Embassy Suites

Embassy Suites Employer Reviews

I like working with the guest and being at the front desk, you meet a lot of people and it is challenging as far as what you can accomplish
Asst Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches, management works around your schedule if you are in school, paid holiday's, benefit's
Cons: 30 minute breaks, health care
A typical day would be when an co-worker calls off and your entire day has changed. either you can find someone else or guess what you are the manager or supervisor, so that means you might have to work.

the hardest part of the day is when the salt scores are down , and now you must put pressure on your team members to try and help come up with a solution.
Sufficient
Hotel Night Auditor (Former Employee), Tigard, ORDecember 17, 2014
My experience at this employer was fantastic. The only reason I decided to move on was the hours. Working grave shift became difficult for me. The staff and management were amazing and supportive. I was able to learn accounting skills along with my nightly audit skills.
Great
Executive Meeting Management (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 17, 2014
Pros: breakfast and complimentary drinks in afternoon
Great place to stay and work. I have been here for almost 4 years and do not want to work in another hotel in the Little Rock area.
Sales
Barista (Former Employee), La Vista, NEDecember 14, 2014
Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales – more... Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales Sales – less
Great work experience.
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2014
Over night shift includes all guest related issues and concerns. It is the loss prevention officer's duty to make sure all employees and guests are safe throughout the night and are familiar with all safety codes.
Productive place
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 10, 2014
Cleaned rooms and public areas. Helped the department run smoothly
Alright company, but not many benefits.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 5, 2014
Pros: hour lunch break, cafe and restaurant on site.
Cons: not a lot of cleaning inventory to go around, and sometimes no time for small breaks.
I would arrive around seven in the morning, and after fighting over limited supplies with the other housekeepers we would grab our boards with the room numbers then go up to our appropriate floor and begin. I was often on the top floor (9) or on the one below it, where I was usually in charge of having 12-14 rooms to clean for new guests to arrive. – more... Sometimes I had to refresh rooms where the guests still had another night(s) in our facility, and on those days there were often 35 rooms to take care of.
It was definitely a new experience, one that I am happy to have. Unfortunately the hardest part about what I did there was the constant bending and scooping, which did create a lot of pain in my back that I was not able to keep up with. I really did enjoy that I worked in a place that had a lot going on, where I worked with a team but also independently to accomplish a lot of cleaning. – less
THe housekeeping manager did not know how to manage
housekeeper (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoDecember 4, 2014
The house keeping manager that I worked for did not know how to keep the necessary items for the job stocked. We were always short.
a very nice hotel
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNDecember 4, 2014
Pros: half priced food
Cons: understaffed
I cleaned the entire downstairs of the hotel. I attended the guests needs, cleaned the fitness area, pool area, the whole lobby area and 12 restrooms.
An okay place to work
Banquet Captain (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 24, 2014
Pros: work with different people
Cons: not enough hours
Ensure that all of the banquet events go as plan, direct the setting, execution and breaking down of the event, prepare banquet check and close paperwork for the day
Get to stay on of Executive duties and lean other skills.
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee), Blue Ash, OHNovember 22, 2014
Pros: the hotel will be getting a face lift .
Cons: new and bigger break room.
I enjoy my boss he gets to take the major heat if there are problems.I love to come in and opening up.The hardest part of my job is if employee call offs . The end of the day
Beautiful working area and nice staff to work with
Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: employee meals
Cons: no parking, 10 min lunch break
My day would include coming in setting up bar area. Getting tale tops ready for lunch follow. At the end of lunch I would wipe off bottles and change menu for dinner.
At this job I learned how to set up a morning bar and deal with costumers from all areas of the world.
Management was easy to work with once I understood their personal style. My coworkers – more... were very pleasant. There was no gossiping and everybody got their work done in a timely fashion.
The hardest part of my job honestly is all the down time. Because most of our business comes from the hotel there are parts of the day when there is no work. I like to say busy and turn tables fast so that's the only problem I have with my current job!
Overall I'm happy and want to maintain a busy bartending job!! – less
Every day is a new adventure
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 13, 2014
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: high turn over
Hotels are a geat place to work: Great tavel benefits!! It can be hard to work for a 24-7 organization, but you get used to it. Hotel work is very interesting: you meet people from all around the world!!
Wonderful company to work for
Bartender and Server (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2014
Embassy Suites is a beautiful hotel that prides itself in its ability to take care of its customers.
Productive, fun, and wonderful place to work !
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 11, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is my co workers , they are very friendly!
great christmas employee parties
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2014
Great training for my first hotel job
great employee parties
Productive and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Housekeeping is commonly referred to as ‘the heart of the hotel’, which I think is extremely fitting since any hotel worldwide would cease to function properly without this fundamental department.
work Environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 5, 2014
Great company to work with. always busy and crowded so great customer service skills and big smile should always be available when at work.
Typical hotel business
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 29, 2014
If you love constant customer interaction, then hotel work is for you. I was trained to work with Hilton's OnQ system. At the front desk you become the jack of all trades where I often assisted in valet, housekeeping, maintenance, and management.
Family Atmoshere
Sales & Catering Coordinator (Former Employee), Romulus, MIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: 9 to 5 schedule, discounted employee plan, great atmoshere to work in.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would consist of returning calls or emails from guest or emails. Represent the hotel through conducting conferences, property tours, sales calls, and client lunches to prospective clients to solicit, explain, negotiate and close group business. Manage all aspects of the customer relationship including drafting proposals and contracts, – more... responding to customer inquiries, and organizing all other arrangements; e.g., rooming lists, VIP requests, thank you letters, rebates, reward points and experience reports. Design sales and marketing brochures and a variety of other collateral. Assist with special projects, coordinating events, sales and marketing plan research, etc. Distribute reports such as group resumes and definite contracts to the appropriate personnel. Utilize various software such as hotelSalesPro, OnQ Property Management and the R&I System, in order to maintain each group’s suites, details, revenue and inventory information. Create and implement an individual action plan in order to assist in meeting departmental goals. Qualify incoming calls, send faxes, answer phones, take messages, receive and disperse incoming mail, prepare expense reports, make copies and prepare sales kits.Take notes during sales department meeting and distribute copies to general manager and director of sales. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Embassy Suites

Embassy Suites Hotels was recently named one of the top hotel chains for families in the 2004 U.S. Family Travel Guide by Zagat – Read more