Elliott Aviation Employee Reviews in United States

Scheduler
Technical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJune 10, 2016
Morning meeting with department managers, taking notes during the meeting of updates performed to aircraft. continue to receive updates on aircraft and sending out a daily report on these updates for departments. I learned how to maintain a schedule for department heads. Management was flexible and supportive, co-workers were supportive. The hardest part of the job was learning the scheduling program. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the administrators and keeping track of work performed on aircraft.
Pros
Aviation Environment
Good place to start a career
Aircraft Painter (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 2, 2016
Very good place to look for a job check it out they don't pay that well
but a good place to start. Probably wont like it here it was just close to home for me there"s better opportunity else where.
High pace, efficient place to work.
Avionics Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Troubleshoot and repair any type of aircraft Elliott Aviation is certified to work on. I was taught the Garmin G-1000 software uploads and how to troubleshoot this system efficiently. Field repairs and service calls were on avionics systems.
Don't do it!
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 17, 2016
Place Sucks! Give you enough rope to hang yourself! They have a terrible reputation in the industry for quality of aircraft maintenance.
Cons
Midwest style
Rotable Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILNovember 18, 2015
having worked with this employer for almost 12 years, I can confidently say that we have that Midwest style. Family oriented business and values with the professionalism that only 75+ years of experience can provide!
Fantastic FBO for ANY and ALL Aviation Needs.
Line (Current Employee) –  Eden PrairieJune 27, 2015
Elliott Aviation is a efficient, convenient and top-of-the-line service FBO for charter and aircraft handling services. Elliott offers great prices on Jet-A and 100LL fuel and will treat your aircraft as a premium! Their employees' are dedicated to providing every customer and client with the best experience possible for each and every visit. If you haven't already, log onto their website for more information! I can guarantee satisfaction, just see for yourself!
Below Average
AMT (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMay 13, 2015
I worked for this company for several years. The leadership has very high turnover. The mechanics are great but the leads cut corners and are deceitful. Planes were being damaged at least once a week and the damage was often covered up and charged to the customer as a discrepancy.
Excellent Departmental Staff
Director of Parts and Component Services (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILMarch 10, 2015
Excellent departmental staff. This job required extreme attention to detail while being diligent through the prioritization process. Directed a staff that included, 1 manager, 3 supervisors and a dedicated staff of 20. Managed annual budget for 3 departments, reviewed their P & L monthly statements to ensure correctness and that budget goals were being obtained. Departmental responsibilities included warehouse management, shipping/receiving processes, maintenance and overhaul facility and procurement staff. Elliott Aviation was overall a very good employer until their recent senior staff gained control and at that point I found little support which was a distinct contrast from their past senior members.
easy work
Line Service Technician Specialist (Former Employee) –  moline, illMarch 4, 2015
For quick learners, this is easy work. Just takes patience, responsibility and keeping your head on swivel. enjoyable people to work with.
Great Manager
Painter Tech I (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILDecember 8, 2014
My boss was great and wonderful to work for the owner was a jerk he screwed his people over every chance he got.

Want to know more about Elliott Aviation?

Ask a question
Airport
Customer Service Manager/Aircraft Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 30, 2013
Reduced staff turnover by 100% in 2010, bench-marking a record-setting improvement in staff retention due to the success of employee-development and morale-building programs.
Procured four of our largest client accounts which has resulted in over $150k in fuel sales alone in the last year.
Oversee all aspects of an aircraft sale including preparation of spec sheets, market research, contract drafting, and closing.
Responsible for special event coordination, entertainment of clients and all travel arrangements- National and International.

I learned a lot about people, communication, marketing and sales in this job. The most important thing that I took away from this was defining my management style. I treat others as I would like to be treated and would not ask any of my employees to do something I I wouldn't. I set goals with them, look for their successes and congratulate them right away and also let them know if they need to work on something right away.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no room for advancement
No support to keep Quality up.
Accountable/ Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Moline, IL.December 6, 2012
I had technicians cutting corners on inspections and damaging aircraft on a daily basics. I tracked their performance for 5 months with no support from Production Managers to discipline technicians or train technicians.

Comment – December 12, 2012

Elliott Aviation is a trusted name that provides excellent quality to our customers! The comment is obviously from a disgruntled past employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elliott Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.