EmblemHealth Employee Reviews

jobs are being outsourced
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 16, 2017
While I was working there the biggest issue was being able to take time off. People were constantly being denied for time off requests. They have outsourced numerous jobs including mine, so nobody that is left feels secure.
Pros
Great Health insurance benefits
Cons
They outsourced our jobs
Productive, friendly, easy training and learning experience, slow advancements opportunities
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 10, 2017
I worked with EH for over 4 yrs. The training were excellent and often, since I knew nothing about the health care industry when I started I found that this was a plus. The support I received from the HELPLINE added to my growth as well as my zeal to learn as much on my own to excel in my job. Learning to navigate all the computer programs and systems in place helped tremendously. I learned all the Insurance products that was being offered by EH. This made it easy to service any call type, Embracing all the ongoing customer service quality program to increase a better customer experience was a plus.EH is a multiracial company, getting along with all the different cultures was easy. The hardest part of my job was helping other customer services reps that were very disrespectful,this was addressed by management in a timely manner as long as i reported it. There were a few managers that can count on ONE HAND ONLY in customer service that went above and beyond and did their job WELL. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that our member issues were resolved and that they were happy with the outcome. At the beginning of my employment with EH, there were great Christmas parties for the entire FL location as well as bonus.. sponsored breakfast and lunches, as time went this went away. My office location closed, however there are other locations in the USA.
Pros
GYM discount Monday - Friday work week, overtime when available; extra days off during Christmas & thanksgiving, option for 1/2 or hour lunches
Cons
one 15 mis break
great benefits love helping people
Customer Service- Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 9, 2017
I had an opportunity to learn and advance over the years .I went from customer service advocate to assisting with medicaid ,medicare ny state marketplace and also loved working with both members and providers.I had care management opportunity as well to authorize care for the patients .The hardest part was taking calls from people who just wanted to do things there way and not follow the policy .The best was guiding the patient thru the care they needed .
Pros
great people -benefits
Cons
union and leaving state
Productive but limited
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FL but main office in NYAugust 9, 2017
Job closed in April. Outsourced. I entered applications to be processed and proofread them. Answered inbound calls, took phone orders, answered prospect questions, qualified individuals and families for insurance, and gave complete information and breakdown on multiple health plans. Scanned BRC' s which is incoming mail certificates so that we may call on individuals interested in plans. Worked on multiple projects for member retention and member enrollment. Made outbound calls whenewhenever required.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Manager had picks, particularly his own race.
The work environment is friendly and professional. A good company to work for
Network Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
The work environment is fast paced with a professional atmosphere. Meeting deadlines and being a team player is a plus. Overall it is a good company to work for.
it was a nice to work .
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 2, 2017
nice place to work , get benefits, the coworkers were very nice person and helpful . we were laid off. I was a customer service specialist who spoke with member, providers about claims , benefits , eligibility related to their insurance plans.
Pros
get benefits. nice coworkers
Cons
laid off
It was an excellent place to work - rhe benefits were extensive and there was always additional training to keep employees abreast on new trends
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 31, 2017
it was a good company - the benefits were excellent - my manager was supportive There was always uptraining to keep employees knowledgeable There was constant communication from upper management
Best job I ever had
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYJuly 27, 2017
I loved this job 11 years with the company until they closed the doors in 2012. Everyone was like family it was a shame. Great work life and balance, great pay, advancement opportunities, raises, parties for Christmas and all holidays. Miss this place!!!
Pros
Everyone was like family
Cons
Emblemhealth cares about their bottom line.
Computer Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  441 ninth aveJuly 27, 2017
EmbleHeath laid off all of its union member staff over the past four years. They either did away with our positions or outsourced them to a company whose employees are overseas.
Pros
Used to be a good company to work for.
Cons
Layer off all (over 3, 000 union) employees.
Fun place to work & great work environment
Insurance Consultant/ Call Center (Former Employee) –  Spindale, NCJuly 25, 2017
Great environment relaxing & a unique learning experience. I learned allot about insurance rates & the real reason doctors make you wait so long in the waiting room. Reason being best insurance goes first.
Insurance companies are struggling
Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2017
Pros

*Pay scale is higher than most
*401K match to 6%
*Bonuses are excellent when market is good

*Diminishing benefits - but that is due to the industry. It still Is superior to most competition
*Most micro-managed company I have ever encountered
*Communication is really bad - really, really bad
Pros
*Pay scale is higher than most
Cons
*Most micro-managed company I have ever encountered
secure work environment
DRG Review Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2017
provided a stable work environment for several years with great benefits. there was much room for growth. working at this facility was great with much learning and fullfillment
Pros
graat company to work for
Cons
out sourced our jobs overseas
Very knowledgeable supervisora
Quality Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 21, 2017
Great place to work.. I worked the Hedis project and learned many new things there about the health care field while there. Definitely a place I would recommend
love working with EmblemHealth
Oracle Production Support Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
day at work good.
technology in the health field.
good management.
good communication and understanding.

great team work, good relationship among the staff.
awesome but lack of job security
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 13, 2017
This is probably one of the best companies I have ever worked for. My manager is great and his manager is just as great. The company culture from my perspective is relaxed and fair. If you are doing your job to the best of your abilities, you will be rewarded accordingly. The lack of job security is only because my job is part of a pilot program and after a year there is still a lot of uncertainty.
Pros
cool environment
Cons
job security
Great Environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2017
Emblem health was a fast-growing company and provided many opportunities for growth and development. The co-workers were extremely supportive as well as warm and welcoming.
Emblem Health
Medicare Enrollment Processor I & II (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 12, 2017
Emblem Health was a great company to work for, that provided great benefits to the employees and great co workers to work side by side on a daily basis.
I was EDI specialist on government program.
EDI Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2017
• Troubleshooting and facilitating the resolution of any identified data file transmission and transaction errors including verification that all communication links and interfaces are working correctly and communicating appropriately.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Short Break
Fun working place,
Medical Records Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 11, 2017
This was a temp job at Emblem Health , this was not a full time
position. I learned a lot about medical Records and the Hedis Project.
This was a seasonal job, so there was no benefits involved , I acquired this position through an Agency
see written review below
Customer Service Representative Senior (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 8, 2017
I have been with this Company thru 2 mergers now. We have as a group ,management and employee, always pulled together to get the job done. We have with full support of management , made any adjustments necessary to accommodate all changes that came about. There were many in the past 20 years on this job and in the health insurance field in general. The job is not not easy. You are required to be proficient in insurance plan information, claims payment information and Insurance law both at the state and local level. You also represent government program s who have their own precise set of regulations. Because of the nature of the job there is very little down time. The customer s needs must come first. This probably is the hardest part of the job to get used to. The most rewarding part of this job is you are actually in a position to help people.
Pros
free coffee health care short breaks
Cons
At present they are scaling back in this office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EmblemHealth. Our community is ready to answer.