Elwood Staffing

Elwood Staffing Employee Reviews

Work is Available
Temporary Assistance (Current Employee), Draper, UTJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Steady Work
Cons: Starting New
Able to find work consistently in various occupations: clerical, call center, stock clerk and warehouse. Jobs only last a month at month. However, I am able to get a better idea of what each company offers and what type of work is appealing to me.
Elwood Staffing Review
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Seymour, INJuly 29, 2015
Elwood Staff was organized and friendly, unfortunately they did not know the company that they were representing well enough. The company were I was placed was very unorganized and not professional, had no concern about anyone having a home life.
Results oriented company
Material Handler (Former Employee), Plainfield, INJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits as Temporary
Cons: Extended probationary period
Management involved throughout process. Co-workers willing to help one another. Fast paced environment. Well organized company.
Nice people to work with
Production Worker (Current Employee), Ogden, UTJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Paid weekly
I enjoy working as a temp for this company. I have had the opportunity to learn a lot in this field. This job requires me to be on my feet all day and constantly moving! This is something I'm okay with. Staff and management were very friendly!
Okay company to work for.
Lead Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Valparaiso, INJuly 24, 2015
Pros: 1week vacation
Cons: very long wait to be hired on.
This is a staffing company but it takes years to get hired on to a job. other than that job placement is ok. The companies they staff are respectful to workers.
Family orientated company to work for
Staffing Manager (Current Employee), Warsaw, INJuly 22, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch
I love the changes that are different from day to day. I like being able to help others find employment and counsel them on proper interview etiquette for interviewing with potential employers.
Establishment With Many Openings
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee), Plainfield, INJuly 22, 2015
The environment was very fast paced. Many opportunities to transfer and learn different departments. Increase in computer skills and knowledge on how clothing companies operate.
Long Hours, Poor atmosphere
Elwood Staffing Temp (Former Employee), Spanish Fork, UTJuly 21, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: Long hours, poor management, unorganized
With this Job I worked as a temp at Young Living Essential Oils. That job required I was on my feet all day every day. That part was something I was fine with. I look for a Job where I'm moving all day. – more... It was the hours. I worked 4 10 hour shifts on a rotating shift (first week: monday tuesday wednesday thursday. Second week: tuesday wednesday thursday friday. And so on and so forth) We had 2 breaks that were 15 minutes and 1 lunch that was 30 minutes. I was packing boxes all day every day. Plus it was a swing shift. (3 pm to 2 am) eventually they started working us 4 11 hour shifts. And at that point I decided not to continue work with them – less
Very motivating but relaxing work environment
Oregon Freeze Dry Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee), Albany, ORJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Relaxing environment, easy to be around
Cons: long work days with short breaks
The work environment was very relaxing and allowed employees to be very independent. The management was always very enjoyable to be around and would always provide encouragement to their employees and often times would offer free food.
worst company ever
production (Former Employee), gadsden, alabamaJuly 20, 2015
This is one of the worst staffing agencies that I've ever worked for. Their insurance doesn't cover anything and when you call to talk to some one they give you the run around. I would not recommend working for this agency. For insurance for one person is $60
nice place
Fabricator (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSJuly 18, 2015
I had the oppertunity to learn a lot in this field. The skills I have learned has provided me with problem solve situations the may arise in the work place.
nice people to work with
office clerk (Former Employee), coloradoJuly 17, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: this was a part time position
working with customers will calls through out the day .checking in drivers for delivery appointment. answering phone calls for delivery appointments.i enjoyed working with the customer
Multiple short term jobs
General Laborer (Former Employee), Greensburg, INJuly 16, 2015
Pros: lots of days off and still ablel to pay bills
Cons: no job security
I jumped from job to job learning how to sort, run machines, and janitorial services. I enjoyed meeting so many people. Feeling financially secure was difficult.
good job
Subsititue for Roanoke city cafeteria (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJuly 15, 2015
enjoy working at this temp job they have good hours in the school year round year they can place you at different facilities even when the school is closed for summer break
Great place with diferent workplaces
Employee (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Many options
Cons: Many too payment works
Good people that care to get you a good job, sometimes is not that great but the make an effort to get you a nice work, even sometimes get you permanet jobs.
a good place to work i will work for them again
Contract Worker (Former Employee), portland,orJuly 15, 2015
it was always a good day at work everybody helped everybody if someone didnt no something.everybody was polite to each other i will love to work for them again.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 15, 2015
Elwood Staffing is a great place to work. I have a set territory that I manage and conduct cold calls. I have learned how to budget time and to be efficient with cold calls.
Unhelpful/rude staff, mixed messages
Temp (Former Employee), Portland, OregonJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Weekly pay, if you can find work.
Cons: Just about everything else.
Their website had a listing for an "open" position for data entry. I got signed up with them only to find out that their position wasn't open and I would check back weekly to see if it was open (considering – more... it would continue to show as open on the website). When I finally got a call for an "open" position it was not for the job I wanted but instead as a warehouser. The job description had it stating that I would be lifting between 20-30 pounds, but when I got there it was 60 pounds on average and they had me stacking pallets, which was not a problem except due to my height, I was unable to stack them high enough after a certain point and the job did not provide a step ladder. Because I was unable to perform the job well due to misleading information that I was given, I was taken off the assignment after the first day.
Finally, about a month later, they had the data entry assignment that I originally wanted, but the problem was that I had moved. First the staff said that there were two shifts, one that was Tuesday through Friday that was eight to ten hours, and a swing shift on Saturday. I was told that there was public transit for each shift, including the Saturday one. When I called later to negotiate to get there by 8:30 due to having moved and needing to make the commute, the staff contradicted themselves and started talking rude, saying how it was Monday through Friday, including Saturday, and that there were no buses that went on Saturday.
Overall, I would not recommend unless you can handle conditions that are not listed in the job descriptions and have reliable transportation. – less
No room for advancement
Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable
Cons: No advancement
I enjoyed my entire day. Worked pretty much on my own. Met and greeted new employees. Enjoyed recruiting new employees and testing.
Staff that cares!
Electronic test technician (Former Employee), Forest, VirginiaJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Staff and assignment matched my abilities
Cons: Didn't last long enough
I've enjoyed my assignments through Elwood. Unfortunately, I was laid off by the client due to lack of work. The staff was very consoling and re-assuring, I have no doubt that when something becomes available I will receive and call and their enthusiastic endorsement. I will never forget their support that I am a person and not a body for a job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Elwood Staffing

Better opportunities. Better balance. Better match. Whatever better means to you, we’re the people who make it possible. Where – Read more

Elwood Staffing Salaries