Elmcroft Senior Living

Elmcroft Senior Living Employee Reviews

hard work and low pay
night shift supervisor (Current Employee), Brownstown, MIMay 2, 2015
Pros: residents are great, good benefits, overall cleanliness of building
Cons: low pay, short staffed, overworked
I am a night shift supervisor at Elmcroft. I love my job and my residents. I've been here for 2 years and plan to stay on until I'm done with nursing school.
HOWEVER, the pay is at least $2/hour below what it should be across the board. Night shift is constantly understaffed. We don't have a night shift housekeeper anymore, so my staff of 5 people in the whole building is responsible for resident care, laundry and housekeeping duties, in addition to handling whatever emergencies might come up. There are nearly 80 residents in the building divided amongst 5 people.
not a good place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Medina, OHMarch 15, 2015
not a good place to work for, loved the seniors not the staff... i wouldn't work there... the nurses are not good, they don't care about their residents .. the aides cared about the residents more then the nurses .
Fast paced experience, but terrible staff and under paid.
Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), Florence, KYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: the residents
Cons: co-workers fight about who does what, lack of management, and extremely under paid
The environment was very appealing to the eye. The residents were fun, funny, and full of life. However the co-workers complained, argued, and ignored cognitive residents. There were many call offs and many leaving while I was there.

The people you work with complain more than they actually work. They skip doing certain actions because they just don't want to. Management doesn't really care, the scheduling nurse completely ignores your requests for time off. If you want to do something you have to call off and act like you're sick the day you have a doctors appointment scheduled, or she WILL schedule you as opposed to giving a two week notice before such an event.

As a "resident assistant" you toilet, dress, dog walk, bathe, transfer from chair to table, or apartment to dining room, you clean rooms, do dishes, take out trash, make beds, do laundry, serve, and ohh soo much more for the least pay in the whole facility. The receptionist sits at a desk answers calls every few hours, or hourly and schedules an appointment and or tells them to call back later, leaves a note for whomever is above them and moves about their day for around 10 or 11/hr. While house keeping moves around the building mops, sweeps, dusts, and cleans tiny counters and continues their day for 12/hr. They only do that little process for six rooms a day in an eight hour shift and vacuum infrequently around the building in an eight hour shift. Then, they proceed to eat, talk, and do nothing for the rest of the day until they clock out.

The "nurse assistants" have a resident ratio of about 20:1, sometimes more depending on what hall you receive. They do everything listed above and more for 9/hr. It's suppose to be "assisted living", not a nursing home.
elmcroft twin hills madison, tn
caregiver (Former Employee), madison, tnFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great employees
Cons: management and plentiful bedbugs
When i first started at this job i had every intention for it to be a great experience for me, because I was doing the things that i love which was care for the residents. But as I the months went by i realized that management doesnt care anything about the residents or the workers. You had the administrator coming in along with the activity director that is still currently working there getting there hair done in the residents beauty shop. using up there hair care products. that is one of the many things that was wrong with this place. we are not going to mention all the flat screen televisions that come up missing especially when new residents enter the building. they also have a serious bed bug problem. they act like its the employees bringing it in but in reality its the facility. the place should be condeemed and shut down i wouldnt let my animal step in that place.
wonderful
Memory Care Director (Current Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Tranquillity is a wonderful company. I've had nothing but positive experiences. Lots of opportunity to grow within the company.
not a nice place to work
utility/ cook (Former Employee), shippensburg, paJanuary 28, 2015
I wish I could have continued my employment at elmcroft but the management was ignorant and the kitchen was filthy.
Productive, fun work enviorment
Temporary Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not enough lighting in parking area when working night shifts
They have their picks and choses, but overall the majority of the staff was professional and cared about the residents
Lack of appreciation
N/A (Current Employee), Twin Hills, Madison TNDecember 3, 2014
Pros: being able to put a smile on faces of the residents, and perhaps making their lives just a tiny bit better.
Cons: corporate garbage.......they don't care at all, except about the money they make.
The people for the most part are good people that care at least at the Twin Hills facility, however.....the corporate people honestly don't care at all about the residents. No matter what it's all about money. They don't care about employees unless they can help them make more money. They lie constantly and the harder you work and the more you give them........the more they want and expect. I would not recommend anyone taking a job with this company but if you care about the elderly and don't mind take a little garbage from the company you work for then perhaps it's someplace you may be able to make a difference in some wonderful elderly peoples lives.

