EmblemHealth Employee Reviews

Friendly environment with great benefits
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 1, 2017
The supervisors were friendly and wanted to help you be as productive as you can. They instructed but they also listened - if you are right they will back you up.
Pros
Break room had healthy choices, worked 7.5 hrs/day
Cons
Scheduled sick days
team playing environment
Provider Review claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2017
it was a pleasure to working with my coworkers who cared about the business and emphasized on team work. they would retrain if the job needs increased.
Pros
flexible manager
Growth is difficult
Staff Assistant I (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
Disconnect between Senior Management and staff.
No room for growth and lack of communication within the company.
Appreciation not shown for the work and loyalty to the company.
Benefits
Cons
Communication
a good place to work if you are not concerned with job security
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 21, 2017
Emblemhealth was a great place to work - however job security is non-existent. The usual vacation and 401k is offered - Most positions are unionized which makes it difficult to be promoted.
Pros
affordable health insurance
Cons
job security
Great Place To Work
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 20, 2017
I Loved My Job! I Value The Vision, The Mission & Core Values!
Always Room For Growth. Great Salary & Staff. Incentives & Appreciation. Management is Knowledgeable and Friendly. Easy Access to Training Tools Required for Quality Standards.
Pros
Great Benefits! Pension!
Work Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10001April 18, 2017
Gained alot of work ethics over the 25 years employed in a professional environment. Very good work environment and would recommend the insurance to any customer.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Job Security
Good
Complex Case Manager (Current Employee) –  NYCApril 18, 2017
Company has been great to work for with good pay and excellent benefits. Paid time off was very generous. Good benefits overall. Large company with many areas.
benefits
Cons
no advancement
Micro-Management
Direct Tele-Sales Telemarketing (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FL and NYApril 17, 2017
Micro-Management, low base pay, commission schedule base on third management reviews. CEO base on New York and did not care about employees in Florida.
Cons
Micro-Management
EmblemHealth was like family to me since I grew relationship with ex-coworkers. Team players were wonderful.
Senior Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2017
Productive, room for growth, fun workplace, Health fitness Center exclusively for employees only and total benefits given. Paid time off to include vacation.
Pros
hour lunch, dress code to include dress down on Friday.s. discounted gym.
Cons
If 5 minutes late could effect attendance and salary. Union jobs are lacked.
Productive strong on going company thriving & building threwout the East Coast & world wide.
Insurance Consultant/ Call Center (Former Employee) –  Spindale, NCApril 10, 2017
Hard working company,with high passion in rebuilding the community threw healthy living. They have served New York city & surrounding area for nearly a century. Not only that they are nation wide & still advancing accross the nation.
Productive and fun place to work with lots of benefits
Corporate Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 1, 2017
I looked forward to my workday due to the friendliness of my co-workers. The atmosphere was conducive to getting my work done - management was cooperative and looked for ways to improve working conditions. The company had employee weeks when we had fun and games. The hardest part of the job was not being able to control the delivery of certain items that were needed urgently. But, I enjoyed working with my internal customers, helping them to resolve issues that arose.
Pros
Excellent heathcare program
Cons
Department was in a different city from main company building
Draining atmosphere
Case Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2017
Used to be a great place to work, but high turnover of employees. Presently shifting work to overseas cohorts. No job security, low morale. Training your replacements. The financial forecast is dim for this company and people are jumping ship or getting laid off in huge numbers.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No job security
I enjoyed working for Emblemhealth
Sr. Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2017
The atmosphere was great. We worked as a family. Many of us had been there for over 10 years.
I would have considered reapplying to this company if they wouldn't have relocated to 55 Water St.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance
Cons
Outsourcing and management didnt know their resp.
Great Company
Customer Information Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
I would take calls from medicare clients and help resolve their medicare issues. The management team worked with you co workers were friendly. The customers would talk about themselves before getting to issue.
Pros
close to all trains
Cons
short breaks
I worked for EmblemHealth for 17 years and my experience with the company is beyond measure, I will certingly miss working for the company.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 21, 2017
A typical day at work would be to assist each and every member with whatever issue or challenges that day brings
I learned to treat every one with respect regards of how challenging a situation might be, by understanding that it is never personal, they are crying out for help.

Management is very supportive at all time.

We are a beautiful diverse group of people of all ages, we work well together and learned from each other at all times.

The hardest part of my job is to listing to dis-satisfied member complaint of inadequate care or of something I am not capable of resolving, e.g. their doctor is not accepting their insurance.

the most gratifying part of my job is going above and beyond my call of duty to ensure that my member issue is resolve and member is satisfied.
not bad
Direct Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 11, 2017
company is being outsourced to india, bad move, ceo will destroy the company, they will lose NY City contracts soon, stars for medicare are going down
Company is Closing
Senior Claims Examiner / SAWS Dept (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 7, 2017
The only reason why I am leaving the company is because; the company sold to off shores and they are closing. I have been working with Emblem for 18 years.
Pros
Benefits and Great Pay
Cons
healthcare, Short Breaks, Flexible Hours
Productive service of Medicare
Customer Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 7, 2017
Awesome company to work for. Full benefits and excellent income!
The learning process between coordination of benefits and recovery was transitioned smoothly.
Pros
Earning of dress downs days
Great work place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 7, 2017
I loved working for emblem health.. I enjoyed the time I spent working at there.. If the opportunity presents itself again I will join that team again..
Excellent company to work for
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2017
I had hoped to retire from this company, I enjoyed working here for nine years, but my whole department was outsourced to a company in India called Cognizant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EmblemHealth. Our community is ready to answer.