Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare

Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare United States Employee Reviews

FUN PLACE AND GREAT PAY
Medical Records (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILMarch 28, 2015
THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND THE PEOPLE ARE VERY NICE AND SO SMART. I WISH I COULD HAVE STARTED MY CAREER HERE. ALSO THE BENEFITS ARE REALLY GOOD AND THEY DO NOT COST ALOT.
BEST HOSPITAL IN WEST SUBURBS ILLINOIS
Specimen Processor (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: high pricing
VERY BUSY AND GREAT TEAM WORK. MY CO WORKERS ARE THE GREATEST CO WORKERS TO WORK WITH . MY MANAGERS ARE GREAT ALSO. THE HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB IS ALOT OF STANDING SOMETIMES HURTS YOUR BACK
team oriented
PACU Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: quality patient care in a positive environment
Cons: unable to get day shift hours
Team oriented approach. Staffed well. Overall a friendly environment. Quality patient care. The doctors work well with staff.
It's what you make of it.
Protection Officer (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILJanuary 14, 2015
The grass is always greener on the other side. It could be better, but everywhere has its ups and downs.
Good at first
Scanner (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILJanuary 12, 2015
There is an uneven workflow. Some unfair hiring practices. My position is one of the lowest paid positions in the system.
High productivity, with minimal denials
Insurance Authorization Clerk Patient Accounts (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILDecember 30, 2014
Pros: staying busy, my own workspace.
Cons: no bonus, 50 minute commute to work.
My day entails looking over my queue, checking eligibility and obtaining authorizations. High volume of work where I handle every type of policies. I make sure that calls and work all together, are handled in a timely and a courteous manner.
Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare employees serve with integrity.
Medical Data Abstractor (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILDecember 13, 2014
Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare is a nice place to work. All my co- worker are intelligent, dedicated and committed to server with integrity.
I learn something new every day and I enjoy every minute working there.
excellent part time job while going to schoo.
Outpatient/Admitting/E.R. Clerk, Employee (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILNovember 19, 2014
Exellent part time job whilw going to school. Registering patients for outpatient testing
Productive place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILOctober 24, 2014
Elmhurst is an organized and stress free place to work. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get a long with.
Experienced Skill Maintenance and Stationary Engineer Worker
Facilities - Maintenance/Engineer (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILOctober 23, 2014
Pros: having multiple locations, job tasks which change daily
Cons: no openings for upward mobility, not having back-up during peak operations
I performing general maintenance, boilers, and HVAC needs for medical care locations. In addition, coordinating outside contractors, such as, inspectors and outside construction workers. Days are filled with multiple work orders and projects.

I interact with all levels of workers, including executives and physicians on a daily basis and I have developed good working relationships with these people. I am often recognized by my co-workers and peers for my work ethic and the helpfulness.
Productive contribution to the community
Volunteer (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Assisted nurses in the process of recovery of patients by providing hand massages and comfort. Also helped with discharges, stocking of hospital supplies and with putting together and taking apart charts. Became recipient of the P.R.I.D.E. card along with a Gold Star Pin for commitment.
Great Starbucks On Site
Materials Management - Inventory Technician (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILJuly 28, 2014
Pros: starbucks onsite
Cons: compensation
On site Starbucks. Private Rooms. All new technology. Currently expanding, just merged with Edwards Hospital.
Cardiac Unit
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILJuly 22, 2014
Patient care, daily activities with patient, EKG's, blood draws
educational and friendly place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILJuly 13, 2014
Pros: plenty of educationalopportubities
Cons: took phone to break.
get your assignment, report and assess and introduce yourself to your patients. Pull medications using pyxis system. review orders. Chart and assist with ADL's. Monitor patient status. Give blood, antibiotics, IV fluids, insert IV, foleys and NGT. Assist with care and insertion of chest tubes, drainage bag, colostomy and trach care. monitor nutrapenic and chemo/radiation patients. chart and give report to next nurse. hospice/palliative care with med surge over flow.
Great Atmosphere
Housekeeping Associate (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILApril 28, 2014
Loved meeting new people on a daily basis and fulfilling guest needs! Very busy work, always a task to get done!
Fast pace work place
Registrar (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 24, 2014
Team work oriented and very enjoyable place to work at, employees work well with each other.
Terrible management
Medical Coder (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILMarch 19, 2014
Pros: beautiful facility. centered patient care. nice co-workers
Cons: awful, abusive management
Like an earlier post, typical hospital politics. Such a shame, because the new hospital is so beautiful. Just smoke and mirrors. The management in the Reimbursement department, are emotional abusive to the employees. Whether it's trying to prevent extended breaks in order to breast feed, or threatening employees with disciplinary action for refusing flu shots, they are horrible. They will write you up for honest errors, and play games with your professional future. There is no training. When you try to ask questions, you get sighs, and typical "You should know this by now" responses. You are overworked, and underpaid. Keep track of certain job postings, because they will stay vacant for months on end. The Reimbursement department is a revolving door, and the turnover rate is insanely high. The only thing that can improve that place is to fire the entire management team in that department. Physicians and clinical staff are wonderful though.
Nurse Manager
Oncology Nurse (Former Employee), Elmhurst IllinoisJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: managing the employees
Managed Nurses aid and Nursing Staff
Mangement Skills
Co-workers good
Managing so many individuals
Autonomy
hh
Volunteer (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILJanuary 29, 2014
great place to volunteer- everyone is a pleasure to work with. If you are looking to give back and meet great people, this is the place. Hospital is new and very nice and kept well.
Internship work here
X-Ray Technologist Internship (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Great co-workers and staff , worked and learned a lot here ..

1 2 3

About Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare

When it comes to medical care, you have a lot of options. We know that. And we want you to know that we at Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare – Read more