EmCare, Inc.

EmCare, Inc. Employer Reviews

several locumns assignments with this company
Staff locumns (Former Employee), Abilene, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: money good
Cons: locations were not where i would like to settle down permanently
Worked for them at Abilene, TX, Enid, OK. and in El Paso, TX. Work was typical for nurse anesthesia
Flexible work schedule
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no bonuses or incentives
This company overall is a fairly good company to work for. They could offer more incentives and/or bonuses but they do not. There really isn't room for advancement unless you are willing to travel. It is contract work so job security is very risky.
Work at various facilities, if needed
Billing Coordinator, P/T (Former Employee), Ilwaco, WADecember 15, 2013
Pros: work independently and generally own hours
Cons: work self out of job due to routine
Employer is aptly transparent but available when needed. Provides adequate instruction, work independently, yet able to work with others as a non-employee. Ability to work self out of job due to routine. Pay is comparable.
productive but very stressful
Government Accounts Receivable specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2013
overall this was a good place to work. management change and that was the down fall of the company. it was stressful but had good benefits. i advanced into being the billing supervisor.
Great co-workers
Sr. Physician Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2013
Pros: flexability
Cons: unsupportive
• Compose standard number of hospital schedules based on the division workload.
• Support Medical Director at site-scheduled contracts as needed.
• Educate clinicians on scheduling protocols and guidelines.
• Develop strong relationships with clinicians via the phone.
• Establish strong relationships with team-members.
• Negotiate with clinicians.
 – more... Provide various reports to management.
• Reconcile clinician hours each month and submit reports to payroll department.
• On-call responsibility.
• Consults with management and reviews project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
• Develops project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources. Formulates and defines objectives of project.
• Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks. Coordinates recruitment or assignment of project personnel / resources.
• Assigns duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel / resources.
• Coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
• Adheres to standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
• Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules and plans as required.
• Prepares project status reports and keeps management, clients, and others informed of project status and related issues.
• Confers with project personnel to provide advice and resolve / escalate problems. Coordinates and responds to requests for changes from original specifications.
• Monitors project results against customer specifications.
• Develops and maintains project documentation. – less
Great Company
Staff Accountant II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Management was great and knew how to communicate with their employees. Also, they valued the small things and believed in promoting with in the company before hiring from the outside. I loved the fact that everybody got a long and I'm still friends with half of my department still. If they didn't relocate the accounting department I would probably still – more... be there or stayed longer than 3 years. – less
flexible work schedule
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, PAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: great schedule
Cons: communication with home office vs work location
mainly work alone at outsourced hospitals
management is understanding and flexible. At no time are they micro-managers
Hardest part is being employed by EmCare but being positioned outside of the company (i.e in the contracted hospital ER
It is truly great to work for a company who allows flexibility in your schedule.. they understand that life happens
Very nice
Site/Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), New JerseySeptember 28, 2013
I would start a day by copying the log ( list of ER patients visited that day). Then I used to scan the medical charts for these patients to the company. I was a site coordinator. I was working for the company but was not on site. My director and manager used to come to me for meetings.

I had a very nice experience with them. My director valued my – more... work and used to tell me that I am an asset to their company and if she could she would make my clones to have it on other sites.

Hardest part of the job was to get missing signatures and missing info on medical records from ER docs.

I used to enjoy the yearly seminar in PA where the head quarter was. I also enjoyed my work. – less
Lead Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 25, 2013
Pros: the offices shut down early before a holiday
Cons: benefits
A Wonderful group of people to work with. Management has great ideas to keep the company moving forward.
Coder (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSJuly 23, 2013
Working for EmCare was enjoyable a day at work was very busy learning how to do Insurance coding was stressful some days. Our manager was very nice and very helpful and I worked with a good group of people.I enjoyed learning new changes!
Billing coordinator
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 18, 2013
Pros: no onsite management, set your own schedule
Cons: no structure, no accountability, total unprofessional attitude and disregard for employees, unethical and illegal practices
The company has fair benefits and the position itself is interesting if you are able to self manage, however the Supervisors and managers are the most unprofessional and unethical I have ever encountered. Just know that Billing coordinators are at the bottom of the todem poll and are constantly told so, I was talked to and treated like trash from Supervisors – more... to corporate wannabees. I discovered several instances of illegal billing on their part and was told to basically shut up. I developed systems that fixed several issues at several sites promises were made but not honored. My supervisor was not knowledgeable or helpful in any way and only available when she needed help. New processes are constantly implemented without our knowledge and no training or heads up. There is no accountability for management and no credit for those doing all the work just all the blame – less
Productive Work Place
Clinic Service representative/Billing (Current Employee), Dallas, txMay 9, 2013
Pros: quarterly bonus, training thats available
Cons: change in our health insurance, and managemant
A typical day at work would be keying anywhere from over $600,000.00 in charges a day. Which includes inpatient consults, procedures, anesthesia, office visits etc. Our management team is great, but since a change in the last year I believe it lacks in various ways. We do not have the same level of understanding, and communication like we used to. There – more... has been a lot of new people start within the department I work in, which is pain. Besides myself, there is only one other person who still works in my department that has been here for several years. The hardest part of my job, I would have to say some of the tickets that come through my office. We have 2 coders, 1 that has been with the company for 5+ years, and 1 almost new coder. They both code different, which is fine if its coded correctly. The new coder isn't organized, or accurate in her work. The most enjoyable time for me, I would have to say month end. I love busy!! I am a go getter, and if I don't have something to do than I find something. – less
Love this Company!
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Dublin, GAMarch 26, 2013
Emergency room is crazy but fun! Long hours but great friends. Only required to work 120 hours a month which is 10-12 days/month.
great place to work
Credentialing Coordinator Associate (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: can't think of any
Various administrative duties, support for recruiters. Mapping, loved it and love the team of folks
What you do to others, will be done to you.
Payroll and Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: hmm....
Cons: no diversity; constant gossip; negative politics and ethics.
Manager was the worst I’ve had in my career. During my initial interview, I was asked personal questions about my grandmother, not to mention, he drew on the back of my resume and cover letter because he was bored. His actions showed poor training skills with unprofessional skills in the workplace. There is a lot to learn and take in without formal – more... training, or, a team environment. You were expected to learn the job via Email/Lync, short face to face conversations and taking notes on 100 different topics all at once. The resources you need to succeed are not available to you – I asked, several times, for a desk calendar and hanging file organizer, but was told they couldn't be ordered, due to budget issues. In addition, the Scheduler(s), always lagged on having the schedules ready, even though I called, sent numerous emails, even showed up at their desk(s) asking for them. These schedules are what we use to pay the Providers from, therefore, forcing me to process the payroll very fast, resulting in errors at the end. This job has serious turnover, beware if you apply you won't be there long. On my first day, I introduced myself, and asked each employee why they enjoyed working at EmCare, some politely chose not to respond, some gave me a look I interpreted as ''leave while you have the chance!'', and others completely ignored me.

