Elliot Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

great place with hardworking team players
Licensed Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NH 03103March 29, 2016
Collaborate with Nursing Staff and other Patient Oriented Staff on Patient Care.
Co-workers are always helpful.
Helping others is a very rewarding task.
Elliot Hospital
LNA (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 13, 2016
Great place to start your medical career. Everyone is very welcoming and a team player. You are able to learn a lot. If you love you help people, this is the place for you.
Mediocre at best
Allied health staff (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 3, 2016
Elliot Hospital use to be a good employer. Any member of HR was easily available to answer any question and help employees with their concerns. Not so anymore. Benefits were good. Salary increases were good. Management was good.

Over the years though, benefits have eroded significantly and hold on to your wallet if you seek care outside of the Elliot network. They also significantly reduce paid time off for all employees...even the ones who had been there for decades. 403b/401k match is not competitive.

Management is inaccessible and doesn't seem to be too bothered by what happens outside of management. While the 403b/401k match has been reduced to almost nothing, don't worry! They managed to pad their own retirement savings with a 457b plan only available to directors and above.

Technology? What technology? They have a lot of medical equipment that should have been replaced years ago. Computers, network, WiFi,...all need a significant upgrade.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Benefits are sub-par
Negative Culture, poor work/life balance, no respect for those at the beside.
staff (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 13, 2016
What a dump! I wouldn't let my dead dog in that place. Not because of the practitioners, nurses, or other health professionals, but because of the fools in management that run the place.

Let's just say, there are better places to work.
Pros
Clean bathrooms
Cons
Everything else
Dpt managers are puppets
technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 3, 2016
Dpt managers seem to have no power at all. I had a "team" member doing everything possibly wrong but was protected by upper level management who were never in the dpt. Things that could have been sued for if they happened to the wrong person and not just one instance but many. Employee was eventually terminated but not until caught red handed and after the loss of three good employees.
I saw the director 3 times in a whole year. Each time they were there they were explaining that some one was fired. Dpt manager had no right to hire or fire and was really just a target for when things went wrong.
Absolutely no process improvement. Severely understaffed yet when something went wrong... that was never the issue. It was your performance.
If it wasn't for the rest of my team I would have given one star.
Pros
immidiet co workers
Cons
management that think they can manage without being in the dpt
decent place to work but wishy washy management
IT (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 12, 2015
The middle management is not very clear in his expectations. I found him very difficult to work for. He was easily influenced by senior team members. His expectations were set too high and he expected too much time outside of normal working hours.

The IT staff was a decent group with a well rounded skill set. Most were easy to work with some were not. The department would be better off with new management.
Pros
good potential to learn new tech
Cons
middle management and arrogant staff
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 21, 2015
Good environment to work at.
Good co workers
Many areas to learn and work at
Had a few different shifts to pick from
Clean environment
Works at keeping the employees happy
Very bad place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentOctober 16, 2015
Worked at this hospital for 18 years, finally woke up and gave my 2 week notice to this terrible place and happily, never looked back. Over the past several years, staff have lost a lot of compensation gains they had earned over the past 10 - 15 years. Worse however than these net losses such as grossly diminished earned time hours and tuition reimbursement dollars, meager education offerings,and common short- staffing horrors - most of the managers and leadership teams are incredibly arrogant and nasty to each other as well as to their underlings. Bulling thrives throughout the facility so you must always watch your back - a common saying there: "stay under the wire" staff are frequently reminding each other of this sad fact.
I can't tell you how many good people have been fired, or "laid off" from this place (hundreds over the past few years) or why many have been victimized here but, perhaps it is because the less than stellar manager(s) appear to be intimidated by someone more intelligent than they? I don't really know, but the Elliot has chosen this horrific management style for whatever reason. If you get caught mentioning those poor unfortunate (fired) people it or asking what happened to them you are told to keep your mouth shut or you will be next.
There is a new CEO but I have heard that the place continues to go down hill with awful moral .
Pros
none left
Cons
being hired
No work-life balance
Nurse (Current Employee) –  EHSSeptember 11, 2015
New CEO took over and the entire culture of the hospital changed. Poor morale, no synergy, poor management. No work life balance.
Pros
Salary
Cons
no lunch breaks, health insurance
demoralizing, unproductive, non-supportive
To assist Doctors, RN's, NNP's (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 20, 2015
Management not available for employees and constant overwhelming call shifts, short staffed. When speaking with management about a potential situation or looking for resolution to an issue we are told that we should be happy to have a job.

Management very defensive and abuse of power. A lot of red tape and politics. Very difficult to get ahead in personal growth and development.

Floor staff were wonderful and I enjoyed my job on the unit but it was a high stress job in critical care environment that is always short-staffed.

Loved interaction with my patients, families, and worked with a great team of floor staff that worked hard to give the best possible care to our patients with limited resources.

