Elwyn

Elwyn Employer Reviews

Enjoyable Work Environment
Program Specialist II (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaAugust 18, 2014
Great Entry level place to work once Graduating from college. My Co workers are awesome people to work with and they know the true definition of "team work".
Provide instructional support.
Instructional Aide (Current Employee), Media, PAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: friendly staff and longevity.
Cons: commute distance.
Provide instructional support to teacher while providing individualized assistance to children with autism and other severe disabilities.
Love the team atmosphere
Program Director (Former Employee), Elwyn, PAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: supportive professionals
Cons: union for employees who can voice their own concerns just fine
As a Director there was a lot of teaching with the other fellow Directors and managers in which we spent so much time together. There was a lot of work that needed to be done with the homes that required me to step out of a Director's role many days and put on work clothes to clean my homes who had so much clutter in the basements that it was causing – more... health issues with my consumer who were severely mentally and physically disabled. I enjoy being with the managers and Directors because we really stuck together even when the threats from upper management would come when it was time for state licensing. – less
Relaxed setting; minimal paperwork; very busy when things pick up.
Mobile Crisis Specialist (Current Employee), Media, PAJune 24, 2014
Responding to mental health crisis calls in Delaware County; children and adults.
Fun place to work, always a challenge.
Life Skills Associate (Former Employee), Media, PAJune 17, 2014
Pros: friendly and caring people worked for the same goal, for the benifits of the clients.
Cons: in my case it was to far from home.
A typical day was busy,and fufilling. Always a learning experience.
Flexible and Supportive work environment
DSP II, LVN (Current Employee), Temple City, CAJune 1, 2014
An environment that is fully supportive of one another. Everyone is assumed position with minimal requirement of help.
Uncomfortable working
RESIDENTIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee), Media, PAMay 26, 2014
Pros: staff teamwork
Cons: 1) managers are not working with us. 2)raising is suffer.
Managers are not aggressive and not communication at most.

Paycheck has been error often. I have to write on request correction payroll form for to get overtime hours.

Residential Advisors (Regular Staff) have worked as team greatly WITHOUT MANAGERS. We dont have protection because we care clients without supervisor DAILY.

I work one and half years – more... and got only 23 cents raise. – less
very fun and but challenging atmosphere
Life Skills Coach (Current Employee), Media, PAMay 20, 2014
the hardest part of my job was learning each client since they are non verbal with behavior challenges. After working there a few weeks, I have begun to understand each client in there own way.
You will fall in love with consumers.
Group Home Tech (Former Employee), Vineland, NJMay 2, 2014
The most enjoyable part of working here was outings with consumers and staff.
Good work life balance
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance, learning environment
Cons: limited opportunity for upward mobility, raises are minimal
Elwyn SEEDS offers a great work/life balance. Employees receive all the days off the students in the school district of Philadelphia receive except summer vacation. Additionally, it is a great learning environment. However, there is limited opportunity for upward mobility and raises are minimal.
Helping Children Grow and Learn
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: making your own schedule, healthcare.
Cons: hard to keep work at work.
A typical day at work is driving from location to location, whether it be a pre-k or a home and providing special needs services to children with learning disabilities. I get along great with my co-workers, although there is a change in employment frequently. The hardest part of the job is not being able to please everyone, while as the most enjoyable – more... part is the smile and laughter that come from all of the unique children! – less
A people person job.
Life Skills Associate (Current Employee), Elwyn, PAFebruary 19, 2014
Working at Elwyn is very hands on and people friendly you really have to care about the people you work with because if you don't well this place isn't for you and you wouldn't last very long. I love my job the pay is ok and the benefits are excellent. If I were paid more I would probably never leave this place.
Depressing atmosphere
Adult Day Instructor (Former Employee), Media, PAJanuary 29, 2014
This job was not something I would do again. There is something very sad about working with senior citizens who have mental disabilities. Facilitating older adults to do something out of their normal is hard enough, let alone those who have the mentality of a five year old.
Decent place to work
Group Home Counselor (Former Employee), Vineland, NJOctober 15, 2013
Pros: not strenous work
Pretty laid back place. The biggest reward is helping mentally challenged adults with basic daily tasks.
Peer Specialist
Peer Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: working as a peer specialist
Working at Elwyn was a challenging first job. My job description included counseling clients, helping with finding shelter and getting government checks. The job entailed seeing clients for an hour and a half. I had one client that wasn't interested in my service. There was no leeway on the amount of time I needed to spend with her agot and I resigned.

I – more... learned how to work as a peer specilaist – less
fun, fun, fun
Residential Living Staff/ CNA (Former Employee), Elwyn, PAAugust 21, 2013
I fell in love with my clients. I had no worries when I came home. elwyn was an advanture
my everyday job working for elwyn
Residential Living Staff (Current Employee), Media, PAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: taking care of my consumers
Cons: need to pay more
• Assist consumers in daily independent living skills, including bathing, feeding, dressing, serving, personal hygiene and laundry.
• Document consumer progress.
• Provide transportation for appointments, outing, ect.
Productive And sometimes busy day
Life Skills Associate (Current Employee), Media, PAJune 29, 2013
I love working with the clients, also taking good care of them. Some days are good and some are bad but i make it my best to get through the work day.
Residential Living Staff (Former Employee), Elwyn, PAJune 12, 2013
Pros: team players, unionized, benefits
Cons: short breaks, downsized
A typical day at work was pretty much the same,but often times,had to adjust the schedule.Management was great.My co-workers were good team members.The hardest part of the job was when there were multiple behaviors going on at the same time.The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in someones daily life.
Very good place to work, however does not offer a full time position
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee), Media, PAApril 26, 2013
Very enlightening place to work. One learns much about life and the biggest gifts which are free. The job pays good, however it is quite difficult to get a full time position

About Elwyn

Elwyn isn't a character out of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. It's a not-for-profit organization that serves some 13,000 disabled – Read more