Elmhurst Extended Care Employee Reviews

Don't work there it's all smoke and mirrors (former food service worker)
Former Dietary/Utility Aide (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 2, 2013
Pros: .............................
Cons: unfair working and labor conditions
The job doesn't pay enough for the workload and duties you have to
perform on an everyday basics..

the management plays favorites and don't know how to operate a kitchen and they don't show respect if you tell them the truth in the form of a resignation letter
the staff is ok but when it comes to do a certain jobs they don't want to do it the workload is horrible

the kitchen is way to big to efficiently clean for one person
and they don't want to pay over the 8.00 mark i've been there
from 6/29/06 to 7/31/09 and i still was being paid under the 8.00. But
the last straw was when they moved me from 7am to 3:30 pm
to 10:30 am to 6:30 pm taking just about the whole day . It next to impossible to get my personal business done under these unfair conditions........
Not a great place to work for...
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 2, 2013
Pros: love the elderly
Cons: no team work
I would show up and would have to wait around to see if we were short then wait for the nurse to show up to do our assisgnments. I learned that if u dont have a great team nothing will be done right. The management was awful never listened to your concerns and didnt care too. No team effort you were basically on your own no help at all. The hardest part of my day was trying to get my work done and also helping other residents to get up because their cna was to busy.The most enjoyable part of my day was just talking with the residents and doing some activity with them.
Good place to work with excellent benifits
LPN (Current Employee), Providence, RIOctober 10, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: staffing shortage at times.
I like my job at Elmhurst as I meet different people all the time. I am always learning new tasks r/t different diagnosis coming through the door. My coworkers are excellent and very self sufficient but we work together to insure the best possible care to our residents. The hardest part of the job is when people that you attach to get Discharged. Even though you are happy for them. you miss them.We have great management who are willing to help staff any time as I have used them many times for a simple question or in emergency situations. They respond quickly without hesitation making me feel safer in that situation. It is also a great place for residents. They always come first and are treated like this is their home. I have not worked in to many nursing homes, but this one has to rank one of the best.
high intensity
Activities Assistant, Activities Department (Former Employee), ProvidenceAugust 26, 2012
Fast paced, but rewarding position. Always helping people.
it's ok i guess
Floor Technician (Current Employee), Providence, RIJune 26, 2012
can't complain about the work but i can tell there is a lot of favoritism going on which is totally unfair