Emanuel Medical Center

Emanuel Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Nice teamwork
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Nice coworkers. Pay is low. Fast paced work environment. Not much room for advancement. Older hospital with older equipment.
Great for starting out
ER Registration/ PBX Clerk (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GANovember 4, 2015
Not enough Substitute teacher hours. I really loved working with children they are the highlight of my day! I loved the fact that no one looks over your shoulder.
Pros
Over an hour break during the day!
Cons
Busy hallways when its time to dismiss.
Nice place to work
Pharmacy employee (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CASeptember 27, 2015
I enjoy working at the hospital, but some departments have struggled with high staff and leadership turnover. They really need to come in line with other area hospitals pay scales.
Pros
Health benefits are good
Cons
Pay is low
Great colleagues and decent work place
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CASeptember 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job are my very helpful and knowledgeable colleagues. The hardest part about working in this specific department is having a good work/life balance.
Pretty basic ER experience
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CASeptember 9, 2015
The people are mostly nice to work with, and I feel that most are helpful. However, I feel that more could be done to keep staff from feeling the burn out--hire more nurses, more experienced nurses, and work harder to retain them. Nurses are often over ratio, which is not only exhausting but sometimes unsafe for our patients.
loved the gift shop
Gift Shop Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAAugust 23, 2015
I loved working at the gift shop. I could be there every day, even though I did not get paid. I loved training new volunteers and checking inventory. Everyone was always nice. Its a great place for a first "job".
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAAugust 22, 2015
I stayed with Emanuel for quite a long time and worked in various departments on day and night shift. Overall, it is a good place to work for new and experienced nurses.
Pros
Emanuel has a unique culture, that make employees feel like Emanuel is their family.
Cons
The salary is on the low side. Staffing with CNAs, clerks varies from insufficient to very bad across different departments.
productive and organized
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 14, 2015
typical work of the day
evaluate patient's on contact
management are cooperative
co-employees are a excellent team players
hardest part when bombarded with critical patients
enjoyed when patients/relatives understands ER situation
Pros
Enjoy working with happy people
Cons
Fun, fast paced intresting work
Emergency Room Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 28, 2015
Admitting clerk at EMC was a very fun, interesting, fast paced work environment. Learned a lot about medical condtions, medications, medical procedures and protocols. OK management, great coworkers and hardest part would be slow work days, and best part was fast paced high volume work days.
Pros
Good pay, Interesting job and ever expanding knowledge of the medical field
Cons
Not the best management, No job advancement opportunities
smaller hospital
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 6, 2015
Smaller local hospital but still takes in quite a few patients with a broad variety of scenarios. great nurses and doctors.
Summary
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAMarch 24, 2015
Communication skills, interpersonal skills, and teamwork are just a few skills that I possess. I am currently working as a phlebotomy technician. I am able to stick a wide variety of patients from all age groups; I deal with blood and lab testing on a daily basis. I am very compassionate with my patients as well as others I come in contact with. I answer or get the answer for any questions or concerns that my patients may have. I currently have a valid CPR and first aid card. I am a certified hemodialysis technician. I am a certified medical assistant.
Volunteering at Emmanuel Medical Center
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  TurlockMarch 22, 2015
At the Emergency Room where I volunteered, the staff couldn't be any nicer. From patients that come and go, to the patients that stay for quite some time, everyone is treated kindly and fairly. No one is left behind.
Pros
Understanding patient care, Free drinks
Cons
No Cons
Eye Opening to the financial side of a hospital
Medical Biller Robert Half (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Emanuel Medical Center was also a good place to work I received some very good training in medical billing and coding.
Pros
the possible of long term employment
Cons
through accountempts assigment could end.
high stress, disorganized
Manager (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Current company is undergoing restructure thus resulting on lack of processes and undefined targets. Favoritism is common from high to low levels of management.
Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CADecember 25, 2014
Emanuel is not such a great place so work because the staff there is very rude and the workload is alot. Most of the time they dont have enough staff and they make us work short. I was not able to go any further because they dont have many jobs opportunities.
Graveyard pharmacist
Graveyard Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 30, 2014
Graveyard pharmacist. Small facility, Working independently with 1 tech for support, 7 days on , 7 days off., Dose adjustments per protocols. Coumadin and renal dosing. Some days tired for lack of sleep. Experienced staff that I used as a learning tool. Most of staff was competent. Management worked to make schedule equitable.
always encouraging
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 21, 2014
Very busy work enviroment. Learned a lot about healthcare, taking care of patients, monitor tech and EKG skills. Nurses working together for the common good of the patient.
Pros
lots of friends
Quiet,peaceful with friendly enviroment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Turlock,CAOctober 27, 2014
I am working as volunteer at Emanuel hospital.At Emanuel hospital enviroment is very quite and peaceful.Doctors and Staff in Emanuel are very friendly.It is one person job so it is very easy to take care of it.I'm in charge in Surgery Waiting Room.My duties are checking down the patients names,keeping in track what time they went into the surgery room,when they are recovering,and when they are admiting in their rooms.I also help patients relatives to guide them to show them the ways for example to Gift shop or to Cafeteria.As working there I have capable meeting alot of people.I would greet patients relatives when they come in the Surgery waiting room.It is take turns job.It is one person job that we work upon shifts that we assign.
Pros
free drinks and 25% off food
Cons
meeting new people and greet them
great teamwork
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAOctober 24, 2014
stabilizing critically ill patients, collaborating with staff to provide best outcome for patients
productive and fun place to gain work experience
Volunteer, NICU Nursing Unit (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJune 29, 2014
a typical day involves restocking cabinets, helping RNs, Techs and NPs in patient care, office tasks and customer service. co-volunteers are always helpful, cheerful and hardworking. it is a great environment. You will learn how to be compassionate, quick on your feet, attentive and hardworking. the hardest part of the job is when there is absolutely nothing to do.
most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patients and visitors, as well as the family of staff.