Ellis Hospital Employee Reviews

Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 25, 2017
Very busy but I loved the unit I worked on while I was there I had the absolute best Nurse manager & coworkers, these people became more than friends. Work was always fun because it was always team work. I enjoyed working at Ellis Hospital.
Your always learning
Phlebotomist/ ICU Tech (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 29, 2017
I have been with Ellis Hospital for over 10 yrs. I have had my ups and downs here but my main concern is for my patients as long as they are taken care of I feel good and the end of my shift. Do unto others is my motto, and I live by it as well
Pros
overtime helps when you have bills to pay
Cons
Not everyone is on the same page as you when it comes to patient care
Productive and enjoyable work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 12, 2017
My job at Ellis hospital was in the operating room as an administrative assistant. I learned a lot while there. Was a very enjoyable fast paced environment. The management was very good and they saw my potential and allowed me to take on extra tasks. While there I also learned doing billing and coding and assisted with doing the billing for the extra campuses in addition to my main role.
hard working staff
Nurse Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
I've work along side good hearted, hard working nurse. These people are caring and go above and beyound to provide great care for their patient. At times things can be overwhelming but it comes with the territory and the job description to always thinking of way to keep my staff happy and enjoying their work envirotment. Always thininkg of ways to improve patient care. Always use discipline time as a learning coashing time for staff. Always have a open door policy to enhance communication between management and staff.
I liked it
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 23, 2017
my experience at Ellis was good as a brand new nurse I was able to come in and make a decent salary and be educated and influenced by many great nurses!!!
Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 20, 2017
This was a great place to work, but I chose to go out on my own after I had my daughter. A typical day would consist of getting a report from the charge nurse, checking on patients, doing vitals, taking them for walks, changing their bed linens.
Challenging Place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 13, 2017
The Mental health units are outdated. As a tech it is very rewarding to help the patients. There is a high turnover with Staff leaving the unit short staffed which makes it hard to provide all the groups for the patients
Pros
Helping the mentaly ill population
Cons
Short staffed often
Very Productive
Patient Access Representative I (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NY 12308July 9, 2017
In my time, I have learned so many new things that has expanded my mindset. I have definitely managed to memorize more than just dx codes. It is a great place to learn how fast life is.
Nice people, bad management.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 15, 2017
Although The people I worked with at ACM and U of R were the best, management and supervisory staff left something to be desired. mainly their ability to deal with an employee with a disability.
Horrible place to go, not respect to nurses.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 22, 2017
Ellis doesn't care about patient safety. Poor management , always understaffed. 7-1 patient to nurse ratio at times (days) and with new grads taking unsafe assignments. You will expect to have mostly an assignment of 5 patients if you are lucky, but it is mostly 6 patients in days.

Nurses leave constantly, high staff turn over due to nurses being burn out and ellis doesn't do anything to change this. Management expect you to take this assignments with little to no help and expect you to do more and more not often even offering a hand.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Short breaks, no enough techs, high patient to nurse ratio
Bad management.
Phlebotomist/Processor II (Current Employee) –  NyApril 13, 2017
The management is very bad but the job is very nice.
Sallary is great based on experience
Taking vacation is out of the question
Always short staff
Ellis
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 12, 2017
I really enjoy the people that I work with at Ellis hospital. The management is also good on the floor that I work on, they really care about you as a person.
Productive environment
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 10, 2017
Pleasant place to work and get along with everyone. A typical day at work is very busy and it gets the day going. Meeting new people everyday at work which is also exciting. Ellis takes care of their patients also.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 5, 2017
Overall good place to work. Not difficult to adapt to. Consistent hours given each week and reasonable breaks. I would recommend this job to friends and family if they needed a direction of where to apply.
no opportunities for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Small under staffed office with no room to grow, and no opportunities to move further even though there are several positions available
Great Work Environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 25, 2017
It was a great environment to work in, very friendly coworkers who were willing to help out when necessary. I had a very pleasant experience there.
Pros
Half priced lunch.
Cons
half hour lunch breaks.
A good and rearding job to protect people and property and keep workers and patients safe.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 17, 2017
This job you were required to assist with patients protect building property and the safety of patients and employees on a daily basis,It was a very rewarding job.
Pros
Benefits and pay and self rewarding
productive workplace
Cardiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 9, 2017
A team of staff working well together to assist people who are in need for assistance on a regular daily basic.
Great benefits, great environment, great communication and always availability to advance yourself.
Disappointing, poor management and no insentive to further your education
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Terable place to work, horrible mangers who don't care about unsafe staffing. Go to other hospitals if you want any respect, you won't find it at Ellis.
Pros
Decent insurance plans
Cons
Mangement and unsafe conditions
I like my job, I am just looking to move up.
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 25, 2016
I like my job, I am just looking to move up. My days at work goes pretty good and i have decent co-workers with whom i get along with to get my job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ellis Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ellis Hospital Reviews by Location