Elliot Hospital

Elliot Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Lack of support from Management but plenty of negativity
PSR (Former Employee), ManchesterMarch 25, 2015
Pros: N/a
Cons: No breaks and critically understaffed
Both HR and management need to be totally replaced, which in itself has a high turnover. The Elliot is very divided and communication is horrible at the management level. Lack of respect and condescending demeanor towards staff is deplorable. Compensation is not competitive with other healthcare systems.
Staff works diligently and have great compassion for patients, they deserve better.
It is time for the Elliot to change the "Elliot way".
Worst place to work Revolving Door here
Lab work (Former Employee), Elliot HospitalMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything, no real employee parking area
They say they are willing to work with you with hours. You have explained them very clearly what you needed. Apparently they are only out for their needs even though you are more than willing to work for them, but when it comes right down to it its them or the door. They also do not sympathize with personal issues you either get your butt to work or you are fired. Even when you asked if you pick up another shirt to make up for the one lost nope either its the one you were scheduled for or nothing. Oh and good luck on parking you will never find any.
horrible management and human resources
LNA (Former Employee), VNAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: earned time
Cons: over worked & under paid. abusive management
Most in management abuse their power. Human resources will always side with management no matter what. Always in fear of losing your job.
In the department I worked in it was so much work unfair compensation and management looked to mistreat you because of the turn around rate.
Patient transporter (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great patients, time flew working with patients.
Cons: managements was terrible, human resources didnt work to help the employees at all.
The elliot hospital staff as a whole is a decent hospital with great staff. The transport department is a whole different story. Now a typical day at work was a hard days work which i loved. Especially interacting with all sorts of patients with different problems and getting to know them as their stay at the hospital progressed. We transported patients from all floors to all testing departments.

I learned alot from the job because i was exposed to every department and all sorts of patients. People skills and putting on a happy face and making happy conversation to brighten up someones day was a must and we learned it quick. Being fast and efficient at the job even when moving 500+ pounds was a necessity and you had to be good at it. Organization skills of hospital equipment, time management, learning how to use patients lifting and moving equipment. How to move patients properly.

Management was a joke in my department they had no problem doing nothing about taking care of problems you had they expected you to work through rather than do anything to help they employee do their jobs better. They had no problem changing your schedule without notifying you to better suit their needs whether you could work that day or not. There was no praise for going above and beyond but the smallest mistake was critically scrutinized. No matter how many shifts you picked up people you helped if you called out one day with doctors note or not for a legitimate reason you were called into the office and written up. I was written up when i had to call out because of my fathers death. Which was – more... disgusting. I put in a letter of resignation after about 2 years just for HR to say no we need you we can work around your schedule (it was the holiday season) and we will talk to management. Once the holidays were over i was called into the office and fired for a reason that did not happen. They use their employees treat them as they are expendable to scare them into doing whatever they say. They are terrible people and HR collaborates with them just as menacingly while acting like they are. Having said that I loved doing my job and I loved my patients.

The turn around rate was so bad that you never knew who you were going to work with and most of the time they didnt do the job correctly and it came down on the veterans not the new people and when i say we had new people every couple months and people leave every couple months its not a joke. Mostly due to management lying about what your hours would be and making you work something you stated you could not do.

Hardest part of the Job was dealing with managements constant negative reinforcement while doing your best and being called the best transporter in the department on all the floors of the hospital, I enjoyed the hard patients like 500+ pounds and ICU patients its was fun and i learned a lot from the harder runs.

The most enjoyable and special experience i got daily from this job was the relationship with the patients. Meeting new ones, and especially repeat patients who would request you by name because they had such a good experience with you. I miss working in an environment like that. – less
stressful management with lack of support
RN (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 11, 2015
Cons: everything
Always fear losing job, management only cares about numbers and money not quality. Mandated on OT numerous times despite safety of ability to care for patients.
productive work place
Order Entry Rep (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 4, 2015
• Gathers and documents demographic on all patients and patient specimens receiving laboratory services.
• Obtains, consents, assignment of benefits and appropriate releases
hospital
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: non
Very fast pace company but great team and co workers was
always there
VERY EDUCATIONAL
Laboratory- Client Service Representative (Current Employee), MANCHESTER NHSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: required breaks for destressing
PATIENT CARE IS NUMBER ONE, WORKED CLOSELY WITH RESULTS TO DOCTORS AND NURSES, 300 CLIENT OFFICES, PATIENT CARE, AND PATIIENT ORDER ENTERY WITH GREAT ATTENTION TO DETAIL ON ALL REQUIREMENTS FOR LAB DRAWS.
Great place to work with supportive staff alway eager to educate.
Laboratory Aide I /II (Current Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good benefit packages, shift differentials, pay incentive
Cons: short breaks, economical struggle in healthcare causing budget cuts affecting all employees
- I worked second shift which is one of the busiest shifts in terms of in and outpatient volume. We service many outpatient clinics and doctors offices so we have a lot of processing being done. I usually do a rotation of ordering and receiving, aliquotting specimen, delivering specimen, and collecting completed specimen for tubetracking.

