Ellucian Employee Reviews

Nice people, stedy work
Call Center Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 31, 2016
Nice place to work good people. job was in a temporary status so did not have options for any benefits. hours are OK first shift allot more busy then others. no information is given on the chance to be hired on as a steady phone tech. kept in a temp status for undisclosed time frame. some had been there over a year and still not asked to come on board Perm
Pros
nice people good environment
Cons
Hours are odd in the way there set up starting with second shift
A Decent Work Employer
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXOctober 28, 2016
Just a typical work place working in the IT department. Managers care more about themselves than the employees. Typically you have to research a problem or know a solution since no "expertise" training are available.
Pros
Vacation, 401K, health insurance
Cons
pay, work load is heavy. Managers aren't helpful in most days.
Good to work poor to learn and growth
Strategic Solution Director for LAC (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2016
Good environment, but lack of strategy. Old fashion company with amazing market opportunity. Areas working like silos. Huge gaps between current market needs and solutions to provide.

Terrible process to legalize travel expenses, often you have to pay credit card from you own pocket and finance for the process issues not for financial reasons.

Remote work is the best!
Pros
Remote job
Cons
Lack of clear strategy, areas works for silos.
Laid back environment but professional with a sense of purpose
Delivery Lead (contract) (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 20, 2016
Typical work day was 8-9 hours. I learned but CRM which was new to me. Management was young, ambitious, and professional. They were fair to their subordinates. Co-workers were smart and hard working.
Pros
Work and atmosphere
Cons
The commute was a long way for me
It is a Paycheck
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 31, 2016
Not great, not bad. Absolutely no loyalty to employees. Emergency meeting on a Thursday, told us if we receive an email by noon on Thursday, tomorrow Friday at noon was our last day, We were sold three times in the five years I was there.
Ellucian
Senior Information Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 5, 2017
Servicing the IT needs of "Higher Education", new CIO's or new servers this company delivers. Banner is a big product and helps a lot of students. Work in progress right with their schools.
productive fun place to work
Business Information Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 22, 2016
Though I was just an intern, it was a great experience. Fun place to work, supportive co-workers. They provide lunch for prolonged meetings. Pop corn every Friday.
Fun place to work.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 2, 2016
I have already provide a review for this and I do not understand why I have to do it again. I liked the company they are doing away with the EOC position so I am leaving the company.
Minimal employee training
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 23, 2016
They expect performance, but you are left on your own to learn new technology. The upper management is disconnected from the employee. The best part of the job was working with my immediate co-workers. The team supported each other in various ways.
Pros
Flexible with work conditions. They allow working remotely.
Cons
Clients develop unrealistic expectations
Nice coworker
Helpdesk Technician (contract) (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 6, 2016
I really did like this job. I was working there from a temp agency and I was let go of low volume calls. They did ask if I had want to come back but I had already started at ConvergysWish I had took that chance.

Want to know more about Ellucian?

Ask a question
Not a good experience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 5, 2016
Decent pay and benefits. Could work from home. That's it.

Had to learn everything on my own. Company doesn't invest in their people. Managers are clueless. Products are subpar. Company doesn't care about their people. Private equity firm will layoff, streamline, and sell for profit without concern of the people. The product I supported wilted and people left in droves. Eventually there was 1 employee to support dozens of clients. UNBELIEVABLE!
Pros
Not much other than it paid the bills
Cons
Tons of issues and management doesn't want to hear about them
Definitely temporary!
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HELPDESK (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2016
The management is no good and there is no job security but if you are able to stick around you can pick up on a lot of things that other companies will want you to know for an entry level tech.
Pros
They will usually work with your schedule
Cons
Short breaks, no job security
Terrible place to work
Tier 1 Help Desk Analyst (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 28, 2016
I worked as a help desk analyst where the management continually micromanaged everything. Tried to make changes that were never consistent but always made things worse. Only good thing is that every once in a while you get free food that people bring in and free soda, other then that it was terrible. The leads who are currently there were there the longest and became leads because the manager felt bad about them not progressing and decided to put them in a better position but barely know the information about the schools we receive on a daily basis. The current manager who was passed on multiple times to become a manager micromanages everything and doesn't know as much as he portrays himself to know. It is more about who you know and if you are willing to join the in crowd to where you will be benefited. If you choose not to then you will be singled out. Luckily I found a way better paying job with a better environment. I'm not even going to give in two weeks because they always show a lack of respect when it comes to just letting people go without notice.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Everything other then the soda
Good company with a true focus on higher education
Chief Information Officer / Technical Director (Current Employee) –  TravelingOctober 14, 2015
I have worked for this company for almost two decades and this company is truly focused on provided quality services to benefit student success in higher education.
Pros
International company, higher education focused
Cons
Health benefits are not the best
Great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Gained a lot of experience in many areas however silo'd environment limits growth. Has been getting better but still needs work
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Poor comp
Poor enviroment
Proposal Writer and Client Partner (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 29, 2015
This company may have been good at some point, but has become a scary place to work. Continued changes in direction, management, layoffs of complete departments- all result in fear-based management.

Decent products, but management is very unprofessional. New CEO is complete diversion from corporate reputation previously experienced by a solid, energizing company.
Pros
Nice people, good solutions
Cons
Management, management, management
Good Company
Director (Former Employee) –  Fairfax VAMay 21, 2015
Ellucian has great potential. They lack any real accountability at the higher levels of management. The lower level are used as human bullet sponges and seldom last more than a year or two. Product Development is especially problematic. They consistently walk through delivery deadlines with no repercussions and as a result customer trust equity has been squandered.

They don't value their employees. I worked there for over a year and was recently riffed. They couldn't fire me on performance issues so they told my that my position was going away then posted an opening for my position the next day.
Pros
Leader in Higher Ed Market
Cons
Clickish - Does not value their employees
Nice place to work
Cloud Solutions Engineer/Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FL ( remote)November 19, 2015
A Nice place to work with very intelligent and technically sound people who are always willing to share knowledge and collaborate
Productive, leading, and innovative company with a winning strategy and approach to sales and services
Director, Latin America Services and Solutions (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 13, 2014
The company partners with its employees to enable them to advance in their career paths and professional objectives. Senior leaders often engage with employees to mentor and learn from them. Colleagues are like family and are always happy to help and work together with you to achieve your goals. You always learn something new, and have the opportunity to travel the globe.
Do not get excited!
Help desk (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FlNovember 9, 2014
A cut throat company that only hires contractors-no job security.

Old outdated computers that new hires are expected to repair.

Imbalance of female employees.

Training is a "stress interview" a game of chess.
Questions earn you a pink slip for incompetence.

A+ certification needs to be included in job description.
Pros
good pay, unlimited coffee, tea, soda
Cons
job security, anti social atmosphere, no training, open door policy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ellucian. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9