Elmhurst Hospital Center Employee Reviews in United States

Unsatisfactory
Social Worker Level On and (Floater) (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 22, 2016
Recommend Elmhurst for short terms gains in terms of Social Work experience with a broad range of demographic clients. But management is poor and unsupportive. Do not recommend for long term professional investment.
Pros
work experience
Cons
poor management
Great Place to work
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 25, 2015
Overall a great place to work, busy hospital. Did its best to serve the community and its people with compassion and empathy.
Feel like if you walking on pins & needle.
Assistant Coordinating Manager (ACM) - Adult ER (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYAugust 7, 2015
Enjoyable once upon a time, lost its joy do to UN-supportive management. Very little room to grow. Policies are constantly changed. Voices are left unheard in the Department.
Other wise; dealing with the patients is a passion, I love interacting with people and trying to put a smile on a face.
Co-workers, we have our good and bad days but try to support each other as best possible.
Pros
Benefits offered are exceptional
Cons
Can't use days you are entitled to even when given enough time notice.
high patient load
Staff Nurse - Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJuly 26, 2015
at times managing 12-16 patients, no PCA, co workers are the best. Best place to gain experience (level one trauma center)
a great and incredible learning place full of experience people
Medical Records Clerk (Internship) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2015
I have learned a lot working for Elmhurst Hospital, they are so willing to teach I've learned ROI, policy and how to work the systems within the hospital. they manager to the department was very informative, and was easy to approach. with any problems. the most enjoyable part was being able to leave during the day knowing that I have assisted many patient with any question at hand.
Awesome
HCPPA (Current Employee) –  79-01 Broadway Elmhurst, NY 1009July 14, 2015
I enjoy the line of work I do. My co-worker, that are , to me, like family are great. I have been working with them for 10 years and I enjoy working with them. My boss, she is great and awesome. I could not ask for a better boss and friend. I would stay in my department if there was room for grow but its not.
Sad to say but I have to move on with my career in the healthcare.
Pros
BOSS AND CO-WORKERS
Cons
NO ROOM FOR GROW
a great experience...
Hospital Care Investigator/Admitting Dept/ER (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 27, 2015
Working at elmhurst hospital is a great experience, where I gained lots of knowledge, and learnes alot, and throughout the years of working there, it fells like your at home...
I typical day at Elhurst Hospital was one that was just as busy as my current job...
many patients requesting assistance with there bills, and how we can reduce or help them out...
Very challenging as well, and more accomplishments in my dept. as well...
It a great place to start, learn, and gain knowledge for furture jobs...
Learning and enjoying the opportunity to work
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day was coding Adult, children and psychiatric charts. I learned to work in facility coding. Management encouraged growth and knowledge. My co-workers were team player and shared there knowledge. The hardest part of the job was my commute, it was a night position. The most enjoyable part was learning new aspects of coding.
Pros
enjoyed working
Cons
it was a night position and temporary assignment
Keeps you on your toes
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYDecember 3, 2014
Working at Elmhurst Hospital Center, you rarely have a slow day. You are always kept on your toes.
Was the best workplace for me I show my skill to my supervisor
Housekeeping service aide (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYNovember 30, 2014
Cleaned the discharge beds , protect my self well when cleaning the isolation rooms. All my supervisor and director were respectful.my co-workers are very nice never had a problems with them, never had hardest in my job i enjoy work in the hospital,when we have a Christmas and thanksgiving party the all co-workers was together
Pros
free lunch
Cons
shorts time breakfast
Great hospital to work and friendly staff members.
LPN student internship (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 24, 2014
It was a wonderful experience to work in there with great working environment and friendly staffs.
Pros
friendly staffs
Cons
better location and convinent.
Productive, exciting and interesting each and every day.
staff Nurse ER (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYNovember 21, 2014
My co workers are great to work with, They are my secound family, always there to llend a helping hand when the situations arrise. Very busy with multicultural commiunity that all have differnet knowledges and needs.
Pros
satisfiing work when it is over.
Cons
breaks that sometimes are delayed
Productive and great working environment
Patient Care Tech/CNA (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYNovember 11, 2014
A typical day at work was seeing several patients and caring for them as if I cared for my own family member. Management was wonderful and great to work with
Student
NYS and ASCP certified Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 4, 2014
I was there as a part of my 12 month clinical internship. I enjoyed spending time and learning from people who trained me.
Unprofessional experience
Medical Records Clerk (Internship) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2014
The Management at Elmhurst Hospital was terrible, The supervisor was worst. employees threating to hit each other. it was just chaos, from day one employees complaint about their work. the hardest part of working there was trying to get someone to provide work for me. The most enjoyable was when they actually gave me work and I was able experiencing the work at first hand, It felt great to be able to use the tools I was education on.
Ok
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYSeptember 22, 2014
city hospital
strong minded co workers
good nights at work
respectful co workers
Fast paced, and multi tasking
Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 13, 2014
Serve a large population, fast paced work environment
Learn a lot, but also must react fast to different situations
Co workers are great
Hardest part of the job, sometimes feel overwhelmed
Enjoyable part helping the community, and seeing people get better and go home happy
Productive and fun place to work at
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 26, 2014
Working on a retrospective chart study was a very huge learning experience. Also going through the IRB approval aspect was challenging.
fun workplace
Echocardiography Technician-Externship (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJuly 28, 2014
Mon - Fr 9 to 6 pm
I learned about ECHO Exam
I liked my co-workers & my management
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJuly 23, 2014
I enjoyed my work.
Compasiionate co-workers.
Challenging roles played excellent.
Pros
friday party
Cons
small break

Elmhurst Hospital Center Reviews by Location