Elwood Staffing Employee Reviews in United States

It's a Temp Agency
Temp Service (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJuly 28, 2016
Its a Temp agency, and I get assignments, but they have all been part-time. I have enjoyed each job I have been on. I am looking for something full-time.
Pros
Different jobs different people
Cons
all part-time
Fast Paced Environment
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 27, 2016
The company is very progressive and fast paced. Speaking to employees and clients on a daily basis, responding to emails and filling orders in regards to clients emails.
Temporary Staffing Agency
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INJuly 27, 2016
I worked as a general laborer. Fair pay, variety of work, safe and clean working environments. The reason I left was because I want a career.
Pros
Pay was good, clean and safe working environment, and immediate hire.
Stressful, unpredictable
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 10, 2016
Unpredictable hours. There were times that I worked 14 hours straight with no breaks, no lunch breaks. Management was rude, very difficult place to work.
Great staffing agency to work for
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 6, 2016
They will keep you working when you demonstrate good work ethics. They also have good temp to perm job assignments. I've been with Elwood when they were once called Encore staffing.
Assembly Line
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 28, 2016
Fast-Pace job that requires standing up the whole time being there. It reminded me as sports because when each and everyone in the team is playing there role then the assembly line moves smoother.
not sure why but Elwood questionnaire is sharing with heinz
QA (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJune 28, 2016
so this is hard to fill out when I do not know what you really need from me at this time do to the confusion of what questions went where. so I am trying here.
Pros
trying to fill out however confused at the same time
Cons
trying to fill out but confused
Elwood
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 27, 2016
The worst place to work. they are rude and very selfish, and they take your money. they dont pay you out completely at all. Coworkers were the worst. they were very rude, the hardest part was when they called you five minutes to shift and told you to get to the location immediatley, when it was a 45 minute drive there.
Great place for work experience
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJune 23, 2016
Working for Elwood staffing gave me the opportunity to have a lot of work experience in different field with excellent trainers. Down side is during the winter not a lot of work is available. Great pay and always room to become full time for the companies you work for.
Pros
Daily work. Great pay
Cons
Odd hours
Excellent Place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJune 21, 2016
Elwood Staffing was a summer school job for me during my whole High School experience. I learned how to answer calls, greet customers and set up appointment all in one. I became a good multi-tacker.
Pros
Hour lunches
Always fun and interesting
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 21, 2016
Working for Elwood has been great. Their staff is always understanding and courteous. I have learned so much at the companies they have sent me to work. Elwood does their best to keep me busy without long periods of down time.
general labor
General Labor/ Tech. Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2016
• Check electronics items on processing line before shipping sending to customers.
• Liquidate items that do not work or will not reset and eliminate customer info.
• Process each item into the computer through the Blue IQ processing system.
• Rebooted/ Reset items such as: game consoles, internet modems, laptops, GPS, etc…..
• Work as a team to help meet individual production goals 60 processed items and warehouse goals of 2500 items processed and ready to be shipped after meeting OSHA requiremennts.
Pros
learn a lot and was a new experience
Cons
management, short breaks, and guideline switches
Difficult time moving up
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 18, 2016
A typical day is extremely busy and many walk-ins and phone calls depending on how busy the branch is. There were a lot of changes at the company and raises were very minimal.
Pros
Short commute, no traffic, good benefits, cost effective short term disability insurance
Cons
Poor management, no advancement opportunity, no training, equipment break often
production great place for opportunity
Production/Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 8, 2016
With the company for a number of years and was able to gain skills and experience. Great staff that is there for the employees needs.
Cares about all employees
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GA 30241June 6, 2016
Elwood Staffing is a great staffing to work for. From corporate management to the branch managers, is a team of professionals that care about the employees and temporary associates. Great benefits and competitive wages.
Pros
Wages and staff
Cons
Needed more companies to send employees
productive work place, nice people to work with
Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, MIJune 3, 2016
very likable staff. good clean environment.all around nice place to work for. they give training if needed. I enjoyed all my co-worker
gives great work experience
Temp. Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2016
Great culture. Close nit company that takes care of each other. Full benefits, paid holidays.good benefits package with affordable health insurance. Pet insurance with SOS was great!
Pros
great pay
Cons
on call jobs
Stay away from ceva
Forklift Driver and Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 31, 2016
you have wAY too many responsibilities for the amount of pay you receive. Management expect to know every single process of the job with no prior training, also they get family members to work with them and get given all of the benefits instead of going by performance or seniority.
Cons
no benefits negative environment
great friendly company to work for
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZMay 31, 2016
various job assignments. i learned how to be a machine operator at numerous plants. Staff treated me wonderfully and always had me working right of way.
boxes
Packer (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INMay 26, 2016
I go in i put a box on the belt i turn around and grab another simple can not put it any other way every day was the same pay was great the people in some of the factories where a little rough to work with but overall a good place
Pros
pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elwood Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9