Elmcroft Employee Reviews in United States

Assisted Living at its best
Resident Services Director (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAJanuary 12, 2016
Walking in the door every morning was like going to my 2nd home as it was warm and inviting. The staff and residents were all wonderful to work with. There were a multitude of personalities in a normal work day, including staff and residents. It was like putting together a puzzle, challenging and exciting.
Pros
Great invironment
Cons
staffing issues
nice assistant living communitiy
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJanuary 3, 2015
normally worked 4-7/8pm
would come in fill cereals and anything else left empty.
helped the chef cook, and get orders placed
helped nurses get patients drinks for dinner,
helped serve hot plates
washed dishes
swept and mopped kitchen
wiped tables
swept and vacuumed dining room
put away dishes

favorite part about working there was getting to know the residents
Pros
good first job
Cons
part time
Residents treated well, but employees are not
Community Relations (Former Employee) –  San Diego,CAOctober 25, 2014
Typical work day...10 to 12 hours. I had to learn how to do most everything without training, including Manager on Duty responsibilities for the entire campus. Resources are thin and support from district directors and corporate headquarters is limited. Co-workers were awesome, caring, hard working people. Hardest part of the job was maintaining census with overly priced rates and unpredictable deaths of residents. Also, the 3 hour time difference between the west coast and Kentucky headquarters. As a result of poor time management by the Directors, everyone is burnt out in 3 months. The most enjoyable part of the job.....the residents and their families.
Pros
residents are treated well and attended to by loving staff.
Cons
maintains a reputation in the industry as a "revolving door" for ed's, sales staff and rn's.
Dont work here unless you have no were else to apply
RA, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 31, 2014
There is only two things that i enjoyed while i worked here. Those two things were the residents and my fellow RA's.

Everything else was a complete and horendous nightmare
Pros
the ra's who were my co-workers were amazing people.
Cons
managment sucked, short staffed, not treated well, too many hours at times and to little amount of hours at other times, disrespectful managment
A day at work
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 7, 2014
To begin each day I walk in and setup the tables for breakfast (fix glasses of water, breakfast juice) then I prepare their plates. afterwards me and another coworker clean up (do dishes, sweep floor, clean off tables). then its shower time for most residents. everyday I learn something new rather its about a resident or a different way to do something.i work with a great team of coworkers, we all work as a team. the best part of my job is actually sitting down and hearing stories from different residents lives and interacting with them. management is good but I dislike the fact that they don't do what they say.
Pros
team work
Cons
low pay
Enjoy the employees that I work with!!
3rd Shift Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 9, 2013
My position can be very challenging most of the time, due to being short staff most of the time. The most enjoyable part is the appreciation that the residents show. Just knowing that I make them feel a little better is very fulfilling. I work with some amazing people, the CNA's that I do have work very hard to do a good job and I appreciate them for that. 3rd shift entails a lot of the administrative paperwork, such as re-writes, MARS, TARS, 30 minutes checks, verify MD orders, check charts, treatments, schedule lab work and much more.
Pros
enjoy the residents and their stories
Cons
no breaks
lovely people
Medication Technician/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Montrose, CAFebruary 1, 2014
great environment, beautiful people
the hardest part of the job is looking after 150+ residents
...my co-workers were great, no conflicts
...the most enjoyable part of my job were the residents, i took some time to stop by and talk to them becasue sometimes all they want is a companion to talk to and that honestly was the highlight of my day, they were super adorable with very interesting backgrounds
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pocahontas, ARJanuary 9, 2013
Elmcroft was a wonderful place to work with decent health benefits after a certain time. The local management are friendly and helpful. Corporate does not tend to listen to the issues that employees are asked to write in about. The hardest part of my job as a kitchen assistant was leaving the place. The most enjoyable portion of my job was interacting with and getting to know the residents.
Very fun workplace that keeps you busy.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 12, 2012
A typical day at work is very busy but full of love and hugs from the senior citizens that live at elmcroft. I have learned that there is plenty to learn from someone who has live a few 90 or 100 years. My co-workers are very hardworking and dedicated individuals and I am thatnkful to work with such a great team. The hardest part of the job is probably learning to deal with all the different personalities that you encount4er on a daily basis, some of which are not very pleasant. The most enjoyable part of this job is when the residents tell you how much they appreciate you and express their gratitude for the job you do.
Pros
free bvreakfast, lunch, and dinner, excellent coworkers and residents.
Cons
may lack break time some days and at times have to deal with upset residents.
Not a place to recommend
Cook/Server/care attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 3, 2014
I would not recommend this place of employment to ANYBODY!
The residents were very easy laid back and a joy to help and to around. Management and fellow employees maybe lacking! Theres major conflicts with operation standards.
Pros
can not comfortably give pros
Cons
management

Want to know more about Elmcroft?

Ask a question
resident care
Resident Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHFebruary 24, 2015
i help take care of resident daily tasks dressing feeding cleaning toilting and bathing. also just general cleaning as well and laundry and whatever else needs they might have
Provided non-medical in home care assistance for seniors and disabled adults
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MISeptember 7, 2012
• Transported patients, using wheelchair and wheeled cart and assisted patients to walk.
• Served and collected food trays and fed patients requiring help.
• Answered signal lights to determined patients needs.
• Bathed, dressed and undressed patients.
Elmcroft of La Mesa
Lead Receptionist (Current Employee) –  La Mesa CAAugust 27, 2013
i really Enjoy working here and i enjoy spending time with the residents ,Very lovable environment , Mangers are great they make you feel at home, My coworkers are easy to work with i learned variety of things and I will miss everyone here , but i would like a better opportunity for my career .
its an ok place to work at times
resident assistant (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 27, 2013
productive fun work place at times this company do beleave in moveing you up in the comp. they are a very friendly place to work .
Pros
you can move up the company do beleave in harining with in
Cons
they dont take up or speak up for there workers
Not enough staff
Aide (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCMay 30, 2012
The staff turnover seems to take place too often. Let too many good workers go and causes the others workers hardship by not having sufficate staffing.
Pros
good benifits, very caring staff, very compassionate
Cons
some skill residents at thing non skilled facility
All around GREAT company to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant/Resident Care Aid (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2014
An absolute great atmosphere on the job. Management was great, they really cared about any questions and concerns you had. Not only were they great to the residents but really had the employees best interest at heart.The co-workers had great communication skills; don't get me wrong there was some issues, but being mature we used our problem solving skills and solved our issues professionally. Always worked good as a team. The hardest part of the job was probably the dining room, only because of the size and it was pretty time consuming. The more we spent in there the less time we had for the residents. I'd say the most enjoyable part of my job was coming in every day to the smiling faces of residents. Knowing I could make an impact on their days and lives by just simply having conversation or assisting with their needs. They were always so grateful and very thankful, little did they know that they made a huge impact on my life to.
Pros
free lunches, great working atmosphere
Cons
constant change of management
Coworkers and Family
STNA (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 25, 2014
It had it slow and fast periods and everyone was treated like family but they didnt have a lot of room to pick up additional hours and it didnt pay real well but it was a wonderful loving enviornment.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pocahontas, ARMay 20, 2014
I loved working at Elmcroft. I have worked there a lot of years and loved my co-workers and the residents. I didn't like leaving there. There were a lot of job duties which I loved.
Excellent Employer
Activities Specialist/General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 9, 2013
I enjoy working both with and for Elmcroft of Medina. They provide an environment to their employees that allows everyone to feel like family.
I learned alot from my coworkers
RCA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2013
I did my externs for UMA here. There were a handful of coworkers that taught me more than I learned in school. When management changed so do the attitude of the work place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elmcroft. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7