EmblemHealth Employee Reviews in United States

Productive environment
Telephone/Correspondence Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2016
I enjoyed working with the most dedicated staff and co-workers.
The best part of the job was assisting the customer with great outcome .I've learned that everyone is sometimes in a bad situation, in which I could help to relieve some of the stress in the best feeling in the world
Pros
work schedule
Cons
irate customers
Productive and Positive work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2016
A typical day at Emblem would be providing the best customer service to all our CMS Clients. The Management is exceptional
at training and dealing with daily issues that come up. I adore my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was I was hired as a consultant and my contract is up.
Pros
Great positive co-workers
Cons
no healthcare because I was an outside consultant
great work environment
Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2016
learned a lot. the team is very helpful. the work was very well framed and done in a timely manner.
the scrum meeting were a lot of fun.
Great Company
Database Analyst - Provider Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2016
Worked for the company for 34 years until company started to downsize. Would still be there if company still existed. Company had great camaraderie and many long lasting relationships are still on going.
A company with room to grow
Business Analyst - (04/13 – 6/16 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2016
my years with the company was great until recently, when the company started to lose money and was forced to laid off some employees to save the company,
Good to learn new things
SR. ETL/DataStage DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 13, 2016
Emblem Health delivers a number of leading health benefit solutions through a broad portfolio of integrated health care plans and related services, along with a wide range of specialty products such as life and disability insurance benefits, dental, vision, behavioral health benefit services, as well as long term care insurance and flexible spending accounts.
great place
Sr. Salesforce Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 6, 2016
I worked at Emblem Health
They set high standards, and consistently deliver.
Their project expectations and planning is excellent. The top level management folks are extremely smart and have a great sense of vision and planning.
Professional and pleasant work environment
HEDIS REVIEW (Former Employee) –  Melville, NY 11747June 30, 2016
The few months that I was employed as a temp at EmblemHealth, I looked forward to going to work. The individuals that I worked with were professional and team players. Management was accessible and hands on. I was afforded the opportunity to learn several systems that enhanced my knowledge pertaining the field that I was employed in.
Pros
Because I worked as temp there are no pros or cons.
Cons
Because I worked as temp there are no pros or cons.
work in QCOE Testing Delivery Center
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 22, 2016
Supports all aspects of departmental programming implementation
I do functional testing and problem solving, write and test scenarios for claims operations.
IT is a never-ending learning task
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2016
arrive early, stay late
Computers never sleep
the many years of how to multi-task & prioritize
can rely on other IT areas for assistance

hardest part is leaving
most enjoyable is that the many of workers met over the years we still have outside of work contact.

Want to know more about EmblemHealth?

Ask a question
Great Co-Workers
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
EmblemHealth has been a great company to work for, but right now it is going through several transitions because of healthcare reform. EmblemHealth has always been a strong company, but has been struggling in the past few years because senior leadership has not invested money back into the company. I think with the addition of our new CEO the company will bounce back. We've had several layoffs and I'm sure many more will be made but this is expected with a company going through transition. Co-workers are very helpful and the work atmosphere is great if you are in the corporate building.
Pros
Gym, option to work at home when needed
Cons
No retirement health insurance as of January 2017. Frozen Pension
EmblemHealth
Quality Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 5, 2016
EmblemHealth was a decent company to work for. The communication was sometimes lacking. But I'm sure that can happen in any workplace. The compensation and benefits were decent as well. They are experiencing financial difficulties and as a result are doing major layoffs.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Layoffs
Empowering
EDI Infrastructure Architect (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2016
A typical day's work at EmblemHealth is very busy. The nice part is that the IT area is small enough that you can easily reach out to and work with other groups quickly.
A Healthy Corporate Environment
VP / Senior Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2016
EmblemHealth, a $10B healthcare organization serving nearly 3.4 million people in the New York metro area.

Leadership is the focus. maintaining the core values of communication, collaboration, initiative, integrity and respect. These core values lead to building customer confidence, increasing customer satisfaction and ensure commitments to customers are met both externally as well as internally.
Spent most of my years here
Administration/Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10001May 17, 2016
When I started back in 19856 I enjoyed the atmosphere, the staff, etc. As time went things changed with regard to different systems.
The most enjoyable part of work was being there and contributing to the various departments I worked in.
Pros
Being a part of the Organization
Cons
Being laid off in 2014
Friendly place to work
Senior Full-Stack Engineer (Current Employee) –  441 9th Ave, New York, New YorkMay 16, 2016
The management is open and flexible. Learning new technologies are always encouraged at EH. Co-workers are friendly and willing to share the knowledge.
Pros
Ave benefits and work load
Cons
Not much to talk about it
A productive workplace
Accounting Clerk, Jr./Word Processor-Data Entry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2016
A good work environment. The opportunity to help others. There was good benefits and a great learning experience. Good benefits
Pros
Health Insurance Coverage
Cons
short breaks
Good
IS Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2016
• Operate as service point-of-contact for help-desk, helping to diagnose, troubleshoot, related to both hardware and software and resolve approximately 50-60 tickets per day.
• Providing 100% phone support in a technical environment
• Use Heat as ticketing system.
• VPN support, Active Directory support
• Support customer on windows XP, 7, 8 and newer versions as well as mobile OS( ios, Andriod, Window phone etc)
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYApril 28, 2016
Overall a great place to work! I enjoy the challenges faced each day! I enjoy motivating my team! I dislike the negativity by a lot of reps! If they are unhappy go someplace else! Sometimes it feels like i'm an oddball because I like my job!
Pros
Everyday is something new
Cons
Negative reps being down those around them
Great job
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2016
• Administers all aspects of the Medicare BCRC Call Center to ensure compliance with the BCRC contract provisions related to the proper handling and timely processing of incoming telephone calls and correspondence to CMS customers including beneficiaries, providers, insurers, employers, attorneys and agents involving Data Collection and Recovery issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EmblemHealth. Our community is ready to answer.