ELLIOTT ELECTRIC SUPPLY Employee Reviews

the place is so no together.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 2, 2017
THERE warehouse supervisor has no clue what hes doing. they make you rush around the warehouse as fast as you can and literaley throw all the supplies in the truck and when your half way there the warehouse supervisor would call you saying there needing the supplies now. You would get there and they would not be ready for the supplies. IT was bad to rush employees like that in a truck that could cause acciendents. NO body in warehouse has been properly trained.
Pros
na
Cons
nobody knows what there doing and rush people.
Don't work here.
Warehouse Associate/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJune 8, 2017
Be prepared to not get paid more than the bare minimum. Poor, management, no advancement, no raises. Not worth even looking into. This is the most poorly managed and unorganized company I have ever have my disfortune to work for.
Run
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 6, 2017
Very toxic environment. It's a good ol boy company and they only care about management by the way is horrible. If you can't think for yourself and don't mind being over work and under paid then this the place for you.
Amazing place
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXApril 11, 2017
Amazing place to grow and learn a lot about the electrical distribution field. Every day you are constantly learning more and more about how to better serve the customer
Very nice company, excellent management
Delivery Driver/Warehouse/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2017
Elliott Electric is one of the best companies I've worked for. All the way from warehouse manager to store, district manager and even the owner are very nice people. Unfortunately I had to move out of town.
Pros
Very fun and pleasing job
Cons
Couldn't think of any Cons
Lots of opportunity, but you have to work for it.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2017
Elliott is a great place to work with more opportunity than any other company I have worked for. Even with previous experience at other companies, you will have to learn the business and how the company operates. Most new employees must spend some time in the warehouse to learn basic processes and how the business works, all of which are foundational and helpful for future opportunities. Each area is managed by an Area Manager and each area generally takes the personality of that Area Manager. Elliott does not typically start new employees at a high wage, but one can definitely get there within a few years if they really apply themselves and are realistic about their strengths and areas of weakness. The sales growth over the 45 years is incredible and is continuing strong locally and in new markets. I would encourage anyone that is a hard worker, has a good attitude, and is willing to learn, to give Elliott Electric Supply a try so they can see where they can take it. You won't find another company that will give you the opportunity and income potential that Elliott can.
Pros
The sky is the limit
Cons
Patience is required
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 16, 2017
Bad pah raise no room to advance. They have a strong company that has room to grow but no places to advance because people have been there so long and plan on retiring.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
17 cent raise
Great Culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Elliott Electric Supply was a great place to work because of its culture. There are many good stories going around about the owner and the things he does for good employees.
Not a bad place to work
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXFebruary 14, 2017
My experience has been great. My co-workers show me lots of support when needed. You have to have a friendly, joking personality to work here. There's nothing wrong with alil locker room talk. If you can't handle that then you won't be able to work here. The pay is decent, the hours are great. I usually pull in 45 to 50 hours a week depending on how busy we get. The training is there, just dont be afraid to ask questions. It isn't hard to move up as long as you have the personality and drive to do so.
Pros
Hours, easy to learn, friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Boring at times. You get fat.
Great Place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Typical day at work, busy, learned new accounting programs, management great, culture good, hardest part of the job was the task tracker and keeping up with. very enjoyable
Boring
was a wave driver here as a temp (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Warehouse manager asks if you want his job, after complaining about how terrible the pay,benefits, and promotions are. The harder you work the less you will be appreciated. Management whines too much and is over rated. I worked here only because a temp service sent me here. And if you don't believe in team work and like to stand around and kiss management butt this is the place for you.
Cons
Productive and challenging work place
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2016
Elliott Electric is a place that will keep one busy and challenge to think on a daily basis. I have learned a lot here, from how to order product, sharpen my eye to detail and find new ways to save the company money. Most everyone that works with Elliott is willing to help with any problem. The hardest part about this job is the lack of communication. I enjoy the relaxed and fun environment that is here.
