ELLIOTT ELECTRIC SUPPLY Employee Reviews

Work and work, no pats on back
It tech (Current Employee), NacogdochesAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Overtime available
Cons: Everything else
You will do what is asked of you with no congratulation. Do something wrong and receive an ear full. I liked to for some time but got burnt out rather quickly.
Quotations Manager (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 7, 2015
Company has a lot of opportunities to advance as long as you're willing to put in the efforts required. It is a great starting place in your career.
Plenty of advancement opportunities, but compensation falls flat...
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Generally casual work environment, friendly co-workers, some managers are great, feel-good advancement opportunities aplenty.
Cons: Company insurance is mediocre at best, wonky pay scale, stingy company culture, out-of-touch CEO, greedy managers outweigh the good ones.
EES loves to promote internally, but there's a COLOSSAL pay disparity between outside sales and practically every other position.

Warehouse employees are generally treated as expendable peons by management, and turnover rate is high. The warehouse is regarded as a dismal pit which you can climb out or, or simply mire within... but there's little to be gained by advancing aside from air conditioning and an ergonomically-challenged swivel chair.

Counter sales is grueling work, and compensation is minimal. You are required to work for months without a raise (which eventually manifests as 1% – more... commission on gross profit), all the while performing the same task as other counter salespeople around you and dumping your profits into the manager's pocket.

Inside sales is typically the next step, and again comes with a minimal raise - if any. Inside sales handles most of the commercial and industrial billings (i.e., a large portion of the their business) and is paid slightly more than a counter salesperson (typically starting at 2% commission on gross profit).

Outside sales is where every salesperson aspires to be. They are paid solely on commission, which is typically 30-40% of their gross profit. This is an enormous bump up from inside sales, though it's arguable that it's actually a decrease in workload.

Raises are handed out almost exclusively at one-year increments, and are not skill or performance based whatsoever. This can be good or bad, depending on your work ethic.

