Elmcroft Senior Living Employee Reviews

Teamwork
Training and Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJanuary 12, 2016
A clean and progressive facility that is completely resident focused. Staff is hard working, open to education for growth and to better serve their residents.
Pros
good benifits
poor pay and poor benefits.
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 30, 2015
understaffed, poor pay, and poor benefits. the management does not show any appreciation for their workers and for assisted living they admit alot of people that belong in a nursing home
Very Rewarding and Enjoyable Job
Elmcroft Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXDecember 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Elmcroft and caring for the patients. This was the most rewarding job I have ever had because I love caring for people.
Overworked underpaid with no support
CNA (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CANovember 11, 2015
Private pay facility but employees are some of the lowest paid in the county. Facility is very outdated. Nurse assistants have no support from the licensed nurses. Seniority rules over others and their lack of compassion shows making the job very difficult. Due to the job load it is very difficult to find time to spend with residents which was the purpose of joining the medical field (for most of us at least).
Pros
Stepping stone to get into other jobs
Cons
pay, support from staff and management, parking
Horrible place to work
Caregiver/STNA (Former Employee) –  Sagamore Hills, OHNovember 5, 2015
No room to advance
No raises
Management is under qualified and uncaring
Virtually no training provided
No breaks
No compensation for lack of breaks
Always short staffed
Dirty
Huge work load sometimes only two caregivers for entire facility
Expected to do housekeeping on top of aide work
You will always feel horrible cause residents can never get needed care
Suppose to be assisted living but many patients are skilled care without the needed resources to care for them
Doesn't pay well at all
Aides treated like servents to the nurses not part of the nursing team
You won't learn much
I can't express to you how bad this place is and I honestly don't know how it's still open.
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 13, 2015
A typical day at work was fulfilling whatever needs the elderly needed. Management and everything was great. I learned a lot of valuable information. My co-workers were okay. There wasn't really anything hard about the job. All I had to do was come to work and do what I was supposed to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing smiles on the elderly's faces.
great environment for elderly lots of activities
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 5, 2015
the residents love playing bingo and cooking classes they keep the residents busy and active and I love working here being with the residents
Productive Fun work place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 16, 2015
Positive fun work place with great management and coworkers great learning experience I absolutely loved my residents they made my work experience there more enjoyable
Pros
working with the residents
Cons
my position being terminated
Helping people
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PASeptember 10, 2015
The resident are amazing.I've grown in compassion and integrity,Just helping is worth it and knowing you are depended on.
Pros
Cons
co workers not like residents
No Life, underpaid,70+ residents to 1 nurse on 2 floors
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Twin Hills Madison,TnAugust 29, 2015
I loved my job at first. I only received 1 day orientation before I was on my own with 2 carts and 70 + residents. They have very unrealistic ideas and goals of nursing and staff. They only have 2 full time nurses 1 day and 1 evening.So If one gets sick they expect the other to pick those hours up. As in my case my coworker had a death at the same time my mom got sick.I called the RSD who lived in the building and explained this and was told that I had to pick up coworkers days. I politely declined and said I would not be there the next day but I would work the weekend so she could go home. Well I was told the RSD could not do a double and she was on a date. I asked why not I stayed 3 whole days in facility because I was scheduled doubles and I lived an hour away. I was then told to find someone else to take care of my mom. I said ok my siblings live on the west coast if I can get one of them to go see about her I will be here but most likely I won't. I didn't show up and I was told that administrator would call me. I received no call but administrator's bestie started telling lies about me she was told by administrator at my new job.
Pros
Residents are awesome
Cons
Schedule changes daily so you have no life. Work load is to much.
the management and co-workers are a great team. Teamwork is how the day goes. if you need anything, they are there
Payroll Processor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 20, 2015
I come to work with a smile and leave with a smile. My job is processing 19 facilities payroll in several states. All though payroll is basically the same actions everyday; there is always questions and other duties that keep it exciting.
unorganized
Medication Technician/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2015
I worked her part time. Elmcroft is an ok place to work but not much organization, but that maybe has alot to do with the changes of executive directors frequently.
