Ellison Technologies Employee Reviews

Terrible work place culture
Territorial Manager (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INOctober 16, 2017
No future with this company. Much back stabbing. Lost major line and now is losing current line. Most of the employees have left at this time. Will not be long before this company is out of business.
Friendly manager
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 27, 2017
Friendly manager and training everyone skill well
Time sheet very clear and benefits also good.
Never need to worry about service report and add time sheet, because they have very good system to add in all
Pros
friendly manager
Cons
Not easy to settle down Bay area in Northern CA
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 26, 2017
The work was good, and at one point it had good tech support, but now the support is not as good, and the company won't give a notice if they decide to lay you off.
Pros
Tech's are good to work with
Cons
Company now don't seem to care about their employee as they did when I started there
Great place to work for, just want new challenges.
Controller (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJuly 7, 2016
This is a great company to work for, but I am looking for a new challenge.

The people I work with are great, they are like family.

I have learned a lot over the last 19 1/2 years.
Wonderful place to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMay 24, 2016
Management in our office was incredible. Our manager was there for her team. Everyone was a team player and worked wonderfully together.
Pros
Team workers
A/P & A/R Coodinator
AP & AR COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 28, 2016
Ellison Technologies is a very large corporation with 80% owned by Mitsui, a Japanese corporation. They are a distributor for CNC machine tools. Majority of my day was processing invoices and invoicing customers. Co-workers were great to work with, however, management was lacking. The hardest part of my job was making deadlines for bi-monthly check runs and weekly expense report reimbursement of wires to banks. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co-workers, they were the best.
Excellent & Professional Workplace
Accounts Receivable and Collections Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I stated an excellent workplace. Relaxed & business casual. Management cares about their employees and provides excellent benefits! I enjoyed every minute of employment at Ellison.
Pros
Enivronment, Management, Security, Salary, etc.
Cons
There aren't really any Cons that I can think of at Ellison. During the years employed, Management was very thoughtful in providing for their employees.
we left from home to the customer ,no office time
Senior Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 1, 2015
It was leaving around 8 am drove to the customer and and when the machine was fixed I drove back home usually around 4 pm
I liked the freedom and the service reports where transmitted
to the office for the billing to the customer.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
its sometime nice to work in a team configuration
good company
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2015
great place to work if you like spending time away from home and do not like doing the same thing every day. Can be very stressful at times
Excellent Company
Service Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2015
This company is extremely well managed as well as organized. they care about their employees and their families. The employees are friendly and so is the upper management.
Pros
great pay
Cons
a lot of traveling
Cohesive environment
Call Center Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 11, 2015
Personable and pleasant environment to work in. But unfortunately no room to advance. Customers are friendly and the work load is light.
Great Company to work for.
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 29, 2015
Start Coffee for Engineers coming in. Listen to all voicemails and prioritize each call. View all emails respond and flag. See what CNC machines were being transported, decommissioned, or just serviced.

What I learned at this company customers are always right. First impression goes along way. Building customer relations earing their loyalty knowing they can always depend on our customer service when needed.
Management was great. Very attentive on what was going on.
Answer all incoming calls set up repair service or preventative maintenance . Call all engineers to make sure at scheduled locations and request for an 10/20.

Co-workers were great all very helpful with machine terminology.
Hardest part of the job was have to down size.

Overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Very Family Oriented
Cons
Unfortunatate when they had to cut back
Very friendly workplace
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 21, 2015
A great company with great culture. Very friendly and high class company.
People are so close to each other.
A great place to see and learn cutting edge technology
Pros
Company car, Gas, and etc...
Cons
They do Everything is for employers
RE: Videographer Internship
n/a (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 8, 2014
I hazard a guess, from their posting, by "internship" they are going to be paying their 'intern' for "…the ability and equipment necessary to film and produce impactful demo videos" and industry-standard rate.

If not, I find it sickening that a company that "We sell high end ($250 - $1M) CNC Machines throughout North America" is looking for cheap/free labour to do a professionals work…
…I wonder if should post a 'CNC internship' and make sure the intern can produce a CNC machine for me.. and require the intern have "the ability and equipment necessary" to build and deliver a powerful CNC machine?

"Job Responsibilities

Film and produce short, 30-60 second, marketing videos that can be used by our sales team to demonstrate our products in operation.

Job Requirements

Enrolled in a junior or senior enrolled in a four year film or communications program and the ability and equipment necessary to film and produce impactful demo videos"
Thriving and Innovative Company
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2014
Working at DMG MORI ELLISON has been a great experience. I have attained impeccable skills that will inevitably ensure that I am successful beyond their walls.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Limited Advancement
Casual
N/A (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day at work was busy, with meetings and vendor/customer interaction to insure each project was up to par. I enjoyed communicating with each departments about work.
Easy work enviroment
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2013
Day at work consists of preparing the day for the other employees of the company making sure the machines on the showroom floor are functional and cleaned for customer presentation, receive and ship out accessories that are related to the machines on the showroom floor or to customers who bought the machines from the company. Keep the warehouse clean and organized. Make sure the showroom is presentable, safe and clean. Ensure when a machine is received in or shipped out, document the process of the actions being made by the rigging company that is doing the work.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Repetitive
Lots of travel
Robotic Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILAugust 1, 2013
Buy your own tools, and plane tickets. you will be paid back for the plane tickets
Productive place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2013
Great place to work. My position at the company was a new one. Management wanted to target small machine shops for a new line of machinery. Very difficult to overcome the current competition for this type of market. Overall this is a great company to work for. I enjoyed the position.
Pros
high end target market
Cons
unique applications for use of their cnc machinery
An enjoyable place to work.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 18, 2013
People are very nice and are family oriented. Working with large robots is a great learning experience
Pros
really laid back.