Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare Employee Reviews

I made a lot of friends there.
Food Service Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 14, 2017
I learned a lot of things about the food industry. I worked in the kitchen and there are many guidelines to follow. It was definitely a working experience.
Pros
Making sure patients and co-workers had food to eat
Cons
No comments
Work Environment
Hospitality Services (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 7, 2017
Great environment!
Coworkers are willing to help one another.
Diverse work culture
Management could be handled a little better but they try their best.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Always short
Great experience and knowledge
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 19, 2017
Elmhurst is a good hospital to gain work experience and I have learned a new laboratory information system, (Epic) Management have been with the organization for a number of years and have wonderful knowledge. Changes in healthcare is hard about the job, but it is also to be expected. I love interacting with patients and co-workers to help patients improve their health.
Pros
Co-workers are hard workers and we work well together
Cons
all accrued time is combined (sick, vacation, etc)
fun place to work for
Patient Care Assistant CNA (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 17, 2017
 Responsible for assisting patients with basic care activities of daily living, such as assistance with hygiene, comfort, safety, nutrition and progress activity.
 Documentation of where care is administered, diagnostic measurements, treatments and procedures as determined by skills training and validation in accordance with established policies and procedures. Reporting observations, conditions and problems of patients to licensed personnel to achieve desired patient outcomes.
 Performed and documented where applicable accurate vital signs. Responds to the Nurse Call system, contacting nursing personnel as appropriate and follow through with meeting patient needs
culture
Senior Technologist- Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Its a good place to work. management is good. learned and experience new tech procedures. culture and diversity is good. good teamwork. enjoyable part working we get together after work.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILAugust 28, 2017
Need more advancement opportunities. I really enjoy working there, but I would like to advance and the opportunities never presents itself. Therefore I seek other opportunities.
Enjoyed getting to know new people, made so many friends, and also help train new employees to show them the importance of our job.
Foodservice Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILAugust 26, 2017
Loved my job in delivering patient trays, helping and spending a bit more time with the elderly and patients that had no family,adding a birthday wish or song.

But very little accountability. I believe in fairness for all employees found it a bit lax.

Every day learned, something whether my department or from others,example housekeeping.

Contributed tree saplings for the hospital surrounding areas in need of.
Always on the lookout for unsafe or garbage cluttering and making the community a cleaner place.
Supported races that benafit causes in the community.
Pros
nurses and doctors great
Cons
a bit of negativity
please see below
Full time registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, IL 60126July 22, 2017
very busy place to work and always short staffing. overtime is good but care is poor. if all you need is money, it's probably a good place to work but for someone whose goal is to provide the best care, it's not the best place.
Pros
good pay or over time
Cons
extremely busy
Ok place to work
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJuly 11, 2017
I've been with the company for a while, working in different areas. Each area had it's pros and cons.... Great Management can make a great place to work. In my experience, Management is more like who you know, verses who is more qualified for the position. My overall experience has been good, for the most time I've been employed at this company.
Pros
Offers many departments, great staff
Cons
some management suck
bad management
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJuly 7, 2017
One of the most beautiful hospitals I have ever seen. The only problem is the toxic environment created by management. Its a hospital which focuses too much on "plane tree" and providing a serene environment for their patients but absolutely neglects staffs needs. Staff ends up being hostile towards each other due to very low morale.
Commnuity based hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 28, 2017
Busy emergency room with a commitment to the community it serves. Physicians group is wonderful to work for. The nursing staff worked like a well oiled machine.
Do Not Waste Your Time!
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 22, 2017
Management is Terrible. They have no idea what they are doing. The only good thing about this job is the Co-Workers. Other than that, this place is not worth it.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Everything else
Nice hospital but not very welcoming students
OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 7, 2017
Nice hospital , machines are new but not very welcoming students,place is ok, not very perfect, management is OK too, didn't learn a lot there, care for the patients is provided excellent
Work plaece.
Managed Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 22, 2017
Managed Care team work off the Epic system in the referral workque . We obtain prior authorization for HMO referrals and imaging.
Management has changed since I stated in 2014 a lot of maor changes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with some amazing people.
Great Place to Work
Patient Care Technician, Mother/Baby (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 9, 2017
Love my co-workers and the unit I work on. For me, it is a great "starter" hospital because we do not take very highly complicated patients here. I will eventually want to go to a hospital with a Level III NICU to take care of more critical newborns.
Good staff
Assistant School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 8, 2017
There is no room for advancement as an RN without a year of hospital experience. As a School Nurse I do not have hospital experience, but have been a good employee for years. There was no opportunity to continue in another role.
Pros
In services
Cons
No advancement
Gained experience working on special projects and updating Policies and Procedures
Clinical Pharmacist (Registry) (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 1, 2017
First position I had there I managed the hospital based Home Infusion department at Elmhurst Hospital as a full-time position. That was very enjoyable and gave me practice at the whole process it takes to manage a home infusion business. Unfortunately, Elmhurst Hospital decided to sell the home infusion nurses to a separate company and at that point, the Hospital based Home Infusion department lost most of its patients and referrals.

Second position was a registry pharmacy. I was able to work on special projects that included updated most all of the IV room policies and procedures to make them USP 797 compliant. This project took over one year. When that was done, I was working in the regular Pharmacist rotations. Eventually, the Full-Time pharmacist were working most all shifts so I needed more hours.

At that point, I needed to look for a different job.
Pros
Beautiful hospital, & pleasant co-workers.
Cons
Pharmacy dept had a lot of long time employees. 20+ years
Good Patient Care
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILApril 13, 2017
I do not enjoy writing a mandatory review of a company in 150 minimum characters. The hospital still exists so I assume the care is good, I have not worked there for a long time.
clean and advanced
Volunteer Greeter(part time) (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILApril 3, 2017
The people are great and things get done. All patient focused and the team work is great, thanks to the cooperation and initiative of staff and volunteers.
Pros
team work
Cons
work can be slow
Has truly went down hill in the last couple of years
Pre Service center (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMarch 26, 2017
since they were bought out . everything from the pay to the culture of the organization has decreased drastically. They have taken on the attitude of " if you don't like it quit" It s no longer a patient centered care system. which is very sad
Pros
experience to take to a different organization
Cons
under paid, over worked, constantly consolidating departments. no job security