Overall, the management was awful; if you’re not in the "click" you’re not going to last. I was very hurt, I gave the best of myself, but when you don’t bow down to management, they will do all they can to get you out of there. – less
Emcare was a job I really enjoyed
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 7, 2012
Pros: bonuses for the recovered charts.
Cons: having to find the older records.
A typical day at work was collecting Emergency room records, putting them in date order. Next, I would look over the T-sheets make sure it was completely filled out. Then, I would enter information into the computer to begin scanning the records. I learned to analyze a record. I learned document imaging. No, management. My co-workers I got along with – more... fine. The hardest part of my job was recovering for older charts that for other reasons had been removed from the stack for other reasons and were not scanned. The most enjoyable was scanning. – less
Stimluating health care organization that focuses on the staffing of physicians and mid-levels.
Divisional Client Administrator (Current Employee), Santa Barbara, CANovember 7, 2012
Pros: invigorating and challenging environment.
Cons: client/contract retention is a little concerning.
Every day brings forth new opportunities to resolve. No two days are the same, which I enjoy. The organization is very friendly and supportive. The culture is good, management is solid, and people have a tendency to stay in their roles for a long time.
Emcare
Regional ER Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 5, 2012
Pros: traveled, health insurance
Cons: traveled too much, conflict of ethics
Grew from several jobs at this company and ended up leaving due to conflict of ethics.

Traveled to all sites in the Southeast region of the United States. Helped with support and implementing new sites for billing of ER physicians. Worked with management, case managers, hospital administration and billing coordinator staffs.

I learned a lot about – more... the hiring process and firing process. I also learned to deal with people from different states from different backgrounds.

Most of management was very good except sometimes communication was not very clear and tension was felt by all.

My co-workers were mostly the staff I managed since I was on the road most of time - about 85%

The hardest part of the job was the extensive traveling and miscommunication between management and staff.

The most enjoyable part of the staff is seeing the result of my hard work on paper and seeing the revenue increase. – less
Fast past, highly stressful position
Physician Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, txOctober 1, 2012
Pros: nice people, free lunches
Cons: little to no training, over whelming workload
A typical day at work consists of seeking physicians to fill open shifts at ED's and writing ED schedules.
Stressful Job with unsuccessful training tactics.
Regional Billing Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 19, 2012
Manager was the worst I've had in my professional career. Poor training skills with unprofessional communication skills.
A lot to learn and take in without formal training. Manager expected you to learn the job via phone conversations and taking notes on 100 different topics all at once. When you ask questions, he would reply, "I'm not going to answer – more... that." He was more concerned at telling me who he didn't like at the company over formal training. When something went wrong he put it all on me AFTER I DID EXACTLY WHAT HE TOLD ME TO. This job has serious turnover, beware if you apply you won't be there long. I was the 4th Supervisor in a short time frame.

The staff get to do whatever they no call no shows, etc. The thought is they are PT so they are important and hard to come by so we need to "Baby" them....WOW!

You will never be able to apply your skills to this position because the manager wants everything ran by him and done his way. Well he can do it his self NOW...

Company overall is Great. – less

catlover – August 21, 2012

I think I must have worked for the same guy at Reimbursement Technologies, which is a subsidiary of EMcare.

About EmCare, Inc.

EmCare works well under pressure. The company is the largest provider of contracted emergency department staffing and management – Read more