Embassy Suites

Embassy Suites Employee Reviews

Excellent management
Bartender (Current Employee) –  La Vista, NEFebruary 7, 2016
Managers work hard to value team members and listen to the staff. I would recommend this JQH property to anyone wanting to work in the hotel industry.
Bad Experinece
Suite Attendant (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJFebruary 2, 2016
I had a real bad experience working at Embassy Suite, dealing with a horrible manger my last day couldn't come any sooner and i'm glad its the end to a bad job experience. NO GROWTH I work in housekeeping and i wanted to work as a front desk agent since the day i started and the housekeeping manager made sure i didn't accomplish that goal
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Cleaning horrible rooms on sunday, noisy co workers and supervisor, bad pay, no growth, no vacation or sick days
Staff is Amazing
Convention Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORFebruary 1, 2016
Embassy Suites has been a great place to work for the last 10 years. Being promoted within has been a big goal of the ownership, and that is wonderful. My team mates and the management rock! Hours are challenging if you have a family at home, as they are inconsistent and days can be incredibly long (especially if you need child care).
Pros
Free lunch, promoting within, supportive management
Cons
long hours, pay is not competitive compared to other hotels
Valet
Valet Parking Attendant and Bell Hop (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2016
It was a very good experience. I'd recommend the job to anyone that is interested in face to face customer service. If this location was opened I'd definitely work there again.
Pros
Pay
Cons
nothing
Best job I ever had
Barista, Server, Room Service (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 27, 2016
I loved working at Embassy Suites. The day to day tasks weren't over the top and I got paid well. The people who work there are incredible and they have everything in line. Rules are constantly enforced hence having HR on site. This is a great company to work for.
Strict but friendly enviroment
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 26, 2016
Great place to work, professional. Strict and very physical. Very busy and guaranteed 40 hours a week. Housekeeping is great and you never know who will be staying at the hotel. Always an interesting day!!
Pros
Always busy
Cons
always busy
fun work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 26, 2016
a day at work was to start breakfast for the guest
I have learned the operation of the kitchen
I worked with awesome co-workers
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Franchise Company different from Corporate Managed
Senior Sales/Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Coming from a corporately managed property which was a wonderful experience to working for a franchise operator was quite an eye opener. This particular franchise will deliberately change their operations when they know that QA is coming in to get better scores and go back to the same shoddy practices that is the norm for the property.

Corporately run Hilton properties have great culture, pay and working environments, no so with the Franchises.
Pros
Very little
Cons
Bad Management, bad culture
Very fun place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 19, 2016
Walking in the doors every morning with smiles waiting to be seen! Continue to my work station check my list an can't wait to start my prep sheet and start chopping n cooking.
Great co-workers
Housekeeping dept supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 17, 2016
Very pleasant co-workers, support from co-workers, very clean place to work for.
Learned a lot of new skills that I haven't learn in other hotels.
Management is good. GM is a great person to talk to and to approach when needed.
Pros
Good employee benefits
Cons
overwhelmed duties for 7 or 8 hours of work
Front Desk Agent
Front desk/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJanuary 17, 2016
Meet and greet customers new and returning. Sell hotel rooms. Answer phones and take reservations. Run daily reports as well as doing deposits for the shift. Hardest part was the hours. The enjoyable parts would be customers coming back because you were still working there.
Pros
Having customers return
Cons
hours
St.Louis Bread Co and The Wright Touch
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2016
• Clean cubicles at Dentists and Law offices
• Mop and Vacuum
• Greet customers and take orders
• Handled customer problems with patience and sensitivity
Very Unorganized
Hostess / Server (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 9, 2016
Employees are not taken care of properly, staff pays no attention to many safety regulations. You will only by teated nice in front of the GM, nowhere else.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No recognition for good work.
productive , always have something to do
laundry/houseman /housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 7, 2016
i cleaned the hotel, moped, dusted, vacuum...
i learned how to clean rooms, do laundry ...
management was great always understanding
the hardest part of the job was getting to know everyone there
co-workers where great friendly
the most enjoyable part was it was never the same thing always something different to do
Productive and fast paced.
Steward (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 6, 2016
A friendly and fast paced work environment with excellent interactions between guests and employees. Wether looking to be the first contact with guests or creating beautiful meals, Embassy Suites is a fun place to be working for.
Related to my degree and great first position in hospitality.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 30, 2015
Shifts usually lasted between 6-8 hours with half hour breaks. Typically two front desk agents and a supervisor. Hardest part of the job was constantly making sure every guest was leaving with a good impression whether it was their first time with us or visit 3 nights of the week due to business.
a typical work a day
Columbus st - Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2015
I worked ther very short ,but Im missing that days, that people, team, management. It was the first job in USA Im very excited, my resposibility was to clean rooms.
Simple, leave it at the door job
Concierge/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GADecember 21, 2015
Being a clerk for the Hilton company was exceedingly easy. My one con of the experience would have to be that once I conquered the challenge of adjusting to the working life, there was no real mountain to climb. My day to day was mostly the same, with a handful of bored, monotonous hours to fill. The management team was great though, and made a point of coming out of the offices to include the clerks in their conversations and ask our opinions on things. I felt useful and valued. Hilton has high standards for service, and I feel fortunate that my first work experience was with a company of such high standards. My personal standards have been very much informed by my experiences with them.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms when needed anywhere in the country
Cons
Lack of challenge or chance for promotion
Suite keeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Downey, CADecember 21, 2015
Working in this company is fun but hard work at the same time. I learned that working in this company is that you have to be a fast worker because they give you a lot of rooms to clean. Some of the co workers are nice and some are rude. the hardest part of the job is when they give u a lot of check out rooms and the people leave the rooms dirty.
Cons
Short breaks
Alot of work for a little pay
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  La Vista, NEDecember 17, 2015
The supervisor does not know how to be professional. You do a lot of work for a little pay. Not easy to communicate with the other workers and its is hard to keep supplies. one must be very patient to work as a room attendant, and willing to clean any and everything.
Pros
Discount Hilton Rooms, Health Care and Life Insurance for Full Time Employees, PTO
Cons
Languange Barriers, no time and a half for holiday, not a set shift