January 29, 2015

Whoever posted this message is exactly correct as I am the last Maintenance Director and I left because of the lack of appreciation at Elmcroft. I worked my butt off and all they did was demanded more. I have talked with the Vice Pres. of Elmcroft to let him know of the many issues at the Twin Hills location and I just want to let anyone know that is considering a job at the Twin Hills facility........reconsider it for your own good. I was there for almost 11 months and gave 110% daily with little or no appreciation. So be wise in your decision to work there. Employees are leaving there constantly, all you have to do is to keep searching and you will see that jobs keep popping up there. I think that's a tale tell sign that they can't keep employees happy and the residents aren' t very happy there either. This is just the opinion of another one of Twin Hills casualties. Oh and do your homework because you will find that in the 10 months that I was there they also went through 3 Executive Directors..........just a little FYI.

Horrible Place to work
Med Tech (Former Employee), Duncansville, PaNovember 25, 2014
Pros: making the resident's happy
Cons: terrible place to work.
Management team is unprofessional and bully the staff, they are hateful and the morale of the staff is quite low. I would not recommend working for this company.
fun workplace
Dining Room Worker / Cook (Former Employee), Jackson, TNOctober 29, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was going in and seeing a big smile on all the residents faces.
terrible place to work
caregiver (Former Employee), sagamore hillsOctober 14, 2014
Cons: the company
under paid over worked horrible management no team players no incentives no NOTHING!!!! not a place I recommend to work.
Fun workplace
CARE ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Albuquerque, New MexicoOctober 8, 2014
This was a very great place to work. The management was awesome
Poor place to work
Nursing (Former Employee), LouisvilleSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: to many to list
This place pays Pennys and work you like a slave then it's outdated nothing is updated the C.N.A runs the build there is no order everything and everyone is all over the place.
THEY GO OUT ALOT
Medication Aide (Former Employee), Reading, PASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: pay rate is horrible
The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of a job well done, when a resident says thank you so much for taking such good care of me. that makes me happy.
good company
Community Relations Director (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNApril 15, 2014
good company have not worked there for very long..... new position
During my time with Elmcroft, it was a great place to work.
Community Relations Director (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 8, 2014
One of the most challenging, yet rewarding positions I've held.
The Residents are the best part
Waitstaff (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: relationships gained, free food
Cons: management is a little off
The best part about working at Elmcroft is definitely the residents. Some of them can be a little bit grouchy but the ones who aren't. are absolutely wonderful. They are sweet and funny and tell the best stories. You will definitely feel connected to many of them there.
ok place to work but dont see making a long term career
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Lima, OhJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: nice co workers, working with the residents
Cons: mandations, low pay..even for being certified.
This company is an overall "ok" place to work. I love the residents I work with. Management acts like you have no life outside of the workplace. Don't live up to their word.
A great company to work for; great benefits; exceptional mission statement and core values
Heartland Village Leader II (Former Employee), Windcrest, TXDecember 26, 2013
Pros: commissions, bonuses, holiday pay, happy employees, on going training, exceptional care, integrity, honesty, ethical.
Cons: "work hard, play hard."
Emeritus is one company that I have returned to several times as they are an exceptional and different proactive company that is heartfelt and caring to the staff and residents. They have great benefits, work ethics, new innovation, amazing training and a statement that really means what it says, "Our family is committed to yours."
Wonderful, fast paced, rewarding job
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Duncansville, PAJuly 7, 2013
Arriving at 11pm I would begin the industrial laundry, set the dining room for breakfast, answer pages from residents, do rounds checking in on certain residents, begin personal laundry, clean 6 community bathrooms, vacuum community areas, fill out nightly logs, and make sure everything is done at the correct times. Bring residents down to breakfast.