Elwood Staffing Employee Reviews in United States

High Internal Turnover
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 28, 2016
The company overall is NOT terrible. However, their expectations can be unrealistic. The Elwoods are great at sitting in front of their computers and composing a bunch of emails to "encourage" their employees and that is about it. They do not have a true understanding of operations on a branch level. They also have no understanding of how very different markets can be. A typical day consists of getting hounded by direct managers, who I am sure are feeling the heat from above but it carries through the company very negatively. I do enjoy my coworkers and have enjoyed the few business trips I've been invited to. However the turnover rate is astronomical and they wonder why? Salaries and especially commissions are LOW and the written job d3scriptons really don't even begin to t0uch on what they actually want from you.
Pros
Normal schedule, medical benefits
Cons
Compensation, Upper Management
Fun fast paced workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTApril 4, 2016
I loved working here and would go back in a heartbeat. The hours were perfect for going back to school. I loved that we had a pre-shift workout every day to ensure no injuries would occur. I loved everyone I worked with. When I was a new temp, I wasn't treated any differently than if I was a direct hire employee. They have amazing benefits. The hardest part of the job was getting used to handling the hot product and the use of my utility knife. The most enjoyable part was not only how everyone helped one another when needed. It was the fact that I had my weekends FREE. It's very hard to find a production job where you don't have to work at least one day over the weekend
Pros
ability to have a drink with you. Weekends off, Awesome people
Cons
breaks didn't seem long enough sometimes, couldn't listen to music as a temp.
Does not stay in touch with employees on new opportunities.
Medicaid Patient Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 11, 2015
No communication with employees, whether it be about new opportunities or present position. Job duties were directed by Parkview managers with little or no notice at all. Co-workers all got along, however always felt like in limbo because of no communication. Everyday seemed to be different in that such the objective was somewhat juggled! Hardest part of job was lack of communication between navigators and or call center reps.The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to tell people about the Healthy IN Plan and reassure them that we would help them anyway we could.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
No benefits
Quick at finding decent jobs nearby
Exployee (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 21, 2016
Elwood staffing provided up to 4 jobs while working for them, with more on the side for easy applying and assignment. Each job offered decent hours as well as some benefits once hired on through actual company rather through the temp agency. Jobs varied from working with hot plastics to assembling eyeglasses. Day to day activity fluctuated from slow to fast, but nothing unmanageable.
Pros
Okay hours
Cons
Loss of income due to temp agency
Elwood
Management Development Program (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 24, 2016
Elwood Staffing is a great company with a great culture - However the staffing industry is rough and the compensation is very low
Pros
Cons
Pay
productive and very nice
auditor (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJMarch 7, 2016
a typical day was sometimes busy but no pressure, learned a lot, coworkers were helpful, the most enjoyable part was there was no drama, and everyone got along,
Pros
you work a straight 8 hours
Cons
salary
crooks, liars, unprofessional.
former employee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2015
If your thinking about working with elwood, please don't. They will mess up your checks, put u at horrible sites, steal half your money and claim it's for taxes and deductions, and you can forget about getting hired on by any site they place you because once you sign that contract with them, they own u. their benefits aren't worth anything. Do not work for elwood.
Pros
Cons
everything u can think of.
Fast-Paced environment with attention executives
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 1, 2015
Great environment to grow in a Human resource field. Skills apply to any sales or customer service directed position. Slow ability to move up the career chain, but executives are present and in constant communication.
Pros
Great benefits
Friendly and helpful staff
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 16, 2015
Stocking, loading trucks, returns, tote picking, labeling boxes, stacking boxes on pallets and wrapping for shipment, relocating overstock items, pulling new items for current orders, using equipment such as box cutters, rulers, and RF gun, followed proper safety standards and procedures at all times, relocated overstock items.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Nice place to work and great hours.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOSeptember 7, 2015
A typical day for is from 7am-3:30pm. I work at a warehouse and the day moves along pretty well as long as you stay busy. The management and staff are very friendly and make you feel as if your needed there. The only complaint I have is I wish they payed more money and the benefits were better.
Pros
Free popcorn on 1st break and snacks on Wednesday afternoons
Cons
The short ten minute breaks go way to fast.
general labor
General Labor/ Tech. Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2016
• Check electronics items on processing line before shipping sending to customers.
• Liquidate items that do not work or will not reset and eliminate customer info.
• Process each item into the computer through the Blue IQ processing system.
• Rebooted/ Reset items such as: game consoles, internet modems, laptops, GPS, etc…..
• Work as a team to help meet individual production goals 60 processed items and warehouse goals of 2500 items processed and ready to be shipped after meeting OSHA requiremennts.
Pros
learn a lot and was a new experience
Cons
management, short breaks, and guideline switches
N/a
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 9, 2015
Company has its good points and a lot of bad points when it comes to Compensation /Benefits - Managements need to help support new ideas.
Was very interestinglace to work, working with robotic welders.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INApril 15, 2016
A Typical day was 5;00pm to 5;00am (3rd shift) Pretty much just came in at 5;00pm, clocked in, went to mu assigned station, checked with co-worker for quality issues.

