Elliot Hospital Employee Reviews

Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 3, 2017
Mangers are great, caring people. Not much room to grow, and pay is low. Can be a harsh working environment with co workers, but very busy atmosphere.
i liked the hrs
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 2, 2017
i worked with nice people and i liked the hours. i left because i wanted to do something different like manufacturing. i did not want to clean anymore
Emergency Dept
Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 24, 2017
The Elliot was not welcoming as a new employee, staff were certainly not friendly at first, feel like you have to earn the privilege to breathe around certain people. Management sided with certain employees and your voice is never heard.You can give your heart and soul, be incredible at what you do as an employee and at the end of the day what really pushes you away is the lack of support from your coworkers if you show any form of independent knowledge. People let personal issues become way too involved in working relationships. Otherwise, I loved the consensus of patients I worked with and the high acuity, the benefits as far as vision and dental go are okay.
Sometimes slow pace environment
Lna (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 31, 2017
Worked as an LNA which required lots of heavy lifting and overall care to the patients.This job is very important in the sense that the nurses would have a lot more work to do without the help of the LNA's.
Pros
flexible student hours
Cons
Low pay for high demand work
it is ok
HIM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 24, 2017
• Identifies trends and opportunities to improve the accuracy of medical record documentation.
• Establishes and maintains a system to track and analyze outcomes of documentation improvement program.
• Participates in performance improvement activities related to the operational processes for the Clinical Documentation Performance Improvement Program.
• Tracks documentation issues by the employee and communicates with clinical management staff regarding employees with repeated documentation issues.
Stressful environment, no support from administration
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 19, 2017
Staff retention and skill mix is poor due to lack of support from administration. Staff to patient ratios are not safe, floors are always understaffed and overworked.
Pros
Good doctors
Cons
Always busy! Stressful environment
Lab Registrar
Lab Registrar (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 13, 2017
Registrar for laboratory services. Registered 30-50 patients daily. Did some medical coding and other related paper work. The staff I worked with was fantastic. Also got to know many of the patients and made it all that much enjoyable to work.
Pros
Great coworkers, interaction with patients, atonomy
Cons
Management and rest of dept was at main hospital office, If staff meetings had to travel, volume of work to complete once returned to my office
friendly staff, good benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 9, 2017
I work 7PM - 7AM and every other weekend. This is the hardest part of my job. This schedule is difficult to get used to and I find it difficult with maintaining my family life.
Very supportive work environment
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 31, 2017
I value the work I do @ Elliot Hospital; it has it's challenges but there is a lot of respect for the work that Case Managers do in this hospital. Elliot has great benefits and supports it's employees fairly.
Productive and positive work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 17, 2017
I have been a team member of the Medical Staff Services Department for a few months now. I use the term 'team member' because that truly is what we are. I have never been a part of a more supportive team during my professional career. The Director and Manager within the department are incredibly knowledgeable, and eager to pass on that knowledge. Each day I am encouraged, supported and most importantly - appreciated in my position as an Analyst. Sunday night rolls around and I no longer dread Monday morning, I look forward to going to work each and every day! I read a review previously that was incredibly negative, it almost deterred me from applying to this position. A negative mind, creates a negative atmosphere. I am grateful I made up my own mind and applied. This department is filled with wonderful, kind, considerate and happy people.
Great place to work with great atmosphere
Credentialing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 17, 2017
I really enjoy my colleagues. They are all great people to work with. The team is both collaborative and supportive. Staff is always willing to help answer questions and assist co-workers. Management promotes educational opportunities and is very supportive of the staff in going to state association meetings and user group meetings to network and learn.
Nurses are great!
Perioperative Support Tech (Former Employee) –  NHJuly 9, 2017
The staff is very competent and they do there jobs very well!. Management is always changing or being cut and new levels added or taken away. I have many friends still working there and overall, it's a great organization.
Pros
Cafeteria
comfortable
RN Supervisor/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 29, 2017
I have worked at elliot hospital for almost 22 years in a variety of roles, clinical leader, staff RN, and nursing supervisor. I am presently in an nurse practitioner program at walden university.
Great Environment
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHMay 24, 2017
8 hour work day
Learned a lot from the docs
Management is very supportive
Culture is very fun
There was no hard part because we all worked together
Open to new graduates
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 15, 2017
First job post college- was open to new graduates, had some training initially but could have used more support as a new grad in the float pool. Lower pay, however this met the market pay for new grads when I started. Management at the time could have been more supportive with interests in continuing education/degree status.
Pros
Good environment with peers, open to new grads
Cons
lower compensation, needed more support for continuing education
Unit Secretary Maternity/L&D
Unit Secretary Maternity/L&D (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 7, 2017
Full responsibility was given to organize the front desk in both departments. The team of nurses, secretaries and all staff worked very well together to provide the best care for the mothers and their newborn babies.
Pros
Excellent Salary
management needs work
Coding Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 14, 2017
Work itself was fine and plenty to go around, but often pushing mandatory overtime, policies changing too often to keep up with, management seriously lacking in communication or proper communication as well. Definitely need to work on their leadership.
Supportive work environment
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 21, 2017
Good place to work if you have a strong passion for nursing. Flexible hours with good pay and shift differentials. Enjoyable work environment with good management and coworkers.
Hospital is nice, management not very good
Credentialing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 8, 2017
A typical day in the dept. I worked in was stressful, people who work there talk about each other, management does not communicate, do not listen to your concerns. Favoritism is a major issue, employees who are favored by manager get away with everything including bullying others in department. Rules don't apply to all. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the everyday drama created by others and manager doing nothing about it. I really can't say there was anything I enjoyed about working there and I certainly didn't learn anything since I had more experience than everybody in the department including manager.
Productive and relaxing atmosphere
Grounds Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  1 Elliot Way Manchester NHFebruary 19, 2017
Keeping busy
Always looking for more to do
Takes pride in my work
Getting along with others
self starter
Always have the Hospital best interest in hand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elliot Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9