Embry-Riddle Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Beware of the Flight Training Manager position
Flight Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 29, 2016
There is a reason this position is open...two Flight Training Managers moved on to other jobs inside of 3 months. The workload is grossly understated in the advertisement and HR / Chief Flight Instructor were unwilling to negotiate a salary any higher than $46k.

For that $46k/yr you will be responsible for the daily actions of 20-23 CFI's each with 6-8 students...you can do the math (was actually assigned 196 students upon leaving). 99% of the flight instructors working there are recent graduates, meaning they have zero experience or perspective of any other kind of learning/aviation outside of ERAU.

You will notice multiple advertisements from ERAU Flight Dept, the number of open positions and the high turnover rate says volumes. There are much better opportunities available.
Wonderful opportunity for a first college job
Senior Online Faculty Quality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 3, 2016
This was my first job in college and I am thankful for such a great opportunity. I gained a wealth of skills and knowledge from the staff throughout my time there.
Adjunct Professor, Ground Instructor (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 25, 2016
Enjoyed working at Embry-Riddle . Great co-workers, students and administrators. Hope to have the opportunity to instruct there again next semester.
Senior Management doesn't listen to the workers in the field.
Manager of Budget & Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 12, 2014
For an educational institution, they have highly reputable faculty; however, they put too much emphasis on trying to make each off site campus location identical when in reality each location is unique and not all of what headquarters wants works at each individual location. The main campus gets great ratings because working at main campus is awesome; however, when you are out in the field at one of the 150+ campus locations, life is not as happy as headquarters whats the public to believe.
productive and fun environment workplace
Grounds Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 27, 2014
I love going in early mornings and saying goodmorning too
my co-workers getting the tools for our daily duties,warming
the company truck up for the daily chores and before the sun gets really get hot we try to hump (work fast as we can) much as we can.
Pros
the work environment
Cons
pay
Great place to work while going to school
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 27, 2013
I attended school at Embry-Riddle and did this job on the side for a couple semesters. It's a great way to earn a little spending money and doesn't get in the way of studies.

4.4