Elmhurst Extended Care Employee Reviews

Great learning environment with hel
Certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILDecember 13, 2017
A typical day at work consists of having your assignment of roughly around 6-8 residents. Through nurses and management, there are many things even as a CNA I have learned from their willing to teach future nurses. The working environment is great and makes it easy to depend on your co-workers when theres help needed.
Pros
free lunches, family/patient and employee orientated
Cons
healthcare, benefits.
Worse ever
Certified Nurses' Aide (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 22, 2017
After the new changed that underwent with the selling of the building, it became very heavy and stressful to work there. NO ONE seems to care about how hard you work. Some unit managers think they are the greatest when in reality all they have is a tittle. The assignments are heavy and again NO ONE cares
great place to work very patient oriented
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  50 Maude stApril 11, 2017
great work environment friendly staff very welcoming.The health insurance package is very expensive so would not recommend getting it thru this company but if u don' t than great job an great team leaders very patient oriented.
Elmhurst was a great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 4, 2017
Please note, this review is prior to the acquisition by Marquis. I enjoyed the time I had at Elmhurst Extended Care, and I learned a lot from the management team I worked with. I hope that the same nurturing environment is continued under the new ownership and management,
Pros
Great people and rewarding place to work
Cons
No longer run by the same management team, was bought out by new company
Understaffed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 3, 2016
This place is always understaff. they do not want to pay their employees and there are quite a few people who do not speak English very well. Not that it is a bad thing, they are hard workers, just hard to understand them sometimes.
Pros
the elders
Cons
understaff
Fun Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 22, 2015
Provided direct care in daily living and skills by assisting all geriatric and bedfast patients; performed program related duties to support the individuals needs, which included, but not limited to; eating, bathing grooming, toileting, dressing, clothing maintenance; administered massages, alcohol rubs and also install and removal of cauterizations.
Don't work there it's all smoke and mirrors (former food service worker)
Former Dietary/Utility Aide (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 2, 2013
The job doesn't pay enough for the workload and duties you have to
perform on an everyday basics..

the management plays favorites and don't know how to operate a kitchen and they don't show respect if you tell them the truth in the form of a resignation letter
the staff is ok but when it comes to do a certain jobs they don't want to do it the workload is horrible

the kitchen is way to big to efficiently clean for one person
and they don't want to pay over the 8.00 mark i've been there
from 6/29/06 to 7/31/09 and i still was being paid under the 8.00. But
the last straw was when they moved me from 7am to 3:30 pm
to 10:30 am to 6:30 pm taking just about the whole day . It next to impossible to get my personal business done under these unfair conditions........
Pros
.............................
Cons
unfair working and labor conditions
Not a great place to work for...
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 2, 2013
I would show up and would have to wait around to see if we were short then wait for the nurse to show up to do our assisgnments. I learned that if u dont have a great team nothing will be done right. The management was awful never listened to your concerns and didnt care too. No team effort you were basically on your own no help at all. The hardest part of my day was trying to get my work done and also helping other residents to get up because their cna was to busy.The most enjoyable part of my day was just talking with the residents and doing some activity with them.
Pros
love the elderly
Cons
no team work
Good place to work with excellent benifits
LPN (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 10, 2012
I like my job at Elmhurst as I meet different people all the time. I am always learning new tasks r/t different diagnosis coming through the door. My coworkers are excellent and very self sufficient but we work together to insure the best possible care to our residents. The hardest part of the job is when people that you attach to get Discharged. Even though you are happy for them. you miss them.We have great management who are willing to help staff any time as I have used them many times for a simple question or in emergency situations. They respond quickly without hesitation making me feel safer in that situation. It is also a great place for residents. They always come first and are treated like this is their home. I have not worked in to many nursing homes, but this one has to rank one of the best.
benefits
Cons
staffing shortage at times.
high intensity
Activities Assistant, Activities Department (Former Employee) –  ProvidenceAugust 26, 2012
Fast paced, but rewarding position. Always helping people.
it's ok i guess
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 26, 2012
can't complain about the work but i can tell there is a lot of favoritism going on which is totally unfair