Ellucian

Ellucian Employer Reviews

fair working conditions good computers
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Maitland, FLMarch 11, 2014
work evening shift 1/2 hour lunch two 20 minute breaks nice coworkers the work is with schools all over the country
poor executive management
Senior Manager of Call Center (Former Employee), Maitland, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: not management properly
poor practices in hiring the right people, HR running business but does not understand business needs
Average Workplace
Contract Specialist, Sr. (Current Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: may work from home during inclement weather
Cons: lack of structured training, unfriendly co-workers
Ellucian is located in a very modern facility in Malvern PA. Many of the employees work from their home and not in the office. The job itself is not difficult; however the on-job training is poor.
Work Experience
Engagement Manager (Current Employee), Maitland FLFebruary 5, 2014
Fantastic place to work and most all employees are great to work with. However, I found that the culture in my department was not supportive of personal growth. I truly felt that "survival of the fittest" was the unspoken measurement
Great Place to Work
Functional Consultant - Nationwide (Former Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: could be long hours
I loved working for Ellucian. Daily work consisted of meeting with clients to determine their Admissions needs, then giving them 'best practices" consulting to ensure the greatest success.
Great company to work for, rewarding career.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), TexasJune 26, 2013
Pros: flexibility, competitive salary, advancement opportunities, great benefits
A great company to work for that offers a rewarding career, advancement opportunities, benefits & flexibility to grow with the company.
Consultant
Consultant (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJune 22, 2013
Work remotely with clients and travel throughout the United States. Lots of room for dvelopment and growth. Co-workers are great to work with and are willing to share and help when needed. Shifts in management so that has been a huge challenge.
Good Company
WebFOCUS BI/Developer/Analyst (Current Employee), Henrico, VAJune 12, 2013
Pros: work remotely
Cons: work remotely
Work remotely, excellent benefits...................................................................................................................................................................................
Dynamic workplace serving different departments with different computer needs
Help Desk Immaculata University (Contract) (Current Employee), Immaculata UniversityMay 28, 2013
Pros: great working environment, fair lunch breaks, healthcare, college benefits
Cons: n/a
I was stationed at Immaculata University as a Help Desk Analyst. In a day I would answer open and close between 20 - 30 tickets, except Friday being a slow day tickets would rarely reach a high of 10. Incoming calls would require me to help clients troubleshoot computer problems on the network, and help produce solutions for future problems to help – more... reduce calls into the Help Desk.
Depending on the computer problem, sometimes we (as a team) we required to temporarily replace computers and repair the machine so it may be returned to it fixed location.
Gained knowledge in imaging computers, installing Windows Server on servers, installing Windows 7 on end machines. – less
Director of Academic Computing (Current Employee), Wheeling, ILMay 6, 2013
Good place to work with great potential. Good benefits, fair management.
Not a bad place, if you can keep your job
Consultant (Former Employee), Malvern, PAMarch 8, 2013
Pros: working in higher education; flexibility
Cons: job stability; time on the road can get to be too much
Ellucian isn't a bad place to work. I think the benefits/pay are pretty good and there is typically a great deal of freedom in how you complete your job. However, if you are seeking job stability, it may not be the place for you.
Team oriented culture
Senior Sales Administrator (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: free soda!
Cons: change in management
While employed with Ellucian (formerly Datatel) I was lucky enough to hold jobs in both the IT and Sales Division. While doing these jobs, I thoroughly learned the Office suite of products, specifically Excel utilizing spreadsheets, formulas & pivot tables. My fellow team members were very supportive and always "had my back". The hardest part of my – more... job was working with remote employees trying to make sure the results I sent them was exactly what they were requesting. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. – less
Productive day at work
ERP Programmer/System Analyst (Current Employee), ConnecticutJanuary 10, 2013
You get a lot of support from managed services, you get a lot of opportunities to get free training.
Fun and a great learning envrioment for an intern
Internship (Former Employee), Port Huron, MichiganDecember 18, 2012
A typical work day would include addressing e-mails, walk-ins, and phone calls from faculty and staff members involving issues with technology. Create and assign tickets in help desk system to resolve problems, assign to correct department.

Limited support is sometimes provided over the phone for simple tasks, others would involve physically walking – more... to the site to assist faculty and staff members. – less
Software and hardware
Remote desktop gives the admin tools to reset (Former Employee), orlando,flDecember 12, 2012
Great place to work at really, I like the fact that they work there with there employess
Tier 1 Technician
Help Desk (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2012
Pros: awesome management, awesome training for the job.
Support colleges all over the United States. From resetting passwords to troubleshooting lms/portal issues that students had. Responsible for escalating any issues that couldn't be resolved as a tier one technician. Also offered technical support to faculty and staff which can include email support as well as bb or angel support. Guiding the teachers – more... through any issues they might have posting their lessons online or even resetting quiz's for students in bb. – less
Excellent Culture
Executive Director / CIO (Current Employee), NJOctober 9, 2012
Pros: employee feedback is taken into consideration by managment.
Cons: travel is required in many positions.
A great company to work for. There is always a push to better support the employee. Management believes that employees are there biggest strength.
Great place to work but not advance
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Maitland, FLJune 27, 2012
Pros: free coffee, water and soda
Cons: internal promotions come with minimal or no pay increase
On a day to day basis Ellucian is a fun and engaging place to work. If you are look at a position you can see your self in long term and don't having long hours on occasion this is the place for you. Ellucian truly cares for its employees and does many things to keep them happy. If you are looking to launch a career and move up the ladder this can be – more... a great place to start but not a long term solution. Most believe the easiest way to get proper compensation after a promotion is to stay for a year then leave for a year and come back. – less
Good company to work for
Manager, Professional Services (Former Employee), RemoteMay 31, 2012
Pros: friendly employees and teammates.
Cons: combination
Friendly employees and teammates.
Good standard benefits.
Average company at best
Network Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 8, 2012
Pros: 40 hours per week.
I've worked for worse firms. It's nothing special. Average benefit plan.

About Ellucian

Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, – Read more