EmblemHealth Employee Reviews in United States

Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYApril 28, 2016
Overall a great place to work! I enjoy the challenges faced each day! I enjoy motivating my team! I dislike the negativity by a lot of reps! If they are unhappy go someplace else! Sometimes it feels like i'm an oddball because I like my job!
Pros
Everyday is something new
Cons
Negative reps being down those around them
Great job
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2016
• Administers all aspects of the Medicare BCRC Call Center to ensure compliance with the BCRC contract provisions related to the proper handling and timely processing of incoming telephone calls and correspondence to CMS customers including beneficiaries, providers, insurers, employers, attorneys and agents involving Data Collection and Recovery issues.
Emblem
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2016
I do not recommend working here. There have been random lay offs and the management does not treat you with respect. I do not think Emblem will be hiring anytime soon.
A good place to work
business analyst/UAT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2016
A very nice environment and healthy environment. All the co-workers are friendly and a great place to enhance your career.
It was a nice working environment
Facilities (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2016
I do daily mail pick up and drop off, order offices supplies on the request of my co-workers and management. If there something in broken or down in the office I would give building maintenance a call. The hardest part of my was not able to get what management and co-workers request. I enjoyed working with the people around me, they make my day go by faster.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Changes
Lovely employer
Medical Record Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 17, 2016
I love working with emblem health, it is a nice place to work with people that are goal oriented and career driven. I have the pleasure of working with experience nurses and staff of emblem health, helping me acquire more understanding about my job description.
EmblemHealth is a health maintenance organization and health insurance company based in New York City
Business Analysts/Quality Analysts (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2016
EmblemHealth is a big healthcare player in tri-state area with a range of products offering greater flexibility in benefit and pricing options to best match its member’s individual needs and health care priorities.
Transformation
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2016
EH is currently going through business transformation and should emerge a very strong company. My experience is that it will be a great place to work once the transformation is complete.
Pros
Competitive compensation
Cons
Late communication
Was once a great place to be employeed, but now its "politics"
Senior Corporate Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2016
Was once a great place years ago, until the last few years. Company is going through a transitional phase, in which management is micro managing all work to ensure proper reporting. Unfair assessment of employee general work. Favoritism tends to override an employee's efficiency
Pros
Telecommutting, work schedule
Cons
work assessment, advancement
no longer a great environment
pharmacy department (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2016
When first joining the company. I thought I was joining a company that was one of the leaders in health care in the tri state area. Boy was I wrong. From the inadequate management to the politics between everyone from the top directors to the supervisors. Everything is scratch my back and I scratch yours. Never mind the fact that you are asked to give your blood for the department. The favoritism runs rampant which means people who sometimes can barely write an email are given titles. You know who has a title by the entourage they keep. If you are not a "yes person" and you speak your mind you become a target. From the on going rumors of the company bleeding money, and the slashing of departments with out warning. This place is in serious trouble. Theres no wonders in the few short years I have been at emblem. There has been a new CEO for every year I have worked there. I have also witnessed some of the best employees and directors leaving the company for the competition, yet the company is doing nothing to save the hard workers. on top of all that pensions have been eliminated along with bonuses. only a modest 401k and the health insurance that is supplied by the company continues to rise in price each year for the employees.
Pros
none anymore
Cons
eliminated bonus and pension, no breaks, no growth, I can go on..
Excellent Work Place
Manager IT (EDI) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2016
Great company , Nice Management , Fast Paced however need a some serious reorganization with regards to Infrastructure
Pros
Liberal WFH policies
Cons
Unstable job situation
Very good company with Great opportunities.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2016
Loved working here, no politics, nice work environment, sometimes crazy work schedules during implementation but worth it if you are surrounded by good team members.
EmblemHealth
Data Control Clerk II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
A great company to work for. They have great benefits such as health / dental / pension /401k benefits. One of the best. The management is very helpful and understanding. The best company to work for and the salary / pay is excellent.
Pros
salary / benefits
Cons
none at the moment
Fun place to work with
Sr. SharePoint Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2016
Good place to work with.
Employee friendly.
not much co-operative management.
Most enjoyabl part is the working environment.
job culture is also good.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
Nice work environemnt
Sr. Java/ J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2016
I worked here and very pleasure working environment and very friendly people and Management is great people to take care of the developers.
I was a temp.
Floor manager/ trainer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 29, 2016
This is one of the best jobs I have ever had however I was a Temp.
I trained 1/3 of the sales floor on systems (5 different) ACA, Medicare, Medicaid. Chip and for many state federal and city employ groups as well as many unions. I also had to manage the floor some times as many as 125 Licensed reps. My co- managers and upper level managers were some of the best people I have ever worked with. The job had changes every day it kempt me on my toes with customer calls, agent needs, reports training time past quickly because there was always something to do I loved the job.
Pros
Great pay great people great job
Cons
Tempory
Excellent experience
PC\Networking Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 26, 2016
I came into this company on a 2 week contract job to setup computers in a Training Room. 10 years later I am still here. They liked the way I worked and interacted with the customers.....so they hired me. It had many different departments (Claims, Grievance, Marketing....), and I had to deal with many different personalities and executive levels. This is health care industry, a satellite office to New York's main office, supported approximately 600-800 users depending on Peak Season, advertising.....
Pros
Learned many new skills
Cons
Pigeon holed, no advancement
Work with Latest Technology
Senior Network Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY - Full-Time Telecommuter in FlordaFebruary 25, 2016
Spent 13 yrs of my career working for EmblemHealth. Enjoyed designing and building some of Emblem's Critical Infrastructure systems. Enjoy working with the Cisco Nexus line. Was exposed to both Cisco and Palo Alto Firewalls.

Overall, a very decent place to work.
Great Place but still has many areas of opportunity
Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Great place to work because of the people. The firm is in a transitional state to either make it or shut it's doors, I really hope it makes it.
Pros
People, benefits
Cons
Management, transitional culture and silo mentality.
Professional environment with strong corporate initiatives
Sr. Grievance & Appeal Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2016
EmblemHealth is a professional environment with corporate management that is deeply interested in setting and achieving company-wide initiatives for business improvement.