Pros
Healthcare
Welcoming environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXNovember 13, 2016
Very good company to work for, benefits are a really big plus. The hours are great and the job is very easy to learn. Must be willing to stand and walk for long periods.
Pros
Big opportunities to branch out and move up within the company
Cons
Standing for long periods
Don't waste your time
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 3, 2016
I work as a delivery driver working 5:00 am - 5:30 pm most days. They are not flexible as they promise. I had to drop college classes because I missed so many days because they made me work over time and threatened to fire me when I tried to leave to go to class. I make 10 an hour and they made a big deal when I asked for that and then the guy hired after me makes more than me and I have worked 5 months longer than he has and we both do the same thing with equal amount of experience. They are excellent at micromanaging you. They call you all the time when you're on the road "where you at?" which they can track where you've been and where you're at so it really doesn't make much sense. You are entitled to a 45 minute lunch break but I have had to cut mine short numerous times saying that they need me to deliver something. They love to make busy work like sweeping and cleaning which I don't mind I actually like sweeping but when I am the only one that sweeps while everyone is sitting around joking and the warehouse manager tells me that he is going to make me sweep instead of just asking. They get on to you for taking water bottles that is labeled "free" up front a lot too. The job isn't that bad if you don't have a lot going on in your life but if you're busy don't do it because they don't really care most of the time it seems.
Pros
Pros: Good people and environment oh and free popcorn and hot dogs on Wednesdays
Cons
Cons: Short breaks, not flexible, micromanage, management could be better, high overturn rate, busy work, unfair pay and treatment
It's a poor work place
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  TXOctober 19, 2016
The only thing that good about working at Elliot is the people that work here. The pay don't add up to the amount that you do here
No support staff if you're new
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 17, 2016
Management quality varies by store. The people are great, and the benefits are decent. Even though you make a "salary" is broken up into hourly and you still have to clock in. If you want to make your actual salary that was promised you have to work overtime. The old timers have a great gig but once you move up you will be given scraps and no support.
it was an interesting job overall
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2016
i have learned how to use nearly all warehouse equipment at this company and its a set of skills that every warehouse demands. it was an educational experience.
Pros
educational
Cons
unpredictable work size
great working environment
Customer Service/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 11, 2016
Great place for a first job. Great managers good learning environment . You can get little over-time about 5 to 10 a week. The warehouse is where you start, but with hard work there is room to move up.
Managers can not get over their bad past experience w/ company
Job (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 28, 2016
Promises from managers make this company sound like your dream job. If you are wise enough you will begin to take notice that it comes with a whole lot of sucking up to managers, getting bullied by managment, being dishonest and constant lying among other toxic inapropriate behavior. Bill ought to be ashame of some of the host managers he has working for him. But then again it's people he has had working for him for years from the bottom.

HARD WORKING and HONEST WORKERS stay away from here! Other reviewers are so right on the wage raises. They will come up with all kinds of excuses. All because you have greedy host managers!

Advancing in this company will come with constant reminders of how it took years for managment to move up. You are no different why should you advance without putting in the same time as them?

Managment, can you put an end to that cycle?

Overall company could be a good place to work if you didn't have so many greedy past holding managers!
Pros
Luches
Cons
Healthcare beneftis, low wages
Decent company
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 15, 2016
Elliott is a fast growing company. However, I feel that employee's become over looked. This is definitely a good ol' boy company. Management enjoys playing favorites here and regardless of your opinion whether good or bad it's most always shot down if the person above you didn't come up with it first. The owner Bill Elliott was a great CEO and I enjoyed the times I got to chat with him and pick his brain about the business. I just feel the company overall could take better care of it's employee's when it comes to managing and pay scale. They lack a good presence in Arkansas when it comes to vendor support and customer base.
Pros
Many years in business, growing business, great 401k, decent opportunities, lots of training!
Cons
Management, low pay, mostly unfriendliness from buyers at the home office