EMCO Technologies Employee Reviews

The pay didn't match
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJuly 29, 2017
For a help desk I believe the pay that we were compensated was never enough, not even for an entry level job. Besides that everything was good to go for me.
A learning experience with customer service
Enterprise Service Desk I Tech (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJune 9, 2017
As a first time position with customer service, this position allows an employee to see how customers can come across to you as a support agent. You begin to learn how to assist even the irate customers, those who would rather vent their frustrations than to explain their issue. Issues like these can never be taken personally, although sometimes it is difficult not to. All in all a very good learning experience.
communication and IT
Two way communication technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 4, 2017
daily work scheduled
retirement plan available
multiple job activities
clean and climate controlled installation area
slow job progression
not very many upward movements
Good
PC Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLJune 2, 2017
EMCO was a good company to work for here at KSC. Benefits were very good. The salary could have been higher considering the work that was being performed.
productive, fun
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  qatarMarch 19, 2017
good job, nice environment, best managment, accomodation and food are they providing, and they are used to our culture of job, over all i like my job
Pros
free luch, healtg care
Cons
short breaks, health
Great Atmospher
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALFebruary 8, 2017
Emco was used to support customer service operations within Call Centers, Help Desks & specifically for Self Service Users across the Globe. Universal Knowledge enables users to locate answers accurately and efficiently, using a self-learning technology that enhances the users experience. Deployment times are short, with the option to use out of the box or integrated with your existing applications.
Was set up to fail but we held it together
Help Desk II / Senior Help Desk Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALFebruary 21, 2016
Helpdesk didn't have a direction, database or support foundation to start off with so we had to build it from the ground up. Fully supported the head of management but middle management ran the support in a break neck fashion. Morale was low, restrictions to even move around or use the restroom! This drove good people and tech away because it caused a stressful environment.
Pros
paid for your experience
Cons
Advancement on the buddy system
Great company to work for!
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston Area, TexasSeptember 3, 2015
Steady work schedule. Operate in small groups. Not micro-managed by Company Supervisors. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility of the staff. Quality workers who are able to cover and manage multiple aspects of the site.
Pros
Paid holiday and insurance package.
Cons
Personnel support could be better.
Productive work place with excellent work environment
Radio Frequency Engineer and Project Manager. (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 11, 2015
Excellent work place and environment.
Easy to get your point across and options heard.
Excellent benefits and PTO. The most enjoyable part of my job is completion of a long term project and seeing it all come together as planned.
Do Not Work for EMCO
Vulnerability Management Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJanuary 27, 2015
You will be treated like a toddler. You will have to ask for permission to use the bathroom, and your ability to advance within the company (which is very, very minimal) is based completely on supporting the ego of certain members of the management, and not at all based upon merit.
Terrible Management/Terrible Environment
Helpdesk Analyst Level II (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALDecember 12, 2014
This job is a great job to start your IT career, though they make you pay for it with your soul. Once you agree to work for them, they pay for your security clearance. They then require you to sign a one year contract stating that you won't leave or you'll have to reimburse them the money from the clearance. Red Flag! Management is hired from a close group of friends that worked together previously OR from a group of church friends.

The work environment can be best compared to kindergarten. Monitored bathroom breaks, constant supervison, the whole nine yards.

Management likes to act like they are "on your team", however when the call volume would go up all 16 of them could only manage to stare at a board that also monitored every second that you weren't on the phone.

The management to worker ratio is 15:24. That may be an exaggeration, but that's how it seems. 3 team leads, 4 supervisors, 1 operations manager, 1 deputy manager, 1 project lead, 1 metrics specialist, 2 priority managers, 1 problem manager, 1 training manager, 2 Jr training managers, and 1 administrative assistant seems to be over kill for a 40 person help desk.

Also, if you make a friend, keep it to yourself. This kind of shinanigan will lead to a prompt desk move. Most likely by a supervisor, who will then set your computer back up incorrectly. (To be fair, I can see how a supervisor with a degree in biology wouldn't be able to set up a computer. Good thing said supervisor was qualified for an I.T. Supervisor position, or maybe she just went to church with the other supervisors. Same thing, right?)
  more...

Do yourself a favor and get your start somewhere else. Anywhere else. Anywhere.
Pros
You'll make great friends that you'll be punished for having.
Cons
See above. There won't be any pros to get in the way.
Great
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  huntsville, alDecember 11, 2014
This is a great job and a great opportunity to get started in the IT world.
Great place to start off
Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALNovember 25, 2014
For the ACE-IT Contractor

While my experience with this company has been short I have enjoyed my time here so far.

Management is great and if you need something they will generally try to make it happen.

You have the tools needed to be successful.
Pros
Low Stress
Cons
Contract politics
ok place to work.
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALOctober 29, 2014
just packages and shipped school supplies. packages writing utencils and sharpies and pens
Treats their employees like family
Senior Support Analyst, Metric Reporting (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALSeptember 22, 2014
When the co-founder (and sitting president) of the company visits your workplace and speaks to their employees on a first name basis, you know that you work for a GREAT company! From executive VP down to the leadership on the “front lines of the IT battlefield”, professionalism and customer service is carried out with the utmost level of precision and execution. Our Regional Operations Manager was not only an inspirational leader, she was an efficient “hands-on” solutions facilitator for the two major contracts I proudly served for and with. As a manager in 2006, She provided me with 100% of the challenges that I requested during my initial interview with EMCO Technologies. Likewise, my fiduciary responsibilities led to immediate opportunities within the company.

A typical day at the ESD (Enterprise Service Desk – Madison, AL) with EMCO Technologies shared only one key aspect similar to a football team’s performance on the field. “EVERYDAY WAS A GAMEDAY” Expectation to perform at ones best was the standard on our team. We conquered many obstacles by; (1) seizing pertinent data, (2) planning for strategic goals/outcomes, (3) executing and utilizing our unique team-members gifts to address issues within our respective disciplines.

The most difficult aspect of this job was the relentless waves of IT issues that (as expected) faces any Enterprise-Level Service Desk. Ironically, this most difficult part of the job was the most rewarding as we captured team wins. I hold the highest admiration for my team and how this experience allowed me to grow as a person and a team-contributor.
Pros
Best team in my professional career since Operation Desert Storm 1991.
Cons
Contract ended
great job
Pickup and Deliver (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALAugust 12, 2014
This job was a great job. It was awesome being able to work with the NASA employees.
Great, fantastic company to work for!
Mac Field Technician/Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALJune 16, 2014
Very blessed to have had the opportunity to work for EMCO Technologies! From the day I started with this company I have learned so much. Management is great and our team is as well.
Low Pay
Technician (Current Employee) –  TXApril 24, 2014
As another reviewer said, EMCO is basically a staffing company that supplies IT workers to larger companies under contract.

They are mostly interested in filling their x number of seats while paying as little as possible to maximize what they make from the contract.

Yearly raises are insultingly low. No interest in offering competitive pay when they can hire another warm body to fill the spot.

Once hired, you will have little interaction with EMCO. In time, you will learn this is actually a plus.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Inadequate pay
Great place to get your start in IT.
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, AlabamaMarch 26, 2014
I've been here for a year and a half and I like my job. EMCO keeps up with changing technology so there is always something new to learn.
Aweseome
Technical Support Helpdesk (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALFebruary 26, 2014
Great environment. Great people. Great atmosphere. Great opportunity to gain experience.