ELKHORN CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Fun and productive workplace.
Construction Laborer (Former Employee), Riverton, WYAugust 11, 2015
I had a great time working with the company. My busiest times would be in the mornings when construction workers needed to pick up tools and at closing times when they returned the tools. My co-workers where great I enjoyed every day spent at work. The hardest part of the job was waking up at 4:00 a.m. to the cold weather.
Good company to work with
Pipefitter (Former Employee), North DakotaJuly 30, 2015
Pros: The management appreciated us & assisted us
Cons: there were none
The work environment was good and learnable management was very understandable and caring, A typical day at work was we had a morning meeting then the forman meet with there workers alighned out work for the day
Elkhorn Cont.
Welder's Helper/Pipefitter (Former Employee), Longmont, COMay 12, 2015
Was a good place to work just the fact of the oil fields dropping oil prices, there isnt any work at all.
Typical work day lead to getting my welders things out and ready for work. I learned a lot from fitting pipe to laying pipe in the ground.
good company
Pipefitter/Roustabout (Former Employee), Seminole, TXMay 5, 2015
no job security. good pay. you must be ale to relocate. more of a seasonal job. keep your eye on gas prices. they are long outside days but they are worth it
Review of Elkhorn Construction Company, LLC
Safety Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 25, 2015
Pros: Beginning of my Safety Career
Cons: Too much work for the time available.
A typical workday would begin by having a daily safety call from around the US discussing plans for the week. Then, my boss and I would discuss my plans for the week and I would travel to one of our local jobs or travel to a job by plane or driving to a job that was within driving distance.
Pretty good Company to work for.
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Evanston, WYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Profit Sharing employee owned company.
Cons: Unscheduled 15-16 hr days too often.
Operated 90ton Grove crane. Fairly productive most days, some days not so much due to poor preparation. Co-workers were knowledgeable and good to work with. Management was adequate but middle management could improve in task assignment. Tough days in Jan. and Feb. in North Dakota. Enjoyed the work as a whole.
If you can BS and talk a lot of nothing you are in. But if you work,they will let you go
Welder (Former Employee), Vernal, UTJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free water and ice
Cons: foreman stringent on breaks can't be longer than time unless you are in
Shop is clean and orderly,mostly family work here. So chance to work there long term is not possible. The shop foreman is not to keen on keeping his word,and unable to treat folks with respect.
Like my job
SAFETY COORDINATOR (Current Employee), williston ndOctober 23, 2014
Oversee several locations, each location has different struggles, I learn new things everyday. The hardest part of my job is feeling like I don't get support, The best part of my job are the people I work with
Decent job, horrible boss
Pipe liner (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: the boss
Boss is verbally abusive, racist and not worth working for. It doesnt matter what time of the day, he is always mad, yelling or cursing others. He would make fun of his workers just to try to make others laugh.
Questionable at best but a strong company.
Laborer/Apprentice Pipe Fitter (Former Employee), Evanston, WYSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: perdium
Elkhorn Construction is a good company with a solid work plan. However, the management part of the company when out in the field was very disorganized and seemed to not know which way was up. The staff was very friendly to a new person, such as myself, as were the foremen and the third party contractors. I divers work force of multiple nationalities and there was always someone willing to help.
My Beginning
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee), Longmont, COMarch 17, 2014
This is where I got my start in electrical.
Here I learned a lot from the journeyman that I was assigned to.
This company is will to teach anyone the trade.
good workplace.
Painter (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYFebruary 19, 2014
is a good workplace, not great pay, but you have a chance to grow as an employee.
get to know alot of hardworking/honest people but some crews are family filled and manipulate the system
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), seminole, texasFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: met alot hard working people
Cons: terrible management, alot of theft and manipulating accident/incident occurence
Overall a good work experience,but I was placed in a position to fail. As a safety professional you must put ethics and truth aside to suceed, I just couldnt. Management promotes unsafe work practices for the sake of production and doesnt really care about its employees.
They have great investment oportunities for the employee-owner after 3 years.
Roustabout Lead (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NMDecember 2, 2013
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: need not to be afraid to persue other jobs outside the current contracts.
Working in the field, SAFETY is my #1 priority. This line of work is not for some one just looking for a pay check... Its hard work and very competitive to stay ahead and build your reputation. Enjoy every day at the job with co-workers and, be the best you can be! It’s the employee that makes the company great, not the other way around... With that said; I love challenges in life and at work; but; as some one said: Treat your employees the way they need $$$$ to be treated according to their hard work and success, because if they are happy with, they will stay around...
Excellent Welding foreman/Superintendent
Welder (Former Employee), Colorado and TexasOctober 28, 2013
This job was in Colorado and Texas. I truly enjoyed working for Elkhorn. My welding foreman taught me a lot about pipelines. Really great company.
okay place to work
Journeyman Civil Hand (Former Employee), Seminole, TXApril 19, 2013
All we did was drive to dialysis appointments and sit and wait for the client only work 8 hours a day
very productive and safe work environment
Heavy Equipment Operator/Laborer/Welder (Former Employee), Watford City, NDFebruary 20, 2013
i learned alot from elkhorn. theyre all about giving the average joe a chance for advancement. your on a job site with many other co-workers and its like your working with your family when your at work
fun workplace
Contractor at Suncor Energy (Former Employee), Commerce city CoJanuary 14, 2013
I learned a lot from working with Elkhorn and I got a great experience
a great place to work
instrument technician (Former Employee), watford city ndJuly 12, 2012
Pros: good supervision
Cons: it was cold at times
worked 12 hrs at the end,was good working conditions
you always see new equiptment and learn how to set it up

a good team overall

working in the cold

getting to work with good people
Working to move up
Crew Pusher (Former Employee), Fort Lupton, COJuly 10, 2012
Pros: learning a lot
Cons: promotion was not available
The day at work was busy. I learned how and not how to manage personel. The co-workers were all great for the most part