embassy suites hotels Employee Reviews

Productive business, however management needs to communicate better
Supervisor/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 5, 2016
Good place to work. Management is pretty decent. Co-workers are great to work with. Management needs to develop better work relationships. Overall ok job.
buena
mozo (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 4, 2016
Embassy Suites Hotels me enseƱo a ser resposable y unos tips ensenciales como atender a los clientes, su lema era tratar a los clientes como te gustaria que te traten.
Pros
Buen sueldo y ambiente laboral
Cons
Preferencia por trabajores antiguos
Embassy Suites
Banquet Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSNovember 2, 2016
Working at Embassy Suites was ok. I did enjoy the work but they didn't really offer any benefits. The hours varied and it was always full time.
Pros
Easy work, great people
Cons
Pay
Days and nights were long and exhausting
Banquet Setup/Server (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 27, 2016
The job wasn't bad at all because we worked as a team all of the time. Management for the most part was cool and I learned a lot about my job and it helped me in the future.
Pros
you learn a lot and free food
Cons
working long hours
Suitekeeper (Housekeeper) (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MASeptember 2, 2015
Embassy Suites is a beautiful hotel with very attentive staff, and upper management. Its very hard work, but coworkers are very helpful and all about teamwork. management help weekly meetings to talk about how to improve the hotel, and to keep all the employees informed on their reviews from patrons.
Pros
Weekly Free lunch, Reduced price buffet
Cons
Short breaks
Not fairly compensated for work load given
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany NJJuly 25, 2015
Over worked and underpaid!

This location is run like a jail by the GM. Employees are unfairly singled out for various reasons. The pay rate for the Engineering Dept. is ridiculously low considering the work detail they are expected carryout daily.

I enjoy hard work but do not appreciate being taken advantage of, or working for peanuts!!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay scale
It was a great experience
Front lobby/ housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 27, 2015
I only worked there for a brief moment it was good learning how to clean a room the right way. I was starting to make new friends. That was a long time ago.
Pros
Good learning new things
Cons
wasn't there long enough
Fun work environment
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 11, 2014
Daily work tasks included washing, drying, folding and sanitization of guest linens.

Housekeeping Management staff was knowledgeable and friendly.

My co-workers were outstanding people with many years of experience in this field.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my fellow co-workers.
fun place to work
Buck head (Former Employee) –  atlanta, gaSeptember 16, 2014
9one manager tries to run every department but own. I wouldn't trade the staff everyone works together
terrible place to work at
bus person (Former Employee) –  parsipphany, njJuly 13, 2014
they give you 6 days a week on a low rate pay no rest. people are rude..co-workers very competitive. no consideration for their employees. managers always flirting and yelling
Pros
free breakfast & lunch
Cons
pay rate & managers
Productive and fast paced workplace
Banquet Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 17, 2014
I served restaurant patrons and responded quickly to requests. I organized banquet rooms for weddings and parties. I assisted my fellow workers in planning and preparing events. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with guests and providing the highest quality service.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
low pay
Cleaning rooms and guest service
HouseKeeper /Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALJanuary 25, 2014
I come in for work, stock my cart with bed lining,soap,shampoo,pillow cases,cleaning supplies,cups,glasses,and etc! I usually 10-11 rooms a day to do,they are a pretty good size room so it should take me 30-45 mins to clean each room! Some rooms more if it is really dirty.
Pros
Discount on rooms
Cons
not enough hours, poor mangement
A hotel has its stress
Engineer,housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 4, 2013
Started from housekeeping to cleaning suites tooo then engineer it was too bad you some bad days in the summer was crazy with a older hotel it was cold or heat then neutral the the system was set for the whole hotel not each room ...management was good after they see you work hard its good to multitask in a hotel thats where job security comes in
Pros
N.A
Cons
N/a
The people were better than the job
Assistant front office manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando,flNovember 23, 2013
The people that I met and worked with were amazing. The property itself is old, dated and ownership is doing whatever they can to not spend any money. We tried to make the best of it and I truly believe people kept coming back for the people. Upper management is unrealistic in their expectation that a four hour customer service class will fix deep underlying issues with the building. My direct superior was a complete micro manager that does not know how to coach people and basically just threathens their jobs. I truly feel sorry for the people left behind under him because even other department heads were wondering why he still has a job. I would probably recommend the company to other people but I would caution them about upper management. I personally got dumped because I would not conform to his way of running things even though I clearly showed him it was not working.
Pros
The people
Cons
Travel program is a joke, long hours with little pay.
Great Location to work
line cook (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 1, 2013
The food and beverage department at Embassy Suites Louisville was a pleasure to work with and for.
enjoyable work place at times
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2013
Substain employment at this time. Enjoyable co-workers as well it being a nice hotel to work for.
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
hours being cut
Worst job ever!!! I won't recommend to anybody, lack of everything
server (Former Employee) –  Embassy suites Piscataway NYSeptember 4, 2013
They only give you more and more work and responsabilities, very poor paid, unfriendly coworkers and managers, horrible experience, old food for employees.......and so on
Pros
free old lunch and dinner
Cons
expensive insurance
hardest job I've ever had
Banquets (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 17, 2013
I really don't like what happened in working here all of the plates and trays are heavy to carry
Pros
have long hours
Cons
snob co-workers
Is very environment place to work.
Busboy (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 21, 2013
Assist over 50 guest through one work shift.
Very time consuming
Learned to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
Excellent co-workers
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pay rate is low
Productive, face paced, work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 18, 2013
In a typical day at the Embassy Suites hotels every morning we start our day of with a team meeting. Next we collect our noards which contain a list of rooms to do. We get about 18-25 rooms a day with a mixture of checkouts and stayovers. We stock our carts with all the supplies needed for the day. The managers work close with the suitekeepers to get rooms turned over properly and quickly. The job itself isn't hard at all. The most enjoyable part of the day is when we are all seting up our carts congregating and laughing about of off days and nights before. We even laugh and joke with our managerial staff. All the departments get along well and assist each other if one department falls short of staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at embassy suites hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8