Elmhurst College Employee Reviews

Nice People
Groundskeeper 1 (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed it overall, most people were nice. Upper management wasn't the brightest of all people. Working with the students was the best part of the job.
Easy and Interactive Job
PEER ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILAugust 17, 2017
This job position was only a temporary position over the summer, but I loved it. We were provided with free lunch and I also made quite a few friends while working there. It was amazing to be able to help freshman register for their classes. Helping people is something I'm passionate about and it was amazing to get paid to do something I love.
Pros
Free lunches
Adjunct
Adjunct Teaching (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 31, 2017
Teaching adjunct you get to create your own class
It give you freedom but you are not part of a team so it is 100 percent on you.
If i could live off adjunct pay I would have stayed
Excellent, exciting, often educational work envirronment
Security Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJuly 9, 2017
Managed adult drivers, transported students from residence to campus, took security calls, dispatched security officers, maintained locks and doors. developed and maintained shuttle schedules. All tasks were enjoyable.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere and great manager
Cons
Employee discipline
Need to further your education
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJuly 8, 2017
It is a great place to work to further your education. Both my daughter and I was able to get our undergraduate degree there without having a ton of loans.
N/a
Executive Secretary to Vice President for Finance (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 25, 2017
Worked in College environment. All elements of financial affairs. Specific duties as assigned by the Vice President. Coordinated departmental meetings and assisted with the Board of Trustees.
Very Professional Environment
Scholarship Intern (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 23, 2017
Everyone is vetpry hardworking. Currently the college is undergoing many changes which brings about many difficulties for employees. Offices are understaffed and employees are overworked.
An appreciative work experience.
Shuttle driver/Manager-Locks-Security Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 1, 2017
When I began at Elmhurst College as a driver, it was expected to be a two year job. As services expanded, my skills as a manager were recognized and I was promoted to the manager of the drivers and the entire Shuttle bus program. The culture was both academic and professional. I had frequent contact with professors and administrative people in my line of responsibility. The entire experience was a joy, partially because of the support I got from my manager, but also the variety of tasks I was presented with and allowed to perform. The hardest part of the job was employee evaluations and discipline. Even this difficulty was rewarding because most employees were older, and didn't expect anything to be handed to them. They accepted the responsibility for safe transport of students while maintaining appropriate behavior in their presence.
My manager was both completely professional, yet empathetic. He was a great leader and encouraged successes. He complimented appropriately and often enough, but knew when to draw the line. He was always supportive and fair which fed my abilities to do the same.
Pros
Environment, people variety, challenges
Cons
Some hot summer work in non-air conditioned buildings, and intermittent bad weather for driving for the whole team.
great place to learn
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILApril 12, 2017
Small class sizes facilitate great interaction between faculty and students. It seems all of the faculty know one another and many of the students as well.
Great place for work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILApril 11, 2017
As a student at Elmhurst College, I wanted a job on campus. I started working in November and the staff was really flexible about my school schedule and my commute time. Everyone is very kind and willing to help. I never feel ashamed to ask a question when I need help.
Elmhurst College
Lead Videographer (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMarch 26, 2017
It was a fast paced well run environment in which all expectations were clearly stated and all tools were given for success. it was fun, great people to work with .. the hardest part of the job was when the weather was bad and the most enjoyable was he friendships of all the guys .
Nice place to be. Employee and Faculty are great.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJanuary 5, 2017
Phone ringing frequently. Faculty coming in and out of our office for meetings. Our office is in charge of setting up appointments on calendar, handling students coming in with complaints or questions, typing various documents, etc. Our office in charge of Commencements and Graduation events.

I enjoyed the atmosphere on Campus. Always something going on.
Has a gym for me to stay in shape
TELECOMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 3, 2016
Great people to work with. Love working with the student organizations. I was able to be promoted in short period of time at Elmhurst college. I moved from being a technician to the Manager position in just 3 years. The college has tons of opportunities, one in particular was being able to continue my education.
Pros
Great people
Cons
low wages and no raises in seven years
Great environment, free tuition, low compensation
General Employee (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILApril 18, 2016
The environment here is family-like and comfortable. Some people are afforded the opportunity for advancement. Others are content to stay in their same routine. The pay is not great, but there is free tuition for undergrad (employee, spouse, children) and 50% graduate school tuition remission.
Enjoyable Position
President's Leadership Academy - Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJanuary 8, 2016
I would work between 6 to 8 days over the summer from June to August. I advise incoming freshman on nursing classes that they will be involved in the fall.
Difficult to teach at this place
adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 13, 2015
Adjunct in World Languages. I love teaching, but the students here are mediocre at best and very difficult to reach. Retention is the main concern at Elmhurst and not real teaching. The level of student is disappointing. Grateful for the experience, but I was told that when students complain, I should pacify them with some candy.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Poor students
Helpful individuals
Human Resources Internship (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJuly 8, 2015
All staff members were essential in my keys to success. They provided me with tools to succeed and took extra time and effort to make sure I understood the information given.
Great place to work!!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmhhurst,ILJune 22, 2015
I loved working here. I worked here for the summer, through the Golden Apple Foundation. I worked around a nice group of people and I liked the environment. I also liked the free lunches they provided but we do get shorter breaks. The job will keep you busy, but it's worth it. Overall its a nice place to work at.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Shorter breaks
Lacked professionalism and communication
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 27, 2015
Difficult workplace due to lack of communication and professionalism. Needs stronger personnel in leadership and managerial positions.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Difficult personnel
Good place for student workers
CS/IS Tutor (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILFebruary 18, 2015
Very flexible schedules allow student workers to easily fit work into their class schedule. Conditions vary greatly from position to position.