Elmcroft

Elmcroft Employer Reviews

A day at work
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Jackson, TNMay 7, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: low pay
To begin each day I walk in and setup the tables for breakfast (fix glasses of water, breakfast juice) then I prepare their plates. afterwards me and another coworker clean up (do dishes, sweep floor, clean off tables). then its shower time for most residents. everyday I learn something new rather its about a resident or a different way to do something.i – more... work with a great team of coworkers, we all work as a team. the best part of my job is actually sitting down and hearing stories from different residents lives and interacting with them. management is good but I dislike the fact that they don't do what they say. – less
Prepare to be overworked and underpaid. Management team is inexperienced and inconsiderate!
Medication Technician (Former Employee), Victoria, TXMay 4, 2014
Pros: the residents
Cons: just about everything
The only highlight of this job is the bonds you build with the residents, and even though it is your job to treat the residents like family, don't think you'll be able to come visit if you're not working. And now that I'm not an employee any longer, I am banned from the building. I don't know if I'll ever be able to see the residents I fell in love – more... with any longer; it's a shame, and it's heartbreaking.

You work almost a year at this place, new, young management comes in, and everyone starts to leave. This results in not having enough staff in all areas. So, everyone is having to fill in for other shifts for other jobs. They don't start your pay out at what you deserve, but they expect you to be there every single time they call and schedule you; they will work you a 12 hour shift, and turn around and have you come in 8 hours later to work an 8 hour shift; it's a death sentence.. or at least a trip to the doctor to increase your blood pressure medications because this job is that stressful, and it's ALL because of the management team in the front offices. This includes the very inexperienced Executive Director whom was on board and claiming he was going to get the place up and running strong again; that's a joke. And then he brings in the very young "RN" "big-headed" Resident Services Director who quite frankly doesn't care about you or your life outside of the workplace. She'll throw you on the schedule and expect you to be there at whatever time, 6-7 days a week, and if you can't work it, you've lost your job. The employees there right now are working 60 or more hours a week, and they've let me know that it is killing them.

I was pretty much backed into a corner and forced to leave by the RSD. Let me explain my situation; I was a night medication technician. My hours were M-F 10 PM - 6 AM. I chose to work nights because I could leave my child with my family at night, take my child to school every day and pick her up every day, and the other night medication tech wanted to work weekends. I told the Executive Director when he first started that I could not work before 6 PM on weekdays, and I wanted to be asked first before I was put on the schedule for weekend days. He was totally ok with that. And then they hired the Resident Services Director (on a side note, this chick is young, inconsiderate, rude, talks down to her employees, talks over you, will not let you get a word in, cops an attitude, etc.. need I say more?). She comes in, and people start quitting left and right.. You wonder why Elmcroft is hiring for just about every position right now? That's why. So the current employees are having to pick up slack by working former employees shifts, caregivers are working by themselves with 50 something residents to tend to, and being overworked (50 or more hours per week). They are working 2 jobs for 1 pay, but Elmcroft IS saving money, right? This place will suck the life out of you, and if you have young children at home, don't expect for them to understand that you have the first and foremost responsibility as a parent.

Beware, is all I can say. I left because they wanted me to choose my job over my daughter; they scheduled me to come in, knowing I had to pick up my child from school, AND it didn't matter that I had just gotten off work at 630 AM that morning; they expected me to be back at 2 PM.

The only decent management in that place is the Dining area. The Dining Services Director is just about the only manager whom is fair to her employees. Bottom line.

Leaving this place was the best decision I ever made. I found a much better job with awesome, employer paid benefits, a significant raise in pay, Monday - Friday 8-5 job.. Every holiday and weekend off. Elmcroft pays you holiday pay for ONLY 2 holidays.. it's a joke. There are other jobs out there. Do not settle. I see Elmcroft, especially in the Victoria, TX location, setting itself on fire. They will never be able to make it here with the job turnover reputation that they carry, and the horrible, horrible management team which includes the Executive Director, the Resident Services Director, and the Business Office Coordinator (who is incredibly fake and so busy talking about everyone behind their backs). The residents are so unhappy there that they wish they could go somewhere else, and many are looking into just that.