Fist job I ever had running robotic weling machines, was very interesting to me. Learned how robotics worked.

Very disciplined, came around about every hour to see how I was doing.

Co-workers were easy to get along with, on an assembly line we all got together pretty well, helped on-another with various questions about line.

Nothing much really, just did my work, made sure parts checked o.k., no problems. Maybe had issues with machines stopping, or needing maintainence.

Most enjoyable part of job was watching the robots do the work.
Pros
Nothing much to say really, did my job, got production out as needed, went home.
Cons
Again, just went in, got job done, went home for day.
Loved this job, with one exception
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 11, 2016
I absolutely loved this company, with the exception of their compensation and some of the management team. Yearly review was hastily put together by a manager who knew nothing about your work.

Work environment was amazing, and the team members were fantastic. Corporate office understood their employees and how things worked at a branch level. Yearly training with the corporate team was a blast, and keep everyone up to date with information.

Only complaint was the compensation was very low for the skill set required.

I loved being able to make a difference in peoples lives.
Exciting and Fulfilling Work but not a Guaranteed Job
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INFebruary 8, 2016
I really liked my job through Elwood Staffing. A typical shift was eight hours and possibly overtime if production was not met. I did not work weekends. It was a very fast paced job with a large opportunity to learn more every day. Management of the company I was working for through Elwood had a lack of organization and ran a lot on "word of mouth" instead of facts based observations. The hardest part was cooperating with the other co-workers who "did not want to be there" and did not care to meet production. The most enjoyable part of the job was being put on a very fast line with competitive and hard working co-workers who made me "stay on my toes" throughout the shift and provided me with insightful conversation on how to work more efficiently. I also enjoyed the fact that this company made automotive parts for Ford (among other automotive customers) and I really like Ford trucks. I would have gotten "hired on" after Elwood's three month probationary work period but was told that there was not a position open for me at that certain company once my "hired on" date came up. All in all, I learned that even if you work your hardest, sometimes it is not enough and you will just have to continue to work harder at a different place. Don't give up just because you have to work for a staffing agency before you become hired on to an actual company or industry.
Pros
Casual Friday (at the company, not the temp service)
Cons
Lots of gossip between co-workers and management staff
Overall beneficial, helping others on a daily basis
Senior Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMAugust 10, 2016
We meet and greet everyone with a smile, if they walk in the door, or through phone call. Excellent customer service is a must. I enjoy my co-workers as well as my boss. It can sometimes feel overwhelming at times, and very demanding. Nothing can beat the feeling of being able to help someone at the end of the day. I am truly blessed to have this job, and I LOVE IT!!!
Pros
Meeting new people daily, helping others, incredible and extensive training
Staff is very friendly and willing to help in any way they can
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 28, 2015
The most enjoyable item would be the variety of duties on the job assignment. You're never doing the same thing every day.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
The only con would be it takes 1, 000 hours before you're eligible for any benefits
Team work oriented Company & Team Leaders always there to assist when needed
Temporary worker Haworth/Big Rapids Components) (Current Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIJanuary 4, 2016
Beginning of shift check board to see where your working at. Daily information meetings after second break. Ability to work in fast paced environment & be self motivated. Able to move around to areas needed to fill in & learn fast how to perform job the job in a efficient & safe manner Then look at customer label & BOM Sheet to verify type Tower building. Inspect all parts verify there correct & no defects. If any found take to repair person or Co-Ordinator if needs scrapped out & reordered. Must be able to work 50 + hours a week, stand 10 hours a day & weekends when needed. Meet & exceed daily & weekly goals.
Pros
Team work environment & Management support
Cons
Unable to transfer to different departments, limits ability to learn more on company operations
Fun and productive workplace at WaveJet
Electro-Mechanical Assembler (Contract Employee) (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAMay 15, 2016
Small hands on manufacturing company. Unique in the opportunity building lithium powered jet propelled surfboards. Every employee had valued input in the product development and production. So it would not be untypical to wear different hats in the production process. Management team was very supportive during my tenure there.
Pros
Perks of riding product and lunch out with fellow team members
Cons
Trade off of no benefits
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ALJanuary 16, 2016
A typical day at work is picking orders, then waiting on a truck to be loaded and some time it takes time while you get behind and you need to have it done in seven and a hours. I learned how to pick a order and a certain way it is placed on a pallet. Some days I might see management come by and ask how are you but other than that I work without being bothered. I stay to myself working, I don't have time to talk I believe in getting my job done and going home, some co-workers are in a huddle talking I stay away from that. The hardest part of the job is lifting some of the tug that the parts are in. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking breaks, lunch and going home.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elwood Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9