Ellis Hospital Employee Reviews

I like my job, I am just looking to move up.
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 25, 2016
I like my job, I am just looking to move up. My days at work goes pretty good and i have decent co-workers with whom i get along with to get my job done.
Never consider this employer
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 4, 2016
This was the worst mistake in my entire life when I took a position with Ellis. The management's attitude was that lesser people did the work and if you saw one of them on the floor it was to discipline someone. Associates were terminated and the supervisors were left hanging to fill in the schedule. Management showed favoritism toward associates and in the event of a dispute management took the associate's story over the supervisors. No support of any kind and everyone in the department lived in fear of being written up. Turn over was 75% because people who were not in the favorite crowed quit. I worked there for 2 1/2 years and every MONTH I was threatened with my job and it started in my second week of employment. NEVER consider working for this hospital! All of the departments were run in the same manner and every employee lived in constant fear of termination.
Pros
they paid you for showing up
Cons
Too many to list and I can't give them a zero or negative star
Ellis Hospital Employee
Service Response Representative (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 18, 2016
A typical day consist of answering phone calls and assisting patients bedside with their nutritional needs and meals for the day. Another large part of my job is taking service response calls, which can range from getting a hold of housekeeping to getting patients transported where they need to go. Anything that needs to be done can be called into us, so that we can direct them in the best way possible. I have learned a lot about team work in this job, as there are only nine of us in our department. I love my coworkers and all the patients I get to work with.
Benefits
Cons
Good benefits, nice coworkers, pleasant environment, good parking, good dress code, pleasant job, much improvement in organization in recent years
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYMay 5, 2016
Enjoyable place to work, happy people having babies, nice environment, nice boss, surveys in place to help management know where problems lie, you are provided with free uniform budget; managment is striving to improve policies and streamline procedures; good benefits, reasonable priced health insurance; adequate time off
Pros
easy parking, nice environment
Cons
could use slightly better communication between departments
Utilization Review
Utilization Review/Discharge Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 3, 2016
A very challenging job. It was in this capacity that I began to understand the health care system, in particular the limitations on care options available to the elderly and disabled. Was involved in the then new Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs). A frustrating job,as the resources available to people in need were inadequate.
I enjoy working with intelligent people.
CareGiver (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 29, 2016
I currently work in a department that provides team work and excellent oversight. I have excellent support. The staff on my floor are busy and professional. I have many contacts/friends in various departments.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Yearly wage increases are not much, however I am gretful for them.
I do Appreciate everything i have learned at ellis. I worked very well with my coworkers.
Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 25, 2016
Ellis was a very busy workplace. We made sure that our patients came first and that there needs were met, I have learned alot in the medical field.
A great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 22, 2016
Ellis Hospital is a great place to work. Everyone there is incredibly knowledgable and helpful. Working as a patient care technician is tough. The nurse will delegate many undesirable tasks to you, however that is part of your job. The hardest part of the job is becoming so close to a patient while caring for them, and then having them pass due to their illness. The most enjoyable part of the job is how appreciative patients are when you do something kind for them. It is a great feeling to be a part of a hospital team that does so much for their patients.
Pros
bonus pays
Cons
extremely busy, sometime no break
Fast-Paced, Changing, Work place
Patient Access Supervisor/Lead Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at work can be fast-paced and exciting. I have learned customer service skills, insurance knowledge, insurance reimbursement and managerial skills in my time here.
awful place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 7, 2016
Worse place I ever worked. No respect for RNs, Want an RN job go to Albany Medical center, they treat nurses with respect.
Pros
high pay
Cons
no respect for nurses

Want to know more about Ellis Hospital?

Ask a question
a basic and standard place to work close to home and an income for my family
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 25, 2016
Ellis hospitalis always busy nomatter the day or time but in the nights there are less cleaners and therefore more work task to be compleated. All cleaning assignments are expected to be finished by the end of the shift and therefore efficiency and effectiveness is highly required
Pleasant atmosphere for the most part
Hospital Operator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 22, 2016
I worked here for 1 year. Most of the people in my office was pretty cool. There was 1 or 2 that gave me headaches. Supervisor was ok as far as supervisors go. The office was very small and the equipment was dated but it worked, the bathroom was right there about 20 feet from cubicle. The hospital in it;s entirety was not bad. The other employees always seemed friendly.
Pros
It was walking distance from my home.
Cons
No room for growth
Great place to get started
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Ellis has been very supportive of me and my efforts to advance and pursue further education. Management helped me to schedule shifts that allowed me to take classes and their tuition assistance program helped me pay for said classes. All in all I had a great experience at Ellis.
Unit Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 5, 2015
Great for entry level folks trying to get their foot n the health care field the work is tough but rewarding. The folks you help become more like family rather than numbers. Overall great staff, benefits and financial compensation.
typical hospital
Unit Clerk Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 2, 2015
Ellis is a typical hospital. They really don't care much about their employees unless you are the VP of something. The hardest part of the job is the pace but once you master that you'll be fine.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
they don't care about their employees
hands in the pot
Emergency Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 24, 2015
I loved the people that I worked with. It is hard to work for a company when there are so many 'hands in the pot'. To many people telling you what to do and things changing every day, and not for the better. There do not need to be five managers working on days just figuring out things to change. They can take that money and hire more RNs or techs that actually work.
Pros
people learn how to work as a team.
Cons
people who make the changes work in a office for the most part.
Pre-diem shift
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 24, 2015
I worked at Ellis hospital on 1101 Nott st it was the best job I think I ever loved....... more of the people and my co-workers mad it great because we as a unit and everyone worked so hard and well together.
I worked from 6am-2;30 pm that was a good shift for me every morning.
I enjoyed working for them.
Treated me well for many years
Pharmacy & Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 20, 2015
I was grandfathered into the hospital and worked here for many years. They treated me like family and I made many friends. I enjoyed the experience and am able to use it everywhere I go.
Medical Records Clerk at Ellis Hospital. EMR records were not implimented yet.
Medical Records Associate (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 20, 2015
A typical day at my Job was assembly and analysis of Medical Records and asking doctors for signatures on reports that were forgotten.
Management was wonderful and I learned quite a bit from them on doing my job faster. My co-workers were always ready to help all employees.
The hardest part of my job was actually taking turns working a Saturday shift. The hours were not too likable: 2:30-11:00 pm.
What I liked about my job was the hospital atmosphere.
Pros
I was in an office with three other very nice ladies who helped me quite a bit when I first started, The cafeteria food was delicious.
Cons
The only con to me was the 45 minute drive to work. Winter was a bit scary.
nice place to work
Radiology Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 15, 2015
1-called in appointments, showed patients where to go for tests,scheduled appointments

2-basic computer skills needed and types of tests needed

3-great manangement

4-great co-workers

5-hardest part of job getting hold of patients to reschedule appointments if needed

6-the people I met
Pros
great area to work in
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ellis Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ellis Hospital Reviews by Location