Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Employee Reviews

Excellent work enviornment
Assistant Campus Director (Current Employee), Laughlin AFB, Del Rio, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Benefits, hours
A typical day consist of all matters pertaining to campus functions and students. In this position I learn to be a jack of all trades. The leadership/management was amazing and the environment extend beyond work and was that of a family. The most difficult aspect of the job was managing the work load with the limited work hours authorized for the position. However, this was not a significant obstacle. Ultimately, I found all aspects of the job incredibly enjoyable and feel blessed to of had such an amazing opportunity and experience.
Student Assistant- Attending the front desk (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 1, 2015
I really eenjoy working here. It is a great place to work at. I really enjoy helping people and this allows me to do so at my best capacity.
Review of Embry-Riddle
Certified Sports Medicine Intern (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Little pay
This internship provided me with valuable experience I would later go on to utilize in my day-to-day responsibilities at Grand Valley State University. I felt like this job/ internship paved the way for an opportunity at GVSU and gave me the required skills.
fantastic school
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLApril 2, 2015
Nothing but good to say about this place. always making sure students are in the right area of expertise. always was kind and very understanding
Unique Experience
Multimedia Student Technician (Current Employee), Prescott, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: work with professionals, networking, friendships, flexible schedule
Cons: stressful at times, equipment problems from time to time
Being a student and part-time worker or 'Multimedia Student Technician' is an interesting position to be in. Instead of seeing events and being a part of it, you get to go behind the scenes, set the event up, meet amazing people. We worked with comedians, magicians, musicians/bands/, speakers, and many other people. The hardest part of the job is knowing which equipment is necessary for an event and making sure none of the equipment you are using goes wrong. Overall, it has been fun working as a 'Student Tech' for Embry-Riddle.
The best university for your aviation future!
Flight Line Safety Assistant (Current Employee), Prescott, AZFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: networking, and bringing about the best in the aviation industry
Cons: expensive education
Spent three glorious years here, and I will never regret the decision to be a part of the Riddle family. Great atmosphere, infrastructure, faculty-student ratios, and networking.
Teaching Assistant and Student Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 27, 2015
• Assist Professor with classroom instruction, exams, record keeping and projects and help to develop course plans.
• Correspond with students on Blackboard, provide hand out assignments and grade papers.
• Continually monitor the physical condition of five residence facilities and its furnishings with regard to general upkeep and maintenance needs.
• Complete service orders with issues needed to accomplish tasks including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, locks, etc. and also develop, implement and maintain an inventory of all materials used in housing maintenance
Graduate Assistant, Business Analysis Department (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLNovember 24, 2014
Good pay, great coworkers, and normal business hours with no overtime required.
Enjoyed my experience here
Marketing (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLNovember 9, 2014
Worked in a variety of departments for a number of years. Great people, great culture where people are proud to come to work each day. Lots of opportunities for advancement.
Great University
Air Traffic Control Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLOctober 23, 2014
I am extremely excited to pursue an aviation career with my degree from Embry-Riddle
Wonderful school for both education and work experience.
Student - Aircraft Mechanic - Avionics (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great staff and school culture
Cons: very expensive, but worth every penny.
Stayed enrolled in classes all year long (Spring Summer & Fall semesters). Although very challenging this helps better prepare student for their future in the workforce where pressure is constant and performance is necessary.
A good way to get through grad school.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLOctober 5, 2014
Pros: gets me through grad school.
Cons: long nights at times grading and correcting.
Going to school, meeting fresh minds, and trying to share my knowledge with them and also train them to become proper engineers in the future.
Excellent University with Strong Values
Associate Dean of Academic Support (Former Employee), Oak Harbor, WashingtonAugust 20, 2014
Pros: strong values
Overall an excellent institution to work for. Certainly one that sees the need to adapt to the changes in technology, and it is not afraid to do so.

Found my fellow coworkers intelligent and easy to work with.

The position itself was rewarding, and I had many opportunities to help students make it through the program and become successful after they moved on.
Great mentorship
Assistant Campus Director (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 13, 2014
The team there was amazing. If there had not been a merger, I would have loved to have stayed on there for the duration.
Loved it.
Tutor in Aircraft Performance Lab (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 24, 2014
Worked several hours every other day alongside a professor, grading papers and leading labs directed towards teaching students about Aircraft Performance.
Great working environment, enjoyed working with the faculty and staff and enjoyed assisting the students.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), PrescottJune 4, 2014
Pros: great leadership, employees, job dutes, students, faculty, and staff were amazing, and benefits were a plus.
Every day was different from the next, but enjoyed all aspects of assisting the Chancellor, Executive Assistant to the Chancellor, faculty, staff, and students. I enjoyed planning and following through of the campus events that was hosted by the Chancellor's office. I worked well with all employees from other departments at the Prescott Campus as well as from the Daytona Beach Campus. Answering the phones, assisting walk-ins, and correspondences were daily duties of mine.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Study Abroad Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach , FLMay 30, 2014
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an amazing to place to work and study. The faculty are generally nice and willing to help.
Great Work Experience
Campus Director (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 29, 2014
Pros: personal leave
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Embry-Riddle. As a Campus Director for the Worldwide Campus, I was given a lot of autonomy as long as I kept my enrollments high.

The best part of the job was working with soldiers and veterans to complete their education.

There wasn't a lot of advancement opportunity unless you are willing to move to Daytona Beach, FL or Prescott, AZ, but overall, I would definitely recommend ERAU.
Great Learning Environment for Job Experience and Education
Broadcast Meteorologist/Graphics Coordinator (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FloridaMarch 26, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and great hospitality
Cons: the number of employees occasionally outweigh the workload
A typical day of working for Embry-Riddle's Weather Media Studio included preparing graphics for others to broadcast across campus, as well as a seperate broadcast for Portland, Maine. Occasionally, the graphic designers will also get to share camera time. The formation of a reliable forecast to share with the public is an important step before broadcasting, as well as managing the chaos inside the studio.
Top of the Line
Research Experience (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 10, 2014
Great place to get a great aeronautics degree. Everyone is well respected and takes part in the education of future engineers.

1 2 3