Elliot Hospital

Elliot Hospital Employer Reviews

Stressful environment with a subculture of fear of losing your job
RN in a Womens' and Childrens' department (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 19, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: poor management
Unrealistic management completely focused on money with no appreciation for staff. Quality patient care only valued by staff nurses.
Could be a good place to work!
RN BSN (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 21, 2014
Pros: hours
Most staff nice. Orientation limited as one staff RN "Doesn't like to orient." Manager not helpful.
Great Pharmacy Department
Pharmacist Resident (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 29, 2014
The pharmacy team at Elliot is fantastic. This institution offers experience in progressive pharmacy practice that will prepare you for the future of pharmacy.
LNA Float
LNA (Former Employee), Manchester nhMarch 14, 2014
Great Place to work, Great team work and support, great wages and benefits. always had hours.
Great
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 27, 2014
I really liked working here. Has some problems but overall really fun and great enviorment.
Elliot Hospital is top notch in all areas I have been apart of
Polysomnographic Technician (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 18, 2014
The Elliot Hospital is very helpful in helping their employees grow. They indorse education and really care about their employees and patients. The Elliot has made a good habit out of finding the right people for the job they need to hire for.
Busy but a managable day
Advanced Medical Assistant/Medical Assistant II (Former Employee), Manchester, NHNovember 7, 2013
Not every day was the same. I worked primarily in psychiatry and on my off days I floated to various Elliot offices which included Internal Med, Family Practice, Pediatric, Geriatric, and all Specialty practices.

When I went to work daily - to me it was therapy. I NEVER had a bad day at work no matter how stressful it was. I loved my job and miss it – more... more than you can imagine. I learned a lot from the providers, staff and the patients. I can honestly say I worked at the Elliot for 12 or 13 years and never felt that I did not want to go in to work - just because I did not feel like it. I was a dedicated employee.

I would go in to work daily at 7:30am and hit the floor running. Between the walk in patients, calls, and patients scheduled for appts not every day was the same. Yes, I had some rough calls with suicidal patients but was able to talk them down and get the help they need. Follow thru care is key.

The downfall floating in to other offices is not knowing the end result. For example: If a patient came in to the Breast Center and diagnosed with cancer. I would have no idea what their status is and/or unable to provide continuing care, treatment, and compassion to that patient.

Overall, in the mental health office and all offices I worked in I feel we worked well as a team I am never afraid to ask anyone anything to get the answers I need for myself, the provider, or the patient.