Climbing your way up the ranks is the siren song of management, but there's little reward to be found unless you become one of the select few 100-or-so outside salespeople. Otherwise, you're left in limbo with the tens of thousands of other employees making meager pay, working long hours, and praying that you never have to use company insurance. – less
Starter workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJune 22, 2015
Small cubicle
Little place but its a good starter job for you to be in the market
Great place to learn but little opportunities because no one wants to leave the job position.
Great place because bosses are close together and you are free to ask questions
Positve work place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJune 13, 2015
Never any problems at Steel Fab, great place to work.
Great co-workers, leaned new accounting programs.
Never a hard day.
Management was well to get along with
Challenging place to work
driver (Former Employee), MagnoliaJune 10, 2015
Pros: It's is gainful employment...
Cons: Bad management toward workers
Was hired and told several different things my management. When I questioned them on it I was flagged as a problem and let go.
Co-workers were nice and helpful. But the turnover rate is high due to how they are treated by management.
Great Starting Job to have and experience.
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator/Night Driver (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMay 22, 2015
This company is a very well maintained industry with helpful and friendly co-workers and management. I do wish the pay was a little bit higher per hour but it is still pays more than minimum wage.
Great Company
Cycle Counter/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Casual and fun
Cons: advancement opportunity
Great place to work with good benefits. Very casual and fun atmosphere. Wonderful and caring co-workers. There is some opportunity for advancement.
Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Pecos, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: I always get my 40 hours
A typical day starts off with receiving the truck full of merchandise and unloading. Then I sort and distribute merchandise. Then I pull orders for customers and cash them out. I also take calls.
Allow one manager to control the enviroment of office
Collection Manager (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMay 5, 2015
I loved my job at Elliott and the people I worked with. The only problem there is the Business Office manager. The owners of the company need to be more involved with employees and be open minded to what employees express are issues in the departments.
Inconsistent Management
Software Development (Former Employee), Nacogdoches TexasMarch 11, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule and will let you make up time
Cons: poor pay and benefits
1. I was given one raise in 3 years. I only had to wait 3 months to receive it.
2. Feedback was rarely given unless it was negative in which case it was immediate .
3. Answers to questions were too brief to give complete information The mistake that led to my termination was caused by this issue.
4. Management was often unaware of what was going on. One worker routinely slept at work. He is still there even after being caught more than 3 times.
5. No life insurance or disability is offered except for a small policy that might be enough to bury the individual. . I tried to get them to even allow – more... AFLAC or self paid benefits. They would not. They did allow a one day rummage sale for a woman who got cancer and lost all of her income.
6. The health benefits for a single employee will cost you around $60. If you insure your spouse, it will be around $450. If you insure your one child who is healthy with your spouse, it jumps to $800. If you have dental insurance, it goes higher.
7. If you leave for any reason, you lose all earned vacation.
8. I have actually heard the managers boast that they love to hire college students because they can use their cheap labor. If you want to be an underpaid developer, go to this company. One developer who left is making $20000 more in a position in Dallas.
9. Elliott does offer flexible work hours.
10. Very unforgiving of any mistakes.
11. It takes about 7-8 years to get up to $48000 from what I have been told. Most programmers are paid $41,000 or less.
12. The CEO seems like a good guy who is unaware of problems beneath him.
13. In fact, the CEO approved a standing desk arrangement that improves health and productivity. The lead developers have yet to implement even one.
14. Other than being poor managers, the leads are positive individuals who try to create a laid back work environment.
15. There are very few software developers over 30 at Elliott Electric.
16. VB is not one of the best languages to gain experience for other employers. – less
Fast paced electrical distribution center.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: easy going group of people
Cons: salary and benefits could be better
My day starts at 6:30am by checking emails, setting up my dispatch program, prioritizing my paperwork and checking my task tracker for new invoice problems to solve. I enjoy the fact that we are very busy and the day flies by. Our management is very laid back and are always available if you need assistance or need to discuss a concern. I work with a lot of young people who are still learning what a work ethic is, this can be frustrating. Overall, my co-workers are friendly and helpful and we are a pretty tightknit group.
Decent place to work. Management not that great.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Carthage, TXOctober 12, 2014
Cons: benefits are not that great.
I enjoyed working here for the most part. My boss was not that great and gave preferential treatment towards certain parties.
Terrible place to work.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Lubbock, txAugust 2, 2014
Pros: get to go home!
Cons: everything.
Well if you're looking for a place where you must bend over backwards and work for complete imbeciles, then this is the place for you! Promises of promotions, pay raises are spoken but never given. Military backgrounds will get you in, even with a record.
Enjoy working here.
Counter/Inside Sales (Current Employee), Longview, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: aggressive sales commission
Cons: hourly rate
Excellent place of employment. There is room for advancement and enjoyable co-workers. Management is well trained.
loved hanging out with customers and talking about their day and work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: very laid back
Cons: low pay and small raises/ little to not over time
Open store at 7am. check to see what deliveries there were for the day. Take care of any contractors that come in early then pull their order. Unload delivery truck. Check delivery to invoice would then remove any special orders. Then would stock shelves with remaining stock. All during the day would take orders via phone calls for pick-up/delivery/UPS. Would make delivery runs all during the day.
Really steady business with orders to be delivered.
Warehouseman/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 13, 2014
Pros: manager would cook lunch every once in a while.
Cons: no breaks besides lunch break.
Pulled orders, Delivered orders to customers, Put away stock, Inventory counts, cut wire for customers. I learned some things about electrical supplies. My co-workers were really nice and down to earth people.
Good work environment low pay
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Longview, TXMay 19, 2014
I love working here, but unless you go into sales there is no room for growth.
One of my favorite jobs
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Sulphur, LAFebruary 9, 2014
But I met with some issues with the store manager at the time. I learned a great deal about inventory control while there though, and have applied it to so many things.
Electric Supply Business
Counter Sales (Current Employee), Austin, TxJanuary 31, 2014
This is a great place to obtain electrical supplies. It is a small store that has knowledgeable salesmen to help with all your electrical supply needs. I've learned customer service, organization, sales, and warehouse management while working here.