Elmhurst Hospital Center Employee Reviews

unprofessional environment
Manager Inpatient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJune 8, 2017
Employees with dedication, strong work ethic and team players are not recognized and are not welcomed in this department.
Management: Micromanagement, encouragement not to follow the chain of command. It sabotages workers that strive to grow and learn. It deprives their equal right from learning. Favoritism is promoted.Too much waste and disrespect among the employees.
Great working as a budget analyst at a health care facility
Intern (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJune 4, 2017
Working in a hospital was a great experience for me. It was very interesting how the budget department analyzed the profits for the hospital and its off site clinics.
Pros
working in a same area with doctors
Cons
there were no cons
Very convenient work place
INTERNSHIPS/VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 26, 2017
Is after my Medical Assistant School I decided to volunteer at Elmhurst Hospital so that I can get some experience in the medical field, I really enjoyed.
great benefits
Psychiatric/Social Technician (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 14, 2017
its great place for job security. the predominately female staff makes it hard to not deal with unprofessional characters. however its a great place to start your career
Pros
health benefits
Cons
poor job culture
a good training ground specially for the new ones.And surrounded with good people.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 11, 2017
A good training facility,you'll learn a lot and with good benefits on your way to retirement although they don't give that much salary compare to a private hospitals.
Productive Place
Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 9, 2017
Its a very nice and diverse place to work in. The staff can be helpful but also difficult to work with. But we manage to get things accomplish together.
Nice Gym for staff to exercise after work
Asst. Coordinating Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens New YorkFebruary 27, 2017
Monitor patient transporters taking patients to various department for treatment. Learned Tele tracking system for patient transport. Lacking structure, had to fixed time or schedule, when on lunch break
Pros
wen working with another supervisor
Cons
No set working schedule
A family away from home...
Assistant Director of Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYFebruary 24, 2017
It gives me such joy to be able to write a review about Elmhurst Hospital Center. I enjoyed working in this facility for nearly 8 years. I learned so much from both the employees I manage and many other departments I had the pleasure of working with.

I was fortunate to be in 2 different 24/7 managed departments and was included in a contract management time. The experience I gained will be with me for a lifetime.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
The culture needed improvements
productive workplace with gym access. Room for advancement.
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 17, 2017
most of my day consisted in getting authorizations from insurance for specialty visits. assisting with changing primary care provider for some insurance's. also directing phone calls to other coworker form insurance company. the best part of working in this office is knowing you are trying your best to help a patient and making sure the patient is covered.
Pros
amazing health insurance and dental benefits
Gratifying to help in the geriatrric ward.
Volunteer in Geriatric Ward (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYFebruary 12, 2017
This was a volunteer position so I did not receive any compensation.
However, it was rewarding to work in a health care environment and establish a rapport with the patients and staff.
Pros
It was rewarding to assist patients with their meals, and recreational activities.
Cons
It was not a paying position
Nice clean organized work enviornment
Clerical Associate-Tuberculosis Unit (Former Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYFebruary 9, 2017
I was a clerical associate, I was employed under another company which didn't provide any benefits. I was in the tuberculosis unit and gained a lot of experience working there.
My experince in the hospital
Internship (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYFebruary 3, 2017
I have learned a lot about the medical organization and how to provide quality care for every single patient by providing them with quality service for there visit. I have learned about entering and exiting the patient from their appointments, meeting them to make sure their appointment was successful, faxing, filing, and computer work. What I enjoy the most about the job was that I was able to help the person receive the right products and service for their visit.
Pros
meeting the people that work their and the patients and learning the medical system of the hospital
Cons
the time went fast to learn more about the hospital industry
fun
Volunteer Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYFebruary 2, 2017
typical day is at work is sending interpreter to different floors and getting calls from potential volunteers. solving hospital issues doing presentations for new volunteers
Pros
interacting
exciting and intense
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 31, 2017
I found it very exciting and intense work however management and administration very ingrained in old was and fearful of change
Pros
very challanging and busy
Cons
resistance from adminstration on change
greate pplace to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoy the place they are great people and they do amazing job helping kids in the psychiatric unit. I wish i was getting paid
Great benefits working in a hospital
Clerical Associate III (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Good place to work, great benefits. Co-workers are okay.
Enjoyed working here for the most part. Management not the best. Best to start networking early!!
Fun and inspiring
Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
I started working at Elmhurst Hospital as a volunteer until offered a position. The environment was so inspiring I had to stay for sometimes. The management treated every employee as a family. The most enjoyable part of the job was the summer obesity program and after school tutoring program.
Pros
inspiring
Cons
short hours
Productive, good experience, learn more.
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  7901 Broadway Ave Elmhurst, NY 11373January 3, 2017
Benefits, pension, good salary, caring for patients, full time, day time. Training during all the years, practicing more computer skills. Use of different systems like quadramed, Sorian, Epic.
Union support, dental and ophthalmology benefits.
Pros
Holidays off, Christmas gift, promotional with better salary
Cons
No breaks only lunch time, lot of work, multitasking jobs.
Productive place with lots of fun people
Assistant Healthcare Program Plan Analyst (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYDecember 13, 2016
Preparing paperwork for meetings. Organizing interdepartmental meetings. I've learned many of the workings and policies of the hospital network. The management is very understanding on personal emergencies. Co-workers provide help when needed. Hardest part is keeping up with the constant changes. Most enjoyable is being part of a community that helps people.
Pros
Hour lunch. Healthcare. Retirement benefits.
Cons
Not paid lunch. cannot work overtime.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 12, 2016
I had tons and tons of fun working here, everyone was super friendly and helpful. We did put the patience first at all times. I was also temping here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elmhurst Hospital Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Elmhurst Hospital Center Reviews by Location