Ellis Hospital Employee Reviews

Treated me well for many years
Pharmacy & Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYAugust 20, 2015
I was grandfathered into the hospital and worked here for many years. They treated me like family and I made many friends. I enjoyed the experience and am able to use it everywhere I go.
Medical Records Clerk at Ellis Hospital. EMR records were not implimented yet.
Medical Records Associate (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYAugust 20, 2015
Pros: I was in an office with three other very nice ladies who helped me quite a bit when I first started, The cafeteria food was delicious.
Cons: The only con to me was the 45 minute drive to work. Winter was a bit scary.
A typical day at my Job was assembly and analysis of Medical Records and asking doctors for signatures on reports that were forgotten.
Management was wonderful and I learned quite a bit from them on doing my job faster. My co-workers were always ready to help all employees.
The hardest part of my job was actually taking turns working a Saturday shift. The hours were not too likable: 2:30-11:00 pm.
What I liked about my job was the hospital atmosphere.
nice place to work
Radiology Receptionist (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: great area to work in
Cons: nothing
1-called in appointments, showed patients where to go for tests,scheduled appointments

2-basic computer skills needed and types of tests needed

3-great manangement

4-great co-workers

5-hardest part of job getting hold of patients to reschedule appointments if needed

6-the people I met
Wonderful environment to work in
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYMay 30, 2015
I love working here at Ellis so many people and staff... I work 3pm -11pm and love my shift the staff is great . It can vary from being very busy to slow with in mins .
Ellis Hospital
Employee (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYApril 26, 2015
Poor communication. No room for advancement. rivalry among departments. physicians are allowed to berate staff with little to no reprimand. salary doesn't match demand or work description.
working here
Patient Care Tech (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
its great, the staff i work with is awesome
we all work together as a team
the patients can be challenging sometimes and the shift can get crazy at times
can't say anything bad
Electrical Helper (Intern) (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYDecember 30, 2014
the maintence dept is a great place to work, i only wish i were better quiltifyed to apply for a full time position.
DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY
RN (Current Employee), Ellis HospitalDecember 11, 2014
Cons: poor communication. poor management. untrustworthy
Very poor place to work with very poor communication and management.
Good Atmosphere
Financial Counselor/Registrar (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYDecember 7, 2014
The Co-worker is good and it was enjoyable be a part of their lives.
Productive workplace
Director (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYNovember 19, 2014
Busy, ever changing healthcare world keeps you moving trying to stay ahead.
loved my job!
Patient Transport and Housekeeper (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYOctober 30, 2014
Pros: everything was great!
Cons: none.. absolutely nothing!
fast paced, loved the amount of work that was given, loved my co-workers, and had fun doing my job. :)
Seeking employment in a physically active job position
Central Scheduling (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYOctober 1, 2014
Pros: fair, friendly and compassionate management/good health benefits
Cons: poor healthcare/retirement benefits
I enjoy my current job position. I enjoy the customer service end of the position and feel that this is most important in happy customers for a comfortable return to use Ellis Hospital's facilities. The hardest part of the job is trying to reach departments by phone in general and in STAT situations. The hospital seems to be understaffed all the way around. I enjoy all of my coworkers and I am a person who treats everyone with equality, respect and compassion. I get along with everyone, do not hold grudges or have a poor attitude toward anyone at all including management. I began my employment at Ellis right out of high school and felt the importance of job dedication and have been employed there for 39 yrs. My reason for seeking employment is to find a job closer to home and also a job that is physically active rather than a desk job. I would very much enjoy working with the public in some way, I love people and have great customer service skills. I would enjoy transporting patients or any other job that would be active with/without public connection. I have learned a lot since I transferred from the billing dept to Central Scheduling and enjoy this job very much. Again, I feel the need to have a more physically active job. I do not wish to have a job position in billing as I spent 37 yrs doing that and would like a change alltogether. In my current position I especially enjoy the contact with elderly patients and it is another option for a job position to work with them in some way that makes a difference in their lives. My high quality in my current job is customer service skills. A job outside the medical field is also an option.
Summary for Per Diem, Chaplain
Per Diem Chaplain (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: free dinner and breakfast for chaplains.
Cons: low pay, cafe closes extremely early.
I love this hospital, but disagree with slashing the pastoral care budget. The manager of the department is a wonderful person and an awesome spiritual leader and chaplain. I am sad that the hospital management does not value the pastor care department and how much hope it can bring to people who are sick or caring for a loved one.
RN on Med Surg Unit and Transition Unit
Registered Professional Nurse - Charge/Staff (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: assisting patients to deal with the results of surgery or to transfer to another level of care.
Cons: occassional nursing shortage issues.
Case coordination including nursing assessment, care plan desigh and implementation. Discharge planning and patient education
Exhausting but rewarding
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: direct patient care with the sense of making a difference
Cons: it is a very physically demanding job, especially at 62 years of age
A typical consisted of 1 to 4 patients per RN in ICU setting. We cared for medical and surgical ICU patients including intra aortic balloon pump patients and continuous renal replacement patients. The teamwork at Ellis was the strongest point. The hardest part was the times of staff turnover and development of a new "team".
Liked having a small group to work with each day.
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYAugust 18, 2014
Pros: worked right by my home.
Cons: management could be very critical at times.
Mohawk is a small company with a great vision for their clients and employees. The small culture made it a great place to be.
Great place to learn.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJuly 16, 2014
My experience here was great, I learned so much at Ellis Hospital. Great place to learn.
Ellis Hospital
Mental Health Assistant (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYJuly 15, 2014
Very busy environment, great team to work with. More support needed from management.
Please contact me.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Please contact me regarding this portion or the survey.

Good overall staff to work with.

Management appears to have very little focus on future issues with department. Lack of great communications.

Very stressful daily operations...
Fast paced environment
Financial Advoate (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYApril 16, 2014
In a typical day here. You can do ten different jobs and learn so many new things.