Ellucian

Ellucian Employer Reviews

A fantastic place to work
Chief Information Officer (Current Employee), NationwideJuly 15, 2014
Ellucian is one of the best companies in America.

The team is wonderful, intelligent and innovative. Management has a vision and executes it well.
Good place to work.
IT Help Desk Specialist (Temp) (Former Employee), Maitland, FLJune 22, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Great staff people will help you do better at your job.
Only work with education it get easy if you have every been in college, it helps with your calls.
Fun work place with lots of motivation and perks
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee), Maitland, FLMay 8, 2014
Pros: free food, candy, fridge stocked with free sodas, and popcorn machines on the floor an break rooms
Cons: short breaks. high stress. lazy management
On a typical day I would come in an take calls from students, teachers, and staff from various universities and institution all over the US and help them with any technical problems they may be having with the schools systems.
Good Place to work at
Level One Technical support Rep (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 24, 2014
Great place to work at if you enjoy tech support. Contracts tend to be a little short
Productive work Place
Senior Technical Lead (Current Employee), Herndon,VAApril 3, 2014
Good Place to work,gained good experience leading a team.
Used to work in Off shore onsite model
fair working conditions good computers
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Maitland, FLMarch 11, 2014
work evening shift 1/2 hour lunch two 20 minute breaks nice coworkers the work is with schools all over the country
poor executive management
Senior Manager of Call Center (Former Employee), Maitland, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: not management properly
poor practices in hiring the right people, HR running business but does not understand business needs
Average Workplace
Contract Specialist, Sr. (Current Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: may work from home during inclement weather
Cons: lack of structured training, unfriendly co-workers
Ellucian is located in a very modern facility in Malvern PA. Many of the employees work from their home and not in the office. The job itself is not difficult; however the on-job training is poor.
Work Experience
Engagement Manager (Current Employee), Maitland FLFebruary 5, 2014
Fantastic place to work and most all employees are great to work with. However, I found that the culture in my department was not supportive of personal growth. I truly felt that "survival of the fittest" was the unspoken measurement
Great Place to Work
Functional Consultant - Nationwide (Former Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: could be long hours
I loved working for Ellucian. Daily work consisted of meeting with clients to determine their Admissions needs, then giving them 'best practices" consulting to ensure the greatest success.
Great company to work for, rewarding career.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), TexasJune 26, 2013
Pros: flexibility, competitive salary, advancement opportunities, great benefits
A great company to work for that offers a rewarding career, advancement opportunities, benefits & flexibility to grow with the company.
Consultant
Consultant (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJune 22, 2013
Work remotely with clients and travel throughout the United States. Lots of room for dvelopment and growth. Co-workers are great to work with and are willing to share and help when needed. Shifts in management so that has been a huge challenge.
Good Company
WebFOCUS BI/Developer/Analyst (Current Employee), Henrico, VAJune 12, 2013
Pros: work remotely
Cons: work remotely
Work remotely, excellent benefits...................................................................................................................................................................................
Dynamic workplace serving different departments with different computer needs
Help Desk Immaculata University (Contract) (Current Employee), Immaculata UniversityMay 28, 2013
Pros: great working environment, fair lunch breaks, healthcare, college benefits
Cons: n/a
I was stationed at Immaculata University as a Help Desk Analyst. In a day I would answer open and close between 20 - 30 tickets, except Friday being a slow day tickets would rarely reach a high of 10. Incoming calls would require me to help clients troubleshoot computer problems on the network, and help produce solutions for future problems to help – more... reduce calls into the Help Desk.
Depending on the computer problem, sometimes we (as a team) we required to temporarily replace computers and repair the machine so it may be returned to it fixed location.
Gained knowledge in imaging computers, installing Windows Server on servers, installing Windows 7 on end machines. – less
Director of Academic Computing (Current Employee), Wheeling, ILMay 6, 2013
Good place to work with great potential. Good benefits, fair management.
Not a bad place, if you can keep your job
Consultant (Former Employee), Malvern, PAMarch 8, 2013
Pros: working in higher education; flexibility
Cons: job stability; time on the road can get to be too much
Ellucian isn't a bad place to work. I think the benefits/pay are pretty good and there is typically a great deal of freedom in how you complete your job. However, if you are seeking job stability, it may not be the place for you.
Team oriented culture
Senior Sales Administrator (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: free soda!
Cons: change in management
While employed with Ellucian (formerly Datatel) I was lucky enough to hold jobs in both the IT and Sales Division. While doing these jobs, I thoroughly learned the Office suite of products, specifically Excel utilizing spreadsheets, formulas & pivot tables. My fellow team members were very supportive and always "had my back". The hardest part of my – more... job was working with remote employees trying to make sure the results I sent them was exactly what they were requesting. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. – less
Productive day at work
ERP Programmer/System Analyst (Current Employee), ConnecticutJanuary 10, 2013
You get a lot of support from managed services, you get a lot of opportunities to get free training.
Fun and a great learning envrioment for an intern
Internship (Former Employee), Port Huron, MichiganDecember 18, 2012
A typical work day would include addressing e-mails, walk-ins, and phone calls from faculty and staff members involving issues with technology. Create and assign tickets in help desk system to resolve problems, assign to correct department.

Limited support is sometimes provided over the phone for simple tasks, others would involve physically walking – more... to the site to assist faculty and staff members. – less
Software and hardware
Remote desktop gives the admin tools to reset (Former Employee), orlando,flDecember 12, 2012
Great place to work at really, I like the fact that they work there with there employess

About Ellucian

Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, – Read more