EMCO Technologies

EMCO Technologies Employer Reviews

Great
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), huntsville, alDecember 11, 2014
This is a great job and a great opportunity to get started in the IT world.
Great place to start off
Help Desk (Current Employee), Madison, ALNovember 25, 2014
Pros: low stress
Cons: contract politics
For the ACE-IT Contractor

While my experience with this company has been short I have enjoyed my time here so far.

Management is great and if you need something they will generally try to make it happen.

You have the tools needed to be successful.
ok place to work.
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Madison, ALOctober 29, 2014
just packages and shipped school supplies. packages writing utencils and sharpies and pens
Treats their employees like family
Senior Support Analyst, Metric Reporting (Former Employee), Madison, ALSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: best team in my professional career since operation desert storm 1991.
Cons: contract ended
When the co-founder (and sitting president) of the company visits your workplace and speaks to their employees on a first name basis, you know that you work for a GREAT company! From executive VP down to the leadership on the “front lines of the IT battlefield”, professionalism and customer service is carried out with the utmost level of precision and – more... execution. Our Regional Operations Manager was not only an inspirational leader, she was an efficient “hands-on” solutions facilitator for the two major contracts I proudly served for and with. As a manager in 2006, She provided me with 100% of the challenges that I requested during my initial interview with EMCO Technologies. Likewise, my fiduciary responsibilities led to immediate opportunities within the company.

A typical day at the ESD (Enterprise Service Desk – Madison, AL) with EMCO Technologies shared only one key aspect similar to a football team’s performance on the field. “EVERYDAY WAS A GAMEDAY” Expectation to perform at ones best was the standard on our team. We conquered many obstacles by; (1) seizing pertinent data, (2) planning for strategic goals/outcomes, (3) executing and utilizing our unique team-members gifts to address issues within our respective disciplines.

The most difficult aspect of this job was the relentless waves of IT issues that (as expected) faces any Enterprise-Level Service Desk. Ironically, this most difficult part of the job was the most rewarding as we captured team wins. I hold the highest admiration for my team and how this experience allowed me to grow as a person and a team-contributor. – less
great job
Pickup and Deliver (Former Employee), Madison, ALAugust 12, 2014
This job was a great job. It was awesome being able to work with the NASA employees.
Great, fantastic company to work for!
Mac Field Technician/Help Desk Support (Current Employee), Madison, ALJune 16, 2014
Very blessed to have had the opportunity to work for EMCO Technologies! From the day I started with this company I have learned so much. Management is great and our team is as well.
Low Pay
Technician (Current Employee), TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: inadequate pay
As another reviewer said, EMCO is basically a staffing company that supplies IT workers to larger companies under contract.

They are mostly interested in filling their x number of seats while paying as little as possible to maximize what they make from the contract.

Yearly raises are insultingly low. No interest in offering competitive pay when they – more... can hire another warm body to fill the spot.

Once hired, you will have little interaction with EMCO. In time, you will learn this is actually a plus. – less
Great place to get your start in IT.
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Madison, AlabamaMarch 26, 2014
I've been here for a year and a half and I like my job. EMCO keeps up with changing technology so there is always something new to learn.
Aweseome
Technical Support Helpdesk (Current Employee), Madison, ALFebruary 26, 2014
Great environment. Great people. Great atmosphere. Great opportunity to gain experience.
EMCO Tech
Helpdesk Analyst I (Army Corp of Engineers) (Current Employee), Madison, ALJanuary 20, 2014
Not a bad place to work. The mindset of management is more of a call center than a true IT helpdesk. For the most part co workers are a great bunch or men and women. They are highly knowledgeable, and have a real sense or team work.
Inept management and generally a terrible place to work.
Undocumented Slave Labor (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 30, 2013
Pros: coworkers are nice since they are in the same situation you are.
Cons: horriblly inept management. fast-food mentality.
EMCO started out as a nice company. Family owned and operated. Recently the original owners went into semi-retirement and left the company to be managed by others who apparently do not have the same value system the founders had.

