EmblemHealth Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working for Emblemhealth
Sr. Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2017
The atmosphere was great. We worked as a family. Many of us had been there for over 10 years.
I would have considered reapplying to this company if they wouldn't have relocated to 55 Water St.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance
Cons
Outsourcing and management didnt know their resp.
Great Company
Customer Information Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
I would take calls from medicare clients and help resolve their medicare issues. The management team worked with you co workers were friendly. The customers would talk about themselves before getting to issue.
Pros
close to all trains
Cons
short breaks
I worked for EmblemHealth for 17 years and my experience with the company is beyond measure, I will certingly miss working for the company.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 21, 2017
A typical day at work would be to assist each and every member with whatever issue or challenges that day brings
I learned to treat every one with respect regards of how challenging a situation might be, by understanding that it is never personal, they are crying out for help.

Management is very supportive at all time.

We are a beautiful diverse group of people of all ages, we work well together and learned from each other at all times.

The hardest part of my job is to listing to dis-satisfied member complaint of inadequate care or of something I am not capable of resolving, e.g. their doctor is not accepting their insurance.

the most gratifying part of my job is going above and beyond my call of duty to ensure that my member issue is resolve and member is satisfied.
not bad
Direct Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 11, 2017
company is being outsourced to india, bad move, ceo will destroy the company, they will lose NY City contracts soon, stars for medicare are going down
Company is Closing
Senior Claims Examiner / SAWS Dept (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 7, 2017
The only reason why I am leaving the company is because; the company sold to off shores and they are closing. I have been working with Emblem for 18 years.
Pros
Benefits and Great Pay
Cons
healthcare, Short Breaks, Flexible Hours
Productive service of Medicare
Customer Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 7, 2017
Awesome company to work for. Full benefits and excellent income!
The learning process between coordination of benefits and recovery was transitioned smoothly.
Pros
Earning of dress downs days
Great work place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 7, 2017
I loved working for emblem health.. I enjoyed the time I spent working at there.. If the opportunity presents itself again I will join that team again..
Excellent company to work for
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2017
I had hoped to retire from this company, I enjoyed working here for nine years, but my whole department was outsourced to a company in India called Cognizant.
EmblemHealth is a productive, learning, and competitive place to work.
Treasury Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2017
I worked as a Treasury Operations Analyst for five years with EmblemHealth
I learned the ability to complete work and projects at an early time. I acquired effectiveness to resolve Treasury and Accounting problems,issues in a timely manner.
I applied excellent time management skills to effectively multi-task responsibilities. I applied my strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills to effectively work and communicate within and outside of the organization. I participated in work automation and streamed line jobs to appropriate departments. And I created work procedure used for training in Word.
EmblemHealth contributed to me more knowledge in financial and banking systems and concepts, MS Office skills.
Mismanaged
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 2, 2017
Could have being the best place to work if upper management knew what they were doing. They outsourced something so important to India and the Philippines
Competitive business
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2017
I've learned many skills which i apply to my daily work, especially communication and attention to reducing re-work. My job is enjoyable because it is challenging. The challenging part of my job is coordinating with many people with different roles to get things done.
Pros
Health insurance, gym membership discount
Cons
Low raises and no bonus.
Productive and very supportive enviornment to work in.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 27, 2017
An amazing company to be a part of. Opportunities for growth are offered and encouraged for all employees. Very supportive of all employees needs in the company as well as in life outside of business.
very busy work place
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2017
Great Company to work for, enjoyed the staff and quality of work that was provided. I learned many new techniques that helped me with my profession and helped the company strive forward.
Great complany to work for.
Complex Care Manager (Telecommuter) (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10029February 24, 2017
I enjoy working for this company and the benfit of telecommuting for my job. I have learned many new areas of clinical while working for this company the last 9.5 years.
very decent place to work
Compliance Generalist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Company is going under but management is very nice, alot of job security and nobody seems to be at odds with one another. Very nice environment
EmblemHealth a company in transitiion
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  55 Water Street New York, New York 1004February 16, 2017
Emblem is regional healthcare provider in the New York metropolitan area. In the past several years with the changes in the healthcare environment Emblem is in transition. We have a new CEO who is looking to change the direction of the company and the culture of the company.

The environment is pleasant and the work is challenging and rewarding.
Pros
collegues
Cons
Being from New Jersey the commute can be a con
Great Benefit
Healthcare Advocate (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 15, 2017
• Train new employees on sales and marketing.
• Provide excellent customer service detailing new fashion trend and styles.
• Consistently met / exceeded sale goals month- end.
Fun place to work and great incentives.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Emblem Health was a very good company to work for. It was a very diverse setting and welcoming environment. There were always group activities and incentives for staff to be encouraged. Good company to work for. Coaching was really helpful to deal with customer base and to provide excellent customer service.
Pros
team challenge incentives, extra breaks, reward for wellness and fitness
Cons
The company closed locations in Florida and New York
Was Pleasant and great company to work for
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2017
The company had a lot of benefits (discount on lunches-gym membership-health challenges a lot of other benefits.
For the most part everyone was friendly and helped one another out.
There were a few people who were ?.

Over all I enjoyed my employee there.
Pros
Some good People
Best People, Not Best Practices
Senior Medical Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Loved my job and helping out members, hated the miscommunication within the company. No clear guidelines on processes and no accountability for actions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EmblemHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

66%