EmblemHealth

EmblemHealth Employer Reviews

Great company, terrible Management
Provider Advocate (Former Employee), Melville, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
The only thing good about this company are their benefits. They start right away and you have a choice of numerous plans. The work was easy, and if management knew what they were doing, it would be heaven. However, if you think you're allowed to have a personal life while working here, think again. You are never allowed off, they hand a paper out every 3 months to request days but people who have been there for a million years, get them first and you're left with a Wednesday off because that is all that is left. Don't do it.
Work environment was fun and entertaining
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Typical work day involved sitting at the computer handling incoming phone calls from members, pharmacies, and providers. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Management was both helpful and unhelpful depending on the situation. What I learned working there was to have more patience and empathy regarding the members and there issues, as well as being more comfortable in speaking to people.
Job had to be done.
EDI Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: much learning opportunities are afforded.
Cons: too much politics and abuse of power.
My early years with HIP I enjoyed coming to work, my coworkers and I loved my job; learning new skills, ideas and approaches. After the merge of Emblemhealth with GHI the culture changed drastically
Challenging environment with potential for success
Senior Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Melville, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: pto, health insurance benefits
Cons: long hours
The company as a whole offers a wide range of departments and responsibilities. Communication is a challenge within the department and management doesnt demonstrate trasparency as well as they could. Most enjoyable is the education gained occurs on a daily basis, there is a lot to learn in health insurance. Hardest part is meeting the goals.
Great colleagues and work environment
Sr. Compensation Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2015
No job is ever 9-5. However, flexibility and accommodation exists.
I have acquired more in depth knowledge of the internal workings of Human resources and Compensation. I most enjoy the interactions I have with client groups and receiving new and different, preferably challenging projects.
Uncomfortable Environment with Departmental Consolidating
Underwriting Technology Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 8, 2014
The organizational structure has been changed drastically in the last few months. It did not have room for growth within the company and the management did not try to accommodate small requests from employees to help morale in the workplace.
Good company benefits, limited upward mobility
Senior Director, Enrollment and Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits like gym, etc
Cons: back to back meetings with no breaks
Typical day - Multiple overlapping meetings to address wide range of issues and topic.
What I've learned - Learned that leadership is flexible depending on situation and resources.
Management - Management is aggressively trying to transform the company.
My co-workers - Very team-spirited, collaborative attitude to get the work done.
The hardest part of the job - is to lay-off individuals due to re-organizational needs, and not due to performance issues.
The most enjoyable part of the job - relationships forged through working in challenging situations.
Great benefits
Direct Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLNovember 13, 2014
Pros: my license, benefits, co-workers
Cons: extremely strict
The typical day at work was good got along with all my managers and co-workers. The company offered great benefits.
Very friendly & professional place to work in.
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLNovember 10, 2014
A typical work day involves answering customer request & making sure customers get the help they need as well as connected to the correct department that is appropriate to their concern.
Difficult to keep up with the constant changes
Care Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 6, 2014
Working at Emblem was not what I expected. There were changes made almost everyday in my department which also made it hard to keep up with what was required. My coworkers were the most helpful in seeing that day to day tasks were completed as a team. Management changed often and typically didn't get involved in hands on issues which would also cause a strain. The hardest part of the job was keeping a positive outlook with such a high turn over rate. The most enjoyable part was the support from coworkers as well as the birthday monthly gatherings.
Fun, love work place
Care Spea (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYSeptember 17, 2014
I enjoy working for a company that provides a loving, fun work place
Productive Family Oriented
CHPlus Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: lay off
After working for EmblemHealth for 7 years we became family. Concerned about each others goals and future.
Constant training to maintain your current skills and acquire additional ones.
Not a fun place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), NYAugust 19, 2014
The work is not exciting nor is it challenging. The work environment is not somewhere you want to be.
EmblemHealth
Hospital Administrator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 8, 2014
A typical day at work involves lots of contact with our providers.

Much research/review is completed each day to ensure that our provider issues are addressed.
Great working environment
Data Analyst for VP of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2014
Learned a great deal, management encourages you to grow and continue to learn.
consultant to employee
SENIOR PROJECT SPECIALIST/MANAGER (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 24, 2014
Cons: all
Long commute and not very thankful for your time at the end of the day.
healthcare insurance
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2014
Pros: great environment overall
Working in a office setting for medical insurance I was faced by many challenges plus I was involved in a lot of customer service, I worked under great management and was able to work under great conditions. the most enjoyable part of this position was i was able to help others in ways that was highly appreciated.
Relationship Manager
Senior Group Practice Specialist (Current Employee), New YorkJune 12, 2014
Oversaw the daily activity within the medical groups as the relationship manager.
Good employees health & wellness approaches
Grievance & Appeals Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2014
Pros: good employees health & wellness approaches, fitness center
Cons: unpaid forced overtime.
However overall the average companies compensation and work structure is very low and poor. Too much pressure and stress. The volume of work is tremendously high and abusive work hours. Unpaid forced overtime.
Innovative and challenging environment with great growth potential
Community and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 26, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement
Cons: tuition reimbursement cap
A typical day at work consists of meetings, event activation planning, project initiation and follow up. As an employee of 12 years, I have learned many aspects of the company from Case Management to Philanthropy to, and most recent, Brand and Community Marketing. Overall, management is fair and often encourages employees to challenge the status quo and increase job performance by enrolling in complimentary educational courses. I am pleased to work with a dynamic group of individuals that are innovative and productive. The most enjoyable part of my job is the difference we make in the lives of people and in the communities where they live and work.

1 2 3

About EmblemHealth

EmblemHealth is set on being the mark of good health in the Northeast. The not-for-profit company provides health insurance¬†through¬†subsidiaries¬†Group – Read more