Ellis Medicine Employee Reviews

Kind, caring people.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 29, 2017
The people at Ellis are such kind, compassionate, caring people. The whole team wants you to succeed. I am thankful I work here. Great benefits and paid time off. Salary is very competitive. I love the community in which this hospital serves.
I am still a probationary employee until September
Physician Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 28, 2017
The training experience is a touchy one, due to being trained by 3 people with a little bit different knowledge base and not being trained on the Sorian Financial system as the first thing.... I am still struggling with where to find things on the system. After 22 years as a medical biller I know what to do, just need to be shown where to find it to get the job done at top efficiency.
Cons
Distance to travel to and from work... I work an 8 hour day with a 1 hour commute each way
Nursing at Ellis
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 17, 2017
The scheduling is pretty flexible, I work 12 hour shifts but some units have 8 hour shifts available. The only downside is that you have to work every other weekend but I think that is pretty standard for healhcare.
A good change of pace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 3, 2017
Have an amazing support system through coworkers. Always having room to build and grow. My opinions are considered and at times the suggestions I make are used to create a better work environment
Great Place to work
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 13, 2017
I have worked for ellis hospital for eight months now and it is a awesome facility/ great employer. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. It saddens me to have to leave.
Great!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 31, 2017
This is a wonder place to grew and work. I believe this place is filled with positive people who are waiting to help new people get to the next level.
fast moving, and fulfilling
Central Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 21, 2017
Quick paste hospital, with tons of positive characters. they're all about the quality of care they give. integrity, Teaches you about the functions of the hospital, and how all the moving pieces work together
great place that believes in teamwork
Supervisor/Security (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 7, 2016
a great place to work a move up! great management. Other departments are also in the security department. Director was once a line officer and worked his way up!
Pros
a lot of room for advancement
Cons
3rd shift turn over
co-workers are amazing
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 22, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy working for Ellis Medicine. This job has strengthened my knowledge about Mental Health. My co-workers are supportive and amazing to work with, no drama.
very busy, high paced department
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 9, 2016
Extremely busy, stressful and fast paced
Learned many things about supervising, JACHO audits, Dept. of Health audits, advancements in current cardiac care including procedures/medications.
Very difficult to maintain consistant manager. An interim there at the moment with no experience in the dept.
hardest part of the job is the on-call, overtime and lack of support from administration/management.
The best part of the job is when someone is sincerely thankful.
Pros
the team is terrific, current shift great
Cons
not always able to get a break or lunch; short staffed; expected to work overtime on a daily basis
Unit Technician (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 5, 2016
Ellis Hospital is a great place to work at. employees are wonderful , good doctors and mangers. you get to learn a lot of different skills. the hardest part about being an aide at ellis is having an over load of patients to take care of. but i enjoy working at ellis taking care of people and working with the nurses.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
short staff sometimes
Ellis Medicine
Project Manager/Clinical Analyst- (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 26, 2015
Ellis is a community hospital that has in the last ten years become a very different organization. I am concerned about the direction it is headed in, and hope the very best for its outcome. My search for progress and advancement at this time, is not available due to the status of the organization. There are some wonderful people that I have worked with over my career at Ellis, and I have continued to be hopeful that things will turn around. I am grateful to have had opportunities to grow my career experience over the years; having served in management, both clinical and in Information Technology, which has broadened my ability to offer a vast knowledge base going forward in many new opportunities.

I would have to say my challenge was in watching the deterioration of what once was a revered community hospital. Old culture that remains in place, has created a significant amount of barrier for forward movement; which is imperative for survival in the healthcare environment we now face. I have enjoyed building relationships, and being a part of restoring hope and positive attitudes from what became a staff that felt forgotten and disconnected from the mainstream of the organization, to an engaged group of professionals who are ready and willing to re-engage and to be part of the solution. I am a firm believer in "..the right person for the right job..". Perhaps this will be the solution so sorely needed.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Unrecognized solutions that seem so obvious
great team
General Scientist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 25, 2015
very knowledgeable lab family and great medical team, flexible schedule, fantastic patient care, valuable nursing staff, some of the top doctors in cardiology in the country
very nice employees
transportation (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 11, 2015
Your always moving.
You get to meet a lot of new people.
Management is very nice always there when you need them.
There is alwas some thing to do. there is neve no time to slack off.
Pros
nice people
Cons
alwas busy
Ellis Medicine is a large medical provider - There are many opportunities for professional growth
RN Navigator (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 13, 2015
My position as a Registered Nurse Navigator has been a very different type of nursing. Due to a need to be closer to my home, I accepted this position in Jan. 2015. I daily meet with clients with Medicaid to assist connect them to medical providers and social agencies. My background in leadership and management has prover to be very effective in working within the medical community.
Enjoyable work environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 7, 2015
I work the night shift and the people I work with are a great group of people. We are a family .
I truly enjoy my position and my job. Management during the night great they are always available if needed and will assist if they can
Pros
We are a team and believe in teamwork.
Cons
There are changes almost every week some good some could be changed.
Fun place to work with supportive co-workers
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Special proceduresSeptember 27, 2015
Most of my co-workers have 20+ years of experience. I have the pleasure of working with a great team. We love to have fun but at the same time maintain a professional environment.
Good pay, Under staffed, over worked, hospital life
Critical Care Nurse/E1-E2, C6, A5 (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 2, 2015
Worked on many different floors, post surgical hearts, step down unit, newborns, womans floor, neurology and neuro icu.
icu critical care nurse, need I say more

management was fair, I learned everything at Ellis!
co-workers awesome.

hardest part of the job was not giving the best care possible due to having to many pts
Pros
stability, great co-workers, great support
Cons
low job satisfaction, spread too thin, couldnt give the care my pts deserved
Typical large hospital
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Hospitals are large, busy workplaces with many employees across many locations and departments. The most valuable skills I learned working at Ellis are mostly workplace-related, such as how to work in a large team, how to handle cross-department difficulties, training employees, etc. I juggled a large number of responsibilities in my position, which I am grateful for as it made me a very well-rounded employee.
Pros
Central location
Cons
Lack of accountability or policy enforcement
Supportive environment
Training Coordinator Patient Information Services (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 1, 2015
Good working environment and supportive.
Advancement and transfer into other departments are available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ellis Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2