The most difficult part of the job was balancing emotional situations due to a loss of a patient and helping families with their loss.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
healthcare, benefits, difficult to advance
Bad Management
PSR (Former Employee) –  rivers edgeJune 27, 2015
I learned a lot working here , but the management had other ideas for my job. I liked my job but was laid off based on my managers idea of what they wanted. Not what was good for the company.
Pros
Good people I worked with
Cons
Overworked, bad management
No loyalty to staff
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 24, 2015
In light of recent management changes workload increased dramatically with little encouragement or recognition from management. It resulted in a very stressful and dangerous work environment. My coworkers however were so dedicated and diligent in their work ethics. I truly respected them and they made me feel my expertise was very valued and needed.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
understaffed
Toxic environment
Finance (Former Employee) –  FinanceMay 22, 2015
Total lack of communication from management. Focus is on profit, not employees. No work/life balance at all. No training program.
Pros
Co-workers are great
Cons
Complete lack of work ethics from management
A great place to work...
Unit Secretary - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 4, 2015
Elliot Hospital has been my home for years now, and has shown me what true quality of patient care consists of. The staff is fantastic to work with, and management is always involved and encouraging when it comes to improving quality and advancing of careers. I have learned so much from this facility and the staff, and highly suggest it as a reputable, rewarding place of work.
Lack of support from Management but plenty of negativity
PSR (Former Employee) –  ManchesterMarch 25, 2015
Both HR and management need to be totally replaced, which in itself has a high turnover. The Elliot is very divided and communication is horrible at the management level. Lack of respect and condescending demeanor towards staff is deplorable. Compensation is not competitive with other healthcare systems.
Staff works diligently and have great compassion for patients, they deserve better.
It is time for the Elliot to change the "Elliot way".
Pros
N/a
Cons
No breaks and critically understaffed
Worst place to work Revolving Door here
Lab work (Former Employee) –  Elliot HospitalMarch 17, 2015
They say they are willing to work with you with hours. You have explained them very clearly what you needed. Apparently they are only out for their needs even though you are more than willing to work for them, but when it comes right down to it its them or the door. They also do not sympathize with personal issues you either get your butt to work or you are fired. Even when you asked if you pick up another shirt to make up for the one lost nope either its the one you were scheduled for or nothing. Oh and good luck on parking you will never find any.
Pros
Cons
Everything, no real employee parking area
horrible management and human resources
LNA (Former Employee) –  VNAMarch 11, 2015
Most in management abuse their power. Human resources will always side with management no matter what. Always in fear of losing your job.
Pros
earned time
Cons
over worked & under paid. abusive management
In the department I worked in it was so much work unfair compensation and management looked to mistreat you because of the turn around rate.
Patient transporter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 18, 2015
The elliot hospital staff as a whole is a decent hospital with great staff. The transport department is a whole different story. Now a typical day at work was a hard days work which i loved. Especially interacting with all sorts of patients with different problems and getting to know them as their stay at the hospital progressed. We transported patients from all floors to all testing departments.

I learned alot from the job because i was exposed to every department and all sorts of patients. People skills and putting on a happy face and making happy conversation to brighten up someones day was a must and we learned it quick. Being fast and efficient at the job even when moving 500+ pounds was a necessity and you had to be good at it. Organization skills of hospital equipment, time management, learning how to use patients lifting and moving equipment. How to move patients properly.

Management was a joke in my department they had no problem doing nothing about taking care of problems you had they expected you to work through rather than do anything to help they employee do their jobs better. They had no problem changing your schedule without notifying you to better suit their needs whether you could work that day or not. There was no praise for going above and beyond but the smallest mistake was critically scrutinized. No matter how many shifts you picked up people you helped if you called out one day with doctors note or not for a legitimate reason you were called into the office and written up. I was written up when i had to call out because of my fathers death. Which was
  more... disgusting. I put in a letter of resignation after about 2 years just for HR to say no we need you we can work around your schedule (it was the holiday season) and we will talk to management. Once the holidays were over i was called into the office and fired for a reason that did not happen. They use their employees treat them as they are expendable to scare them into doing whatever they say. They are terrible people and HR collaborates with them just as menacingly while acting like they are. Having said that I loved doing my job and I loved my patients.

The turn around rate was so bad that you never knew who you were going to work with and most of the time they didnt do the job correctly and it came down on the veterans not the new people and when i say we had new people every couple months and people leave every couple months its not a joke. Mostly due to management lying about what your hours would be and making you work something you stated you could not do.

Hardest part of the Job was dealing with managements constant negative reinforcement while doing your best and being called the best transporter in the department on all the floors of the hospital, I enjoyed the hard patients like 500+ pounds and ICU patients its was fun and i learned a lot from the harder runs.

The most enjoyable and special experience i got daily from this job was the relationship with the patients. Meeting new ones, and especially repeat patients who would request you by name because they had such a good experience with you. I miss working in an environment like that.
Pros
great patients, time flew working with patients.
Cons
managements was terrible, human resources didnt work to help the employees at all.
stressful management with lack of support
RN (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 11, 2015
Always fear losing job, management only cares about numbers and money not quality. Mandated on OT numerous times despite safety of ability to care for patients.
Cons
everything
productive work place
Order Entry Rep (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 4, 2015
• Gathers and documents demographic on all patients and patient specimens receiving laboratory services.
• Obtains, consents, assignment of benefits and appropriate releases

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elliot Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9