I am currently looking for this same work experience within a new facility.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Debbie – less
typical day at work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: per diem, computer documentation
Cons: variations of care per provider
Typically a busy day doing triage in primary care offices. People are always available to ask questions as needed.I have learned with working in several different offices, that you need to get as much information as possible to paint a complete picture of the patient and that can be difficult at times due to time constraints and decision making. It – more... is enjoying to see patients getting the care they deserve in a timely fashion. – less
Professional, educational, supportive hospital with patient care of utmost concern.
STAFF RN II (Former Employee), Manchester, NHAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free ceu's and any education needed to perform treatments
Cons: occasional short-staffed
Each day I expected the unexpected, working with psychiatric patients with many diverse diagnoses, and also with many physical ailments as well. Challenging work with all the support needed to learn and achieve the best in patient care. Extremely supportive staff, from CNA's to MD's, we worked as a team, always. The hardest part of the job was watching – more... some of the family's suffering along with their loved ones, especailly Alzheimers patients. The most enjoyable part was having the ability to bond with most patients, to be come a trusted friend to them, and watching a patient respond well to treatment and be able to leave our unit to return home. – less
Admissions
Lab Registrar (Former Employee), Manchester, NHAugust 28, 2013
Pros: the automomy of working independently.
Cons: some coworkers easier to deal with then others.
Working at the Elliot was wonderful experience. I worked with many great people from coworkers, to medical professionals to the patients themselves. For all the years I worked there I had good relationships with my supervisors and was allowed much autonomy in the performance of my work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the the day to day duties – more... were the same, but how the day would actually take shape and evolve was always interesting and kept the job from getting boring. – less
Professional Place
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Londonderry, NHAugust 1, 2013
Pros: nice staff
Very professional place to work, nice staff, competative wages
Tyrranical Management
RN (Current Employee), Direct Patient CareJuly 31, 2013
Pros: co-workers are dedicated and professional
Cons: management is destructive and unprincipled
Many great people provide excellent care to patients but management makes Elliot a stressful and unrewarding work environment. There's never any thanks for doing a great job, only complaints about how you can do more. Nurses have to handle heavy assignments, must clock in and out for scheduled breaks but must work through them unpaid in order to finish – more... on time. Enormous stress is placed on nurses and aides who are already working in a stressful environment. New absence policy only allows one call out for sickness in a rolling 12 month period. Management constantly looking for ways to fire people. – less
I ENJOY WORKING FOR ELLIOT HEALTH SYSTEMS.ELLIOT IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND THE PEOPLE THAT I WORK WITH REALLY CARE ABOUT WHAT THEY DO
Imaging Supervisor/MRI Technologist (Former Employee), Londonderry, NHMay 13, 2013
Pros: teamwork /flexable work schedule
Cons: working with less people and not replacing help when needed
TEAMWORK IS THE BEST PART THAT I LIKE ABOUT ELLIOT HOSPITAL.GREAT CARING HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
Upbeat, nice place to work in New Hampshire
Bed Placement Coordinator (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 3, 2013
Pros: meet great people, make a difference busy work days
I really love working with people. Each day is never the same. When your in a profession where you must care about people, something in your heart just clicks.
Although some days/patients can be difficult, I believe you learn more about yourself, and it puts your life into prospective.
When people are sick, they are weak, and sometimes thier patience – more... runs thin. It is then you must pick yourself up be efficient, and make the people feel comfortable.
At the end of the day hearing someone say thank you, or that you made thier experience a little better, that is what makes my job enjoyable, – less
Horrible management
technician (Former Employee), PharmacyMarch 17, 2013
Pros: paid breakfast break.
Cons: single people out, play favorites, discriminate.
The Elliot as a whole is a great hospital. Certain departments need extreme makeovers in management. The pharmacy dept. has a very high turnover rate and new management is only concerned for themselves.
great people poor management
physician (Former Employee), EPNMarch 7, 2013
The Elliot has a great group of caring, hard-working people working for them. However, the management is getting bigger and far more interested in supporting each other as opposed to providing better care for both patients and their own workers.
very busy place/serious
Environmental services tech 1 (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 7, 2013
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: overworked, short break, sheduled breaks
you are overed worked and need to get job done between doing room before the night is over
Challenging and rewarding experience.
Registered Nurse I (Current Employee), Cardiac Intermediate Care UnitMarch 5, 2013
Pros: supportive atmosphere, learning opportunities, great resources, full circle care for patients
Cons: work loads (up to 5 pts/shift), coordinating with other departments.
When stepping onto the floor the typical CICU RN can expect anything in regards to her assignment. Personally, I've cared for cardiac patients in critical condition awaiting cardiac catheterization, AICD placement, or cardioversions. That usually runs the gambit for my specific specialty, but I also care for suicide attempts, patient's actively detoxing – more... and seizing, suffering heart failure or COPD exacerbation, infections, pneumonia, etc. I found that time management and critical thinking are a nurse's greatest strength. A positive attitude under stressful conditions can also make or break your work day.
Management at the hospital is as effective as possible. The turn over rate on the CICU I've observed is very high. Management has to tackle filling all positions and covering all shifts week to week, just like the challenges many hospitals have to face these days with budget cuts, etc. I find that the team I work with is very supportive and unified when it comes to helping out one another with everyone's workload. There are also numerous resources and educational opportunities to pursue and further your RN learning. – less
Excellent Organization with Great Culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 16, 2013
I gained a lot of great experience and built a lot of professional relationships with great people at Elliot Hospital.
Great company to work for
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHJanuary 2, 2013
My experience with Elliot Health Systems was fantastic. From the application and interview process to the actual day to day working environment I had an amazing experience. The staff for each area I encountered was friendly, professional and very knowledgeable in their fields and made an extra effort to express that to each patient that came into the – more... office. – less

About Elliot Hospital

Elliot Health System provides medical care to southern New Hampshire. The¬†health care organization¬†operates Elliot Hospital, an – Read more