embassy suites hotels Employee Reviews in United States

The people were better than the job
Assistant front office manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando,flNovember 23, 2013
The people that I met and worked with were amazing. The property itself is old, dated and ownership is doing whatever they can to not spend any money. We tried to make the best of it and I truly believe people kept coming back for the people. Upper management is unrealistic in their expectation that a four hour customer service class will fix deep underlying issues with the building. My direct superior was a complete micro manager that does not know how to coach people and basically just threathens their jobs. I truly feel sorry for the people left behind under him because even other department heads were wondering why he still has a job. I would probably recommend the company to other people but I would caution them about upper management. I personally got dumped because I would not conform to his way of running things even though I clearly showed him it was not working.
Pros
the people
Cons
travel program is a joke, long hours with little pay.
A hotel has its stress
Engineer,housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 4, 2013
Started from housekeeping to cleaning suites tooo then engineer it was too bad you some bad days in the summer was crazy with a older hotel it was cold or heat then neutral the the system was set for the whole hotel not each room ...management was good after they see you work hard its good to multitask in a hotel thats where job security comes in
Pros
n.a
Cons
n/a
Not fairly compensated for work load given
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany NJJuly 25, 2015
Over worked and underpaid!

This location is run like a jail by the GM. Employees are unfairly singled out for various reasons. The pay rate for the Engineering Dept. is ridiculously low considering the work detail they are expected carryout daily.

I enjoy hard work but do not appreciate being taken advantage of, or working for peanuts!!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay scale
Fun work environment
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 11, 2014
Daily work tasks included washing, drying, folding and sanitization of guest linens.

Housekeeping Management staff was knowledgeable and friendly.

My co-workers were outstanding people with many years of experience in this field.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my fellow co-workers.
terrible place to work at
bus person (Former Employee) –  parsipphany, njJuly 13, 2014
they give you 6 days a week on a low rate pay no rest. people are rude..co-workers very competitive. no consideration for their employees. managers always flirting and yelling
Pros
free breakfast & lunch
Cons
pay rate & managers
Profit is more important than employees
Sales Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago Downtown LakefrontMay 20, 2013
I was at Embassy Suites for almost eight years. I worked at the front desk for one year then moved into the administrative assistant postion for the GM and the sales staff.
During the folowing seven years, I went through four Director of
Sales, any directors postions were cut to eliminate costs. More pressure and responsibilities were placed on supervisors. Many of them were left go due to lack of experience.
SALT scores are always low. The last year I was there, the yearly employee reviews were at all time low.
PROFIT is the most important thing. Big promises for future business but rarely met without going to GM. Then the GM and sales team would scramble to make guests happy.
The lines for comp. breakfast and drinks were always exessive due to lack of staff. Management didn't want to hear need staff is needed, however, they didn't want to give BMG Certificates or hotel cerificates.
It took almost two years to replace the director of finance since PROFIT is the most important than emploee's welfare.
Currently, hotel is without DOS and ASST. GM? PROFIT SAVINGS?
HR is strictly by the book. Well depending what and who the situation is about. HR Director doesn't want to be brought into a possible law suit.
Pros
free lunch, but horrible. discounted rooms, if you are able to find them.
Cons
poor health insurance - aetna
productive and fun
Suite Attendant/Supervisor on call (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2013
Friday is always enjoyable and fun and we have time to know each other through our stories and cultures sharing. the hardest part of the job is to move up and down but it is good at the end of the day because we as co-workers support each other.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Productive, face paced, work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 18, 2013
In a typical day at the Embassy Suites hotels every morning we start our day of with a team meeting. Next we collect our noards which contain a list of rooms to do. We get about 18-25 rooms a day with a mixture of checkouts and stayovers. We stock our carts with all the supplies needed for the day. The managers work close with the suitekeepers to get rooms turned over properly and quickly. The job itself isn't hard at all. The most enjoyable part of the day is when we are all seting up our carts congregating and laughing about of off days and nights before. We even laugh and joke with our managerial staff. All the departments get along well and assist each other if one department falls short of staff.
Discharged if you don't smile
Breakfast Busperson (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 13, 2013
I worked for the Embassy Suites in San Juan Puerto Rico for just a month, I did not pass the probationary period because I did not smile, yes, as you read it, BECAUSE OF A SMILE, no guests complaint and I perform and excellent job, told by the supervisor, but because of a smile did not pass. This is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. I got discharged because I did not change my personality the way they wanted. Think twice if you plan to apply for breakfast busperson in Embassy Suites in San Juan, PR. because if you don't smile you get discharged and in less time than the probationary period.
Pros
free lunches
Is very environment place to work.
Busboy (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 21, 2013
Assist over 50 guest through one work shift.
Very time consuming
Learned to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
Excellent co-workers
Pros
good benefits
Cons
pay rate is low
It was a great experience
Front lobby/ housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 27, 2015
I only worked there for a brief moment it was good learning how to clean a room the right way. I was starting to make new friends. That was a long time ago.
Pros
Good learning new things
Cons
wasn't there long enough
hardest job I've ever had
Banquets (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 17, 2013
I really don't like what happened in working here all of the plates and trays are heavy to carry
Pros
have long hours
Cons
snob co-workers
Productive and fast paced workplace
Banquet Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 17, 2014
I served restaurant patrons and responded quickly to requests. I organized banquet rooms for weddings and parties. I assisted my fellow workers in planning and preparing events. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with guests and providing the highest quality service.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay
Cleaning rooms and guest service
HouseKeeper /Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALJanuary 25, 2014
I come in for work, stock my cart with bed lining,soap,shampoo,pillow cases,cleaning supplies,cups,glasses,and etc! I usually 10-11 rooms a day to do,they are a pretty good size room so it should take me 30-45 mins to clean each room! Some rooms more if it is really dirty.
Pros
discount on rooms
Cons
not enough hours, poor mangement
Worst job ever!!! I won't recommend to anybody, lack of everything
server (Former Employee) –  Embassy suites Piscataway NYSeptember 4, 2013
They only give you more and more work and responsabilities, very poor paid, unfriendly coworkers and managers, horrible experience, old food for employees.......and so on
Pros
free old lunch and dinner
Cons
expensive insurance
Fast pace place, family oriented
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2012
Very busy Breakfast operation and dinner operation, lots of freedom to maketing the place, create sales.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not too much room for growth
fun place to work
Buck head (Former Employee) –  atlanta, gaSeptember 16, 2014
9one manager tries to run every department but own. I wouldn't trade the staff everyone works together
enjoyable work place at times
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2013
Substain employment at this time. Enjoyable co-workers as well it being a nice hotel to work for.
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
hours being cut
dont care for employees
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Antonio,txFebruary 25, 2013
Not the greatest place to work. The second worst hotel I worked at.
Pros
room discounts
Cons
the pay, no lunch, no parking
Great Location to work
line cook (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 1, 2013
The food and beverage department at Embassy Suites Louisville was a pleasure to work with and for.