Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare Employee Reviews

Worst job ever
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJanuary 3, 2017
I worked here for over a year and was harassed, stalked by my manager and threatened countless times. The Public Safety department has a 300% turn over rate. You are followed all day on camera, abused and treated like garbage- while the managers favorites are treated extremely well. I quit because I complained to HR about the harassment and they did nothing. This isn't the review of an angry employee who was fired, it is a matter of saving you all from the torture I and several other received.
Pros
good coworkers, like my hours
Cons
short breaks, 24/7 on call due to constantly being short staffed
LPN (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILDecember 12, 2016
This was a great company to work for. Management treated us as valued employees, and not just a number. Our supervisor was always willing to work with our schedule. The benefits were great.
Love it
STERILE PROCESSING TECH III (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 20, 2016
Great company to work for, I love the management team. They are very flexible when it comes to your home life. You do not make top dollars but they compensate through other benefits, that you do not find at a lot of bigger hospitals. The atmosphere for the most part is pretty good.
Pros
BENEFITS 401 MATCH, FLEXIBILITY
Cons
EVERYTHING OK
Wonderful and peaceful
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILSeptember 14, 2016
Love this place, love my job, love my patients. This is a hospital full of warm and friendly people. The staff is helpful, knowledgeable and always bending to whats best for the patients and their families
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
NOTHING
productive/busy&friendly workers
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILAugust 22, 2016
Work day is busy and demanding as long as time managed efficiently and have coworkers able to scan all exams placed in front of them our day will run smoothly, at times unable to get lunch because of very busy schedule. Being able to approach our Radiologists,Doctors and employees always positive in a work environment.
This is the worst place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILAugust 19, 2016
The reason why this is the worst place to work for as management can do whatever they want one employee and call employees Liars at any time and write people up on allegations alone and never get the fax from the employee HR let's all this go on and never stick up for the employee so basically you're at the mercy of the managers and if they don't like you they cause problems for you I know this personally it happened to me so I recommend that no one comes and works for this Hospital especially in housekeeping or the management is against you at all time hope this helps and I recommend again do not work for the housekeeping in Elmhurst Hospital
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The management sucks in housekeeping
Insurance Verifying (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 16, 2016
Great place to work they need to have a better pay structure. I enjoy the people and management . Room for advancement.
I Love This Place
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJuly 10, 2016
Elmhurst has been a place of growth, learning, and it is filled with people who have your best interest at heart. I have no complaints on how this place is ran.
great place
Manager Retail Services (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 21, 2016
This hospital organizations is a great place. The co workers are awesome.Love every aspect of the corporation. Love my volunteers.
Love my job
Pros
great co workers
Cons
Elmhurs Memorial Healthcare was a great place to work.
Registered Nurse/ Endoscopy Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, IL 60126May 5, 2016
Many years I worked for Elmhurst Memorial Health Care and it was a grand experience, rich with educational opportunities and many mentors. I would not change my years their for anything.
Management new how to educated and evaluate in a thorough timely manor and it was done on an individual basis. And this was before the age of the computer.
Pros
Seemed like home and many mentors educated nubies.
Cons
The building out grew the neighborhood. It no longer stands on Berteau Ave.
PCT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work involves caring for up to 12 patients with two nurses that are ready to offer assistance with care as needed. Management is very involved in daily improvements in resources, staff needs, patient care and training advancement.
Pros
Great team environment
Busy, structured, challenging,
Exec Admin Assist to CIO of Infor Svcs (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILFebruary 7, 2016
The environment is extremely busy, and hectic, fast paced, with much cross training since the merger, There a new things learned daily from a process and cultural stand point. Co-workers are energetic and cooperative.
Nice Environment. Lack of vision.
nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJanuary 14, 2016
I was hired as a nurse practitioner, unfortunately the physicians lacked understanding of the abilities and functions of a Nurse Practitioner and management did not address and intervene until problems surmounted.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Lack of vision and direction.
Co-workers are the best. Physical environment is beautiful. We have all the tools we need to do our job.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 8, 2015
We merged with another organization four years ago. There have been a lot of growing pains, but the new senior management is great. The negative part of a merger such as this is that there have been so many changes to programs, systems, etc. that it seems the employees are all overwhelmed. However, overall, this is a great organization to work for! Great opportunities to learn a lot of different aspects of health care.
Current Technology
GENERALIST NIGHTS (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 8, 2015
I have learned much working here. My Blood Bank skills, in particular, have enhanced nicely.I do like my fellow staff members and find them to be engaging and technologically sound.
The physical environment is clean, pleasing and modern. The lab does keep up with current technology. The hospital is in transition right now since the merger with another health facility. Like any company in this state they have their ups and downs. On the whole the workload is manageable, the staff is knowledgeable and the lab is pleasant to work in.
Pros
Cons
Little room for growth
Best people to work with.
Patient Business Scheduler Representative (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILAugust 23, 2015
You are always learning new things that you never thought you would have to learn. Which that was nice because you can take that with you were ever you would go to apply to a new job.
Great learning experiencez, great diverse group of people working together.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJuly 21, 2015
I work on really busy medical floor. However. I work with really great and helpful people. It's a pretty fast pace setting. I work nights. Our manager has an open door policy and is open to hear any questions and concerns.
I am ready for a day shift position. Nights has become a little more difficult. The medical unit has been very rewarding and a great learning experience. However, I want to grow and enhance my nursing career.
Pros
Our night shift stafrf is fantasic, definitely makes for better work experiences.
Cons
Sometimes I don't get a break.
Fun place to work
VOLUNTEER/EXTERNSHIP WORK (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 11, 2015
I enjoyed working there; very great team & management.I loved the idea of working independently with little or no supervision. I learned how to deal with family & co-workers during medical crisis.
n/a
Food Services (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 1, 2015
Prepares and delivers food trays to hospital patients, performing any combination of following duties on tray line, places items, such as eating utensils, napkins, and condiments on trays, pushes carts to halls or ward kitchen, serves trays to patients and collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
Pros
we had free lunch
Cons
manager was unorganized
A very home and teamspirited atmosphere
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILApril 21, 2015
My experience there was life changing and afforded me opportunities that I may not have been privy too. My schedule was great and flexible. The VP created and modeled an atmosphere of unity and support, for which the remaining team members shared.
Pros
VP, Manager and Coworkers
Cons
Training for advancement opportunites

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare Reviews by Location