Elmcroft Senior Living Employee Reviews

Nice people. Understanding management
Housekeeper, Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXFebruary 11, 2017
Very nice hiring manager. Nice staff. They helped out a lot. Understanding and very nice atmosphere. I had different jobs because they trusted me to do them.
good
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duncansville, PAFebruary 9, 2017
Elmcroft has a very nice work environment. Everyone is so nice and caring towards their residents. Some days are stressful. I love being able to have conversations with all the residents.
Assistant
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 24, 2017
Is a great place to work with. Family oriented and the staff really loves the residence. The managers are wonderful and I comfortably feel that I can talk to any of the managers about anything. Elmcroft is a very clean and wonderful place to work.
Pros
Family orinented
Cons
not ma hours
Do not apply & don't think about it!
Management (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 16, 2017
This place is HORRIBLE! The management team is not a team! They sweep everything under the rug and will place the blame on you! It's not a good place!
Pros
Residents
Cons
This place is a good company to work for.
Caregiver/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 15, 2017
This company has a lot for you to advance in. The management is really good. If you have a problem you feel comfortable going to management about it and they will do something about it.
Pros
good environment
Cons
could get paid more
Management and staff
RA (Former Employee) –  Florence KyJanuary 11, 2017
Horrible place for employment! To much confrontation between shifts and upper nanagenent! If u are not liked or fit in nurses and staff will bully and sabotage to force u to leave or quit! No support from management or corporate serious complaints go unanswered or u are forced to quit! Drugs in the work place, poor to little care for residents! Would not recommend anyone to place their loved ones there! State needs to shut it down!!
Pros
Cons
No breaks, employees under the influence of narcotics!!
Do not come to work here
Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2017
This place will leave you stressed and afraid to come to work. They hire anybody off the street out of desperation and it shows. The executive director flirts with the employees, the resident service director only cares about her self and even gossiped to me about some of the employees when i first started. The environment is chaotic and everyone gossips about other people instead pf working together as a unit. Do NOT work here if you can help it.
Pros
If you're best friends with the director, you're good
Cons
Short breaks, favoritism, low pay
Okay
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJanuary 5, 2017
Okay place to work residents are awesome, management needs to go take some management classes because they are subpar when it comes to running the place
Dont set yourself up
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 1, 2017
Overworked underpayed. The over night crew is the sleeping crew. The management sucks and will talk to you any type of way.
The only thing good about the roswell location is the activity director and the residents..i would advise that families not to put their love one in this place..they work what they are payed and a unhappy employee makes an unhappy customer. What they charge you want get your monies worth. You may as well leave them at home and hire private help. This place is horrible.
They do cover ups before the corporate staff comes out or state. Smh
Pros
The residents
Cons
Bad staff, bad management etc
Debbie Coon
Business Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 30, 2016
I Love my job here at Elmcroft. From the time I walk in the door till the time I leave I am very busy. I run the Business Office, it is hard to put into words all that I do. I am a very reliable, responsible, hard working, individual that can multitask with the best of them.
I am responsible for all new hire paperwork, payroll, accounts payable, HR related paperwork, inventory, new resident move in data, and so much more.
I get along well with all my co-workers. I am a part of a 8 person management team that runs this building. We have 45 resident assistants that come to me for all their needs.
The hardest part of my job has been when the residents pass away. I have grown so close to them they are like family. My Mother also lived here and passed away this year. This is the only reason I am looking for a new position.
The most enjoyable part of my job are the residents! They are such a joy and it is my privilege to try and make every day just a little brighter.
I would be an asset to any company that I work for and have been. No one has ever been sorry they hired me. I have personal references in writing from everyone I have ever worked for.
Pros
Residents, Insurance, Free Lunch
Great company fun place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARDecember 27, 2016
Needs to get everything in order.they work as a team.but mangement wasnt very Appreciative. Overall it is a good place to work. I love the Environment
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
ShortBreaks
The management
Residents Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 9, 2016
I wouldn't advise anyone to work here. The management is so terrible. They didn't train me at all,gave me all my training work 3 weeks late and wanted me to rush and do it cause they jobs were on the line. Thank god I was certified and knew everything I was doing. They attitudes are so cocky and disrespectful...I wouldn't allow my parents to go to this place because some of the CNA don't do they jobs...it's WAY better places than this
Pros
Non
Cons
Attitude, late training, poor house keeping
Managements sucks. Poorly ran facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 5, 2016
Would be a great place to work if it was ran better! Very high turnover. No one works as a team. I was warned before I started to make this a temporary place of employment but I didn't listen.
Always short handed, and our days constantly being cut
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, AROctober 26, 2016
No communication, all they care about is making money the residents and employees are treated like we are replaceable.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
barely ever got a break, but always got it taken out of my check
Not a good place to work for for
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVOctober 21, 2016
Loved my residents but management and corporate suck. They do not care about the residents or their staff 2 years of crying and i finally had to leave
Pros
Residents
Cons
Majority of the time we didn't get lunch, management sucks, not enough pay, to much drama, nurses do not care about residents
My experience
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 25, 2016
Was a great place to work at for a person with no kids and no dreams of having children. But towards the end i had the worst experience with them which is why i wouldn't go back to them, also they didn't give me my raise because i went on maternity leave which is another reason i left.
Worst decision I ever made
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 23, 2016
This was by far the worst professional decision I ever made. Horrible. Being a salaried employee, I worked 12-14 hrs a day, not to mention the 16 hr doubles I had to work due to poor staffing. No sleep as the phone calls came 24/7... Lazy manager that thought her job was to spout out orders and hold her desk down... No support from the manager and Corporate was full of empty promises...The resident's were the ones suffering though. The push for census led to ridiculous aide to resident ratios. If you have no life, no kids, no family, no hobbies, no pets, etc, this might be the place for you. It was Not for me. My suggestion is to consider if you really want to turn your life over to a job or not.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Residents are very nice. Some employees are great.
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MISeptember 17, 2016
If your not in the click of the rsd or the tdc, your life will be horrible there! Residents don't receive meds like there supposed to and if you say something about it, no one will correct the problem and it will be put under the rug! I wouldn't put my parents in a place like that.
Cons
Bad management and they lie! Run away.
Great place to work with great employees.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 16, 2016
I love my co workers. I absolutely love my residents. I have learned a lot working here as long as I have. I have not regretted a day since I have started. I work with a good crew.
Horrible place to work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 15, 2016
This is one of the worst place I have worked. The administration is lazy, loud, ghetto and very unprofessional. They are understaffed by choice to keep bonuses for them. They expect the nurses to do total patient care because they do not want to staff the place with care staff. The poor residents are half taken care of. This place does not care for their employees at all. Do not work here. I worked here for a little over a year and things never changes. They got worse!
Pros
Sweet residents
Cons
Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elmcroft Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9