Elwyn

Elwyn Employee Reviews

Elwyn cares deeply about their consumers and provides them with the care they deserve and to assist them in being more independent
Program Specialist for Media Vocational Center (Former Employee), Media, PAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Elwyn cares about their consumers deeply, Elwyn provides adequate annual training for employees to meet state and county, health care benefits are great, pension is wonderful .
Cons: Work atmosphere was somewhat hostile, and prejudical at times, no incentives or praise for employees, inadequate training for supervisors ans managers in conflcit resolution, employee relations, and communications, salaries should be more competative in today world
Elwyn cares about their consumers, but they do not provide the healthiest work atmosphere. The company provides good health care benefits, 4013b and a nice pension after 5years of being vested. They do not provide enough training for Managers and Supervisors regarding employee relations. The managers need more training in dealing with conflict resolution, regulations and effective oral communication and enforcing the policies consistently.
awesome
Community Support Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2015
If you don't want to have a real career and work hard your whole life them please apply. The work is half done and things is always someone else's job but the person they gave it to. A job that make sure that you have at least gas money and don't make to much money to get you taken off of food stamps.
The supervision have a very bad attitude and hate.
Former employee (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaJune 26, 2015
The maintenance position is not a job to take, no one ever work in that position for more than 2years without being fired. This is testimony accurate, if you don't believe me go there during your interview and asked anyone working at the moment how long they being working there.the prove is on the pudding. Very small team over 5 maintenance personal fire.
Preschool for Children with Autism
Applied Behavior Analysis Instructor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Team of co-workers in the classroom
Cons: Ratio of staff to children may be stressful at times
provide 1:1 discrete trial services to preschool aged children with autism. These services may be conducted using the integrative model or pull-out (cubby) model. Educational and developmental milestones are taught, social skills/interactions are practiced, and overall preparing the child for school-aged activities.
i truly believe in Elwyn
Certified Direct Care Professional (Current Employee), Media, PAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: ther is always room to grow in the company
Cons: sometimes the jobs may be very far
i love what they do for people.they think outside the box ,they accommodate for eveyrones needs,thats so cool.i couldnt have picked a better place to work, elwyn not only is my source of work but a place where my career begins
WHAT I LEARNED
Caregiver (Current Employee), Elwyn, PAMarch 15, 2015
I LEARNED TO BE PATIENT AND MORE GIVING I AM MORE OPEN HEART AND I LOVE THE LIVES I TOUCH WITH MY KINDNESS AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS
Clients make it worth it
Manager, Corporate Administrative Services (Current Employee), Media, PAFebruary 10, 2015
The upper management is antiquated. They have not embraced the 21st century and discourage new and fresh ideas. The best part of the day is interaction with the clients. they remind you why you come to work everyday.
Demanding but satisfying work environment
Applied Behavioral Support Specialist (Former Employee), Media, PAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: real world experience with psychological disorders
Cons: difficult hours
A typical day at work could be anywhere from 8 to 16 hours, with time for one half hour or one hour long break. Shifts were from 6AM-2PM, 2PM-10PM, or 10PM-6AM, and staff were often asked to work doubles when someone else would call out or something would come up. Daily responsibilities included basic housekeeping for the clients, such as cooking, cleaning, and laundry. On weekdays, we would wake the children up, feed them breakfast, pack them lunches and take them to school. Second shift would pick them up from school, feed them dinner, and engage in program-appropriate activities until bed time. The overnight shift required 15 minute bed checks and completing any household chores that had not been completed during the day. Whenever the clients had doctors appointments or home visits, we provided transportations. Over the summer activities were planned that were appropriate for the abilities of the children in the program, and the staff were in charge of transporting and taking care of the children when outside of the facility.
The management did their best with the resources they had. The organization and communication could have been improved upon, but important notices and changes were eventually communicated to all staff. Management was personable for the most part and were understanding when scheduling conflicts came up.