Don't say I didn't warn you. – less
Coworkers and Family
STNA (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 25, 2014
It had it slow and fast periods and everyone was treated like family but they didnt have a lot of room to pick up additional hours and it didnt pay real well but it was a wonderful loving enviornment.
worst place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 16, 2014
worst place to work
prejudice and uneducated manangers
below working standards
under staff
heavy workload, under paid
extreme neglect of resident.
lovely people
Medication Technician/Caregiver (Former Employee), Montrose, CAFebruary 1, 2014
great environment, beautiful people
the hardest part of the job is looking after 150+ residents
...my co-workers were great, no conflicts
...the most enjoyable part of my job were the residents, i took some time to stop by and talk to them becasue sometimes all they want is a companion to talk to and that honestly was the highlight of my day, they were – more... super adorable with very interesting backgrounds – less
typical as a CNA job
internship (Current Employee), louisvilleDecember 16, 2013
care for 12 residents
give 2 showers
other duties as needed

very typical nursing home cna job
Enjoy the employees that I work with!!
3rd Shift Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Muncie, INNovember 9, 2013
Pros: enjoy the residents and their stories
Cons: no breaks
My position can be very challenging most of the time, due to being short staff most of the time. The most enjoyable part is the appreciation that the residents show. Just knowing that I make them feel a little better is very fulfilling. I work with some amazing people, the CNA's that I do have work very hard to do a good job and I appreciate them for – more... that. 3rd shift entails a lot of the administrative paperwork, such as re-writes, MARS, TARS, 30 minutes checks, verify MD orders, check charts, treatments, schedule lab work and much more. – less
Fun place to work
CNA (Current Employee), Martinez, GASeptember 8, 2013
typical day is patient care. Coworkers are fun to work. The most enjoyable part of job is working with the patient.
Elmcroft of La Mesa
Lead Receptionist (Current Employee), La Mesa CAAugust 27, 2013
i really Enjoy working here and i enjoy spending time with the residents ,Very lovable environment , Mangers are great they make you feel at home, My coworkers are easy to work with i learned variety of things and I will miss everyone here , but i would like a better opportunity for my career .
I learned alot from my coworkers
RCA (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 22, 2013
I did my externs for UMA here. There were a handful of coworkers that taught me more than I learned in school. When management changed so do the attitude of the work place
Excellent Employer
Activities Specialist/General Assistant (Current Employee), Medina, OHMay 9, 2013
I enjoy working both with and for Elmcroft of Medina. They provide an environment to their employees that allows everyone to feel like family.
its an ok place to work at times
resident assistant (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 27, 2013
Pros: you can move up the company do beleave in harining with in
Cons: they dont take up or speak up for there workers
productive fun work place at times this company do beleave in moveing you up in the comp. they are a very friendly place to work .
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Pocahontas, ARJanuary 9, 2013
Elmcroft was a wonderful place to work with decent health benefits after a certain time. The local management are friendly and helpful. Corporate does not tend to listen to the issues that employees are asked to write in about. The hardest part of my job as a kitchen assistant was leaving the place. The most enjoyable portion of my job was interacting – more... with and getting to know the residents. – less
Provided non-medical in home care assistance for seniors and disabled adults
Caregiver (Former Employee), Kentwood, MISeptember 7, 2012
• Transported patients, using wheelchair and wheeled cart and assisted patients to walk.
• Served and collected food trays and fed patients requiring help.
• Answered signal lights to determined patients needs.
• Bathed, dressed and undressed patients.
A big learning experience
Resident Attendant (Former Employee), Peckville, PAAugust 22, 2012
The job itself was great but the aminstratision was unprofessional and very uncomfortable place to work
Very fun workplace that keeps you busy.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 12, 2012
Pros: free bvreakfast, lunch, and dinner, excellent coworkers and residents.
Cons: may lack break time some days and at times have to deal with upset residents.
A typical day at work is very busy but full of love and hugs from the senior citizens that live at elmcroft. I have learned that there is plenty to learn from someone who has live a few 90 or 100 years. My co-workers are very hardworking and dedicated individuals and I am thatnkful to work with such a great team. The hardest part of the job is probably – more... learning to deal with all the different personalities that you encount4er on a daily basis, some of which are not very pleasant. The most enjoyable part of this job is when the residents tell you how much they appreciate you and express their gratitude for the job you do. – less
Not enough staff
Aide (Former Employee), Southern Pines, NCMay 30, 2012
Pros: good benifits, very caring staff, very compassionate
Cons: some skill residents at thing non skilled facility
The staff turnover seems to take place too often. Let too many good workers go and causes the others workers hardship by not having sufficate staffing.

About Elmcroft

Located in Kanata, Elmcroft offers riding lessons in both English and French. We are sad to bid goodbye to Katherine Hale and – Read more