With that said, they are currently subcontracting with other larger contractors for government work. They position themselves – more... as a value supplier of cheap labor for cash strapped primary contractors. Even if you apply for a position with a large company, you may end up working for EMCO without any choice in the matter. Beware.

Given that their original foray into the IT market was in running help desks, they have no idea how to manage or interact with educated, career professionals. You will be micromanaged, never given the benefit of the doubt in any contentious matter, and you will be generally treated like a fast food worker. It is true what has been said in other reviews on here. They will nitpick you to the n-th degree. If you as much as accidentally fill out a billing code incorrectly on a time sheet they will write you up. It will be your fault, even if they never gave you a single written word of instruction on how to properly navigate their timekeeping system.

My advice? Avoid them like the plague. IF you have entirely no other option than to work for them, for example if your contract changes and you find yourself working for them, get everything in writing that they promise you. Then start looking for another job. – less
Worse company to work for!!!
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Decatur, ALMay 30, 2013
Pros: none!!!
Cons: - no room for advancement - they hire individuals from outside instead of promoting internally.
During my year and a half working at EMCO, I experenced one the worst work environments ever established. First off - they require you to sign a one year contract to work for them. Yes, they will pay to get your SC. However, they had to implement this policy because many of the employees received other jobs within months of getting hired. That should – more... of been a RED FLAG for me. I should of asked myself why so many people quit as soon as they received a new job. The straw that broke that camels back for me was when I had to take 3 days off to be with my sick son. I am a single full-time father. Regardless, I had PTO saved up to use for times like these. I followed company policy by providing Dr. notes, informed supervisors, etc. When I returned to work I received a writen notice for my absents. After receiving a new opportunity elsewhere, I wanted to make things right with EMCO before I left by providing them with a notice. I emailed my notice informing my supervisors that I would be leaving the company in 12 days. Even though I had been a dedicated employee and was always one of the top agents, I received no remorce for my departure, I only received a reply stating that it is company policy to provide a 14 day notice and that if I did not complete the 14 days I would not be allowed to return.

- You are unable to communicate with your fellow workers.
- Bathroom breaks are short and monitored to the T. If you go over 1 sec, you will receive a verbal, written, or termination letter.
- You are required to show up before your shift begins to load the software that you will be using.
- No room for advancement - They hire individuals from outside instead of promoting internally.
- Real life cannot intrude work life. – less
OK company for contract work
Field Technician (Contract) (Former Employee), Edwards AFB, CAMay 20, 2013
Pros: steady work schedule, competitive salary
Cons: contract was doomed from start
Had an assignment as government contractor for new PC rollout. The assignment lasted 2 weeks as company I worked for laid-off half it's workforce including me.
Fun place to work
Refresh Technician (Former Employee), huntsville, ALSeptember 2, 2012
Temp job so wasnt there for long but enjoyed the work and the people
Productive work environment
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Madison, ALApril 25, 2012
Pros: working with all aspects of it, from server admins to software developers.
Cons: my duties are no longer challenging.
Supporting IT for the US Army Corps of Engineers. Windows based machines Xp and Windows 7, Blackberry Support, Output device support,Cisco Voip support, and user account support in active directory.

I have learned a lot about Enterprise IT and how it all comes together to support the customer.

Overall it is managed well for the amount of customers – more... we support.

My co-workers make the job. We are like one big family.

The hardest part of the job is when I have the knowledge to fix a problem but not the access or the tools to do so.

The most enjoyable part of my job is resolving problems and going above and beyond to help the customer. – less
Staffing company!!!!
Computer Technician (Former Employee), La Porte, TXApril 4, 2012
They play themselves as company that does more than just fill spots but that is all they are is a staffing company
EMCO Technolgies
Desktop support technician (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 10, 2012
Pros: insurance, 401k, flexibility
EMCO is a great company. I love working for them and they really seem to care about their employees