Pros
learning more
Cons
No team work
salary does not to job position
MEDICATION TECHNICIAN/CAREGIVER-FLOATER (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAAugust 5, 2015
Nursing staff are friendly and supportive although management do not really oversee employees' handwork. Salary is too low.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
lack of incentives
Hostile Work Environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJuly 29, 2015
Unprofessional, rude, unclear, inconsistent. Hired for a full time position, hours cut to 4 per week without any notice. Suggestive and verbal harassment are rampant and there is a fight every day. Absolute nightmare
Pros
good benefits, decent pay
Cons
unprofessional, hostile, unreliable
Corporate isn't supportive
Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 19, 2015
Regional support is horrendous
They look at you negatively when you try to make improvements.
Micromanagement at its finest.
Pros
wonderful residents
Nice Place to Work.
SRNA (Former Employee) –  LawrenceburgJuly 3, 2015
For the most part its a nice place to work. Most people there are nice, however the pay and benefits isn't the best. The residents are the best part of the job, a typical work day does have quite a bit of stress.
Caregiver and Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAJune 17, 2015
Will not tell no body to get a job there with Management they have there now. Co- Work got along. The hard part of the job is Management. The most enjoyable part is the resident What i learn don't care how nice you are everyone not going to like you
Pros
food ok
Cons
break when you can
Great for residents horrible for staff
resident assistant (Current Employee) –  lewisburgJune 8, 2015
You gain a great compassion for the residents that you work for and they can warm your heart on the coldest day. But management treat you like your a flea on their dog. You work twice as hard as people in fast food and make less. Your over worked and under appreciated. To your management is ever good enough and it never will be... Good luck
Pros
Residents, coworkers
Cons
low pay, bad head management, to much for little pay
Management work as a team/direct care staff keep the residents joyful.
(LPN) staff coordinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville TnMay 19, 2015
Just started working there and was pleasently surprised at just how much of a team environment it truly is. I've worked for two morning pointe assisted living locations in the area and those were a joke compared to the structure, support, direct care staff, management and care compared to Elmcroft assisted living in Knoxville west hills location. Every building has the common shift problems and complaints (so & so didn't do this or that, so & so won't do this or that) mainly petty problems that we all deal with but are able to manage and cope with. Management assist with direct care when needed, I showed up for my second interview and was greeted by a nurse and HR and both were sweating profusely, come to find out both had been giving all the RA's showers for the day since they had a no call no show and the person they called in needed a little extra time to prepare since she was originally off work. Everyone has one common goal, resident care comes above all else. Glad to be one of the few newest members of this building and newest member of middle management. I can definantly see retirement from this job/company with no second thoughts. I have only had one problem which was with the hiring process, I had to wait on labcorp who lost my drug screen and then took two extra weeks to process which in my opinion had nothing to do with Elmcroft as the ED and RSD stayed in constant contact with me and attempted to help push the process along every chance they got but were blocked at almost every turn by labcorp and their slow drawn out process and lack of urgency for people who are  more... trying to work and are only waiting on them to hurry up. I definantly recommend this company.... at least the west hills Knoxville location to anyone needing gainful dedicated employment.  less
Pros
Direct care staff is friendly and visibly Carring, management is very supportive.
Cons
Hiring process to actual start date is a bit long, jobs used as stepping stones for experience for some which increases turnover
hard work and low pay
night shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brownstown, MIMay 2, 2015
I am a night shift supervisor at Elmcroft. I love my job and my residents. I've been here for 2 years and plan to stay on until I'm done with nursing school.
HOWEVER, the pay is at least $2/hour below what it should be across the board. Night shift is constantly understaffed. We don't have a night shift housekeeper anymore, so my staff of 5 people in the whole building is responsible for resident care, laundry and housekeeping duties, in addition to handling whatever emergencies might come up. There are nearly 80 residents in the building divided amongst 5 people.
Pros
residents are great, good benefits, overall cleanliness of building
Cons
low pay, short staffed, overworked

2.9