Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Employee Reviews in United States

Management is great
Aviation Safety Program Assistant (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZJune 8, 2016
Great place to work for. management is good. everyone helps you at work. seniority is first but management teach you a lot and you can learn a lot from this environment.
Excellent Team to Work With!
Assistant Campus Director (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJune 3, 2016
Working at Embry-Riddle means being a part of a team that promotes education while inspiring its employees to strive for more. The management is terrific, but I love interacting with students on a daily basis to promote the university and help students further their education.
Loved Researching
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 16, 2016
I really enjoyed doing research at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. I did not enjoy going to the university itself, but I did enjoy working there.
Autonomy
Faculty & Faculty Chair (Administrator) (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi Naval Air station, TXApril 23, 2016
Serving as English Faculty and Faculty Chair, I was given everything needed to be successful. The local administration may not have favored my compensation plan.
The Harvard of the Sky
Student (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 27, 2016
The best aviation school in the world. I was also a student with Embry Riddle while on active duty in the united states military. I was able to continue my studies while serving overseas in Japan, Kuwait and Sicily.
Adjunct Professor
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 23, 2016
• Lead and train bachelors and graduate students for the College of Business in the principles of Leadership, Marketing Management, Organizational Behavior, and Operations Management applied in real-world settings.
• Use current technology, multiple adult learning theories, to facilitate students' entrance into the workforce or enhance opportunities for advancement in management positions.
• Facilitate class discussions, develop course curriculum instructional design, evaluate and assess achievement.
Good workplace with a lot of flexibility and responsibility.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Part time employees were treated at par with full time employees. Work schedule was suited according to availability, good place to work for a longer term.
Productive experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 23, 2016
Learnt materials Testing. Student Friendly atmosphere. Good Aerospace Engineering program. Improved on programming skills. Gained teaching experience as a Lab Faculty.
Great Place to work
Veterans Administration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day of work is being available to help veterans with the required needs to further their educational goals. I learned that no matter what background you come from it feels good to help someone.
Pros
Work makes the time fly by
A good working relationship
Director of Academic Support (Former Employee) –  China Lake, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Brought the school from 8 students when I began to over 200. In the beginning I was working only 2 hours per day 5 days a week. In the end I was full time with a full time assistant.

Made up the schedule of classes, qualified the instructors and hired them after they qualified.
Pros
1 free class per semester for total of 4 classes
Young enthusiastic worker willing to learn.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2016
Responsible for creating a daily roster of all employees on schedule duties for the current shift, coordinate all breaks times.
Pros
free lunch, paid ten minutes breaks
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work with dedicated employees
Admin. Asst. Int. & Graduate Admissions (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FloridaDecember 2, 2015
I enjoyed working at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.The management was fair and you had opportunities for advancement. you have the opportunity to work at the Daytona Beach Campus or the Worldwide campus.
Work Environment
ASSOCIATE CAMPUS DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 16, 2015
Great place to work..Great benefits but not good pay or chance for advancement unless willing to move. Most people enjoy working at the university and have stayed for over 5 years. the
Futuristic place to work. Extremely bright students.
Admin Assistant and Special Events Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZOctober 7, 2015
I was hired work as the Exec Assistant to the Dean of Academics which transitioned into also supporting the Chancellor and the CFO. Busy office. I worked on orientation, move in day with all the freshman, and was a sorority advisor for the only sorority on campus. A few years later I was asked to plan, organize and execute the Fall and Spring Graduation Commencement Programs.

My co-workers were all team players. The hardest part of this position was working on the graduation programs and checking for accuracy and completion. I facilitated all the graduation meetings.
Pros
Every facet was a pro; co-workers, students, the campus, helping the students achieve their goals
Cons
In my opinion, there were no cons.
typical day at work
Grader (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 2, 2015
Marking Papers and uploading results on the system. Proctoring for exams and having office hours for students who have any questions
One of the best places to work
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 21, 2015
I loved working fro ERAU. I am one of many alumni. They are supportive, they are respectful and the university is really top notch with instructors and the class of students one could have.
Pros
Work with you to accomplish your goals
Cons
Can't think of any
Productive and fun workplace
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 22, 2015
Great place to work. Family-friendly. Google-esque atmosphere in some of the departments. A typical day includes lunch meetings, great co-workers and an open atmosphere.
Pros
4-Day Work Week during summer, Two weeks off during Christmas...etc
Cons
nothing i can think of
Student Employee
Student Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJune 2, 2015
Everyone is really friendly and helpful. The focus on aviation really brings out the best in everyone. Its expensive to attend but totally worth the cost.
Excellent classroom work environment
Spy Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 13, 2015
Aided in classroom preparation, and presentation of materials to undergraduate students. Also graded and proctored tests and exams. Worked alongside doctors and professors to improve classroom efficiency.
Excellent work enviornment
Assistant Campus Director (Current Employee) –  Laughlin AFB, Del Rio, TXMay 5, 2015
A typical day consist of all matters pertaining to campus functions and students. In this position I learn to be a jack of all trades. The leadership/management was amazing and the environment extend beyond work and was that of a family. The most difficult aspect of the job was managing the work load with the limited work hours authorized for the position. However, this was not a significant obstacle. Ultimately, I found all aspects of the job incredibly enjoyable and feel blessed to of had such an amazing opportunity and experience.
Pros
Benefits, hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5