In the Senior Business System Analyst role, you will leverage your skills across a multi-faceted organization, meeting business and operational needs and facilitating technology delivery for a fast-paced organization. This full-time role is located with EGI in New Castle, PA and reports to the Director of Corporate Business Systems.
The Senior Business System Analyst will ensure business/operations has access to relevant information to influence strategic decision-making and the day-to-day management.
Work cross-functionally to drive strategies, optimize analysis capability, and leverage technical and non-technical knowledge and processes to solve business/operational challenges and problems.
Facilitate requirements gathering sessions and evaluates business/operational process implications of system requirements, making appropriate design/redesign recommendations.
Analyze business/operational processes of proposed or completed acquisitions. Provide plans to migrate process of acquired businesses to EGI applications/processes.
Perform implementation planning or business case analysis for applications.
Create and maintain processes and procedures to efficiently develop test and deploy decision support tools and reports used in operations. Develop reporting requirements to resolve a variety of business- and operational-related problems.
Manage inventory and life cycle of routine reports to ensure efficient delivery of high quality, high impact business intelligence. Drive the development and enhancement of self-service reports and analytics capabilities, automating when possible.
Document requirements and work flow diagrams with focus on process improvements.
Develop programming specifications that can be passed to internal, as well as external programming resources as needed.
Address changing user requirements while maintaining design and system integrity.
Create and deploy test plans, testing, documenting, and tracking issues while ensuring timely issue resolution.
Coordinate procedures development and system documentation.
Create and maintain ad hoc data capture systems as required to provide data not captured by core business applications.
Contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of a robust business acceptance process in terms of building internal customer relationships, documentation, user training, user support, regular communication and ongoing development.
Provide expert coaching, training, and knowledge development to other members of EGI and its business units.
Provide backup and support to EGI Information Technology Department at other EGI business units on an as needed basis.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of operational and business processes
- Ten years of experience as an application analyst or similar business analyst position
- ERP/Integrated manufacturing system implementation experience (Symix / Syteline preferred).
- Demonstrated project management knowledge and experience, including the ability to successfully conclude projects in an efficient manner
- Experience in merger and acquisition transactions preferred
- Issue resolution and strong problem solving skills to result in quality solutions
- Analytical and quantitative skills, including ability to perform a variety of analyses
- SQL knowledge a plus
- Coaching, training, and people management/development skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel 40 – 50% (will vary per project)
Interested and qualified candidates may apply through PA CareerLink’s website at www.cwds.state.pa.us to Job Order #4047938. EGI is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.