Emanuel Medical Center Employee Reviews

Metropolitan Hospital
Nursing BSN (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 13, 2017
In this hospital setting I "cut my teeth" in nursing. I started on night shift responsible for 10 patients on a busy Oncology floor. Transferred to the day shift after 9 months. On a typical day I gave primary care to up to 4 patients per day. The immediate management were on top of our concerns and always got back to us about issues we raised. The workplace culture was every man for himself. There wasn't much team work noticeable during that era. The hardest part of the job was when someone died and it seemed that all of our work wasn't enough. My favorite times were when "S" called me during the night shift and said hi and I knew that he was OK.
Pros
Learning what was needed to help oncology patients
Cons
Busy night shift
Night shift Travel RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 10, 2017
Travel RNs typically get the bad of the work in any hospital, but here they treat everyone fairly. Charge nurses in Surgical don't help. Tele and PCU charge RN are friendly.
Pros
mandetory breaks
Lvn
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMarch 23, 2017
Great place to work and nice location. I work in numbers location in the hospital from Mother and Baby Peds Medical to the emergency room surgical floor
It was a learning step for me as I received CT training there.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMarch 14, 2017
Worked a lot and also at the time took weekend contract work for the hospital. I went their to learn CT and closer to home for my family. The management wasn't that good and their were many long timers who seemed to get privileged benefits unlike the others. Not professional in my opinion.
It used to be great place to work.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAFebruary 3, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was to take care of patients as team. We had each other backs and felt safe at work. It does not feel like this anymore.
Pros
team work
Cons
low salary
Great place to work. This is place where you learn how to do multitask.
Emergency Physician Scribe (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at Emanuel Medical Center. It was my first job and I learned a lot in this Job. I learned how to care for patients and how to speak to their family members. I management to work with physicians, Nurses and rest of the staff at the same. The hardest part of this job was to see critical patients when they wear in pain. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with physcaian and learned new medical terminology. Also able to do multitask and learn how to read lab report.
Pros
I was to picked my desire shift.
Cons
There was no time for lunch break. The shift was 10 hours, but l wasn't able to leave until the doctor told me to leave, and the shift turnout to be 13 to 14 hours long.
Fun
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I worked in the labor and delivery department and I enjoyed every second of it. Being able to bring babies to the world was fascinating.
Productive and fun place to work
Central Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 29, 2016
Great job, but the pay is very poor. The people are very delightful, and are willing to work as a team to ensure everyone has a good day at work. The director and operating room supervisor are great and very friendly, always willing to lend a hand in the different departments when needed.
Pros
Call Pay
Cons
Poor Pay
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAOctober 1, 2016
Volunteering at Emanuel Medical Center was a great experience. I was able to get a more of inside look of how everything is ran in the medical fields.
Super fun...learned so much...would definitly do it again..
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAFebruary 11, 2016
I learned so much for working here and not only did they teach me right but I also enhanced my skills It was fun met some amazing patients and worked with some amazing patients...Thank you EMC.
Nice teamwork
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Nice coworkers. Pay is low. Fast paced work environment. Not much room for advancement. Older hospital with older equipment.
Great for starting out
ER Registration/ PBX Clerk (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GANovember 4, 2015
Not enough Substitute teacher hours. I really loved working with children they are the highlight of my day! I loved the fact that no one looks over your shoulder.
Pros
Over an hour break during the day!
Cons
Busy hallways when its time to dismiss.
Nice place to work
Pharmacy employee (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CASeptember 27, 2015
I enjoy working at the hospital, but some departments have struggled with high staff and leadership turnover. They really need to come in line with other area hospitals pay scales.
Pros
Health benefits are good
Cons
Pay is low
Great colleagues and decent work place
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CASeptember 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job are my very helpful and knowledgeable colleagues. The hardest part about working in this specific department is having a good work/life balance.
Pretty basic ER experience
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CASeptember 9, 2015
The people are mostly nice to work with, and I feel that most are helpful. However, I feel that more could be done to keep staff from feeling the burn out--hire more nurses, more experienced nurses, and work harder to retain them. Nurses are often over ratio, which is not only exhausting but sometimes unsafe for our patients.
loved the gift shop
Gift Shop Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAAugust 23, 2015
I loved working at the gift shop. I could be there every day, even though I did not get paid. I loved training new volunteers and checking inventory. Everyone was always nice. Its a great place for a first "job".
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAAugust 22, 2015
I stayed with Emanuel for quite a long time and worked in various departments on day and night shift. Overall, it is a good place to work for new and experienced nurses.
Pros
Emanuel has a unique culture, that make employees feel like Emanuel is their family.
Cons
The salary is on the low side. Staffing with CNAs, clerks varies from insufficient to very bad across different departments.
productive and organized
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 14, 2015
typical work of the day
evaluate patient's on contact
management are cooperative
co-employees are a excellent team players
hardest part when bombarded with critical patients
enjoyed when patients/relatives understands ER situation
Pros
Enjoy working with happy people
Cons
Fun, fast paced intresting work
Emergency Room Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 28, 2015
Admitting clerk at EMC was a very fun, interesting, fast paced work environment. Learned a lot about medical condtions, medications, medical procedures and protocols. OK management, great coworkers and hardest part would be slow work days, and best part was fast paced high volume work days.
Pros
Good pay, Interesting job and ever expanding knowledge of the medical field
Cons
Not the best management, No job advancement opportunities
smaller hospital
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 6, 2015
Smaller local hospital but still takes in quite a few patients with a broad variety of scenarios. great nurses and doctors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emanuel Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Emanuel Medical Center Reviews by Location