Embassy Suites Employee Reviews in United States

Not Worth it
Suite Attendant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 20, 2016
Its a lot of favoritism at this job, the supervisors walk around doing nothing all day they don't try to help, talk down to you, and think they're better than everybody like they wasn't in a lower position when they started
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work especally in housekeeping
Challenging work
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Dorado Municipio, PRMay 15, 2016
Serve every table at the same time, from tens to hundreds of people. Working with the catering staff, who prepare each course at the same time, must make sure each course is delivered as quickly as possible. Keep glasses filled, remove each round of plates and answer any questions from guests. Take orders for each table, if there are multiple meal choices.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no health care coverage
Embassy Suites St Charles
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 12, 2016
I worked both 1st shift and 2nd shift. I learned something new everyday. The management were very professional. The hardest part of the job is when I left. I loved my dedicated guests.
productive
Bouquet Services (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 10, 2016
Majority of the time busy, learned to gain good customer skills and communication skills. Hardest part when it'll get busy. Most enjoyable part of the job communicating with customers.
multitasking with a smile
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 8, 2016
A typical day consists of preparing for your arriving guest. This task is done by communicating with housekeeping clarifying that the system is accurate as to rooms being prepared. I have learned how to better accommodate a customer/guest that has been disappointed with their service without causing the company to loose a lot of money and will cause the guest to want to come back despite of the mishap.
Co-Workers are not the same but taking the time to listen effectively and learn their personalities will always produce a great safe and respectful work environment.
The hardest part of the Job is not having a hard part it's enjoyable because there is never a dull monument.
Pros
meeting new people daily
Cons
no breaks.or lunch but benefits are optional
A white lie (Management)
Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 6, 2016
Easy work, good hours, and an excellent part time job. I would still be working here if it wasn't for one thing: lies after lies after lies.

My old manager lied to me constantly about: getting a raise, moving up in position, and working around my school schedule, etc. When the time came where he left and new management kicked in, I was informed that everything the manager said he'd do was against company policy.

Sure they worked around my school schedule, but what about the raise I was promised? What about moving up in position? The old manager told the new one nothing. He walked out, and never looked back. Infuriated by his poor ethical value, I did the same.
Pros
Easy work, Good hours, Good part time job, Good benefits
productive fun work place
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 4, 2016
I love the people i work with. I have one complaint that they should raise their starting pay for room attendants wonderful staff and job not too hard
Team member (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 30, 2016
The best part-time job I ever had. I always had plenty of workers and their was always opportunities to move up in the industry.
Outgoing, hard working, fast learning and team player.
Assist guest (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work for me is, arriving early to make sure I am prepared to start on time. I've learned how to work with a team to reach dead lines also helping others. Multi tasking is another skill i have picked up that i use to my advantage to make sure all task are complete on a timely manner. I have no had any issue with management or co working, I have always been the type to take the lead and create a comfortable environment for other. Co-workers would categorize me as fun, hard working and outgoing. The most enjoyable part about my job is being able to interact with others. Taking calls, meeting new people and actually enjoying what I do.
Pros
Fun environment, discount on rooms.
Cons
health care.
Great Job
Chef (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 21, 2016
Working at the Embassy Suites in Hampton, Virginia was really nice. I've learned everything i know about cooking from the chef there. we made everything from scratch and also cooked for thousands of people at a time working for the convention center right next door. My co-workers and managers were all awesome! The hardest part of the job was the 15 hour shifts but only getting paid $9.25 an hour. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to compete in different food competitions with different competitors such as Tastefully Yours.
Pros
Learning all different types of food, kept us feed well!
Cons
Pay
Fun workplace
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2016
Very good company and hotel to work for. I have learned to be more of a leader and enjoy working in customer service as you get to help the guest in any way you can to satisfy their stay with us.
Pros
Monthly Lunch ins
Cons
breaks
great place to work
Assistant Outlets Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 12, 2016
professional atmosphere provided by good management team.
certification program and manager on duty training provided.
enjoyable and educational workplace.
Houseman/Houseperson (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 11, 2016
Embassy Suites is a great work place. The only thing is they have employees here that don't make enough to make ends meet for all the work they give their workers. Working 6 nights a week on 7.75 is not good for the body or peoples Job Work/Life Balance. Management here honestly only cares about the department they are in and don't address all things with their employees to make the employees better at making a difference in the hotel. Overall it is a great work place, just too much to deal with when it comes down to a life balance and having bills to pay with no rest from a low paying job.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
The pay
Maintenance Engineer
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2016
My Goodness...Where do I start? In my 20+ years in the bldg maintenance profession. This has got to be the worst place I have ever worked at! Total confusion from upper management to co-workers.

Its a shame that a multi-million dollar company like this can even exist in todays world. I truly have never seen such disrespect and inconsideration from management towards their workers after they hire you. They promise you the world with its so called "benefits" but after a few weeks you realize that its all lies and propaganda!

What a waste of time for any educated and experienced person to work for! The best part of the day was when you knew it was time to go home!
Pros
Going Home
Cons
Coming there
Fun work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 6, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Embassy. Management was very helpful and my coworkers were so much fun. I would recommend this hotel for anyone seeking employment.
Great staff and friendly Guests make for an overall wonderful experience working in this industry!
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28303April 5, 2016
I've worked in the Food Industry for over 6 years. I got sick of constantly doing the same things every day, no matter where I worked. One day, I decided to make a change. Embassy Suites gave me the opportunity to grow more as an individual, as I'd been stuck in a rut for what seemed like a long time. A mere few months has gone by since I started. I'm more relaxed and more financially stable than I have been in a long time. Working and staying here, you're surrounded by wonderful people who will always go out of their way to make sure everything is running smoothly for you. Whether a fellow employee, or a Guest, they will have your back!
Pros
Good pay, excellent trainers, great hours
Needs New Management
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 31, 2016
Although the job is great the management here is not good at all. The general manager hardly knows anything and the guest service manager shows favoritism. She only caters to your schedule if you like her. She hired me and stated several times I was full time but I found out right before I left that I was part time when my hours were cut.
decent place to work
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 22, 2016
Nights are generally quiet which allows my co-worker to sleep on the job. There is limited career advancement. Most of the other employees are a pleasure to work with.
Being productive and being helpful with co workers
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMarch 21, 2016
Walk inside the building ,clock in and then assist who ever is needing help and keep the building organized. Hard work and staying dedicated to working.
Great Hotel and Company to work for
Fountain Court Manager/Lead Bartender (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 14, 2016
I have been at Embassy Suites for the last six years and it has been some of the most enjoyable years of my life. I had the best co-workers and wonderful and loyal management. I have learned how to adapt on the fly and not only to obstacles of the day but adapt to the hundreds of personalities I encounter on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job was the complete satisfaction I would bring to families and guests of our hotel. They never left without being part of an experience that brought top notch service.
Pros
hotel discounts, highly discounted meals, great teammates
Cons
being the only one to take care of 50 or more guests at once