EmblemHealth

EmblemHealth Employee Reviews

Need more transparency
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: great work-life balance, opportunity for self-growth
Cons: HR sides with management, political environment
In the beginning,Emblem was a great company. The climate was more of a team environment. Management was supportive and provided constructive feedback.

Currently, communication is not transparent

I'm sure the company will bounce back but it shouldn't be at the expense of those whose feet are on the ground. Some of management should be included in these layoffs.
It has been a great company to work for. Unfortunately, the company continues to go through transitions, and lack in strategic vision.
Senior Manager (Former Employee), NY, NYApril 29, 2015
Pros: Decent work-life balance.
Cons: Too many changes in top-tier management, creating a lack of strategic vision, plus the inability to effectively compeat in the industry..
I have been with the company for 18 years and have experienced very good times. Throughout my tenure I have developed diversified extensive experience in corporate financial planning.
Worst company!
APPEALS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: It's was 30 minute commute to and from work each way.
Cons: Everything.
If you're thinking about applying to the Gtirvance and Appeals Department! RUN!!! You will regret it for the rest of your life! You will be miserable and traumatized! Management is horrible from Sr. Management right down to supervisors! They are like drill sergeants. I left this company for another company doing the same thing for a 15k increase and to have a peace of mind! And if you think running to HR will resolve your issue, HA you are fooling yourself. Do yourself a favor and avoid this department by any means necessary! The GA Deptment give the company a horrible name! I hope with the financial loss of the company, it will take a look internal at the employees and fix management!
Good place to learn and hone Project Management Skills
Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 26, 2015
Good place to hone PM skills. Going through transition to Emblem from HIP. Very good EPMO office. Excellent co-workers.
a great learning experience
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 18, 2015
Cons: long commute
great co workers. learned all about health insurance here. great location. really long commute........producing reports that improve our member's overall healthcare experience was the most enjoyable part
Constantly putting out fires
MANAGER, PROVIDER FILE OPERATIONS (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: instability
The company as a whole has been going through alot of transformation and cutback. As we loose staff through attrition they are not replaced even though the work is not decreasing. Most days consist of handling hot items so we dont get burned, rather than doing our jobs and preventing fires from starting. Upper management is non supportive and inconsistant. The overall group of employees are a pleasure to work with and are easily motivated, co workers in management staff are unwilling to work as a team therefore causing unease on the floor. I started here over 8 years ago and hoped the enviroment would improve. Each year there are intiatitves that provide hope this will be the year. Above is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work itself, and my staff.
Supportive workplace
Group Enrollment Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2015
Entry level employment at EmblemHealth is a positive stepping stone for career advancement.

The organization promotes from within and has initiatives in place to discover individual career goals.

Work flow in Group admin was dependent on sales and renewal business so day to day functions were unpredictable.
experienced FSD
FIRE SAFETY DIRECTOR (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2015
extremely friendly setting which helps with a very productive day, management team is very hands on and intuned with what takes place with fire safety.
Enter at your own risk
Finance (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 22, 2015
Pros: 9-5, telecommuting, on-site gym, reduced cost lunch program, lots of pto
Cons: horrible management, little career advancement, layoffs, non-existant culture
I will say this: if you are a person that is firm, has a thick skin, likes to "shake things up" and can put up with tons of office politics then you'll do fine at Emblem. However, if you are a person that just wants to do their job, make a decent paycheck and attempt to grow a career, then do not walk but RUN from this place.

Anyone in healthcare knows the Affordable Care Act (aka "Obamacare") has completely changed the business of insurance. Some insurers planned ahead and are doing ok with the new changes. But other insurers aren't doing well and the result is they're bleeding money. Emblemhealth is the latter. Lack of corporate culture and bad management in the wake of the ACA has buried this company and unfortunately the employees are suffering. Major layoffs have occurred, compensation for remaining employees has completely stagnated and promotions are non-existent. Departments are a revolving door. Its sad because Emblem for such a long time was a good company but good people are either leaving or being let go.
Manager of Sales Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
Good work life balance. They give you a lot of advancement opportunitites. The hardest part of the job is a lack of technology
What care feels like
Program Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: no micromanaging, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: no personal space, changes occur with out much communication from upper management
I have worked for Emblem for over 10 years and I have moved around a few times. My current position is a very fullfilling experience. Directly assisting the community I am familiar with feels like I am helping family.

This department has its ups and downs due to it being a new department with organizational issues/no standard operating procedures. Upper management has changed a few times within a short period and job functions are always changing and adapting.
Great company, terrible Management
Provider Advocate (Former Employee), Melville, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
The only thing good about this company are their benefits. They start right away and you have a choice of numerous plans. The work was easy, and if management knew what they were doing, it would be heaven. However, if you think you're allowed to have a personal life while working here, think again. You are never allowed off, they hand a paper out every 3 months to request days but people who have been there for a million years, get them first and you're left with a Wednesday off because that is all that is left. Don't do it.
Work environment was fun and entertaining
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Typical work day involved sitting at the computer handling incoming phone calls from members, pharmacies, and providers. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Management was both helpful and unhelpful depending on the situation. What I learned working there was to have more patience and empathy regarding the members and there issues, as well as being more comfortable in speaking to people.
Job had to be done.
EDI Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: much learning opportunities are afforded.
Cons: too much politics and abuse of power.
My early years with HIP I enjoyed coming to work, my coworkers and I loved my job; learning new skills, ideas and approaches. After the merge of Emblemhealth with GHI the culture changed drastically
Challenging environment with potential for success
Senior Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Melville, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: pto, health insurance benefits
Cons: long hours
The company as a whole offers a wide range of departments and responsibilities. Communication is a challenge within the department and management doesnt demonstrate trasparency as well as they could. Most enjoyable is the education gained occurs on a daily basis, there is a lot to learn in health insurance. Hardest part is meeting the goals.
Great colleagues and work environment
Sr. Compensation Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2015
No job is ever 9-5. However, flexibility and accommodation exists.
I have acquired more in depth knowledge of the internal workings of Human resources and Compensation. I most enjoy the interactions I have with client groups and receiving new and different, preferably challenging projects.
Uncomfortable Environment with Departmental Consolidating
Underwriting Technology Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 8, 2014
The organizational structure has been changed drastically in the last few months. It did not have room for growth within the company and the management did not try to accommodate small requests from employees to help morale in the workplace.
Good company benefits, limited upward mobility
Senior Director, Enrollment and Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits like gym, etc
Cons: back to back meetings with no breaks
Typical day - Multiple overlapping meetings to address wide range of issues and topic.
What I've learned - Learned that leadership is flexible depending on situation and resources.
Management - Management is aggressively trying to transform the company.
My co-workers - Very team-spirited, collaborative attitude to get the work done.
The hardest part of the job - is to lay-off individuals due to re-organizational needs, and not due to performance issues.
The most enjoyable part of the job - relationships forged through working in challenging situations.
Great benefits
Direct Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLNovember 13, 2014
Pros: my license, benefits, co-workers
Cons: extremely strict
The typical day at work was good got along with all my managers and co-workers. The company offered great benefits.
Very friendly & professional place to work in.
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLNovember 10, 2014
A typical work day involves answering customer request & making sure customers get the help they need as well as connected to the correct department that is appropriate to their concern.

1 2 3 4

About EmblemHealth

EmblemHealth is set on being the mark of good health in the Northeast. The not-for-profit company provides health insurance¬†through¬†subsidiaries¬†Group – Read more