Embassy Suites Employee Reviews

It’s a fun workplace love the people such a nice environment.
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 22, 2018
Working at Embassy Suites is fun, I love working with the people everybody is friendly and they enjoy your company. The managers take everything you say into consideration the only thing I don’t like about the job is the hours. It varies a lot one week you can have a full schedule then the next you have no days on there.
Pros
Nice people Good Management Great employees
Cons
Flexible hours Compensation
Housekeeping supervisor
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2018
I would inspect guest rooms and helped the housekeeping manager open and close in her absence.Made sure the property was kept up and clean. Help other inspector do a good job to pass inspection.
Pros
I got along good with housekeeping team and benefits were great
Cons
no support from upper management
Great Team
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 21, 2018
I really liked working there. They have a great team and everyone is helpful and driven. It is a great environment to work in and you are happy to come into work even on the rough days. Management actually cares for the team and wants to see them succeed and grow in their career paths!
Pros
Great company and team to work for!
Very nice hotel so was proud to represent them.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2018
Embassy Suites is a very nice hotel. The guest and his/her experience there is the number one priority. The atmosphere was fun and inviting. The management cares about their guests and employees.
Pros
The opportunity to speak to many different kinds of people.
Cons
Standing on your feet.
Embassy Suites will make you into a stronger person.
Head Bartender (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAFebruary 20, 2018
I have learned a lot about how to run a Bar and restaurant. And how to deal with all types of people (guest, management, coworkers) personalities. I have a great time meeting new people and creating relationship.
Pros
Great employee's rate
Cons
being over worked and under paid. I am the Bartender, bar-back and food runner.
great place too work
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 20, 2018
great environment, friendly people, great bosses excellent cooks, just a really great place too work. Willing too work with you on your hours. Always willing too give overtime, just a really awesome place too work. The people their are friendly, helpful and always willing too work with you.
Pros
free lunch or dinner
Cons
really none
A lot of room for advancement
Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 16, 2018
ability to move from department to department and a lot of room for advancement. always an option for overtime. great travel perks. hardest part of the job was the issue of being understaffed.
A typical day at work
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAFebruary 15, 2018
Loved this job everyone was great , great place to work , very clean and cozy atmosphere , great food and costumer service friendly staff and great hours , no negative comments at all , very happy with this place of employment .
Pros
Great place
Good surroundings
Housemen (Former Employee) –  610 N. 7th streetFebruary 14, 2018
Good job for anyone who loves to be on there feet an cleaning. The safety and legal requirements of the company so that your performance will add to the company.
Great Place Near Navy Pier
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
A regular day is guest coming and going. Learn how to deal with situations as they arise. All the manager are helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all over the world.
Pros
Free lunch and discount parking for employees
Cons
Working on holidays
Great staff, great location, great hotel!!
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Embassy Suites, Downtown Tampa/Convention Center has it all. As mentioned in its name -- it is right across from the Convention Center and near other popular sites such as the Amalie Arena, the cruise ship port in the Channelside district, and near many other attractions.
Pros
Right Across from the Convention Center
Cons
Can't thnk of any
It was a great experience
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed serving the guests. I enjoyed interacting with them . I enjoyed being there for them through good times and bad times. Most importantly,I enjoyed listening to the guests.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
good place to work
Second Cook - open year (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 11, 2018
quick paced kitchen with lots to do. not only cook breakfast, lunch and dinner but also prepare meals for banquets and parties as well as functions. Got to meet many NHL stars.
Pros
met NHL stars as well as some celebtitied that would stay at hotel
Cons
quick paced and not much time to rest
loved my property before the changes
Sales & Events and Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin County, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Each property will be different based on ownership. The property i worked for was a great work environment and was lead by a wonderful supportive team, management company and ownership. when they property was sold the new owners were self managing and believed in short staffing. The management staff was offered their own jobs at lower rated and the overall feel of the staff became very negative. Almost all staff was turned over, most deciding to leave.
it was a great experience with management and
Front Desk-Night Audit (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAFebruary 6, 2018
it was another great experience in guest services that I will cherrish as far as self development. a great opportunity to interact with people from all walks of life. in addition, my opportunity to learn accounting and business side of hospitality.
Pros
growth
Cons
Very fun and Lively Place to Work!
Banquet Server, Bartender, and House person (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 6, 2018
Working at the Embassy Suites in Tuscaloosa has been a wonderful experience that I would recommend to someone looking to start work within the service industry. Wonderful co workers and just overall quality of work experience.
Pros
Great atmosphere and people
Cons
long hours and unpredictable schedule
Staff was very open and exceptable.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 3, 2018
It was a good work environment.I even got a chance to experience other job oppertunities. House keeping, desk clerk, managment. The benefits of working at a hotel are great.
productive and fast paced
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Enjoyed the different people I worked with. Very busy and fast paced sometimes stressful with guests and their complaints but always had a solution for them.
great environment.
Valet Supervisor, Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 31, 2018
great people to work for and with. Easy to move up in the company if you work hard and apply your self. The location that I worked at was Downtown Fort Worth.
Pros
discount on hotel rooms
Cons
doesnt have set schedules.
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Definitely worth the time and effort to progress with this company. Working at the Marriott was great, the company stayed true to their word and I handled my security guard work as instructed to do.