EmblemHealth Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2016
Cool and easy going management.
Good place to learn and grow.
Nice team members, supportive and
helpful. Training for the process is one of the best part.
Great pay and career opportunity
Direct Marketing Representative/Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 28, 2016
great pay and opportunity. great career starter, but difficult to obtain a permanent position. Mostly seasonal. Good team to work with very flexible
Pros
great pay.
Cons
job security
EmblemHealth overall is a good company that is currently going through growth changes
Facility Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2016
On a daily basis I respond to emails from the various providers I managed including answering Grievance and Appeals placed in my queue from customer service, Review spreadsheets sent by the facilities of their underpaid trended issues.
Our team work well with each other providing collaboration and assistance when asked.
Although I have come far with learning the 3 different systems however, I still have some difficulties with certain functions and need to ask for assistance. This is where I find my team years of experience at EmblemHealth very valuable..
Pros
Days off like Chirstmas Eve and New Years Eve
Cons
Changes in the Healthcare plan and no bonuses or raises this year.
Overall Responsibilities
RN, CCM Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 23, 2015
Responsible for 18 staff members in various levels of employ. Assessed productivity and compliance daily. Scheduled and led meetings as well as attended corporate meetings.
Monitored and facilitated day to day operations of case management programs. Designed proficiencies and efficiencies. Promoted quality care of case management.
Created communications for case management programs and for gaps in care for member health.
Designed workflows and assessment templates for case management.
Responsible for the oversight of the vendors related to case management.
Learned team management, project management and enjoyed the professional work environment and co-workers as a whole.
Pros
I enjoyed the creativity associated with my responsibilities.
Cons
Downsized - half of my department was excessed. Middle management in company excessed.
Discriminating
S. Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2015
Daily routine is data manipulation. Resource/software are available to learn. Poor management style. Favoritism is rampant. Unequal opportunity for promotion. Few incompetent directors cause stressful work environment. Too many unproductive meetings.
Pros
Good overall PTO/benefits
Cons
Favoritism, Unequal growth opportunity, incompetent people put at leader position
Productive and offers a great experience
supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
EmblemHealth offers great opportunities and benefits. It can be challenging to complete tasks with short timeframes but you will learn a great amount working in the company.
benefits
Cons
currently facing hardship
Average experience
Marketing & Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2015
The typical 9-5 office job. Not a lot of challenging work, but I did get an exposure of HTML and basic coding functions. Co-workers were great, everyone was willing to help each other when it came to teaching a specific aspect of the business. Seminars were pretty good, as it gave an overview of the business and company's challenges/ventures in the coming future.
ITIL does not exist at Emblem Health.
IT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
No best practices, antiquated & EOL software, no quality control. No continuous improvement, management is content with the status quo.
Adaptation to new technology came agressively
Senior Sr. Quality Assurance Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  55 Water StreetNovember 12, 2015
Working in this company was challenging but rewarding. I worked with a great team who were productive and completed assignments. Through out my years at Emblem I was able to observe how fast technology was changing and how paper transactions were replaced by the electronic version.
I wore different hats through out my years at this company. I learned something new everyday and was able to remain focus on my daily tasks.
1199seiu Expired Contract
Sr. Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  441 9ave New York,NYNovember 7, 2015
Emblem Health(HIP of New York and GHI) under one company. A total mess. Every other month another department is layed-off. This week at 441 9ave 3rd floor & 4th floor giving 3 months notice. We have good employees. If you're not part of the Country Club forget about it, pack your bags and leave. Union workers are being forced to quit or join the Country Club to work long hours with no pay. Let's see if Emblem Health will renew 1199seiu contract, expired in September 2015. Human resources department very disrespectful and unprofessional to Union workers. Members are confused about what benefits they have since the merger. Management and Supervisors are Lost, Directors are paid in full, and work twice a week. Can't say much about the New CEO she's new; rumors are she played a part of the recent lay-offs this week. Can't say it's true. The atmosphere was dull in the office this week, although the weather was great.
Pros
1199 Union Benefits, vacation, personal days, tuition reimbursment, pension, child care etc
Cons
No room for advancement for union workers, harrasment, division, irate members, providers and stress
Lots of redtape
manager (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 3, 2015
Typical mid size company. Nothing noteworthy to mention. Worked with some great people and some not so great. But the noteworthy ones made the difference.
Customer focused enviroment
Quality Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 2, 2015
A diverse community of professional individuals dictated to ensuring accurate information is provided in a consistent timely fashion to all internal departments and to our customers and providers.
When you hear " This phone call maybe monitored..." I was one of the monitors. I enjoyed being able to identify and recommend improvements, educate and emphasize and support my constituents in all applications of delivering quality service externally and internally. Testing new technologies and applications.
Interesting place to work.
Senior Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2015
Interesting place to work you can make true lasting friendships. As stated the most enjoyable part of the job is working along side a good team of people.
Great place to work as a recent Grad, gain experience to update resume and move on after 1- 2 years.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
The hardest part of the job is the infrequent changes in Management/ nepotism/ lack in skill set/ experience in the position. Ongoing companywide layoffs is counterproductive to tagline "what care feels like". Company wide low morale not conducive for job work life balance.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working in the community, volunteering at events, representing the company to our subscribers.
Pros
Provider Networks, Neighbborhood Care Staff
Cons
Poor Job work life balance
No Accountability for Management
Provider Communications (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2015
Terrible Benefits. Long Hours. No Bonus. Leadership can harass employees with no repercussion.

Any employee over a certain age was terminated with no notice and their benefits stolen away by greedy management.

Do not work here.
Pros
None.
Cons
Benefits gone. No advancement. Country club leadership.
Day at work
Grievance and Appeals Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2015
This is a fairly new department in the NY office which started in May 2013. It is a learning experience every day as no case is identical. Management along with co-workers do our best to satisfy our members and providers with their concerns as they are our main focus. It is comforting to know that help is available from management and co-workers.
Pros
Pleasant atmostphere
Cons
Intense work hours
Productive, Motivational and fun.
CTI Engineer/Genesys Developer (Current Employee) –  New York CityOctober 8, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not at all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of redtape and politics, but this expected of a big company.
Great work enviornment
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2015
Great work environment, management is great. Lots of technologies used in the company. Co-workers are friendly. Managements are flexible and very understanding.
Pros
lots of technologies
Cons
slow process
Fun work place
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management but very political.
The company offers a lot of room for growth and skill improvement.
Pros
Easy commute
Cons
Political
Great work environment with knowledgeable colleague.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2015
Great work environment with knowledgeable colleague. During the course of 15 working for EmblemHealth I was given the opportunity to develop my technical skills.
Pros
Reimbursement for taking technical classes