EmblemHealth Employee Reviews

good breaks and lunches hours
Senior Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 20, 2017
good workplace serious about providing great customer experiences employer observes employees appreciation day provide free lunches, raffles, and giveaways
Pros
incentive for working overtime
Cons
no grace period for lateness
none productive
Medical Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. The management is very bad.If you want to grow and further your career, this is not the company
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Very hard to move up in the company
Excellent comapny
Customer Service Advocate III (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 14, 2017
Working here was the best 8 years of my life. The company was a family oriented environment. There was always an open door policy. I would refer many people to work for Emblem Health because it is a great company to work for.
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2017
Emblem is undergoing major changes and this transformation will take some time before employees feel more stable. At the present, most company departments are going through significant changes.
Pros
Wages, benefits, work schedule
Cons
Company is undergoing significant changes.
Comfortable work environment proper training
Customer Service Advocate II (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 12, 2017
I have been with the company for almost 10 years - Was my best job - I wanted to continue working for Emblemhealth until retirement - But our department is being outsourced
Fabulus working place
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2017
Great place to work, team are helpful, everybody courtious, great manager, big auditorium, as a whole very nice company to work, project release day is most fun
Pros
Ping pong is great
Cons
1 hour break
Good place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2017
Emblem has a nice work/life balance, the salary was competitive, nice co-workers and had a union which is rare in this day and age. There were avenues of advancement open to people as well
Pros
union
Life in the workplace
GRIEVANCE & APPEALS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 29, 2017
Working at EmblemHealth is fast pace, yet fun. It allow you to interact with people of all nationalities and backgrounds. It allows you to challenge yourself to succeed in all assignments given. But the most enjoyable part is working with a group of individuals that share similar interests and goals.
fun work envirionment, management is a family orientated
Medical Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYMay 28, 2017
morning meeting on any changes and what to do if there was a problem with a certain code that wouldn't go through even though it was an approved benefit. I've learned how to read medical billing codes without looking up each one, hardest part of the job was learning the codes and working with a different part of NY that I was very unfamiliar with, I enjoyed being able to solve a problem that was handed to me when others couldn't figure it out. I enjoy finding solutions.
Pros
family picnics, discounted insurance, different themed weeks
Cons
does not hire often
unorganized, department
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
Department with no policy or procedure, constant management turnover. Leadership battles. Disrespectful directors. Not stable department that eventually closed.
Pros
nice office
Cons
not secure
great work place
Program Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 15, 2017
wonderful company I have been there 15 years. great managers and good leadership incentives.. gat hours good evaluations great education webinar. reimbursement needs improvement.
Pros
education lunch and learn
Cons
extra projects
Productive place to work, very friendly environmental personnel
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 11, 2017
I enjoyed very much working for Emblem Health, I dedicated 18 years of my life working in a company. Very understanding management. Management will treat you like adults.
Pros
Very friendly co-workers
Cons
Only one break.
Positive Work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 11, 2017
Great benefits and work environment a lot training and development. New skills task and learning opportunity. The most enjoyable part of the job was servicing the customers.
Was a great place to work at but due to new management there is a lot of uncertainty.
Social Work Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2017
Enjoyed my job, benefits were great and great people to work with but lots of restructuring and there is no work security. There is a lot of unknown and new management.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
no job secruity
Unstable company
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2017
This company is extremely unstable. Every month they do lay offs and it makes no sense what so ever. So if you are with a stable company apply elsewhere. They are also the parent company to advantage care physicians so don't apply there either.
Pros
Great salary but they can't afford it after a few months which result the layoffs
Cons
The entire company is a con
excellent Workplace
Business Analyst / UAT Tester (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 9, 2017
• Excellent experience in developing and executing Test Procedures, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Plans, performing Functional Testing, Compatibility Testing, Usability Testing, Stress Testing, UAT.
Slow Sinking Ship
Senior Sourcing and Vendor Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2017
Years of mismanagement has the company in difficulty and was in the midst of reorganization and scattering to stop the hemorrhaging. I believe they are trying to find a suitor to buy them out.
Pros
easy slow paced work atmosphere
Cons
complacency and lack of motivation cascade
Great place to work.
System Analysis/Programmer - Document Science (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2017
offers open opinions, room to grow. does a lot of community work and sponsorship. happy place to work, less stressful and an open door policy to the workers.
Pros
offers opportunity
Cons
salary upgrate limited to 10%
Decent work environment but could've been better
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 1, 2017
Working with this company was okay but I was a temporary employee through an agency and I wade the best of my time there. The company ended up getting sold.
Friendly environment with great benefits
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 1, 2017
The supervisors were friendly and wanted to help you be as productive as you can. They instructed but they also listened - if you are right they will back you up.
Pros
Break room had healthy choices, worked 7.5 hrs/day
Cons
Scheduled sick days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EmblemHealth. Our community is ready to answer.