EmbroidMe Employee Reviews in United States

Fun work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  N Dartmouth, MAOctober 24, 2015
Embroidery, garment printing, and I worked with photo shop. I learned how to run the company. I also did customer service, answered the phone, did all production. I was supposed to take over the company but it was a franchise, and went under. Management was the best, I still keep in touch with him. I worked alone. Teaching myself Photoshop, and getting all items done ontime with ansering the phones and all other orders. Seeing people smile and enjoy the items that I have created.
Pros
Chance to own my own business
Cons
working alone
Very fun but still getting work done
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 21, 2016
i liked to work here because i am able to be independent and learn new things and there are always new fun customers who come in and i love helping them.
Pros
hours
benefits
Relaxed Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAApril 29, 2016
Interning for EmbroidMe was a pleasant experience. The owner gave clear instructions and help whenever needed. Gave great feedback and knowledge about the industry.
Great place to start
Sales / Creative Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2015
Best Job culture I've been around. Being able to have creative control allowed the goals to be completed. Great quality of work gets done here. I learned how much quality is important to run a business.
Fun work place, few advancement opportunities
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  New HampshireSeptember 14, 2015
Fun place to work if you are interested in the industry, however there are few opportunities for advancement as each franchise usually has only 2-4 employees. All details depend on the individual owner of each location.
Premier Promos!
Production Manager, Embroidery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Catonsvillle, MDJuly 13, 2015
A typical day at EmbroidMe consisted of a morning meeting to discuss all production to be completed, designing and proofing logos to be embroidered, completing any and all embroidery determined to be completed that day, and a family style luncheon.

The owners are wonderful, kind, and quirky! They value their employees as highly as they do their customers.

The staff are all easy going and have been working for the company for years.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, low pressure environment
Small Start Up
President of Sales (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 6, 2015
Co-workers were great to work with. My typical day is to go out and about to acquire new business and also attend trade shows, make cold calls and follow up with clients.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No benefits & no car allowance
Productive work environment
Outside Sales & Production (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, ARMarch 9, 2015
I do outside sales in the morning and return to input orders. I do design work for logos in afternoon. Love my co-workers and our work environment, just wish for a boss that pushes me a little more or gives incentives to make more sales for us.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
lack of management and pay
Excellent working conditions
Part Owner (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 13, 2015
Fun place to work. Happy customers and employees. Very flexible working hours and good benefits. Family owned atmosphere. Very clean and safe place to work.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
I owned the franchise but had a lot of down time with equipment
Owner (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXJune 30, 2015
The equipment required to do the jobs failed on a regular basis. This required me to wait on a service person to resolve the problems. The problems recurred on a regular basis. Good training for new franchise owners. Sold the company due to the economy.
Pros
Owner
Cons
Expect to spend much of your own time on the job
Fast paced competitive market
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 11, 2013
In a market with many small, medium and national competitors for customers to choose from, we established our market through relationship building. In person sales and service, supported with e-commerce. We continue to build our market niche by delivering garments and promotional products as committed-on time with exceptional quality. As a locally owned franchise we have access to an immense selection of products for every type of commercial, industrial, educational or personal need.
Fun and very productive
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 15, 2012
work never stops always marketing the business
the largest take away for me would be you can never saticfy the need of customers
this was a two man operation
worked well with co-worker
the hardest part of the job as closing the deal fast enough to make a bi-monthly salary
at the end of the day the best part of the job is being able to see your work out in the world and possibly helping other businesses promote their company.
Pros
freedom to work own hours
Cons
no healthcare
Easiest job on earth
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHMay 30, 2013
I've enjoyed my time at EmbroidMe aside from the fact that there is no way to make real money working for the company. Where I worked I would have to sell more product than the current yearly store revenue to make a salary of $40k+.
Pros
easy, fun, hands on, customer service oriented
Cons
terrible compensation
Fun, fast flowing energy that flows in from New York City's
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 6, 2014
Opening store and non stop walk in traffic, telephone and e-mail's looking for order fulfillment of Fashionable or Corporate wear embroidery.
An extremely enjoyable place to work, co workers are the best of the best!
Getting the details for each ever changing orders; over 10 different details per order!
When the client comes back to pickup the order and they see that we created there vision exactly the way they wanted it is the most rewarding part of the day, when they come back, which is normal for our quality of service and capabilities, to order more product we all know that we've done our job as a team.
Pros
lunch with each other, together on weekends for fun games and trivia
Cons
extremely fast pace
Interesting and professional work place.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  BurbankNovember 9, 2012
I usually started off with typing information in the computer for my supervisor, which I love anything to do with office work. I also learned how to do screen printing, and work with clothing. My supervisor was very professional, friendly and helpful and explained everything I needed to do. My challenge was getting all the papers to fit in the file folders because there was so many they practically all couldn't fit, but I smiled and said I can do this and with no problem I accomplished this. Overall the job was fun I learned new things and was a great work environment.
Pros
supervisor always greeted me with a smile and friendly attitude.
Cons
my short time working due to seasonal.
customer service representative
Customer sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 10, 2015
Place order of customer item for them to be embroider, screen print, garment print etc. Once when orders are done i call customers to let them know their item is ready for pick or i will deliver it
Pros
New experience
Cons
need a dollar more
Great retail experience with hands-on approach with customers.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Shorewood, ILDecember 18, 2014
This job offered great experience in working with customers. My typical day at work included filing paperwork, calling customers to inform them of their order status, advertising with flyers, and helping customers when they came in, etc. My coworkers were friendly and approachable.
Productive and fun place to work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 9, 2012
I liked this job because of the creativity and hands-on work
Pros
the boss was great
Cons
low salary
Fun Position
Project Manager/Graphic Design/Brand Strategist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2014
Direct and manage project development from beginning to End. Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals. Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, and requirements.
Build and grow business relationships with vendors and clients.
Pros
get to be creative
Cons
no break
Wonderful place to work
production person (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYNovember 10, 2014
Loved working there. Got recognition very fast and moved up in rank within 3 months. I left due to matunity leave. Became stayed at home mom as I had my children very close. Company went out of business after a couple of years but overall I loved working there.

2.8