-I have learned a lot as far as the functions throughout the lab and how each department aids in the identification of disease.

-Overall management works well but with many female-dominated workplaces there tends to be cliques and favoritism.

-My coworkers enjoy sharing their knowledge and are very helpful in assisting with workflow

-The most difficult part of the job is having the ability to multitask and prioritize.

-The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are making a difference in healthcare.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 4, 2014
This is great company to work for. I would recommend to anyone looking.
great hands on work experience
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 23, 2014
I gained experience at the facility that I believe I am lucky to have.
Great Hospital
Staff RN (Current Employee), manchester nhJuly 6, 2014
Love working for the Elliot. Great place to learn and grow as an RN.
Stressful environment with a subculture of fear of losing your job
RN in a Womens' and Childrens' department (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 19, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: poor management
Unrealistic management completely focused on money with no appreciation for staff. Quality patient care only valued by staff nurses.
Could be a good place to work!
RN BSN (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 21, 2014
Pros: hours
Most staff nice. Orientation limited as one staff RN "Doesn't like to orient." Manager not helpful.
Great Pharmacy Department
Pharmacist Resident (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 29, 2014
The pharmacy team at Elliot is fantastic. This institution offers experience in progressive pharmacy practice that will prepare you for the future of pharmacy.
LNA Float
LNA (Former Employee), Manchester nhMarch 14, 2014
Great Place to work, Great team work and support, great wages and benefits. always had hours.
Great
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 27, 2014
I really liked working here. Has some problems but overall really fun and great enviorment.
Elliot Hospital is top notch in all areas I have been apart of
Polysomnographic Technician (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 18, 2014
The Elliot Hospital is very helpful in helping their employees grow. They indorse education and really care about their employees and patients. The Elliot has made a good habit out of finding the right people for the job they need to hire for.
Busy but a managable day
Advanced Medical Assistant/Medical Assistant II (Former Employee), Manchester, NHNovember 7, 2013
Not every day was the same. I worked primarily in psychiatry and on my off days I floated to various Elliot offices which included Internal Med, Family Practice, Pediatric, Geriatric, and all Specialty practices.

When I went to work daily - to me it was therapy. I NEVER had a bad day at work no matter how stressful it was. I loved my job and miss it more than you can imagine. I learned a lot from the providers, staff and the patients. I can honestly say I worked at the Elliot for 12 or 13 years and never felt that I did not want to go in to work - just because I did not feel like it. I was a dedicated employee.

I would go in to work daily at 7:30am and hit the floor running. Between the walk in patients, calls, and patients scheduled for appts not every day was the same. Yes, I had some rough calls with suicidal patients but was able to talk them down and get the help they need. Follow thru care is key.

The downfall floating in to other offices is not knowing the end result. For example: If a patient came in to the Breast Center and diagnosed with cancer. I would have no idea what their status is and/or unable to provide continuing care, treatment, and compassion to that patient.

Overall, in the mental health office and all offices I worked in I feel we worked well as a team I am never afraid to ask anyone anything to get the answers I need for myself, the provider, or the patient.

I am currently looking for this same work experience within a new facility.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Debbie
typical day at work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: per diem, computer documentation
Cons: variations of care per provider
Typically a busy day doing triage in primary care offices. People are always available to ask questions as needed.I have learned with working in several different offices, that you need to get as much information as possible to paint a complete picture of the patient and that can be difficult at times due to time constraints and decision making. It is enjoying to see patients getting the care they deserve in a timely fashion.

About Elliot Hospital

Elliot Health System provides medical care to southern New Hampshire. The health care organization operates Elliot Hospital, an – Read more