 19, 2013
All we did was drive to dialysis appointments and sit and wait for the client only work 8 hours a day
very productive and safe work environment
Heavy Equipment Operator/Laborer/Welder (Former Employee), Watford City, NDFebruary 20, 2013
i learned alot from elkhorn. theyre all about giving the average joe a chance for advancement. your on a job site with many other co-workers and its like your working with your family when your at work
fun workplace
Contractor at Suncor Energy (Former Employee), Commerce city CoJanuary 14, 2013
I learned a lot from working with Elkhorn and I got a great experience
a great place to work
instrument technician (Former Employee), watford city ndJuly 12, 2012
Pros: good supervision
Cons: it was cold at times
worked 12 hrs at the end,was good working conditions
you always see new equiptment and learn how to set it up

a good team overall

working in the cold

getting to work with good people
Working to move up
Crew Pusher (Former Employee), Fort Lupton, COJuly 10, 2012
Pros: learning a lot
Cons: promotion was not available
The day at work was busy. I learned how and not how to manage personel. The co-workers were all great for the most part
good company but not much stability
HSE Safety Rep (Current Employee), Evans City, PAMay 14, 2012
I enjoy working for elkhorn. the job and pay is great but there is no consistant work and hours get cut.
ok
Roustabout Foreman (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NMApril 29, 2012
Boring!! not everyone had the best work ethics!! hardest part of my work day was just going.
Upper management is very clicky and has their favorites
Electrician (Former Employee), OklahomaMarch 14, 2012
Pros: benefits are decent and they are a safe company
Cons: low pay and poor management.
Been with them for over a year. Not too bad to work for, but the CFO is a hot head and all the execs have their favorite guys in the field. No matter what, the execs take their favorite employees word over the truth.

April 8, 2012

Elkhorn is a great company to work for. Employees are treated like owners, because they are. Like any great company, it's leadership is fair but intolerant of complacent, unsafe and unproductive individuals whose only motive is to get a paycheck. The CFO is a straight shooter who has been instrumental in accelerating company growth and profitability. Poor performers, "yes-men" and thin-skinned, laid back work ethic types need not apply.