The coworkers I spent time with loved working with the kids and always did their jobs the best they could. They cared about the children and would often spend money out of pocket to bring the kids clothes, toys, and other activities.
The hardest part of – more... the job were the inevitable tantrums that would occur despite the staff's best efforts. The children would become violent and destructive towards themselves, their peers, and the staff. However, for the most part, when the meds were balanced and the staff were attending appropriately to the behavior plans of the individual children, tantrums were minimized.
The best part of the job was when a connection was finally able to be made with a child. Once they got to know you, they listened more often and engaged in more bonding and responsive behavior. Watching them form relationships with people and do well in other areas of their behavior was very rewarding. – less
ok
Payroll Mgr (Former Employee), paNovember 16, 2014
ok work conditions
great work with children
managers great to work with
great for local area
professional workplace
Health Care Coordinator at Elwyn, Inc. (Former Employee), Elwyn, PASeptember 11, 2014
A great job with to many long hours that are not compensated.
The staff worked as a closely knit team.
Enjoyable Work Environment
Program Specialist II (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaAugust 18, 2014
Great Entry level place to work once Graduating from college. My Co workers are awesome people to work with and they know the true definition of "team work".
Provide instructional support.
Instructional Aide (Current Employee), Media, PAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: friendly staff and longevity.
Cons: commute distance.
Provide instructional support to teacher while providing individualized assistance to children with autism and other severe disabilities.
Love the team atmosphere
Program Director (Former Employee), Elwyn, PAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: supportive professionals
Cons: union for employees who can voice their own concerns just fine
As a Director there was a lot of teaching with the other fellow Directors and managers in which we spent so much time together. There was a lot of work that needed to be done with the homes that required me to step out of a Director's role many days and put on work clothes to clean my homes who had so much clutter in the basements that it was causing health issues with my consumer who were severely mentally and physically disabled. I enjoy being with the managers and Directors because we really stuck together even when the threats from upper management would come when it was time for state licensing.
Relaxed setting; minimal paperwork; very busy when things pick up.
Mobile Crisis Specialist (Current Employee), Media, PAJune 24, 2014
Responding to mental health crisis calls in Delaware County; children and adults.
Fun place to work, always a challenge.
Life Skills Associate (Former Employee), Media, PAJune 17, 2014
Pros: friendly and caring people worked for the same goal, for the benifits of the clients.
Cons: in my case it was to far from home.
A typical day was busy,and fufilling. Always a learning experience.
Flexible and Supportive work environment
DSP II, LVN (Current Employee), Temple City, CAJune 1, 2014
An environment that is fully supportive of one another. Everyone is assumed position with minimal requirement of help.
Uncomfortable working
RESIDENTIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee), Media, PAMay 26, 2014
Pros: staff teamwork
Cons: 1) managers are not working with us. 2)raising is suffer.
Managers are not aggressive and not communication at most.

Paycheck has been error often. I have to write on request correction payroll form for to get overtime hours.

Residential Advisors (Regular Staff) have worked as team greatly WITHOUT MANAGERS. We dont have protection because we care clients without supervisor DAILY.

I work one and half years and got only 23 cents raise.
very fun and but challenging atmosphere
Life Skills Coach (Current Employee), Media, PAMay 20, 2014
the hardest part of my job was learning each client since they are non verbal with behavior challenges. After working there a few weeks, I have begun to understand each client in there own way.
You will fall in love with consumers.
Group Home Tech (Former Employee), Vineland, NJMay 2, 2014
The most enjoyable part of working here was outings with consumers and staff.
Helping Children Grow and Learn
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: making your own schedule, healthcare.
Cons: hard to keep work at work.
A typical day at work is driving from location to location, whether it be a pre-k or a home and providing special needs services to children with learning disabilities. I get along great with my co-workers, although there is a change in employment frequently. The hardest part of the job is not being able to please everyone, while as the most enjoyable part is the smile and laughter that come from all of the unique children!

1 2 3

About Elwyn

Elwyn isn't a character out of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. It's a not-for-profit organization that serves some 13,000 disabled – Read more

Elwyn Salaries