Elliot Hospital Employee Reviews

Bad Management
PSR (Former Employee), rivers edgeJune 27, 2015
Pros: Good people I worked with
Cons: Overworked, bad management
I learned a lot working here , but the management had other ideas for my job. I liked my job but was laid off based on my managers idea of what they wanted. Not what was good for the company.
No loyalty to staff
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 24, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: understaffed
In light of recent management changes workload increased dramatically with little encouragement or recognition from management. It resulted in a very stressful and dangerous work environment. My coworkers however were so dedicated and diligent in their work ethics. I truly respected them and they made me feel my expertise was very valued and needed.
Toxic environment
Finance (Former Employee), FinanceMay 22, 2015
Pros: Co-workers are great
Cons: Complete lack of work ethics from management
Total lack of communication from management. Focus is on profit, not employees. No work/life balance at all. No training program.
A great place to work...
Unit Secretary - Emergency Department (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMay 4, 2015
Elliot Hospital has been my home for years now, and has shown me what true quality of patient care consists of. The staff is fantastic to work with, and management is always involved and encouraging when it comes to improving quality and advancing of careers. I have learned so much from this facility and the staff, and highly suggest it as a reputable, rewarding place of work.
Lack of support from Management but plenty of negativity
PSR (Former Employee), ManchesterMarch 25, 2015
Pros: N/a
Cons: No breaks and critically understaffed
Both HR and management need to be totally replaced, which in itself has a high turnover. The Elliot is very divided and communication is horrible at the management level. Lack of respect and condescending – more... demeanor towards staff is deplorable. Compensation is not competitive with other healthcare systems.
Staff works diligently and have great compassion for patients, they deserve better.
It is time for the Elliot to change the "Elliot way". – less
Worst place to work Revolving Door here
Lab work (Former Employee), Elliot HospitalMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything, no real employee parking area
They say they are willing to work with you with hours. You have explained them very clearly what you needed. Apparently they are only out for their needs even though you are more than willing to work for – more... them, but when it comes right down to it its them or the door. They also do not sympathize with personal issues you either get your butt to work or you are fired. Even when you asked if you pick up another shirt to make up for the one lost nope either its the one you were scheduled for or nothing. Oh and good luck on parking you will never find any. – less
horrible management and human resources
LNA (Former Employee), VNAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: earned time
Cons: over worked & under paid. abusive management
Most in management abuse their power. Human resources will always side with management no matter what. Always in fear of losing your job.
In the department I worked in it was so much work unfair compensation and management looked to mistreat you because of the turn around rate.
Patient transporter (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great patients, time flew working with patients.
Cons: managements was terrible, human resources didnt work to help the employees at all.
The elliot hospital staff as a whole is a decent hospital with great staff. The transport department is a whole different story. Now a typical day at work was a hard days work which i loved. Especially – more... interacting with all sorts of patients with different problems and getting to know them as their stay at the hospital progressed. We transported patients from all floors to all testing departments.

I learned alot from the job because i was exposed to every department and all sorts of patients. People skills and putting on a happy face and making happy conversation to brighten up someones day was a must and we learned it quick. Being fast and efficient at the job even when moving 500+ pounds was a necessity and you had to be good at it. Organization skills of hospital equipment, time management, learning how to use patients lifting and moving equipment. How to move patients properly.

Management was a joke in my department they had no problem doing nothing about taking care of problems you had they expected you to work through rather than do anything to help they employee do their jobs better. They had no problem changing your schedule without notifying you to better suit their needs whether you could work that day or not. There was no praise for going above and beyond but the smallest mistake was critically scrutinized. No matter how many shifts you picked up people you helped if you called out one day with doctors note or not for a legitimate reason you were called into the office and written up. I was written up when i had to call out because of my fathers death. Which was disgusting. I put in a letter of resignation after about 2 years just for HR to say no we need you we can work around your schedule (it was the holiday season) and we will talk to management. Once the holidays were over i was called into the office and fired for a reason that did not happen. They use their employees treat them as they are expendable to scare them into doing whatever they say. They are terrible people and HR collaborates with them just as menacingly while acting like they are. Having said that I loved doing my job and I loved my patients.

The turn around rate was so bad that you never knew who you were going to work with and most of the time they didnt do the job correctly and it came down on the veterans not the new people and when i say we had new people every couple months and people leave every couple months its not a joke. Mostly due to management lying about what your hours would be and making you work something you stated you could not do.

Hardest part of the Job was dealing with managements constant negative reinforcement while doing your best and being called the best transporter in the department on all the floors of the hospital, I enjoyed the hard patients like 500+ pounds and ICU patients its was fun and i learned a lot from the harder runs.

The most enjoyable and special experience i got daily from this job was the relationship with the patients. Meeting new ones, and especially repeat patients who would request you by name because they had such a good experience with you. I miss working in an environment like that. – less
stressful management with lack of support
RN (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 11, 2015
Cons: everything
Always fear losing job, management only cares about numbers and money not quality. Mandated on OT numerous times despite safety of ability to care for patients.
productive work place
Order Entry Rep (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 4, 2015
• Gathers and documents demographic on all patients and patient specimens receiving laboratory services.
• Obtains, consents, assignment of benefits and appropriate releases
hospital
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: non
Very fast pace company but great team and co workers was
always there
VERY EDUCATIONAL
Laboratory- Client Service Representative (Current Employee), MANCHESTER NHSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: required breaks for destressing
PATIENT CARE IS NUMBER ONE, WORKED CLOSELY WITH RESULTS TO DOCTORS AND NURSES, 300 CLIENT OFFICES, PATIENT CARE, AND PATIIENT ORDER ENTERY WITH GREAT ATTENTION TO DETAIL ON ALL REQUIREMENTS FOR LAB DRAWS.
Great place to work with supportive staff alway eager to educate.
Laboratory Aide I /II (Current Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good benefit packages, shift differentials, pay incentive
Cons: short breaks, economical struggle in healthcare causing budget cuts affecting all employees
- I worked second shift which is one of the busiest shifts in terms of in and outpatient volume. We service many outpatient clinics and doctors offices so we have a lot of processing being done. I usually – more... do a rotation of ordering and receiving, aliquotting specimen, delivering specimen, and collecting completed specimen for tubetracking.

-I have learned a lot as far as the functions throughout the lab and how each department aids in the identification of disease.

-Overall management works well but with many female-dominated workplaces there tends to be cliques and favoritism.

-My coworkers enjoy sharing their knowledge and are very helpful in assisting with workflow

-The most difficult part of the job is having the ability to multitask and prioritize.

-The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are making a difference in healthcare. – less
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 4, 2014
This is great company to work for. I would recommend to anyone looking.
great hands on work experience
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 23, 2014
I gained experience at the facility that I believe I am lucky to have.
Great Hospital
Staff RN (Current Employee), manchester nhJuly 6, 2014
Love working for the Elliot. Great place to learn and grow as an RN.
Stressful environment with a subculture of fear of losing your job
RN in a Womens' and Childrens' department (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 19, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: poor management
Unrealistic management completely focused on money with no appreciation for staff. Quality patient care only valued by staff nurses.
Could be a good place to work!
RN BSN (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 21, 2014
Pros: hours
Most staff nice. Orientation limited as one staff RN "Doesn't like to orient." Manager not helpful.
Great Pharmacy Department
Pharmacist Resident (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 29, 2014
The pharmacy team at Elliot is fantastic. This institution offers experience in progressive pharmacy practice that will prepare you for the future of pharmacy.
LNA Float
LNA (Former Employee), Manchester nhMarch 14, 2014
Great Place to work, Great team work and support, great wages and benefits. always had hours.