EmCare Employee Reviews

I loved working for Emcare
Physician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 15, 2017
This was a great job! I loved my manager, coworkers and the environment in general. The pay was satisfactory but they did offer incentive which inspired the employees to do their best.
Excellent place of employment.
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2017
Due to illness I had to resign from my position. I have greatly regretted that decision. Emcare is one of the best employers to work for. I discontinue to apply there to get back to work for this company. Emcare cares about it's staff and makes evedry effort to make sure you are taken cared of and are happy. They provide you wityh all the needed training and guidance to do your job correctly and the supervisors are approachable.
Pros
Schedules, care of employees
Cons
A little stressful at times
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2017
I would recommend this employer to friends. I learned a lot of different aspects of credentialing and making contact with the doctors and state credentialing.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
management
Doctor shortages
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 21, 2017
More recruitment focus needed for size of company. Start ups should have longer time frames for recruitment before beginning new accounts that are not already 65% staffed.
Benefits
Cons
A certain expectation of stress levels for scheduling dept. coordinators.
Stepping Stone
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 31, 2017
This is an ok stepping stone to get where you want to be in your career. You will work hard from day one. Not much training or orientation but things seem to work.
Pros
location
Cons
management
Emergency Health
Family Nurse Practitioner-BC (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2017
Great and friendly place to work. Emergency medicine at its best, Friendly management and staff. Everyone willing to help to ensure patient safety and satisfaction.
Decent place to work, ruined by management
Payroll (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 26, 2017
I would not recommend wasting your time working here (Clearwater office anyway) unless you only need a short term solution; career minded people will be disappointed. Have never seen such turnover across all departments, including CEO & VPs. The company president even abandoned ship recently (says alot).

Could be a good company, but nearly all members of management are unqualified for their positions and unfortunately they are the ones making all the decisions and hiring; think downward spiral.
Run Fast
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2017
This company is only about making money and the management team is A JOKE from the office to corporate. They all have favorites that can get away with anything then there are the ones who work the hardest and they do not get an recognition. They are lazy and want to take the credit for others work. Bad pay and sorry benefits
Pros
nothing
Cons
Management, pay and unapperciative
Flex time and room for advancement
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 29, 2017
The work culture is good, benefits great. If you can work independently and stay on task, this is a great job. If you need constant hand-holding and supervision, apply elsewhere.
EmCare
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 24, 2017
A great employer to work for, good benefits, nice office space, comfortable working space. Management is approachable and work just as hard as the employees. Interesting and challenging work
Pros
Positive
I enjoyed working independantly
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 21, 2017
I enjoyed working independently, but the only set back was there wasn't coverage when I took time off. The hours where flexible as long as you worked the required hours. I did not feel appreciated/compensated during reviews since I was the only employee for my location.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lack of time off
Great opportunity
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 20, 2017
A typical work day includes seeing patients of all ages in the Emergency room, greeting, examining, diagnosing and treating emergent conditions. Some patients require procedural repairs, others admissions and discharges.
Pros
valuable experience in the ER
Cons
No lunch break
I loved this job. I loved the work environment
Hospitalist Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXMay 8, 2017
I worked with great Doctors and staff. We sent medical records into our billing dept., attended meetings for the dept., served as liason between patients and physicians.
Pros
very relaxed work environment
Cons
nonw
Great Company for Healthcare Professionals
Division Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 22, 2017
Great Company with lots of opportunity for growth. The hours are heavy and so is the work, however, the pay is very fair and the exposure to the industry are excellent.
The workers are great, but it is Management who is clueless
Corporate employee (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 20, 2017
ZERO support from direct managers. There is ZERO accountability and everyone is out for themselves. People in management positions who have no experience and are clueless. It's all about who can kiss the biggest butt in the C-suite. People are quick to point the finger at someone else and not take any responsibility when things go wrong-- And they go wrong constantly.
Pros
the employees are some of the best around
Cons
clueless management, ZERO support from HR, Easier to point a finger at someone else
EmCare
Credentialing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 16, 2017
This was the first Credentialing position I had and loved it. I enjoyed the fact that you had to multitask, was always busy and it was challenging. I learned a completely new position and was very good at it.
Pros
Constantly busy, worked with great people, learned something new everyday.
The company is unfair
Hospitalist Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 23, 2017
The company will expect more and more out of you and do not compensate you for your work. Want you to keep the same pay and continue adding new duties to your job.
Overall Emcare is a good company to work for. They provide a pleaant work atmosphere. My coworkers and supervisors are cordial and helpful.
ICD-9 / ICD-10Coder (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 21, 2017
An average day consists of running, coding and submitting reports. The company has taught me how to adapt to change as well as grow with it. The most enjoyable part of the job is having supportive and helpful coworkers when I have questions or difficulty. Also, the training sessions are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is the commute, which is longer than I prefer. Also, during closing periods things get a little tense.
Easy to work with
Lead Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Liverpool, OHFebruary 5, 2017
I found that administration of EmCare was nice to work with and receptive to our concerns. Competitive wages and benefits.
Learning Experience
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Such a learning experience, Moved up in the company quick due to my ability to learn new things and my drive to want to learn them. I wouldn't trade my experience for anything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EmCare. Our community is ready to answer.